Weird Problem with Google Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm stumped with this one.

Chrome has recently refused to load pages. And I'm talking ALL pages, even ones that require no loading at all like about:blank or local pages that require no internet connection. It won't even open the extensions page, it just keeps shows the "loading" icon and stays there forever.

Now, here's the weird part: I've UNINSTALLED it, downloaded a fresh new copy, reinstalled it... AND IT'S DOING THE EXACT SAME THING! I've done this three times now, the third one I even stopped it from importing stuff from Firefox cause I thought maybe the problem was there.... but nothing!!

WTF!? I use Firefox as my main, but I like Chrome as a quick-loading less resource using alternative for quick searches or info while running a game or something.

This is annoying me to no end... any suggestions?

Necronic

Staff member
Are you running windows 7 or vista? If so make sure you aren't running in compatability mode.

If that doesn't work, then turn off sandboxing. Kind of invalidates one of the most important features, but supposedly it fixes that problem.

But first thing to do would definitely be an intensive malware scan.

I'm using Windows 7 and I *just* ran a malware/virus intensive scan... Avast with a boot scan and malwarebytes and everything, so it shouldn't be that. also, @figmentPez: , I use Revo uninstaller to uninstall things, which not only runs the built-in uninstaller... it also scans for leftover files AND registry items. Nothing. This is stumping me.

How do you turn off sandboxing, Necro? I can't seem to find that option.....

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Alright... new symptom: while looking for the sandboxing option thingie I tried to open the "Gears" setting.... and it refused to load that. So I'm thinking the issue is with Gears... ideas?

At least it isn't taking you to a random myspace page when you try and go to google. Or randomly skipping over words to render.

I can't believe this problem continues even after installing and uninstalling. That worries me, because it must mean there's something wrong with my Windows.... I use Revo uninstaller to uninstall, chrome should not be leaving anything behind when I remove it from my system... it's a completely fresh copy that I install. WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.