What are you playing?

David said:
Shegokigo said:
David said:
I had an urge for old games the other day.

Castle of the Winds, Uncharted Waters II, also took a shot at elder scrolls II, but couldn't get into it. The controls were a major pain; I got killed by one of the very first rats it has you face because when it was right up to me to attack me my sword wouldn't touch it; it just kept swinging right over it's head. It would seem the only Elder Scrolls game I can stand is Oblivion.
WOOO for Uncharted Waters 2!!!
I played as the pirate lady :D
Catalina? But of course! It's the only way!

O

Oddbot

Shegokigo said:
Oddbot said:
Haven't been playing much but LOTRO lately. About two months ago I made the switch from a casual guild to a endgame raiding guild, and I'm having a lot of fun actually diving into more of the endgame (and PvPing if I have extra time), especially with the new raid content that just came out.
Wow, they added End-Game raiding to LOTRO? What's the raid size and how many zones is there? How many days does it take to take down a zone?

I'm actually really curious about this, lack of end-game was one of the things that drove me off from LOTRO.
If you haven't played since before the Mines of Moria expansion there's ALOT more to do at endgame, this time around.

Instance-wise at endgame there's currently:
7 six man instances
2 three man instances
2 12-man "lair" one boss raids (3 day reset)
1 12-man 6-boss Raid dungeon (7 day reset)

Add in daily solo instances (6) and Lothlorean which is basically an entire zone dedicated to endgame solo questing (for rep/loot/etc).

Gear is set up more logically too, using hope as a way of gating raids. So you'll have to run the 6mans (or some 3mans) to get your gear to have enough hope to be able to start on most of the raids.

It's not as much as WoW but not too shabby either. It's plenty to keep our guild schedule full each week.

Interesting, WoW is at a stand-still for me at the moment. We've already done all there is to do in WoW at the moment as a guild (minus a couple of hard-modes), my characters (3 of them) are as "finished" as they can be. So I'm pretty much grinding factions, rare mounts, and money till the next content patch. So I've been looking for another game to tide me over the inbetweens till Aion.

10 day free trial I see too for LOTRO.

R

rvdleun

I suffer from a bad case of game ADD, but recently been semi-forcing myself to ignore most games and focus on Vampire: Bloodlines. And I'm glad I did, because it's a friggin' wonderful game. Currently playing as a Gangrel, recently unlocked the warform, and it's seriously one of my favorite RPGs so far. Unfortunately, I think I've reached the part where things will go to hell, but the dialogue, the storyline, the quests, the enviroment... well, it's a pity that Troika isn't around anymore.

After this, I seriously want to play and finish Might and Magic: Dark Messiah. I got the NVidia 3D Goggles awhile back, and frankly, it's an amazing experience. The first level(After the tutorial) basically seems to be one big demonstration to showcase what the goggles can do, and I really want to go through the whole game with the goggles. I'll likely try to replay some other games with them as well.

Other than that, recently bought Guitar Hero: World Tour around the time of my girlfriend's birthday, and been having a blast. The drums are cool, and there are some fun songs to play on the guitar. Played the first episode of Tales of Monkey Island, and can't wait to see the next one. Been playing the remake of Secret of Monkey Island as well, partially for myself, and my GF somewhat likes watching the game, but wouldn't want to do play it herself.

WoW, of course -_-.

Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is just heaps of fun. I think I'm about a third of the way through, and I've managed to only lose 3 characters, none of whom I was actually using.
Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass: I'm still early in it, but I'm sooo glad I got this. I was worried about the stylus controls, but I honestly haven't noticed them after I started. It's kind of like playing Zelda with a mouse. I love using the boomerang this way, and sword-fighting is easy too. I got all stupid-proud of myself earlier today when I gave up on a puzzle, saying I'd check it when I got home, and then decided I wasn't going to give up that easy and ended up solving it.
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions: This is a game that needed a new translation, but I really, REALLY hate the new one. Everyone's waxing poetic for all of their dialogue now like they're out of Shakespeare. It's overly wordy and feels false. Also, the slowdown during abilities is much worse than on the PS1, regardless of what the developers say. That all said, I adore the gameplay as always. I'm using a rotating party of 9 guys at the moment, all to have different specialties.

Final Fantasy 7. Reached the second for the first time two weeks ago. Reached the third disc this weekend. Trained a gold chocobo for the first time ever on Sunday.

