Export thread

Vermintide

Necronic

Necronic

Man, this game. I mean. THIS. GAME.

Ok, so Vermintide takes place in the Warhammer fantasy world during whats called the End Times. Chaos and Skaven (rat men) are overrunning the entire world. Apparently Skaven blew up the moon? Anyways, that's not important. This game is about you fighting the skaven in one city in The Empire (human lands, well one of them).

The game is a horde survival game. Think Left for Dead or Killing Floor. Except instead of machine guns you have swords and axes and magic and instead of Uncle Phil you have a Dwarf or a Elf or a Wizard. Each character is very distinguished from the other. Different weapons, different play style, and in some cases (wizard) different mechanics. The melee combat feels great, really rewarding. The blocking mechanics are really really well done, and there is something so satisfying about lodging an axe in a skaven skull.

There's more though, the game has actual progression in it from map to map. At the end of a match you "roll die" to get a possible new weapon or trinket. During the match you can pick up things that let you roll more die (tomes and grimoires) but also make the match more difficult. The gear progression is actually pretty fun, and it doesn't feel too grindy or that it makes you overpowered.

Why? Because the game is incredibly hard. L4D is a straight joke compared to this game. I have had a hard time completing maps on easy on multiple occasions. This will get better as I get my hands on better gear, which means that item progression allows you to play more difficult maps that are sort of untouchable at low levels. There's also a limited crafting system.

Anyways, here are the current heroes:

Witch Hunter: Sword and Fast Ranged (brace of pistols or repeater). Middle of the road in terms of damage and defense. He can weild a greatsword or a fast single sword. I believe he can also dual weild a sword and a pistol, haven't played with him much.

Dwarf Ranger: Sword and board or great weapon, or Slow Powerful Ranged. One of the 2 possible tank characters. Can either play a defensive role with the shield, which is very useful, or weild a great weapon to clear groups. Has one of the most powerful ranged weapons, but its very slow. He also is shorter, and this is sort of disorienting when you play him.

Elven Waywatcher: Sword/swords and fast ranged. High damage but the weapons are usually low defense. My personal favorite to play. Lots of fun with the dual weild swords, or even the daggers, but they are a bit strange to use. The bow is of course awesome. Look basically you're Legolas.

Empire Soldier: Fairly similar to the Dwarf, you can either go with one BIG weapon that clears groups or a sword and board. One difference is that his ranged weapon is a blunderbuss so that's awesome.

Bright Wizard: The NUKE. This character plays different from the rest. He has a sword which you will use from time to time, but the main thing is his staff, which he uses to cast fire spells. You have to manage your magic though, because if you use too much too fast you will straight up explode and die. Does a lot of damage though, and has some great AOE spells. Depending on which staff you use the spells will be different.

Anyho, the game is sweet. My only complaint with it right now is that it is so difficult that I don't like playing with PUGs.

Terrik

Terrik

Erraaaarrvgghhh resisting buying this game, but it's hard.

Gryfter

Gryfter

Cool, will have to see if I can get my group interested in it. Looks fun but honestly I am looking for anything that does co-op play well.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I posted a 20% off voucher in the games on sale thread for greenmangaming. I picked it up, myself.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Did they address the problem of so much of the game being too freakin' hard to see? I'm really interested in this game, in any case.

Not enough to break my "no preordering" rule, but perhaps enough to not wait for it to go to $15 on a steam sale..

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Did they address the problem of so much of the game being too freakin' hard to see? I'm really interested in this game, in any case.

Not enough to break my "no preordering" rule, but perhaps enough to not wait for it to go to $15 on a steam sale..
I got it for $20 on GreenManGaming.

As for it being dark, it doesn't seem too dark to me. Yeah, the gameplay happens at night, but it seems to be a pretty bright night from what I can tell so far, aside from a few dark alleys.

Necronic

Necronic

The only visibility problem I've had have been with not seeing other players from time to time in the middle of a swarm of rats. Other than that visibility is more than fine.

Terrik

Terrik

I picked it up on GMG. I'll try it tonight

GasBandit

GasBandit

I AM UNCLEAN

:cry:

Terrik

Terrik

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm going to rationalize it away by saying 36 hours before launch isn't REALLY preordering, not in the way that damages the gaming industry, anyway.

/out out damned spot

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Wish I could, but my computer can't even run Evolve, let alone a game with more than five characters appearing at once.

Dei

Dei

I'm going to rationalize it away by saying 36 hours before launch isn't REALLY preordering, not in the way that damages the gaming industry, anyway.

/out out damned spot
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Whatever helps you sleep at night.
You know God damn well what helps me sleep at night.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

If it makes you feel less scrubby, I pre-ordered Fallout 4 in July.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

The only visibility problem I've had have been with not seeing other players from time to time in the middle of a swarm of rats. Other than that visibility is more than fine.
Options

player outlines

change from "on" to "always"

You're welcome.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Ehh... with the pre-order discount and the voucher for GreenManGaming, the game is suddenly 30% off before launch. I can justify dropping 21.60 on a lark if I'm essentially getting a Steam Sale discount.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I look forward to the group's videos.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I look forward to the group's videos.
Here's what it looks like right now.

Vermintide error.png

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Here's what it looks like right now.

View attachment 19519
Yeah, something broke and they were doing maintenance today. Sucks.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yeah, something broke and they were doing maintenance today. Sucks.
Comforting to know that if Fatshark's backend servers go down/disappear we're 100% locked out of the game. No single player or anything.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

:facepalm:

Jay

Jay

lol

Dei

Dei

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235540/discussions/1/483368433105670297/

You can't play the game currently and we are very sorry for that. We've had to take down our backend for unscheduled maintenance. It's a difficult decision but a few hours ago we had some technical issues with our backend due to failed unauthorized tampering with the servers. We are now tightening up these processes before the release of the game on Friday. This is now our top priority here at Fatshark and we hope to be able to get online again today, Wednesday. We'll keep posting more info as we have it.

