Video Game News and Miscellany

Guess which classic video game is getting an animated series!

No, wait, don't bother, you'll never guess because why the fuck is Golden Axe getting a series in 2024?
Because people have never stopped wanting to see more of Tyris Flare.

... or maybe that's just me?

On a side note, seeing Liam McIntyre in the cast list made me realize that I've basically not seen him in anything since Spartacus, and a quick gander at his Wikipedia page shows that he's mainly a voice actor now? Huh, cool, good for him.

Guess which classic video game is getting an animated series!

No, wait, don't bother, you'll never guess because why the fuck is Golden Axe getting a series in 2024?
Okay, I assume this is Comedy Central belatedly trying to rip-off imitate the Castlevania series Netflix did.

Hmm, I wonder if Sega started work on a new Golden Axe game because they knew this was potentially happening, or if CC just asked for something like Castlevania & Sega thought "hey, if we give them the GA license we can cross promote with our new game we're working on".

Cities Skylines 2 dev offers refunds, makes DLC free, apologizes

After a bad launch, and following it up with a horrendously disappointing DLC, they're now giving that new Beach Properties DLC for free and refunding anyone who bought it. Anyone who bought the Ultimate Edition will get free content worth $39.95 down the line.

I was on the verge of buying C:S2 at launch, but man, I'm glad I waited. I still haven't bought it and I'm not in any rush now.

Before it released, I made myself a personal promise not to buy C:S2 until they brought back cycling and cycling infrastructure. I get the feeling I'll be waiting a long while. If it ever comes back, hopefully the game is greatly improved by that point.

Last edited:
For those of you like me who play the shit out of 7 Days to Die, after 15 years of early access the game is going to 1.0.

View attachment 47891
Having been playing since Alpha... 9 or 10 (or whatever it was in late 2014) and over 1400 hours in game, it's been a long road to 1.0 / Alpha 22.

For those who haven't played it yet - it's on sale on Steam for 76% off until April 29 before the price will increase for full release.

Last edited: