[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

GasBandit

Staff member
Coelasquid says the current arc is close to wrapping up in Manly Guys Doing Manly Things, and I have to say I'm glad to hear it. This latest plot arc lost me entirely, and I'm hoping it goes back to one shot jokes about overmasculinized video game characters trying to find employment in the real world again.

I think I stopped reading even longer ago than that. I like the comic, but it just fell off my rotation during one of my computer swaps (or one of their host swaps), and I've just never caught back up again.

--Patrick

Sinfest (yeah... I can't give it up)

The usual year-end Death vs Father Time arc. Considering what 2015 has done to us, a quick death won't do. Make him suffer.

fade

Staff member
I mean really that word has more definitions than "run", so technically they're both right. Or both wrong depending on how you look at it.

GasBandit

Staff member
So Sinfest still has a raging case of the tumblrinas. Even Grandma thinks it's gotten old.
And still making thinly veiled self-referential "go fuck yourself if you don't like it you're a sexist misogynist manchildpig" comics about it to boot, so he knows. He's aware.

GasBandit

Staff member
He's... Charlie. :trolol:
For our friends at home:

Above: the most literal illustrative example of a straw-man fallacy in action.

It's astonishingly ironic. This particular character, before the tone shift, was a lampoon of an annoying, blinded-by-adoration fangirl. Now we're supposed to take her seriously as a straight-played protagonist. Despite the fact that her blinkered, unreasoning zealotry hasn't actually changed - we're supposed to sympathize with her now as she's so put upon by those evil penis-carriers who dare express that they liked It-girl (read: Sinfest) better before it became the dreck it is.

But what do I know, I'm the patriarchy, right?

Wow...he's making one of those awful people who ban people for their opinions...the good guy? WOW not a day goes buy that I'm glad my obsessive mind allowed me to break free. Seriously Kisshin Asura-RELEASE YOUR MADNESS HOLD OVER HIM!

Yeah I also feel if Ryan and Mrs. Lord should just nut up, realize being liked isn't the most important thing in the world, and do some proper ass discipline! But on the other hand I also DON'T want that to be the lesson of this arc, it feels too obvious. Also, how does this story count as a case? And when the fuck are they going to do actual mystery stuff again? I miss the mystery stuff!

Today/yesterday on Dumbing of Ages, we re-learn that Mary is still the worst person EVER!
It's not like Mary can prove anything and Becky has options for where to live (I wouldn't be surprised if Dina's parents got her an apartment just because she asked). If push comes to shove, they can just deny everything and toss Mary out on her ass for damaging student property (which she did).