Being an indie developer we are used to working tightly with our community to improve our games during betas. This includes openness and simplicity. Vermintide has got a great response - there are more beta players than we imagined even in our wildest fantasies - and everyone at Fatshark is working long hours to give you the best game possible by Friday, and beyond. Bear with us as we tighten the screws on the backend!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Is anyone surprised a game GasBandit preorders is immediately shut down for a few days?

Terrik

Terrik

Is anyone surprised a game GasBandit preorders is immediately shut down for a few days?
They're trying to keep him pure. Keep him from playing until its actual release date.

Necronic

Necronic

Way to go Gasbandit, ruining it for the rest of us.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Way to go Gasbandit, ruining it for the rest of us.
S'what I do.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

We're supposed to be getting another update in the next 30 mins/1 hour to explain what exactly the issue is and (hopefully) how long we can expect to wait.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

And... it's up. With an all new map for the beta as an apology.

Dei

Dei

So, maybe tonight I'll get to find out how badly I need a computer upgrade. I already know I need a new video card and to replace all of my RAM. [emoji14]

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Just imagine if @Jay ever pre-ordered something.

We'd officially have our next full-market crash like the one E.T. caused.

Jay

Jay

House Team Biscuit. .. we don't pre-order.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Necronic

Necronic

The new map is pretty cool. Only problem with the game I'm seeing right now is that there is little incentive to cycle maps. Just run Horn of Magnus over and over again for gear.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

This game is really fun, but I have had no luck pugging it tonight. Haven't cleared a single map.

I'm going to have to find some people to play with.

GasBandit

GasBandit

This game is really fun, but I have had no luck pugging it tonight. Haven't cleared a single map.

I'm going to have to find some people to play with.
We'll have to get you in with us at some point. We had... mostly... good luck. Well, we cleared more than we wiped.

Anyway, I'm rendering the first video now.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Oh wait... EVERYONE gets a Loot Die when someone completes the map with a Tome? Neat. I thought only I got it.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Oh wait... EVERYONE gets a Loot Die when someone completes the map with a Tome? Neat. I thought only I got it.
Nope, the bonus is party wide for tomes, grimoire, and dice

Necronic

Necronic

That's one of the things I REALLY hate about PUGs. They always try to run both Grims on every map and it's like, dude, no, that's not going to happen. Stop.

GasBandit

GasBandit

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Nope, the bonus is party wide for tomes, grimoire, and dice
So it doesn't matter who snakes the loot die then. Alright, cool.

Necronic

Necronic

For future reference its a pretty bad idea to split up at the final spot. There's a corner area down by the bottom of the stairs that works pretty well. Didn't realize you guys were playing normal difficulty until the end, well done on that.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ha, the top upvoted non-sticky post in the vermintide subreddit is complaining about how toxic the player community is.

I posted the above video there, it got downvoted to oblivion immediately.

No wonder RavenPoe had such a bad time pugging last night.

Dei

Dei

Well, considering what I've heard about the L4D community, I'm not surprised.

I have to find time to play with my husband though, because I totally felt like I ditched him last night. ;) He refuses to try to pug, and the bots are beyond dumb.

Terrik

Terrik

Ha, the top upvoted non-sticky post in the vermintide subreddit is complaining about how toxic the player community is.

Why...why would they downvote.

Dei

Dei

. Didn't realize you guys were playing normal difficulty until the end, well done on that.
Clearly the hours we have spent playing L4D together since June have paid off!

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's really just the same old argument from L4D2: Why should I have to put up with randos that don't know how to play? They are right.

Also, apparently we're supposed to AVOID the Stormvermin patrols (the 6+ Commanders).

GasBandit

GasBandit

Why...why would they downvote.
People suck. What can ya do.[DOUBLEPOST=1445529896,1445529861][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's really just the same old argument from L4D2: Why should I have to put up with randos that don't know how to play? They are right.

Also, apparently we're supposed to AVOID the Stormvermin patrols (the 6+ Commanders).
... Avoid the stormvermin?? But we're so good at killing them!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hah, so apparently there's one room in Wizard's Tower that actually appears different to every player depending on their character. I just thought it was a room full of gold treasure as I was playing the dwarf, but apparently to the Elf it looks like a jungle, to the Bright Wizard it looks like a city in flames, to the soldier it looks like the city streets but clean and in good repair, and to the witch hunter it looks like a market plaza with heretics being tortured in the middle.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Hah, so apparently there's one room in Wizard's Tower that actually appears different to every player depending on their character. I just thought it was a room full of gold treasure as I was playing the dwarf, but apparently to the Elf it looks like a jungle, to the Bright Wizard it looks like a city in flames, to the soldier it looks like the city streets but clean and in good repair, and to the witch hunter it looks like a market plaza with heretics being tortured in the middle.
It's the first "event" in the Tower... where someone needs to break the ropes holding the door closed. I actually commented on how the room changed when I switched from the Soldier to Saltpyre, but I didn't realize the layout was the same.

Dei

Dei

Oh, I didn't realize you all didn't see a jungle. :eek: That's pretty awesome.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's the first "event" in the Tower... where someone needs to break the ropes holding the door closed. I actually commented on how the room changed when I switched from the Soldier to Saltpyre, but I didn't realize the layout was the same.
I remember you talking about that, but I thought you meant the actual layout had changed, and I didn't remember it enough from the previous playthrough to say one way or the other. Was still a huge pile of gold stuff to me, either way ;)

Necronic

Necronic

huh, that's pretty cool. No surprise about the vermintide community though, the game is simply too hard even on easy. They need to knock down the difficulty a bit, just on easy, so theres a low conflict place to go.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

huh, that's pretty cool. No surprise about the vermintide community though, the game is simply too hard even on easy. They need to knock down the difficulty a bit, just on easy, so theres a low conflict place to go.
I was playing on Normal a couple of days ago and rocking pretty hard when I got grouped with a rando group of people who knew how to stick together. The game doesn't seem that hard when you have people willing to, you know, not all go out on their own. But then the servers went kaput and I haven't been able to get a good game since.

