What are you playing?

Did you kill him yourself? Shego used to kill Halforumites herself.
I think I actually started that tradition WHILE playing with Shego. We had some rando playing with us during the escape at the plantation house (the one before The Parish) and he was limping to the boat, with two Tanks on his trail. I didn't want to risk it, said something like "We can't risk it, buddy," over voice and proceeded to use the sniper rifle to put him down so the escape would trigger. Shego joined in the second she realized what I was doing. She found the entire thing incredibly funny.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think I actually started that tradition WHILE playing with Shego. We had some rando playing with us during the escape at the plantation house (the one before The Parish) and he was limping to the boat, with two Tanks on his trail. I didn't want to risk it, said something like "We can't risk it, buddy," over voice and proceeded to use the sniper rifle to put him down so the escape would trigger. Shego joined in the second she realized what I was doing. She found the entire thing incredibly funny.
In the Mercy Hospital last stand, I got my dumb ass punched off the building by a tank, so then I just had to watch at kibitz after that. Amazingly, Null managed to get to the chopper, but Zoey got jockeyed and Louis got snagged by a smoker. I had to bring myself to tell him "Just let Zoey go, she's gone, nothing you can do. Stay in the chopper. But maybe see if you can kill the smoker on Louis." He managed to kill a tank having a staring contest with him as he cowered at the far end of the chopper, then finished off the smoker. Louis amazingly made it to the chopper, so he and Null-Bill escaped, while Zoey and Gas-Francis got the in memoriam credit.

I hate leaving people behind, it feels too much like "BAD END" from the old NES games, so I usually take special pains to make sure everybody gets to the extraction.[DOUBLEPOST=1435162326,1435162076][/DOUBLEPOST]But on the other hand, there was one time I was playing with a friend of mine's dad, who was taking an EXCRUCIATINGLY long and thorough time on the first level, checking every single door, closet, bathroom, going over every inch, stopping at every item and weapon to weigh the pros and cons before taking it or moving on, I mean, seriously... he was still at the cop car at the alley when the rest of us had cleared all the way to the safe room... so I went out, shot the alarmed car at the subway entrance, then ran into the safe room and shut the door.

He never played another game with us again, no matter how funny both his sons thought it was.

In the Mercy Hospital last stand, I got my dumb ass punched off the building by a tank, so then I just had to watch at kibitz after that. Amazingly, Null managed to get to the chopper, but Zoey got jockeyed and Louis got snagged by a smoker. I had to bring myself to tell him "Just let Zoey go, she's gone, nothing you can do. Stay in the chopper. But maybe see if you can kill the smoker on Louis." He managed to kill a tank having a staring contest with him as he cowered at the far end of the chopper, then finished off the smoker. Louis amazingly made it to the chopper, so he and Null-Bill escaped, while Zoey and Gas-Francis got the in memoriam credit.

I hate leaving people behind, it feels too much like "BAD END" from the old NES games, so I usually take special pains to make sure everybody gets to the extraction.[DOUBLEPOST=1435162326,1435162076][/DOUBLEPOST]But on the other hand, there was one time I was playing with a friend of mine's dad, who was taking an EXCRUCIATINGLY long and thorough time on the first level, checking every single door, closet, bathroom, going over every inch, stopping at every item and weapon to weigh the pros and cons before taking it or moving on, I mean, seriously... he was still at the cop car at the alley when the rest of us had cleared all the way to the safe room... so I went out, shot the alarmed car at the subway entrance, then ran into the safe room and shut the door.

He never played another game with us again, no matter how funny both his sons thought it was.
I also managed to kill the second tank with a shotgun and survived being punched by it twice (by luckily having a wall behind me both times). The one at the chopper was the third tank. And I did kill that smoker, and a bunch of other infected that were gangbanging Louis.

Played through Wolfenstein the New Order. Pretty disappointed with how it ends honestly.

Deathshead goes out on his own terms and you die. Credits. Blech. The least satisfying ending to a game since Mass Effect 3.

Playing Darkest Dungeon, since I bought it during the Steam Sale. Trying to make sure all of my guys don't all go insane at the same time. I am starting to not have enough money to keep them under control. I already had to restart my game once, but I'm doing much better this time.

I know that Highway Rally from A10 is a free game to play on PC, but man is it frustrating. If you click away from the game for even an instant, you lose a lot of the upgrades you made on cars.

Don't Starve: Got this today with the last of my spending money for now, played three runs across five hours. First one, starved from day to day, barely making it through on a rabbit or a handful of berries. Then my wife said "tentacle." "What?" "Tentacle." "Where? I don't see it." "A little to the right." I walk. "A little more. There, you're right next to it." Tentacle kills me. Thanks, dear.

Second time, ran into block monsters.

Third one, I'm on day 11 with Willow. Going okay so far, got some farm plots going, building a fence. It occurs to me now that it would really suck to die at this point, or if I got much further in the game, and that isn't something I really thought about when I bought it. It's not like Binding of Isaac or FTL where it's a quick game and when you perma-death, eh, it was only a little bit of time. This is a long game. If I hit day 100 and then died, I can imagine that sucking hardcore.

I guess I shouldn't worry about that for now while I'm still so early in the game.

GasBandit

Staff member
Don't Starve: Got this today with the last of my spending money for now, played three runs across five hours. First one, starved from day to day, barely making it through on a rabbit or a handful of berries. Then my wife said "tentacle." "What?" "Tentacle." "Where? I don't see it." "A little to the right." I walk. "A little more. There, you're right next to it." Tentacle kills me. Thanks, dear.

Second time, ran into block monsters.

