Video Game News and Miscellany

Yeah... I'd prefer not to have to use Origin. I'm already tired of all the other launchers and stuff I have to install for my other games, like Uplay and Rockstar Launcher and whatnot. Hell, even Tropico has me go through the Kalypso Launcher. My launcher quota is full, thanks.

GasBandit

Staff member
I changed my steam password to 30 random characters, and then went ahead and did the following. My old library is back. I'm not vouching for it being safe, though....

Download link in the video's description.

figmentPez

Staff member
It doesn't seem very well thought out. Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't it be easy to add games to a collection? Like, put a "Add games" button on the collection page, and let me tick off all the games I want to add?

Also, why is there an option to filter games by "Trading Cards" but not by games that still have cards that can be earned?

It feels like very little thought went into this.

Death Stranding Launch Trailer, for its PS4 release in a week.

I still have no idea WTF is going on in this game, but given that the trailer is over 7 minutes long and contains a lot of shots from the game, there may be spoilers.

The reviews today are absolutely cumming over this game, so at least it sounds like it'll be good. It's coming to PC, so I don't have to deal with aging PS4 performance either.

Well, fuck you internet. Blizzard's opening remarks were some of the most gutless, weak-spined bullshit I've ever heard, but who cares right? Diablo 4! ALL IS FORGIVEN.

Fah-Q.

Also D4 looks like shit. Why the fuck is it so washed out?
Because people's memories are shit, and think dark and gothic is the same as colourless and drab.

Hell, D3 clearly had some sort of colour muting filter, and it just made everything look weird.

D2 fans complained that D3 was too "cartoony".
That does not make any sense though. I mean just look at Diablo from D2...

He stands out like a beacon in the obsidian landscape of his temple. There is a clearly defined mix of dark tones mixed with bright coloring to make everything feel rich. D3 was definitly a bit more stylized, but it kept that feeling of dark tones mixes with vivid colors.

Then you have Diablo 4.

It had a few moments that felt like it was getting close to it's older feel, usually indoors and dungeons, but pretty much any time I watched the druid stomping through some washed out hazy overworld landscape, I was like "this looks terrible."

figmentPez

Staff member
That does not make any sense though. I mean just look at Diablo from D2...
I agree, it doesn't, but it's still what some Diablo fans are saying. Take Kripparian for instance:

@2:00 "This game tries to be more Diablo 2 than anything else that I've noticed, as you can tell from the visuals. It's that gritty type of Diablo, not the cartoonified Diablo 3 that we've played in the past."

Ha, holy shit. The only Blizzard thing I had any interest in sounds like it's getting Activision budget gutted. Warcraft 3: Reforged will no longer feature any story changes to make it more in line with WoW and they're nixing the redone cutscenes, like the one that was shown off last year. They're reusing all the old music, sounds etc.

What a shit company. Who fucking cares then? It's just a graphical upgrade? Why fucking bother?

I really, really like Death Stranding.

In no way whatsoever should it be game of the year.

But it will.
If Sekiro had come out more recently, it would have easily won. But it's been out for months and thus is out of people's minds. Same with RE2 (which maybe doesn't deserve to win, but it worthy of association) and Control.

Death Stranding is a breathtakingly beautiful game with an intriguing set of mechanics, but watching people play it on twitch just makes it look so goddamn dull and masochistic to play.