Dei

Dei

So I was thinking about the end of The Wizard Tower... I wonder if it would be better to take the high ground on that square raised platform and then pick off the ones that actually attack the wards as they show up.

Terrik

Terrik

So I was thinking about the end of The Wizard Tower... I wonder if it would be better to take the high ground on that square raised platform and then pick off the ones that actually attack the wards as they show up.
Couldn't hurt I guess.

Dei

Dei

Catwalk it's probably more accurate than platform. But same idea.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ammo might be a factor, and it takes a while to climb back up from the lower area, I think... but we can try it.

Dei

Dei

But we didn't get ammo except for some one shot ones anyways, if I recall correctly.

GasBandit

GasBandit

But we didn't get ammo except for some one shot ones anyways, if I recall correctly.
Two single use ammo refills, yep. Which is why I said ammo might be a factor (as in, we might run out of ammo).

Dei

Dei

But the BRIGHTWIZARD will never run out of ammo!

If we run out of ammo we can always switch tactics, but split up always seemed to kill some of us.

GasBandit

GasBandit

But the BRIGHTWIZARD will never run out of ammo!

If we run out of ammo we can always switch tactics, but split up always seemed to kill some of us.
It'd be nice if we could get a shield/weapon combo for the soldier as well. It'd make "pairing off" a lot more survivable I think, that shield slam is ridiculous. Doesn't get kills, but lets your partner kill at leisure.

Dei

Dei

It'd be nice if we could get a shield/weapon combo for the soldier as well. It'd make "pairing off" a lot more survivable I think, that shield slam is ridiculous. Doesn't get kills, but lets your partner kill at leisure.
True, I blame Ash.

GasBandit

GasBandit

True, I blame Ash.
On the other hand, his two handed hammer sure comes in handy vs the Stormvermin. But when you're getting swarmed, shield bashing is a get out of jail free card.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Soldiers get a Sword and Board, but that just leaves them highly susceptible Commanders and Stormvermin, as their Coachgun is pitiful against them. Also... I think I broke mine down already so I need to get another one as a drop. We might need to farm equipment.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Soldiers get a Sword and Board, but that just leaves them highly susceptible Commanders and Stormvermin, as their Coachgun is pitiful against them. Also... I think I broke mine down already so I need to get another one as a drop. We might need to farm equipment.
I hear tell there's a soldier mace and board that works really well. Of course, it's all a literal roll of the dice whether you get one or not.

Dei

Dei

RNG LOOT FARMING?! *twitch*

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The video looks fun; rat monsters flopping every which way. I like the ways they managed to imitate some L4D aspects with actual units from Warhammer Fantasy.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

The video looks fun; rat monsters flopping every which way. I like the ways they managed to imitate some L4D aspects with actual units from Warhammer Fantasy.
Make no mistake; the Warhammer Variants are all much worse. The Pack Rat is what you get when a hunter and a jockey make love, except a Pack Rat has enough power to do something to you. Globiers can RAPID FIRE their poison wind and will suicide into poison clouds if given the chance. Ratling Gunners are damned hard to remove once they become entrenched. Stormvermin squads are pretty damn nasty with their armor.

Everything is just hard to deal with.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Yeah, gutter runners are hunters, packmasters are smokers/jockeys, globadiers are both spitters and boomers, rat-ogres are tanks and there's a kind of new dynamic in ratling gunners and Stormvermin patrols. It still needs more L4D ideas implemented, like giving items to teammates such as potions and bombs, and right now bombs are actually kinda useless because the explosive ones don't attract the horde like pipe bombs and the incendiary ones don't burn for extended periods like molotovs. Some people would like L4D's "take a break" option as well. Also, there's no Vs mode, it's co-op only.

Also, I'd like it if you could trade weapons/items with other players when you're in the inn (staging area/mission selection).[DOUBLEPOST=1445559697,1445559576][/DOUBLEPOST]Although, I guess, now that I've learned you're supposed to AVOID stormvermin patrols, and I remember they make loud marching noises and chant cadence at the top of their squeaky voices, I guess they are more like witches from L4D.

Dei

Dei

We don't avoid those either though!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

It's worth pointing out that potions of strength increase -ALL- the damage you do, including ranged and bombs, not just melee.

Vrii

Vrii

I've cleared everything on normal with two friends so far, including a couple runs with all tomes and a grimoire - doesn't feel that tough so far, honestly.

Necronic

Necronic

Helps a lot with a solid group, try doing a 2 grim run with a pug.

Anyways, for the wizard tower I think the best bet may be to just have the full team walk around the circle and clear the flags as a group. They have a lot of health and getting split up there is tough as hell.

I would be surprised if Vs didn't become a thing fairly soon. If I remember right L4D didn't start with it either

Vrii

Vrii

I definitely wouldn't try anything above normal without a group, probably not above easy. That said, we just moved up to hard, and it feels tough but manageable. If we had a regular 4th person it'd be pretty stable clearing, I think.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Welp... just got a decent blue crossbow for Saltpyre from a bunch of normal die.

skelebro.gif

Dei

Dei

Did you even go back to sleep last night? ;)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Did you even go back to sleep last night? ;)
For about an hour. Did a bunch of homework though, so it's not like I was messing around.

GasBandit

GasBandit

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

... and now I have a decent green repeater (+30% max ammo) for Saltpyre. Decisions, decisions... I can ether bring a good anti-armor weapon or a good swarm tool/ogre weapon.

At least I got another sword and board for the soldier, so I can do tank stuff when we need it.

Dei

Dei

Ash is going to be level 20 by the time we all play together tonight.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I noticed last night I'm getting better at doing sweep attacks with the shield, which doesn't use stamina, does do damage, and still has the front arc knockback of shield bashing. The timing of how long to hold down the button was kinda tricky, and it does also kind of leave me open to attacks since I can't block while charging the sweep.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

Picked up this game. Going to need to get my mind off shit tonight

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

GasBandit

GasBandit

I like how episode 2's finale made Dei and Ash look entirely like nancies since they were apparently getting all the rats, but you couldn't see that from my perspective.

