Video Game News and Miscellany

What a shock that another idiot faced fucking streamer has bad gamer opinions.

TRANSMOG IS BAAAD.

Has literally 20 monetized videos with transmog competitions.

figmentPez

Staff member
Since when did high end gear look cool?
All depends on your definition of "cool". Some gamers just want to show off how many hours they've spent grinding, and they think that's cool. So they attack anyone or anything that would threaten their ability to show off that they're "the best".

Speaking as someone who did high end, server first raiding for years... Almost everyone in my guild thought transmogg was a god send for when you upgraded one piece of gear and you could still look like you matched. :p

Speaking as someone who did high end, server first raiding for years... Almost everyone in my guild thought transmogg was a god send for when you upgraded one piece of gear and you could still look like you matched. :p
Sounds like your guild were playing for fun. As opposed to this numpty who plays to show how he's "better" than other people who have jobs / kids / other interests so deserve to be mocked because they don't have as much time to play as this real gamer utter bawbag.

I've been to dozens of places where drinks are handled like that. No good trying to date rape someone when you don't know who's getting what drink - and no point wasting expensive rugs on spiking a dozen drinks, after all.
That said, I've also never known a place with drinks out like that to object to getting you a new one if you insist (I often do because, eww, stale old beer).
Now I hope there's camera footage of the guy spiking the drink. I always do - would-be rapists or "pranksters" (AFAIK benzo's aren't really a date rape drug?) deserve to be taken out and shot.

Apparently Steam is down super hard. Can't even log in in offline mode. Tenuous digital future just reared it's ugly head.

GasBandit

Staff member
Apparently Steam is down super hard. Can't even log in in offline mode. Tenuous digital future just reared it's ugly head.
This is why you never shut down, never log out, never restart, never update. I saw steam go down, but thankfully could still play all my games because my client was still "logged in."

The NBA just did basically the same thing when one of their GMs tweeted supporting Hong Kong. Lots of shitty companies going to show where their priorities are as this goes on, I'd guess.

Lots of shitty companies going to show where their priorities are as this goes on, I'd guess.
Most of them. Welcome to late stage capitalism, where all that matters is the almighty dollar. The only time they will consider doing the right thing is if they think it will make them more money than doing the wrong.

Look, Diablo: Immortal's will be really, really big. Huge. Astounding. Well worth the cruel oppression of a few million people in a formerly democratic area where the opposition is being silenced by the government. What else could a company possibly do?

...This is modern day American capitalism's problem at its finest. I know this isn't a political thread, but really. Stakeholders instead of shareholders, folks. It's not "capitalism" to think profits are worth deaths, that's just today's flavor of capitalism, which will be looked back on in 100 years as an abberation as bad as fascism.

Most of the US is so dependent on China at this point that they have no choice but to cowtow to them instead of growing a pair. (I mean, yes, they do actually have a choice, but it would probably mean imminent bankruptcy)

Yeah, well, if Chinese censors are going to determine what they do, then they don't need my money. Already completely refuse to spend a dime on the Epic Game Store.

Sony has revealed details on the PS5.

Some things of note:

-There is ray-tracing acceleration in the GPU hardware.
-It's capable of playing 4K BluRays.
-Solid-state drive
-Physical games for the PS5 will use 100GB optical disks
-"However, game installation (which is mandatory, given the speed difference between the SSD and the optical drive) will be a bit different than in the PS4. This time around, aided in part by the simplified game data possible with the SSD, Sony is changing its approach to storage, making for a more configurable installation—and removal—process. "Rather than treating games like a big block of data," Cerny says, "we're allowing finer-grained access to the data." That could mean the ability to install just a game's multiplayer campaign, leaving the single-player campaign for another time, or just installing the whole thing and then deleting the single-player campaign once you've finished it. "
-Controller may have a microphone for a voice-controlled assistant ala Alexa (but nothing official)
-Haptics feedback (that could be interesting, as it's an interesting feature on the Steam controller)

figmentPez

Staff member
-Haptics feedback (that could be interesting, as it's an interesting feature on the Steam controller)
I really hope this works out. I've been waiting for better haptics in games since 2002-ish, when I had a Logitech iFeel Mouseman.

So many factors holding back getting better haptics. Gamers who complain it's not as "strong" as rumble. Gamers who hate any sort of vibration. Nintendo Switch being the only console to ever support it (and, even then, no third-party controllers have it). Also, I suspect that no development software has made it really easy to create custom haptic stuff.

I really wonder if Sony has something up it's sleeve to make games actually put that haptic feedback to good use.