Third one, I'm on day 11 with Willow. Going okay so far, got some farm plots going, building a fence. It occurs to me now that it would really suck to die at this point, or if I got much further in the game, and that isn't something I really thought about when I bought it. It's not like Binding of Isaac or FTL where it's a quick game and when you perma-death, eh, it was only a little bit of time. This is a long game. If I hit day 100 and then died, I can imagine that sucking hardcore.

I guess I shouldn't worry about that for now while I'm still so early in the game.

Playing Portal Stories: Mel (which is a fan made Portal module), already feel about to break something and sure I'm overthinking the puzzle I'm on, so yep, feels like that happy Portal feeling.

Playing Portal Stories: Mel (which is a fan made Portal module), already feel about to break something and sure I'm overthinking the puzzle I'm on, so yep, feels like that happy Portal feeling.
And my son has had to point out my overthinking to me twice now, when I tried to do something ridiculously complicated when there was a much simpler answer. *headdesk*

Tropico 4

Hmm... as far as city-building and management games go, I think this is really quite good. It's an amazing time sink. I can sit down and play, and by the time I feel like my island is really gaining some traction, it'll be four hours later.

Still, though, for some reason I feel like I'm going to get burned out on Tropico quite soon. This is probably not due to any inherent flaws in the game, because I can't name any obvious ones. Probably because building and management games aren't my preferred genre.

Good game, though.

Majora's Mask 3D: ... bird mask for animal marching band? Bomb mask that gives me powers like Sparky Sparky Boom Man? Goron village?

I remember none of this. I conquered this game, did everything in it, got the fierce deity mask back when I was a teenager. Most of this stuff is a complete mystery. It feels bizarre, but strangely refreshing, like in some ways I'm not replaying an old game, but getting to play a new Zelda game.

TwinkleStar Heroes, Donkey Kong 3, Doug Default, AfterBurner, and a FUCK ton of other games at "Too Many Games!" My brain needs a rest from all the fun.

Final Fantasy Record Keeper. I know, what the hell?

I just got Sephiroth's new weapon off a random pull and now he's a wrecking ball. Stupid mobile game. I'm 800 kms from home and I have to play something.

That Don't Starve playthrough ended with me running circles around a campfire, chased by bats, and then I was killed when I had to refuel the fire.

Started another, got up to the day I was at in the last playthrough. I don't have any farms yet this time (need to track down the cow herd) but there's a touch stone, a science machine, and I made a wood fence that's already saved me from a hound attack.

This is somehow more stressful than Dark Souls.

So, I reached a point in Dragon Ball Xenoverse where I just couldn't continue. The difficulty spikes hard in the android saga, and since I had no idea how the combat system works while raising this character, I managed to make him in possibly the worst way possible. Of course, the game doesn't allow you to have more than one character slot until after you've beaten the main story.

I could reset my stats by tracking down the dragon balls, but in the amount of time that would take, I could just as easily delete my current character and just re-level a new one. So now I have a brand new Saiyan... Kail!

Focusing on Ki attacks this time around... they are MUCH stronger (at least in early game) than strike attacks.

Playing Rogue Legacy, really great game that captures the spirit of Rogue and add a whole extra leveling up mechanic that wasn't really there.

Also working on Pokemon Y but not having much luck as i know only one person who has a 3ds. I do have all of the different starters from all generations, just filling out my pokedex. Friend code is 1908-1442-4774 *nudge *nudge

FINALLY beat Shovel Knight, and can't wait for "Plague of Shadows" (though in all honesty, I would've preferred to play as Mole or Shield Knight).

So, I reached a point in Dragon Ball Xenoverse where I just couldn't continue. The difficulty spikes hard in the android saga, and since I had no idea how the combat system works while raising this character, I managed to make him in possibly the worst way possible. Of course, the game doesn't allow you to have more than one character slot until after you've beaten the main story.

I could reset my stats by tracking down the dragon balls, but in the amount of time that would take, I could just as easily delete my current character and just re-level a new one. So now I have a brand new Saiyan... Kail!

Focusing on Ki attacks this time around... they are MUCH stronger (at least in early game) than strike attacks.
Yeah, it's kind of annoying that they don't explicitly say, "If you don't focus on either Ki or Strike almost exclusively, you'll suck"

You can't in any way mix the two until you're way up in levels and have points to screw around with. Luckily I realized it early and only wasted about 5 points in my Ki before realizing that I needed to commit to one or the other.

And yes, the whole thing about having to beat the game to open up the other character slots is stupid.

I can give you some tricks on farming dragon balls if you want. There are some pretty quick ways to do it so you can get a set in about an hour or two. It's grindy as hell, though.

Yeah, it's kind of annoying that they don't explicitly say, "If you don't focus on either Ki or Strike almost exclusively, you'll suck"

You can't in any way mix the two until you're way up in levels and have points to screw around with. Luckily I realized it early and only wasted about 5 points in my Ki before realizing that I needed to commit to one or the other.

And yes, the whole thing about having to beat the game to open up the other character slots is stupid.

I can give you some tricks on farming dragon balls if you want. There are some pretty quick ways to do it so you can get a set in about an hour or two. It's grindy as hell, though.
Yeah, I know those tricks. But I was only level 30, so I can just grind back up to that level instead of having to hunt down dragon balls in that time.

FINALLY beat Shovel Knight, and can't wait for "Plague of Shadows" (though in all honesty, I would've preferred to play as Mole or Shield Knight).
According to today's news, it has a release date of "soon" and will come out at the same time as the Shovel Knight physical copy, which will have the DLC on it already.