Dei

Dei

I like how episode 2's finale made Dei and Ash look entirely like nancies since they were apparently getting all the rats, but you couldn't see that from my perspective.
Seriously, I got a little mad watching you and Terrik twiddle your thumbs in this video. ;)

Dei

Dei

ALSO, how we were getting wrecked by a gunner that was right up the ladder from you, and YOU NEVER NOTICED.

GasBandit

GasBandit

ALSO, how we were getting wrecked by a gunner that was right up the ladder from you, and YOU NEVER NOTICED.
It wasn't in our line of sight and you didn't call it out!

... never mind that it was like 3 runs after this that I discovered that you can hit "T" to call out a target.

Dei

Dei

I said there was a gunner, but I mean, it's not like you guys ever heard our frantic yelling, what with all the thumb twiddling you were doing. ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

I said there was a gunner, but I mean, it's not like you guys ever heard our frantic yelling, what with all the thumb twiddling you were doing. ;)
"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

Dei

Dei

I feel, somehow, that this is my fault for always taking Terrik's place as the overeager showboater when he is not around.

You emulating Terrik I mean, not you ignoring our cries. ;)

Dei

Dei

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"
Also

Necronic

Necronic

Well hey, anyone looking for a group hit me up this weekend. My regulars have been fairly flakey with this game so I could use a regular group. I don't know if I've ever even gamed with any of yall before aside from that period we played Eve.

Oh yeah my Steam name is Hellkyte and I have the same avatar you see here.

Vrii

Vrii

My steam ID is Bill Clownton, with a picture of Bill Clownton as the avatar. Usually if I'm playing I'll have at least one spot for people to join us if they want to.

Necronic

Necronic

honestly I still cant figure out how to find people in steam. It should be easier

Ed: also who the fuck is Bill Clowntown

Vrii

Vrii

It's Bill Clinton as a clown! Payday 2 has president masks and I went to town with it.

Necronic

Necronic

did you...did you go to Clown Town with it?[DOUBLEPOST=1445661456,1445661426][/DOUBLEPOST]also for whatever reason I don't see a bill clowntown

Vrii

Vrii

figmentPez

figmentPez

honestly I still cant figure out how to find people in steam. It should be easier
It would be nice if it worked better. In the meantime, people could provide links to their own profiles. Here's mine. Though I don't have Vermintide, and my system can't run it.

Vrii

Vrii

When you guys get to Wheat and Chaff...be ready. It's like 3 levels above every map before it.

Dei

Dei

When you guys get to Wheat and Chaff...be ready. It's like 3 levels above every map before it.
We were already there. That level can die in a fire.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Fuckin hate Wheat and Chaff, it's broke as fuck.

Anyway, here's episode 3...

Necronic

Necronic

well now I have video evidence that you just abandoned my ass to that rat ogre.

shame

SHAME

Dei

Dei

Ash was dead, and I was hanging over a rail! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US?!

GasBandit

GasBandit

well now I have video evidence that you just abandoned my ass to that rat ogre.

shame

SHAME
Meh, you lived.

Necronic

Necronic

I was talking about Gas coming up on it and swinging at the thing a few times and being like "ah fuck it, lets see what's going on over here"

but yeah, I lived, good game.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I mean, once I saw Ash was rescued, I did COME BACK :p

Terrik

Terrik

I'm proud that we managed to successfully tackle a 'hard' map

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'm proud that we managed to successfully tackle a 'hard' map
That'll be episode 6, I think. 4 is uploading and 5 is rendering.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Episode 4

In the midnight hour, she screams MORR, MORR, MORR

Dei

Dei

I haven't even watched this yet and I hate you.

Well no, I'd hate you more if you had the video of where we were having stupid drunken bickering and you subtitled it that way. Lol

GasBandit

GasBandit

I haven't even watched this yet and I hate you.

Well no, I'd hate you more if you had the video of where we were having stupid drunken bickering and you subtitled it that way. Lol
Hah, well, fortunately for us both, I deleted that footage in a drunken fit of pique when I crashed in the middle of the level. So the record of you calling me SuperDwarf McAwesomePants or whatever it was is lost to the ages. :(

GasBandit

GasBandit

Episode 5 - Ram the Manparts! I mean, er, Man the Ramparts!

GasBandit

GasBandit

Episode 6... time to get Hard.

Terrik

Terrik

So I just successfully pug'd smugglers run and the black powder map on hard. One of the little tricks I see people using is waiting to be downed before healing since you rez with 50% hp, so a kit or a potion brings you up to 100%. Worked pretty well.

Dei

Dei

So I just successfully pug'd smugglers run and the black powder map on hard. One of the little tricks I see people using is waiting to be downed before healing since you rez with 50% hp, so a kit or a potion brings you up to 100%. Worked pretty well.
I feel so betrayed.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You're outta the gang, Terrik!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Did I just hear you're looking for another Floridian?

GasBandit

GasBandit

Did I just hear you're looking for another Floridian?
Hrrmmm... How are you at getting drunk and ruining everything?

Dei

Dei

YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ON! We've had room every night this weekend!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

YOU HAVEN'T BEEN ON! We've had room every night this weekend!
I've been working! Geeze, excuse me for being a responsible adult.

GasBandit

GasBandit

being a responsible adult.
Ooooh that right there could be a problem with your application.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I'm awful at video games, does that help any?

Dei

Dei

OMG, this sounds like why Terrik had to go. Definitely a black mark.

Dei

Dei

Actually I seem to recall something about Blood Bowl taking priority over hanging out with us too. Clearly this isn't going to work out.

:rofl:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Episode 7 - Go down the evil looking hole.

