What are you playing?

I'm apparently dyslexic now too.

My order would be about the same as yours, but I'd switch Honest Hearts and Dead Money. Really wasn't my cup of tea.

Plants vs Zombies: Level 4-10... wtf is this shit? I might as well let a 3-year-old play for all the influence I'm having on this scenario. Sheesh.

Finished Fear 3 on Point Man, loved the game so much I'm going back through as Fettel. Some people complain it's not scary because of how much firepower you have.... it has the exact same amount of action + horror as any other entry in the series and the exact same weapon sets so I have no idea what the complaint is. Very fun game.

Still playing Lego Batman. Finished the Hero side and working through the second part of the Villains side. Still a very fun casual game to play for a few minutes at a time.

Played and finished Recettear. Very cute and fun game but -ends- before you can do much. Thankfully endless mode will let me explore more of the game.

Also playing WoW and enjoying the new 5.0.4 patch changes.

Well, the lack of fear has always been the complaint of the FEAR series. There was never a reason to really be afraid.

Well, the lack of fear has always been the complaint of the FEAR series. There was never a reason to really be afraid.
True, it definitely was an action horror game not a horror survival game. I think it created a nice niche in the genre that I wish we'd see more of. Dead Space is definitely another notch in that wall.

Fired up Pokemon Black.

After lots of save scumming, I finally got myself a Drilbur. This guy is beastly.
I'd offer you a baby Zorua in trade for a crap Pokemon since I've bred a ton of them, but since we're on opposite sides of the planet, I doubt our times would sync up.

Playing LA Noire, while the game does suffer from a little bit of Adventure Game Dream/Insanity Logic Syndrome, or AGDILS, it is kind of fun to pretend to be a cop from a bygone era. I tell you, if I ever drove over as many people and shot as many random street crime perps as I have driving to a crime scene in LA Noire, I might be half as bad as Charlie thinks we all are.

Funny, I just restarted PvZ on tablet last night! I'm halfway through level 2 and getting addicted again. :3
I think part 3 is my favorite. Some part of the music also reminds me of Castlevania.

My story is a shameful one involving"trade regret," where one trades a game to Gamestop and then wishes they hadn't. I traded my PvZ on DS figuring I'd get more money for the cartridge than it would cost to download the DSi version (I was right). But then when I got home, I discovered online that there was no Survival mode, which I'd been looking forward to after I eventually beat the game.

So I ended up using a coupon and the store credit I got to buy the game back. I even got the same cartridge. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Batman: Arkham City: Riddler makes me feel like a moron.

Trade regret is the worst! Especially when Gamestop gives you shit for trade...

Anyway, I believe stage 3 was my favorite, as well! I've always hated the roof... that's where I stopped the last time I played. The first time I played was XBL and that's all I was doing for a long while. Finished the game, bought all the things, got way too addicted to the Zen Garden. <3
After that I took a break, then bought the game again on the iPad and soon after that, the DS. I maaaay have a problem. XD

I am the worst cop in LA. I am a complete psycho. If my random answering calls while in the middle of cases don't end in the covered body in the ambulance cut scene, I am not happy. Subdue the suspect, ok, gun, face, bang. Subdued, crime solved. Also, I go full fucking bore sirens wailing no matter what the situation entails.

Here's the gist, I fucking love LA Noire for the amazing escapism it is affording me.

Not so much playing, but recently got the rules for DC Adventures RPG and Pathfinder, so I am working my way through them along with D&D Next.

I fired up Doom 3 again.

Man I'd forgotten how intense this game is. I played for about 30 minutes and had to shut it down in a cold sweat.

I'm going to go play something more suited to my level of cowardice now, like Minesweeper.

Started playing ROTK 11 again. Started off a new ruler with 5 officers during the scenario of rival warlords.... played all day yesterday. Now I got 8 cities and actively control the Yellow River and I'm fighting Sun Ce on the East and Liu Zhang in the West. My officer core has been optimized to be beastly as my Naval officers in the East fight off wave after wave of Sun Ce attacks while my land generals have been destroying Liu Zhang after he tried to stab me in the back. North of my position I'm currently allied with Lu Bu and sometimes attack the false Emperor Yuan Shu.

It's fun.

I can't wait for cool peeps to translate ROTK 12 in English... however, I don't think I like it as much as I do with ROTK 11.

My favorite is ROTK 3 and 8... I love 8 for the Officer Mode it has.

Decided to pick up Silent Hill 2. I've never played any of the Silent Hill games before, so I'm excited. So far it's been very creepy and mysterious.

Decided to pick up Silent Hill 2. I've never played any of the Silent Hill games before, so I'm excited. So far it's been very creepy and mysterious.
Silent Hill 2 is probably the best entry. After that is Silent Hill 1, then ether Silent Hill 3 or Silent Hill: Downpour. Silent 4 is a take it or leave it deal. I'd avoid Homecoming and Origins.

Introduced my roommate to TF2 yesterday. We played pl_badwater, he was a medic. Not being used to First Person Shooters he did okay for himself, and started getting the hang of things by the end of the night. I'm having fun seeing him discover the game. I might introduce him to 2fort tonight.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's really only dangerous if you haven't gotten your stuff leveled yet. If you have a Lvl 2, it's about the same as a regular sapper and on a level 3 it's worse.
That's assuming I'm glued to my equipment. If I roam even 20 yards, that shit will downgrade to 1 before I can clean it off, and then I've gotta go hunting metal all over again.

That's assuming I'm glued to my equipment. If I roam even 20 yards, that shit will downgrade to 1 before I can clean it off, and then I've gotta go hunting metal all over again.
But you still have SOMETHING there. With a normal sapper, it'd ether be destroyed or badly damaged, which puts you in a worse situation.

GasBandit

Staff member
But you still have SOMETHING there. With a normal sapper, it'd ether be destroyed or badly damaged, which puts you in a worse situation.
Oh I much prefer "badly damaged." That's a maximum of 2 hits with a wrench and 50 or so metal... as opposed to 8 or 16 and 2-400.

So, what games should we be looking forward to in the next few weeks? (Other than Borderlands 2?)
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Editon and Torchlight 2 in September.

Dishonored, XCom: Enemy Unknown, Lego Lord of the Rings in October.

Then it's the November rush.