What are you listening to II: Electric Bogaloo

All- Skanadian Club Vol 5 has been getting a lot of play on my iPod lately.

Listened to this one probably half a dozen times before I actually listened to the lyrics and realized I was dancing to a song about a guy getting killed as he tried to break into a girls house to steal things for drug money.

The more I listen to the latest Dropkick Murphys CD, the more I am starting to think it their best yet. Or at least best of the ones I have. Sing Loud, Sing Proud, Do or Die, and Blackout all have at least one song I usually skip over on repeated listens, but Going out in Style is solid from start to finish, I don't skip any songs anymore. I've listened to the full CD each morning this week.

I just bought an ELO greatest hits album and a Queen greatest hits album.

Between "Don't Stop Me Now" and "Mr. Blue Sky" I'm dancing in my seat here.

GasBandit

Staff member
Dear god help me this song has been stuck in my head all day. All day.

They call me crazy, loo-OO-oo-OOoop
Gotta, gotta be crazy, loo-OO-oo-OOoop

Heh, yup. So again, I knew all of these songs, but I couldn't tell ya for the life of me who sang them.
They were a good band, just nothing spectacular. Some of their tunes are known, but they did not shake things up enough to be remembered.

I worry about the kids that have never heard The Beatles, Stones, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix... etc.

Heh, it reminds me of a story someone told me some years ago. Their son came home with a new CD they bought (this was obviously back when CDs were still a major thing). They were so excited because this awesome band some friends were talking about. They must've been new because he'd never heard of them before. So he pulls the CD out of his backpack...and it's the White Album.