Video Game News and Miscellany

Fuck, I'm glad they demired out of whatever legal quagmire they ended up in for a while with the first one. They did a decent job on the first remake, will pick up the second.[DOUBLEPOST=1377996609,1377996530][/DOUBLEPOST]
I want to fistfight whoever programmed how the computer shuffles your deck in Magic 2014. All mana or none, there is no middle ground.
This wish for a fistfight has been upgraded to a gunfight.

I probably won't for that 25$ price. Maybe in a few months when I'll be home on parental when its on a spring special on steam.

So, Dragon Age: Inquisition has been sounding like it will be a much better game than DA2 and that Bioware has learned lessons from that mess. They showed some gameplay footage at PAX and I know it's really, really early, but it's looking really janky so far. I hope it doesn't play like a shitty Dark Souls. Hopefully it's just early game jitters (it doesn't come out for over a year).

Well... at least the two handed sword seemed to have actual mass and momentum (unlike DA2 where it struck so rapidly it was like a machine gun sword). That's about all I can say at this point.

In a move that should surprise absolutely no one, ANOTHER Warhammer 40K game was announced today, or whenever.

It's a new FPS Space Hulk game (hopefully kind of like the rad older games).

This makes Space Hulk: The Board Game Video Game, Warhammer 40K hex turn based strategy, the MMO someone is still working on, this Space Hulk FPS and not a peep about the one people want, another GD Dawn of War game.

This may be old news to some; I have no idea when it was announced, but I just found out about XCOM: Enemy Within.

FUCK YES. I fell in love with Enemy Unknown; I cannot wait to turn my friends and family into psychic freaks and cyborgs!

In a move that should surprise absolutely no one, ANOTHER Warhammer 40K game was announced today, or whenever.

It's a new FPS Space Hulk game (hopefully kind of like the rad older games).

This makes Space Hulk: The Board Game Video Game, Warhammer 40K hex turn based strategy, the MMO someone is still working on, this Space Hulk FPS and not a peep about the one people want, another GD Dawn of War game.
The MMO was actually looking great before it got canned, and then it was supposed to be turned into a single player game when THQ was in trouble. The current MMO in development is something entirely new.

There WERE actually people clamoring for a Space Hulk game, they just wanted it for tablets.

Personally, what I want is a Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader single player RPG.

Pokemon X/Y will allow for the transfer of Black/White Mons through the use of a premium app called Pokemon Bank. Annual fee, but oh well.
Annual fee is $5, which is basically nothing. Also, it's planned to be compatible with all future versions of Pokemon, so you don't need to worry about transferring them out when the new generation hits.

Zappit

Staff member
It kind of makes sense. The jump from one Gen's tech to another was always clunky, but that was before the handhelds had wifi standard. Being able to put your Pokemon in an online "bank" would make it easier to transfer things around. Those storage servers would likely be busy, so yeah, I'd pay a small yearly fee for such a service that could be relevant indefinitely.

I don't think they've explicitly stated that this will be the ONLY way to do it, but I'd still pay 5 bucks a year for this, if only because it means I don't have to do the fucking Gameboy Shuffle every generation to transfer my pokemon between games. I STILL haven't done it with my Pearl to Black game because I don't know if I want to restart my Black game or keep it for X/Y. I have a pretty sweet team, but I kinda want to play more...

Zappit

Staff member
I don't think they've explicitly stated that this will be the ONLY way to do it, but I'd still pay 5 bucks a year for this, if only because it means I don't have to do the fucking Gameboy Shuffle every generation to transfer my pokemon between games. I STILL haven't done it with my Pearl to Black game because I don't know if I want to restart my Black game or keep it for X/Y. I have a pretty sweet team, but I kinda want to play more...
Got an AR device? Clone them.

The MMO was actually looking great before it got canned, and then it was supposed to be turned into a single player game when THQ was in trouble. The current MMO in development is something entirely new.

There WERE actually people clamoring for a Space Hulk game, they just wanted it for tablets.

Personally, what I want is a Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader single player RPG.
I'm not saying it's bad that they keep shoveling the IP around, I mean, one of these games has got to be decent at some point.

At the rate they're going, you'll get your wish within the year.

Pokemon X/Y will allow for the transfer of Black/White Mons through the use of a premium app called Pokemon Bank. Annual fee, but oh well.

Also the original starters are also starter options! That brings the number of starters to six. The original starters will also have Mega Evolutions, too.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/pokemon-x-y-can-import-your-old-pokemon
I'm fine with this. That's much less money than buying another console, and less cumbersome than playing those stupid "Transfer 6 at a time" mini-games. And since they're going to do it for future versions, I'm free to get a download version of these ones with the promise of still uploading my Pokemon to whatever the next set of games will be.

I'm on the opposite side, the $5 annual fee is putting me off. Yes, I get that servers and bandwidth aren't free, yes I get that it's not all that much to pay. Still, it's an extra expense, and one I won't get into until I truly see a need for it. I can probably enjoy X and Y just fine without transferring my Black and Black 2 mons.

Well, there's the Pokedex to consider. I don't use my transfers aside from online battling. I don't have the patience to do proper breeding and EV training anymore, so the ones I built up in 2007 will have to do. I wish Game Freak could figure out some alternative so I could battle people online without needing to bother with a bunch of invisible integers and still have a shot in hell of winning. These days the only battles I do are with people I know.

Necronic

Staff member
So apparently Rome 2 is not doing too well with the fanbase due to optimization and AI problems. I can't tell if this is just a severe case of "whiny bitch" gamers or if there is somethig seriously wrong beyond release day jitters.

So apparently Rome 2 is not doing too well with the fanbase due to optimization and AI problems. I can't tell if this is just a severe case of "whiny bitch" gamers or if there is somethig seriously wrong beyond release day jitters.
I bought it only to find out they don't yet have SLI support. WHAT FRIGGIN AAA GAME IN 2013 RELEASES WITHOUT SLI SUPPORT? I'm sitting here wondering why with 4GB of video ram I'm getting such terrible performance and surprise!...

Reactions: Jay

Necronic

Staff member
I have faith they will fix a lot of this (eventually), but these problems never really should have existed at launch. It's an embarrassing step backwards after Shogun.

It's a bit funny reading some of the user reviews where they blame this on EA. even when it's not their game. Guess people just get used to that.

The bids are mostly in. I'm assuming they need to decide which company to become a second party for. It's a big deal.
I know; I just wish we were hearing anything at all besides stupid rumors. Originally they said they'd know by the end of August, so I guess I should be happy that they're taking their time.