Video Game News and Miscellany

the SUPER worrisome thing is that Steam is apparently refusing to address this issue? And the researcher who found it is starting to think they want it there. That Valve wants the ability to have a backdoor into your system that will basically give it free reign to do anything and run anything and control everything.
To be fair to Steam, this sort of access is required for any sort of DRM to function effectively. However, their implementation is sort of like leaving the boss’ keys where any employee can get to them, so to speak. And that’s a different issue.

—Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
“Uncooperative” multiplayer.
Isn’t that just another way of saying “Battle Royale?”
Sort of, if you include aspects of Battle Royale fiction that haven't been included in the most popular video game versions of the concept. My understanding of competitive-cooperative board games leads me to believe that this type of gameplay revolves around having objectives that need multiple players to cooperate in order for anyone to win, but there can still only be one winner at the end.

figmentPez

Staff member
The Borderlands YouTuber being investigated by 2K no longer has a channel

"SupMatto's channel was hit with seven copyright strikes after his last video on leaked Borderlands 3 details, but most of them were overturned and his videos continued to be available. Visiting his channel today, however, you won't find anything. After SupMatto recorded the video regarding the investigation, more copyright claims were made by 2K, allegedly ending up at more than 100 before his channel disappeared. "

When companies don't like YouTube channels, they can just carpet bomb them with bogus copyright claims, until the channel doesn't exist anymore.

A new Build Engine game from 3D Realms. The first in a decade or more.
The devs of this game are transphobic shitheels. Laughing at transfolk on their official Discord calling them mentally ill depressives who mutilate their perfectly healthy bodies.

Their official twitter likes shit like Lauren Southern making one of the literal only two jokes these people know (Attack helicopter or did you just assume).

Last edited:
The devs of this game are transphobic shitheels. Laughing at transfolk on their official Discord calling them mentally ill depressives who mutilate their perfectly healthy bodies.

Their official twitter likes shit like Lauren Southern making one of the literal only two jokes these people know (Attack helicopter or did you just assume).
The devs are shits but at least the game is good. And my money didn't go to them

You really didn't know about Nature Trail to Hell in 3D? I'm flabbergasted.
I know a lot of things. A lot of things. But I learned them all in no particular order, so there is a frustratingly large amount of stuff where I know what goes on either end, but not what goes in the middle, so to speak.

--Patrick

figmentPez

Staff member
Marvels Avengers 2019.jpg

Marvel's Avengers (2020)

Okay, that's hyperbole, but here, watch The Hulk beat some dude to death with his bare hands. Also featuring Thor's stunt-double, Captain America's stand-in, discount Black Widow, and some random dude using Iron Man's armor.

This game seems all over the map when it comes to impact. Like, it's painful to watch The Hulk slamming a human around the way he did Loki. And smashing two dudes into one another just seems gruesome. But way on the other end of the spectrum is Black Widow fighting Taskmaster, and she might as well just be firing nerf guns. Like, I get that he's a boss, but it just felt frustrating how long that fight went on, and how it was BW doing the same things over and over with no apparent effect.

View attachment 32111
Marvel's Avengers (2020)

Okay, that's hyperbole, but here, watch The Hulk beat some dude to death with his bare hands. Also featuring Thor's stunt-double, Captain America's stand-in, discount Black Widow, and some random dude using Iron Man's armor.

This game seems all over the map when it comes to impact. Like, it's painful to watch The Hulk slamming a human around the way he did Loki. And smashing two dudes into one another just seems gruesome. But way on the other end of the spectrum is Black Widow fighting Taskmaster, and she might as well just be firing nerf guns. Like, I get that he's a boss, but it just felt frustrating how long that fight went on, and how it was BW doing the same things over and over with no apparent effect.

figmentPez

Staff member

Wow, they are unrepentant assholes about this.

Ion Fury Developer Backtracks, Says It Won't Remove Gay Joke Because Of 'Censorship'

Ahh, the good old freeze peach and censorship nonsense. TOTALLY not the same bullshit those transphobic assholes tweets they were liking aren't always spouting.