Video Game News and Miscellany

I know we live in a world now where this is common place but holy shit at the notion of making trailers for early access beta patches.

That said, can't fucking wait. Day one when it's done.

The ears are a really nice touch:
Agreed.
The class looks like it straddles D3's Monk and Demon Hunter, almost like the D2 Assassin but with added bows. I am intrigued.
This boring ass shit is what they decide to show?
The D3 DH trailer is still their zenith, as far as I'm concerned. It's the one with the most coherent narrative while dropping hints of so much more as backstory/epilogue.
The D2 remaster trailer looks way more exciting.
Yes but that's mainly because of Nostalgia™.

--Patrick

Don't get TOO excited, it's just a PS5 upscale with some new content. It's Miles Morales Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Also, Yuffie somehow.

LOL, next Dragon Age was almost an Anthem fuck up and it's not just an EA vs Bioware decision, there was internal strife at Bioware about it.

Don't get TOO excited, it's just a PS5 upscale with some new content. It's Miles Morales Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Also, Yuffie somehow.

LOL, next Dragon Age was almost an Anthem fuck up and it's not just an EA vs Bioware decision, there was internal strife at Bioware about it.
Oh for fuck's sake. This episode better come to the PS4 too or I'm going to get pissed.

Big update for Subnautica: Below Zero, and an announced release date for the final product: May 14.

Have you (or anyone else) been playing Below Zero in early access? I got early access for Subnautica but not Below Zero, and I'm wondering how it compares to Subnautica, and whether it should be a day one purchase or a Steam sale purchase later on.

Have you (or anyone else) been playing Below Zero in early access? I got early access for Subnautica but not Below Zero, and I'm wondering how it compares to Subnautica, and whether it should be a day one purchase or a Steam sale purchase later on.
I've played quite a bit of it, though not to the end. I quite like it. I wasn't sure if I'd like the Seatruck, but I got to liking having a little mobile base.

Getting around on the ice is a pain the ass, though, especially in the areas with the ice worm things.

There will be two more Final Fantasy VII games.

One will be a Battle Royale.

And the other one...

Looks like another remake of Final Fantasy VII with every game in the franchise included, plus Advent Children.

But both will be mobile only.

And now they've made it very clear that the Yuffie DLC will be PS5 only. Considering the general unavailability of the system, I suspect they back track on that... especially when they can't even justify putting Episode 2 on the PS5.

This is exactly what I feared would happen when they announced FF VII remake: the monetization. My spider sense was already tingling when they were splitting it up into episodes. And of course, no actual indication of such anywhere in the title; just "Final Fantasy VII Remake" as if that's the whole title, when it's barely even the first disc of the original.

Now there's DLC and you can only get it with the PS5 version. And now the mobile games.

I guarantee, this is going to get much worse before the whole remake finishes.

I’m confused. Is the next chapter of the FFVII remake coming out only on PS5?
They haven't said. I suspect they are being pressured to do such, but I also feel like they would sell more copies by doing a PS4 version.

Regardless, they haven't shown anything for FF7Remake Episode 2 yet.

They haven't said. I suspect they are being pressured to do such, but I also feel like they would sell more copies by doing a PS4 version.

Regardless, they haven't shown anything for FF7Remake Episode 2 yet.
Yeah, but being pressured to release something on a platform that isn't quite up to running it also comes with some risks. Just ask Cyberpunk 2077 what a good idea it was to release on multiple generations

Or Path of Exile on console. That sucked in so many ways.
Post automatically merged:

I guess at some point, PS5s will be more available?

I don't really mind paying for each episode. I got 40-50 hours of playtime out of part 1, and I could spend more trying to 100% it, and to me that's worth my money. If each part was something like 5 hours of content for the price of a full game then I would hate it. But it was an enjoyable experience that left me wanting more.

Yeah, but being pressured to release something on a platform that isn't quite up to running it also comes with some risks. Just ask Cyberpunk 2077 what a good idea it was to release on multiple generations
Yes, but that's the thing: we already KNOW the PS4 could run this. We have a PS4 version. It looks and runs great. If the next title is using the same engine (and it fucking should, because Square Enix has already said it's going to start using Unreal for stuff) then the -only- reason to make it PS5 only is because Sony paid them money.

Also, Square Enix isn't CDProjekt Red. It has more than enough manpower and technical expertise to port.

figmentPez

Staff member
Given the history of the Aliens franchise in video games, this could be amazing or horrible or anything in-between.

Aliens: Fireteam

I'm a little puzzled as to why it's only 3 player, though.