Playing time: 63 hours. :(

I just got Lego Starwars Complete Saga and Professor Layton and the Curious Village... but my DS is out of juice and I think I lent the power cord to my wife :(

O

Olorin

escushion said:
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon is just heaps of fun. I think I'm about a third of the way through, and I've managed to only lose 3 characters, none of whom I was actually using.
I'm playing Shadow Dragon whenever I'm at my girlfriend's place (on her DS) This is the first Fire Emblem where I've lost a character and didn't reset the level. I hate that there's no background story or dialoge at all for most of the characters, so it doesn't really matter if they die because they're so soulless. The gameplay is still mostly good (though the lack of 'rescue' is frustrating at times), but it's definately the worst Fire Emblem I've played.
I do like the large amount of difficult levels though. (I'm playing at 2 star hard)

Just finished Hero's Quest: King's Bounty. Pretty awesome game if you like the genre.
Still playing a bit of Sims 3.

Now doubting between Empire Total War or Anno 1404 as my next buy, or the Monkey Islands...Or just replaying some old favourites (KotOR and Titan Quest are both on that list, definitely.)

Cajungal

Staff member
Completely uninterested in games right now, but I feel like I'll want to play Oblivion once I get my new PC. :D

Olorin said:
escushion said:
I'm playing Shadow Dragon whenever I'm at my girlfriend's place (on her DS) This is the first Fire Emblem where I've lost a character and didn't reset the level. I hate that there's no background story or dialoge at all for most of the characters, so it doesn't really matter if they die because they're so soulless. The gameplay is still mostly good (though the lack of 'rescue' is frustrating at times), but it's definately the worst Fire Emblem I've played.
I do like the large amount of difficult levels though. (I'm playing at 2 star hard)
I've kind of assigned and grown attached to some. Any I put levels and work into I make sure don't die, and if they do, I reset. At some point I will get Radiant Dawn for the Wii, but since this is my first Fire Emblem game, I'm having a hard time putting a fault to it for plot and character when the gameplay is so much fun.

Adammon said:
Final Fantasy 7. Reached the second for the first time two weeks ago. Reached the third disc this weekend. Trained a gold chocobo for the first time ever on Sunday.

Playing time: 63 hours. :(
heh... I've had playing time on that game reach 99.99 so it would just freeze and not go any higher.

Last night I started checking out this browser game that has ads for it all over the place
http://evony.com/

When you first log on the chat room is shit (it's full of teenagers who signed up solely because of the large-breasted lady in the ad) but if you turn off the chat channel the game itself is at least as fun as a decent-quality newgrounds flash game. Usually with browser MMO's I play it for maybe half an hour and never go back, but this one has me hooked for now. Let's see if it can beat Runescape's record on me.

L

lafftaff

I've been replaying Donkey Kong II and III on my SNES

And RollerCoaster Tycoon on my PC. I forgot how much I enjoy this game.

I'm playing with myself, does that count? It's just a short single-player game. With an expansion it can be made into co-op though

Playing Resident Evil 5, in co-op mode with my wife right now. Been on a binge of Nine Men Morris recently, I some how managed to defeat myself at a game and just can't figure out why.

O

Oddbot

Shegokigo said:
Interesting, WoW is at a stand-still for me at the moment. We've already done all there is to do in WoW at the moment as a guild (minus a couple of hard-modes), my characters (3 of them) are as "finished" as they can be. So I'm pretty much grinding factions, rare mounts, and money till the next content patch. So I've been looking for another game to tide me over the inbetweens till Aion.

10 day free trial I see too for LOTRO.
Yeah I'd suggest giving it a go. It's a lot of fun. With a free trial you'll at least be able to try out the 2 new classes that they added with the expansion.

David said:
(it's full of teenagers who signed up solely because of the large-breasted lady in the ad)
That really is a very attractive lady though. The very idea of her calling me "my lord".... *drool*

Day two, and I'm still having fun with Evony. I joined a random guild and they seem pretty awesome so far. The beginners chat channel works pretty great as a fly trap for the retards, so they don't flood into the guild channels.

L

LordRavage

Playing Homeworld.

It reminds me a bit of Battlestar. Having a good time building my fleets and unleashing them.