GasBandit

GasBandit

There was a patch today:

Patch 1.0.1
Changelog:
- Voip is now enabled by default
- Made bots more passive when Stormvermin Patrol is near
- Tweaked bot healing behaviour
- Fixed a crash related to audio
- Fixed a crash related to AI being alerted
- Fixed Gamepad not being able to change gamma setting
- Fixed an issue where cursor would remain ingame
- Fixed an issue where input could become delayed when looking diagonally
- Fixed an issue where player could be moved during menu
- Added newsticker ingame for important alerts
- Fixed an issue where right thumb stick couldn't be used for input on gamepad
- Fixed an issue with attack sweeps occasionally not hitting
- Optimized FX of Drakefire Pistols
- Fixed an issue with Gutter Runner pouncing
- Improved clarity of keybindings
- Fixed a dialogue error when seeing enemies
- Fixed a number of potential crashes on startup
- Fixed an error where Lobby Browser was displaying an incorrect number of lobbies

PatrThom

PatrThom

There was a patch today:

Patch 1.0.1
Changelog:
- Voip is now enabled by default
- Made bots more passive when Stormvermin Patrol is near
- Tweaked bot healing behaviour
- Fixed a crash related to audio
- Fixed a crash related to AI being alerted
- Fixed Gamepad not being able to change gamma setting
- Fixed an issue where cursor would remain ingame
- Fixed an issue where input could become delayed when looking diagonally
- Fixed an issue where player could be moved during menu
- Added newsticker ingame for important alerts
- Fixed an issue where right thumb stick couldn't be used for input on gamepad
- Fixed an issue with attack sweeps occasionally not hitting
- Optimized FX of Drakefire Pistols
- Fixed an issue with Gutter Runner pouncing
- Improved clarity of keybindings
- Fixed a dialogue error when seeing enemies
- Fixed a number of potential crashes on startup
- Fixed an error where Lobby Browser was displaying an incorrect number of lobbies
For a quick moment, when I saw the list, I thought I had accidentally clicked on your "Things I Hate" thread.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

For a quick moment, when I saw the list, I thought I had accidentally clicked on your "Things I Hate" thread.

--Patrick
Nah, I didn't have to go into work today (yet).

Also that thread is now about big boobs, so it's hard to stay cranky there.

Terrik

Terrik

You can't kick me outta the gang, I am the gang!

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Actually I seem to recall something about Blood Bowl taking priority over hanging out with us too. Clearly this isn't going to work out.

:rofl:
Worse, it was writing about Blood Bowl. I do a weekly writeup on bad blood bowl teams.

Which you can read right here! https://redd.it/3pv6tp

GasBandit

GasBandit

Episode 8 - Well, Well, Well. AKA "Terrik falls asleep on us again"

Terrik

Terrik

I'm successful even in my sleep.

GasBandit

GasBandit

What each character sees in the Chamber of Gnignol in the Wizard Tower:

[DOUBLEPOST=1445958117,1445958011][/DOUBLEPOST]When you get that early Rat Ogre...

Dei

Dei

I saw a lot of people laughing about the random cut scene Ratogre. ;)

Dei

Dei

@GasBandit Here we go, this is the game in a nutshell for us. :p (Timestamped appropriately)

GasBandit

GasBandit

@GasBandit Here we go, this is the game in a nutshell for us. :p (Timestamped appropriately)

Yep. 3 tome dice, 2 bonus dice, rolled a 2. Nailed it.

Dei

Dei

After going and reading the summary of the Reddit AMA from a few days ago, I am pretty happy with some of the dev philosophies. A big one being that only the host needs to own a DLC map if they want to play it with their friends.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

After going and reading the summary of the Reddit AMA from a few days ago, I am pretty happy with some of the dev philosophies. A big one being that only the host needs to own a DLC map if they want to play it with their friends.
Did they talk about possibly doing more characters in the future?

Dei

Dei

Did they talk about possibly doing more characters in the future?
https://m.reddit.com/r/Vermintide/comments/3pwtbv/summary_of_the_ama_with_fatshark_at_rgames/

Is there any chance to introduce more races ( playable )? ( orc etc... )

Martin, CEO: Yes! We actually already have one enemy from a different faction in the pre production phase. Let the speculations begin. ;)

Not to suggest I don't think there's enough as it is (I'm very happy with the five we already have), but out of curiosity, are there any plans kicking around to add in more playable characters?

Mårten, Producer: When we picked these five, we started out with almost fifty different races and careers and had a really hard time choosing, but we are really happy with how they turned out.

We do though have a lot of plans, almost anything can be found in them. ;)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Oh hey, it's a comic about the last session we played.

Via Critical Miss

GasBandit

GasBandit

Episode 9 - Drunk Vermintide. (You knew it was coming)

Dei

Dei

I don't actually remember anything that happened in 80% of this video.

GasBandit

GasBandit

To be fair, I had forgotten the majority of it as well until I saw it happen again during editing. Also I edited out the most cringeworthy stuff.

Dei

Dei

I watched this video and still don't remember. It's like I'm watching someone else that sounds just like me.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I watched this video and still don't remember. It's like I'm watching someone else that sounds just like me.
In the words of Jimmy Pop Ali, you were indeed, "completely boofy blitzed." I had to show a tiny amount of reserve because I had work in the morning, but you and Terrik had no fucks to give.

Dei

Dei

What you will never know is what number cider it took to put me over the edge. Just that the number is embarrassingly small, but higher than 1.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Getting that drunk doesn't actually make you forget anything, it just makes it so your brain doesn't write anything down that happens while you're that blitzed. You can't forget anything that you never remembered in the first place.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

I never said I forgot, I said I remembered none of it. Gas is the only one who used the word forget, and he's the one who was sober enough to actually have it only be forgetting. ;)

Terrik

Terrik

In the words of Jimmy Pop Ali, you were indeed, "completely boofy blitzed." I had to show a tiny amount of reserve because I had work in the morning, but you and Terrik had no fucks to give.
And this is different from Sober Terrik, how?

