[Webcomic] Webcomic Appreciation Jamboree

I love the fact that work is blocking around half of these images, so from my point of view, about half of you just post "Click here to enlarge".

Worst come-on ever.

I don't know if anyone here reads Instant Classic. its a fun movie-themed comic, and the guy who draws it, Brian Carroll has been doing it on and off for years now.

I thought it was worth posting this because well... i think he just killed off the Halforums avatar of death.

S

Soliloquy

I don't know if anyone here reads Instant Classic. its a fun movie-themed comic, and the guy who draws it, Brian Carroll has been doing it on and off for years now.
*snip*
I thought it was worth posting this because well... i think he just killed off the Halforums avatar of death.
Is that... Tom Brazelton?

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Oh, and for those of you who like XKCD, he just did a fairly funny subversion of the now-cliched science valentine joke.

Alt text: You don't use science to show you're right. You use science to become right.

I thought it was a pretty welcome pick-me-up after that story about the Shaggs. Sure, it wasn't advancing my understanding of the characters or the over-arching plot as much as I would have liked, but it made me smile enough that I didn't particularly mind that much.

It was a nice story but the pacing bothered me. I think this might be an example of a time when releasing individual strips at the normal pace of a webcomic might have done the conclusion of the story better justice. The whole arc is built almost like a mystery but because we can read it all in one shot it kind of loses its tension.

Or maybe I'm just really pining for more than one OP update every month and a half. :(

But it isn't really made to be a traditional one update at a time webcomic. Its updates are the way Gunnerkrigg's are, where each page isn't self-contained.

I don't think it really needs more tension. As long as you're compelled to click that "Next Comic" button, there's enough. I want to know more about Victor and what people want to tell him. I don't need to be on the edge of my seat, especially for a low-key, slice of life comic.

Dave

Staff member
Ah Willie Nelson!

Singing a Christmas tune with Stephen Colbert (ignore the messed up picture they have on the video instead of the actual video...)

Dave

Staff member
CTRL-ALT_DEL has been absolutely GREAT for the past year or so. I swear to God I'm not making this up. I've readded it to my bookmarks.