What is the funniest webcomic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that this group is sufficiently experienced to speak to this. I'm not looking for thought provoking. I don't want to reflect on my humanity.

I want the funneh.

So, please commence the debate of the funniest comic, either current or defunct, that the internets have to offer. Is Gunshow really the funniest webcomic? Is Achewood more apt to split sides that Questionable Content? Can Dinosaur Comics beat out The Perry Bible Fellowship? Is Scott Kurtz really a hack?

The Fun Size want to know.

I don't think there's any one answer, since everyone has differing tastes in humor.

I, however, find myself smiling the most at Bad Machinery/Giant Days and Digger.

Funniest?

From my list I'd say Hark! A Vagrant, Daily Dinosaur Comics, or Penny Arcade.

They're all in my top ten but are the ones I can say most sacrifice continuity for the most consistent humour.

J

Jiarn

Hark! A Vagrant is one of the few webcomics that has made me laugh out loud, and hard.

Zappit

Staff member
Anything by KC Green - hands down. Perry Bible was fantastic, too. Kate Beaton's work is pretty silly, too.

P

Philosopher B.

For me, it's a toss-up between Gunshow and Hark! A Vagrant. My favorite comics are the ones for which the drawing style is just as funny, if not more, than the writing itself. Dull or inexpressive drawing styles go a long way towards turning me off.

Dave

Staff member
half of the posts in this thread made me vomit in my mouth.

The only funny webcomics I read are Achewood, Hark! A Vagrant, and Gun Show.
Movie snob. Er...Comics snob.

Wait until you set your peepers on the first "A Fistful of Fists" that will be on the front page starting next week. I've seen it already and I literally laughed out loud - and I hardly ever do that for a comic.

Movie snob. Er...Comics snob.

Wait until you set your peepers on the first "A Fistful of Fists" that will be on the front page starting next week. I've seen it already and I literally laughed out loud - and I hardly ever do that for a comic.
This made me so fucking proud

Along the lines of the funny drawing styles being part of what makes a comic funny, Boxer Hockey never ceases to make me giggle with the faces he can create

J

Jiarn

It may not be the funniest, but I've found a love in "Octopus Pie". I just read the entire archive in the past 2 days. I really love how I've come to feel for the characters.

Necronic

Staff member
Perry Bible Fellowship would definitely take first place if it hadn't ended. I'll give it to Achewood. The buildup may be long sometimes and the jokes can be somewhat cerebral but they are so well thought out. I think the guy is a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.