GasBandit

GasBandit

And this is different from Sober Terrik, how?
Well, for one thing, Sober Terrik sometimes remembers conversations that happened 30 seconds previously.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I swear... on Drunk Night, it feels like I'm running around in a safety orange vest and bashing things with a stop sign to keep the drunkies out of the road. And that's when things are GOOD.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

I wish my work schedule didn't keep me from playing this at the times when everyone else is.

Dei

Dei

I really can't recommend playing with us when we're drunk though, unless you are also drunk. ;)

Null

Null

I was watching a lot of this as it was going down. You guys were totally fucking shitfaced and it was tragically hilarious.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was watching a lot of this as it was going down. You guys were totally fucking shitfaced and it was tragically hilarious.
Well, obviously you were, you co-starred in the fucking video, Neil Sedaka.

Null

Null

Well, obviously you were, you co-starred in the fucking video, Neil Sedaka.
Well I haven't seen the video yet, I was just saying.

Anonymous

Patch 1.0.2
NOVEMBER 11

We're happy to announce we have just released Patch 1.0.2, aimed at fixing bugs, exploits, AI and improving performance.

Patch 1.0.2
Changelog:
Feature Changes
  • Added Regiment Name Tags (based on Steam groups).
  • Matchmaking now times out if host idles for too long.
  • Tweaked enemy spawning on Wheat & Chaff.
  • Tweaked chat text colours.
  • Disabled tagging of dead enemies.
  • Added a setting to disable aim assist while using a controller.
  • Added player info during spectator cam.
  • Players can now press on their equipped item (next to the character preview) in the Inventory, to select the equipped item in the item list.
  • Improved grenade FX for added clarity
  • Improved Victory/Defeat screens
  • Hawk Eye trait can now be toggled on/off using Weapon Special key
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed an audio related crash.
  • Fixed a bug where the music slider wasn’t properly disabling music
  • Fixed several level exploits.
  • Fixed navmesh issues on many levels.
  • Fixed minor collision and z-fighting issues on most levels.
  • Fixed an issue causing bots to get stuck at drops.
  • Fixed an issue causing Ratling Gunners to track players through walls causing bots to infinite take cover and not progress.
  • Fixed a bug where players could jump out of moving elevators.
  • Fixed a crash when packmaster grabbed a player who was healing.
  • Fixed a crash related to the dialogue system.
  • Fixed a crash related to the hud system.
  • Fixed a bug where shield would flip during attack combo with hammer & shield.
  • Fixed a bug with hammer & axe animation.
  • Fixed a bug where the loading icon could get stuck during gameplay.
  • Fixed a case of enemies “moonwalking”.
  • Player outlines now properly apply to hats/weapons/attachments.
  • Fixed several localization errors.
  • Fixed several spelling & grammar mistakes.
  • Fixed a collision error with certain rocks in Engines of War.
  • Fixed certain trinket textures.
  • Fixed a bug where certain effects would be permanently visible for clients who join during a game.
  • Fixed a rotational issue with beam staff.
  • Fixed callouts of visible enemies using player movement director rather than view direction for line of sight checks.
  • Fixed Stormvermin sometimes being labeled as “Commander” in kill log.
  • Fixed missing sound for beam staff beam explosions.
  • Fixed VOIP so that it doesn’t transmit during loading screens if you have Push to Talk enabled but isn’t pushing to talk.
  • Reworked level end logic for wagons to avoid several cases where the level would not end when users had entered closed and opened and exited the wagons.
  • Floating will now be correctly positioned when using "HUD screen fit" option.
  • Fixed issue with displaying wrong score data when hovering over score topics
  • Fixed issue with chat being drawn under the "dead space filler UI" in end of level UI.
  • Updated news ticker ingame to refresh the message after a delay.
  • Fix for cursor and input when getting popups during join popup... or the other way around.
  • Possible fix for cursor still stuck on screen after handling with popups.
  • Fixed a bug where Trueflight Arrows could circle Rat Ogres after hitting

Bot AI Fixes:
  • Solved a number of cases that could result in bots chasing after seemingly undetected special skaven.
  • Solved a number of cases where bots would get stuck and not defend themselves
  • Disabled behaviour where bots choose to close to melee distance with packmasters and gutter runners until they’ve grabbed a player.
  • Fixed an issue where bots would not find any cover points if pinned up against a wall by a ratling gunner.
  • Bots are now a lot more cautious about friendly fire at higher difficulties.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing bots to sometimes not engage special skaven disabling an ally.
  • Fixed an issue that was causing bots to sometimes not rescue a disabled or knocked down player.
  • Bots with lower health now get higher priority to healing items than other bots if close enough.
  • Made bots prioritize attacking special skaven attacking the group before trying to revive (not rat ogres).
  • Bots will disengage if possible if the players pass a one way drop to avoid getting left behind and pinned down by special skaven.
  • Bots try to spread out among different covers as much as possible when under fire from ratling guns to avoid all getting pinned down when possible.
  • Fixed situation where bots would hesitate whether to heal with medkits or not.
  • Improved bot pathfinding over drops.
Performance Changes:
  • Reduced core spin time after completed job. This should make sure cores sleep more often and reduce overall CPU load.
  • Added option to set max amount of CPU cores in launcher. This is a fallback for users that experience issues with CPU overheating/overload. Do not change this value unless you are experiencing overheating/overload issues!
  • Optimized movement collision detection for staggering enemies.
  • Optimized movement collision detection for spawning skaven.
  • Parallelized AI path finding.
  • Optimized enemy movement on server.
  • UI optimizations.
  • Achievement optimizations.
  • Matchmaking optimizations.
  • Lua table function optimizations.
  • Horde audio code optimizations.
  • Level volume optimizations.
  • Optimized world updates.
  • Entity extension optimizations.
  • Optimized explosion hit checks.
  • Optimized Globadier gas effect.
  • Optimized Witch Hunter pistol effect.
  • Optimized Drake Pistol effect.
Balance Changes
  • Improved Hagbane radius
  • Improved Hagbane damage
  • Reduced damage of Rare & Exotic Fireball Staff
  • Removed penetration for Fireball Staff

Dei

Dei

I don't know when I hit anon, but w/e.

