[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

GasBandit

Staff member
I will be very surprised if the next couple strips don't involve Hazel adamantly refusing mature.
Well, it wasn't exactly how I envisioned it, but Hazel sure knows how to get acerbic about a grammatical technicality on a well-known turn of phrase when everybody (including her) already knows good and well what it means and is happy for their friend... which is pretty immature and assholish.

I'm still waiting for more backstory. He's a little polite to be a stereotypical arch-villain.

--Patrick
Agreed, I'm betting he's pretty old too considering he has clear knowledge of magic and what-not. Of course I'm not sure if the comic stated exactly when supers started showing up, so its anyone's guess.

Well, it wasn't exactly how I envisioned it, but Hazel sure knows how to get acerbic about a grammatical technicality on a well-known turn of phrase when everybody (including her) already knows good and well what it means and is happy for their friend... which is pretty immature and assholish.
It's Hazel. She's a term that our forum censors.

Not disagreeting with your assessment, but considering how long she had a thing for Jameson and never liked the Maureen/Jameson pairing, their having a kid moves him one step closer to never being available again. It's completely selfish but not out of character.

GasBandit

Staff member
Not disagreeting with your assessment, but considering how long she had a thing for Jameson and never liked the Maureen/Jameson pairing, their having a kid moves him one step closer to never being available again. It's completely selfish but not out of character.
Seems like a petty way to express that, but as you said, not particularly out of character.

It's a good comic. I especially liked the Nomura Virus arc, in which all the manly guys got turned into FF style androgynes.

GasBandit

Staff member
So. Huh. Sandra and Woo. The comic's gotten a little edgy from time to time (a comic whose principal characters are all roughly 12 years old, but still makes the occasional sex/boner joke)... but I think their latest one trumps all the previous ones. Nothing like drawing a barely censored pair of screwing raccoons (complete with ahe gao facial expression) on the thanksgiving table spread while horrified humans look on.

So. Huh. Sandra and Woo. The comic's gotten a little edgy from time to time (a comic whose principal characters are all roughly 12 years old, but still makes the occasional sex/boner joke)... but I think their latest one trumps all the previous ones. Nothing like drawing a barely censored pair of screwing raccoons (complete with ahe gao facial expression) on the thanksgiving table spread while horrified humans look on.
It's still no K&K.

--Patrick

Necronic

Staff member
Also, the current thing in Broodhollow is a dream right? It has to be a dream.

I doubt it. It seems to go along with the running "no one in town realizes/remembers that something is really weird" theme.

No! He demands to be scared (His last words in the dream are "scare me"). I think it is unlikely that this is a dream.

Just gonna leave this right here. Mmmmhmmm.

I'ma just gonna say it, Blaster Nation is pretty boring to me. I find none of the characters interesting, its hardly funny , and the plot leaves a good chunk to be disired. If the next story arc doesn't wow me I'm nixing it from my routine.

GasBandit

Staff member
People give Buckley grief, but when he's not trying to take himself so seriously/write a huge story, he does make with the jokes that get chuckles.

Not that I think he's unskilled, but there's something about Buckley's comic art style that's always rubbed me the wrong way. I just can't quite put my finger on it.