What are you pointing with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo III is out and that got me thinking about mice.

What's everyone using to point and interact with their computers? On my desktop I use a Logitech G500.

figmentPez

Staff member
Logitech G5 weighted just the way I like it.
Logitech-G5-Laser-Mouse.jpg

I'm going to be sad when this one dies, but not as sad as when my iFeel Mouseman crapped out. I loved that mouse so freaking much. I really wish that tech had caught on, it was pretty useful.

Razer DeathAdder. I find I don't need all of the extra buttons that the Naga has, as I have a Nostromo for that.

Generic mouse and a trackball. I switch between the two when my hand starts getting tired. The trackball is a thumb trackball, so different muscles are used.

Logitech G9:

At the time I bought it, you have no idea how hard it was to find a mouse that you could adjust the sensitivity of it on-the-fly, and yet also have a WIRE. At the time, the USB wireless mice had horrid latency, even the so-called "gaming" ones. I've heard it has gotten better, but I have no reason to upgrade until this dies, which I hope isn't for another 5 or more years.

GasBandit

Staff member
Oh yes, USB mice have been great for a long time now. I haven't had a PS2 mouse in over 10 years. No latency.

Or did you mean wireless? Because those were kind of an issue until recently, too, though I have played with the same wireless mouse for quite a while now.

Necronic

Staff member
Good lord. No wonder you hate so many games frankie, you have your hand wrapped around a torture device when you play.

I use this at work

http://www.evoluent.com/

It feels strange at first, and really my hand is too big to use it properly, but it still feels great. Honestly I think that this is the ulimate evolution of mice, and where they all should go (in one form or another.)

At home I use a G9. The on the fly sensitivity change is pretty useful in certain games (BF3 for instance).

Necronic

Staff member
Dont get me wrong, it looks pretty amazing for gaming. Just a little....over the top.

Do most games support that many buttons?

Yes...assuming you can macro key combinations to the buttons, the mouse basically becomes a highly specialized gaming keyboard.

--Patrick

Dont get me wrong, it looks pretty amazing for gaming. Just a little....over the top.

Do most games support that many buttons?
Most games don't really need to take advantage of it, but like it's called, it really shines in button and macro intensive MMOs. Most games the plain old Rat7 is fine.

Necronic

Staff member
Do you use a gameboard as well? Like the logitech G13 or whatever its called? I could imagine that combination would be pretty impressive.

GasBandit

Staff member
Or a nostromo speedpad. I've thought about getting one of those myself. That many buttons are handy, once you get used to them you never want to go back. They let you do things with a click you used to have to do finger-twisting key combinations for. Like, "That's a SPY!" in TF2 is X, then 2. Try doing that while moving and aiming. Or, try doing it with a thumb button.

Necronic

Staff member
I think I prefer the G13 to the speedbad, purely for the amount of buttons. However one thing I really dislike about the G13 (and maybe the Nostromo does this better) is that the directions in between the primary axes on the joystick (like up+left) do not seem to work correctly.

If they did then it would be the best gaming device of all time, since you can replace your entire WASD layout with a single finger. But I haven't been able to get the sorted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.