GasBandit

GasBandit

We will have to see if the bots still suck one of these nights.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-NECROPOST.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-NECROPOST.

Impressive accuracy for being so fuckin' drunk.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Impressive accuracy for being so fuckin' drunk.
Itolyou,immuffuginawesome.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Ooo, now I get to see what the animators add to the voice track.
EDIT: The gauge! Hah!
EDIT2: I'm surprised at how much of this dialogue I remember.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

Was it just me or was the volume like really low on that clip?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Was it just me or was the volume like really low on that clip?
Just you.

--Patrick

Denbrought

Denbrought

Hope this game goes on a good sale this summer, SO and I want to pick it up.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Good gravy. Came home to a 12 gig patch in progress tonight. HUGE patch hit today. Oh and apparently they're giving away a free loot item for every day you log in in december.

Changes (with stuff that particularly sticks out to me highlighted in red):

This patch is a big one.

In the last couple of months we've been extremely focused on solving bugs and acting on community feedback. The results are a patch larger than any we've ever released before.

This patch also contains content for the upcoming Karak Azgaraz DLC which releases on December 15th. Details on that here:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/463791/

CHANGELOG

FEATURES
  • Added some weight and variation to ragdoll behaviours
  • Added physics to a number of props in the Inn which were previously static
  • A new HUD has been added when playing with controller
  • Added options to switch between XboxOne and PlayStation(R)4 icon sets for controllers
  • Added option to switch between different controller layouts
  • Added Auto-aim support when playing with controller
  • Added mouse scroll inputs as keybindings
  • Added option to disable/enable "Give Items with Block Key"
  • Franz Lohner no longer whistles cheerfully. It is the End Times after all

OPTIMIZATIONS
This patch contains all the optimization that we did to get the game run on console hardware. It targets CPU-heavy systems where we have seen general improvements overall. It also addresses lag spikes and where lot of AI or physics are in play, lag spikes in specific situations such as VO and resource loading. It should also gives us shorter loading times.
  • Lots of code has been moved to less used CPU-cores, and runs more in parallel.
  • Added multi-level navigation pathing for enemies. So enemies should not get stuck no matter how far away from players they are.
  • Heavy optimization of all shaders.

BALANCE
General
  • 1h Weapons
    • Dodge distance increased
    • Dodge speed increased
    • Block move speed increased
    • Headshotting added on light attacks
  • Friendly Fire
    • Friendly fire is now rescaled and retweaked
    • Damage over time deals less friendly fire
    • AoE effects deal less friendly fire
  • Traits
    • Reduced Mastercrafted reload speed to 25% from 50%
  • Trueflight
    • Added collision avoidance, projectile will not turn unless it has a clear path towards target.
    • New target now picked further ahead along path instead of in a 360 radius.
    • Removed outlines unless player picked target.
    • Projectiles will now home in on enemy heads only if target is locked.
  • Tome/Medical Supplies
    • Reduced movement speed whilst blocking
    • Reduced block shields from current melee weapon to 0.5

Sienna Fuegonasus
  • Staff - Fireball
    • Reduced heat buildup on charge
    • Reduced heat buildup on charge attack
    • Increased damage on charge attack
    • Charged shots now pierce normal rats
  • Staff - Conflagration
    • Reduced heat buildup on charge attack
    • Added friendly fire to charge attack
    • New ability: Creates a fire patch on the ground if full charge is achieved
  • Staff - Beam
    • Reduced heat buildup on beam attack
    • Tweaked beam ramp-up damage
    • Increased beam-blast damage
    • Added friendly fire to blast attack
  • Staff - Bolt
    • Normalized heat buildup on level 1, 2, 3 of bolt
    • Re-scaled targets hit by uncharged and fully charged bolt
    • Non-locked projectile hits body
    • Locked projectile headshots first target
    • Tweaked trueflight behaviour - See general changes
    • Decreased locked-on time while increasing charge time for extra damage
  • 1h swords
    • Increased damage of stab light attack
    • Increased number of targets hit by light attack(s)
    • Slightly increased attack speed
  • Wizard Maces
    • Increased attack speed
    • Increased damage of First and Second light attacks
    • Increased number of targets hit by third and fourth light attacks
    • Increased heavy attack damage

Bardin Goreksson
  • 1h Hammers
    • Light sweeping attacks can now hit infinite targets
    • Changed attack speed
    • Increased heavy attack damage
  • 2h Axes
    • Increased damage on light and heavy attack
    • Reduced slowdown while charging heavy attacks
    • Increased attack speed
    • Tweaked hitboxes
    • Increased attack range
    • Increased number of block shields from 2 to 2.5
  • Drake Pistols
    • Added headshot multiplier
    • Added friendly fire to charged attack
  • Grudge-Raker
    • Now deals damage to armored enemies when close
    • Increased attack speed on secondary push
  • 2h Hammers
    • Reduced number of dodges before becoming fatigued from 2 to 1
  • Handguns
    • Tweaked damage
    • Staggers pack masters
    • Tweaked Active Reload window: This affects when you can press 'R' to reload faster.
  • Crossbows
    • Increased headshot damage multiplier
    • Increased damage
    • Tweaked Active Reload window: This affects when you can press 'R' to reload faster.
    • Increased ammo capacity

Markus Kruber
  • Blunderbusses
    • Increased damage
    • Now deals damage to armoured enemies when close
    • Increased attack speed on secondary push
  • 2h Hammers
    • Reduced number of dodges before becoming fatigued from 2 to 1
  • Handguns
    • Tweaked damage
    • Now Staggers Packmasters
  • 2h Swords
    • Light attack: Increased number of targets hit
    • Heavy attack: Reduced attack speed slightly
    • Increased attack range
  • 1h swords
    • Increased attack speed
    • Increased damage of third light attack in chain
    • Increased number of targets hit by light attack(s)
  • Repeating Handgun
    • Increased damage to armoured targets
    • Improved accuracy
    • Tweaked bullet spray attack
    • Increased attack speed