:pirate:

A

Aisaku

Philosopher B. said:
Time Splitters 2. 'S cool.
Once you're done with it, Second Sight was done by the same team before they went the way of the Dodo. It's reallly good.

fade

Staff member
Not much. I got bored with WoW after the free month. I reupped for one, but I played so little after that that I dropped the subscription. I made it to lvl 50. Too easy. And for 11 million people, it sure is lonely. I think I grouped like twice, which coming from the far less populated CoH was really weird. I got bored with that, too. I play sporadically. A month here, a month there (for a total of 3) because it gets boring too. Both are just chock full of the same "missions" or "quests" over and over and over...

The only game I'm playing right now is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. And by playing, I mean I pick it up for 20 minutes every other day. It starts to get really repetitive after that, too. I'd really love to see something less repetitive. And less lifebar-based.

fade said:
Not much. I got bored with WoW after the free month. I reupped for one, but I played so little after that that I dropped the subscription. I made it to lvl 50. Too easy. And for 11 million people, it sure is lonely. I think I grouped like twice, which coming from the far less populated CoH was really weird. I got bored with that, too. I play sporadically. A month here, a month there (for a total of 3) because it gets boring too. Both are just chock full of the same "missions" or "quests" over and over and over...
That's easy to explain. CoH is great for leveling up, but "dead" in the end-game. WoW is "dead" for leveling up, and "begins" when you hit max level.

fade

Staff member
Well, either way, they both get boring fast.

Reading the LOTRO manual. Seems like they mushed together CoH and WoW. The classes seem like the CoH archetypes--even some of the descriptive text is the same. The UI and gameplay seems more WoW-like. What, you can't play an Istari? Lame :) . (Maybe it's "Loremaster"?)

Shegokigo said:
That's easy to explain. CoH is great for leveling up, but "dead" in the end-game. WoW is "dead" for leveling up, and "begins" when you hit max level.
I actually enjoyed leveling up my characters when I was a little newb in WoW. The issue now is that everyone is 80, so walking about the Barrens leveling up has become one of the most lonely experiences ever. You just want to get past it into populated regions. Outland is also starting to feel like that now, with the only sign of life being the random death knight ganking you. :eek:rly:

ScytheRexx said:
Shegokigo said:
I actually enjoyed leveling up my characters when I was a little newb in WoW. The issue now is that everyone is 80, so walking about the Barrens leveling up has become one of the most lonely experiences ever. You just want to get past it into populated regions. Outland is also starting to feel like that now, with the only sign of life being the random death knight ganking you. :eek:rly:
Or 4 DKs looking for a healer to run Ramps. :rofl:

ScytheRexx said:
Shegokigo said:
I've yet to get to max level at any given time. I stopped playing when my main hit 69 until Lich King came out. I have a 76 now, so maybe I'll get there, but I like leveling too. I wish they hadn't cut the experience for Outland though--you spend so much time in fucking Azeroth, Outland feels like a reward. Now it zips by in a flash. If they'd left experience as it was, people would still jump to Northrend at 68, so Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley would still be empty, but at least people would have to stick around for Nagrand and Blade's Edge if the experience was the same. Nowadays, 58-61 Hellfire, 61-64 Zangarmarsh, 64-68 Terokar. My old hunter spent 62-64 in nothing but Hellfire Citadel, and still had to do almost everything in Nagrand, and half of Blade's Edge, and some of Shadowmoon Valley.

Not saying I want people to have to do more work than now, but for when I play through, I like spending time in Outland.

C

Chibibar

playing CoH now (reactivated recently) Evil Genius (STILL love that game. I hope I find dungeon keeper disc I did bought 2 copies so far and can't find them) and L4D custom campaign and bunch o facebook games.

T

TwoBit

Mario Sunshine. Got it cheap on eBay. Never played it back when it came out.

It's OK so far. But I think I prefer 64 and Galaxy.

I WAS playing a WoW Trial account, until I hit 20 and realized it wouldn't let me get XP anymore. This was fucking frustrating as hell, as my friends (around 22-25) had waited for me to catch up before they started tackling Hillsbrad so I could go with them. They aren't mad at me, but I want to strangle somebody at Blizzard now.

So it's back to CoH for now.

C

Chibibar

AshburnerX said:
I WAS playing a WoW Trial account, until I hit 20 and realized it wouldn't let me get XP anymore. This was fucking frustrating as hell, as my friends (around 22-25) had waited for me to catch up before they started tackling Hillsbrad so I could go with them. They aren't mad at me, but I want to strangle somebody at Blizzard now.

So it's back to CoH for now.
Well.... it is a Trial account :) they don't want people to get "all" the content for free ;) you gotta pay baby!