Kerillian
  • Dual wield daggers
    • Overhaul: Light attacks are now fast-firing slashes that chain into each other
    • Heavy stab deals more damage
  • Dual wield sword and dagger
    • Tweaked push stab
  • Dual wield swords
    • Heavy attack: Reduced number of targets hit - Increased damage vs armor
    • Increased number of block shields from 2 to 3
  • Longbows
    • Light shot pierces armor
  • Trueflight Longbow
    • Non-charged shots now use trueflight behaviour but cannot lock on to targets
    • Reduced max ammo
    • Tweaked trueflight behaviour - See general changes
  • Swiftbows
    • Increased light shot damage
    • Aimed shot now pierces armour and deals headshot damage
    • Increased ammo
    • Removed headshotting multiplier on light attack
  • Hagbane Swiftbow
    • Reduced friendly fire damage
  • Glaive
    • Increased light attack speed
    • Reduced light attack damage

Victor Saltzpyre
  • 1h axes
    • Increased damage
    • Increased attack speed
    • Increased number of block shields from 2.5 to 3
  • Brace of Pistols
    • Increased damage to armoured targets
    • Improved accuracy
    • Added Headshot multiplier
    • Increased max ammo
  • 2h Swords
    • Heavy attack: Reduced attack-speed slightly
    • Increased attack range
  • Crossbows
    • Increased damage
    • Decreased reload speed
  • Repeating Pistol
    • Tweaked headshot multiplier
    • Increased spread on bullet spray attack
    • Increased quick shot damage

FIXES and TWEAKS
    Interface
    • It is no longer possible to pick up an item if you are already carrying an item of that type unless you have the Deep Pockets trait (chance to duplicate item on picking up). We made this change due to new players often finding this to be confusing
    • Added warning message when turning in contracts without having a quest equipped
    • Added a new Gamma slider image for increased clarity
    • Default Keybinding for Give Item is now E
    • Swapping to PS4 Controller Icons now properly changes the key binding image to a PS4 Controller
    • Fixed an issue where healthbars could get stuck on screen for level objectives
    • It is now possible to die from fall damage on all difficulties when at full health.
    • Fixed an issue where healthbars could display incorrect health
    • Revive tooltip now clamps to sides when players face another direction
    • Fixed an issue where Matchmaking UI could disappear for the Host
    • Fixed an issue with Hero Selection being blocked during matchmaking despite not being marked as Ready
    • Lobby Browser: Filtering on Joinable Games will now remove games which are either full, private or running a difficulty you have yet to unlock
    • Lobby browser will now only show missions that are unlocked in the mission filter
    • Added new Rescue Icon
    • Fixed an issue where matchmaking UI could be invisible for clients in the Inn
    • Added objective markers for where to place Explosive Barrels, Statues and Sacks
    • Fixed an issue where tooltips would occasionally get stuck outside the screen area
    • Updated to new UI frame system to increase stability and performance
    • fix for survival level markers floating in the air for clients when an area opens with pickups
    • Changed wording on the lobby browser for missions and difficulty from Random to Any
    • Changed wording for DLC content that you don't own
    • Fixed Issue with Grimoire icon getting misaligned when spectating another player
    • No longer incorrectly shows key prompt for rescuing player from hook when being dead and having bled out from being hoisted by Packmaster
    • Fix for Weapon icon not being visible when switching to gamepad from keyboard and having a pickup equipped

Bots
    • Bots no longer rapidly switch between weapons whilst reviving
    • Bots are now more eager to help a player in need (revive, heal etc.) when in combat
    • Bots can no longer deal damage to explosive Barrels
    • Bots are now more eager to use their ranged weapons against Ratling Gunners
    • Bots are no longer repeatedly resetting rescue attempts of player hoisted by packmaster
    • Bots now Block-Revive. Woot
    • Bots can no longer glide around after getting parry-broken
    • Bots should no longer fall out of the world

Weapons/Trinkets/Hats/Traits
    • Star of the Sisterhood trinket no longer triggers a barrel when carried and an ally gets hit
    • Fixed an issue with the Skirmisher Trait on Beam Staff
    • Fixed spread on bolt-staff
    • Fixed an issue with the effect on Conflagration Staff
    • Default Headgear can no longer be salvaged
    • Fixed an issue with the feathers on Empire Soldier hats
    • Fix for bug preventing Charm of the Hedge Wizard Star of the Sisterhood trinkets to spread heals while both are equipped
    • Rehauled Mastercrafted to make it more viable for aimed shot

Enemies
    • Fixed bug where player heard Rat Ogre roar but there were no Rat Ogre in the level
    • Fixed a bug that made enemies skate
    • Adjusted Hitboxes on the following enemies to more accurately represent the models (In some cases, additions have been made such as including the backpack on the Globadier which previously did not react to hits):
      • Clan Rat
      • Slave Rat
      • Loot Rat
      • Grey Seer
      • Gutter Runner
      • Packmaster
      • Stormvermin
      • Ratling Gunner
      • Globadier
      • Rat Ogre
    • Clan Rats no longer get stuck in a frozen state when dying in gas clouds
    • Gutter Runner: Removed double death voice
    • Gutter Runner: Removed offset to make the effect always appear at the gutter runners position when despawning
    • Gutter Runner: Reduced delay for gutter runner to despawn when ragdolling
    • Gutter Runner: No longer leaving invisible corpses
    • Gutter Runner: Fix for cape being seen at strange angle
    • Gutter Runner should no longer get stuck in various places
    • Gutter Runner shouldn’t now get stuck if aborting a mid air jump when having a high-ground opportunity
    • Gutter Runner shold no longer roll through gates on host machines
    • Loot Rat: Added a sound cue when getting close to one of the pesky little critters
    • Loot Rat: Improved behaviour
    • Packmaster: Fixed bug in idle animation
    • Packmaster: Fixed bug that caused it to appear like the Packmaster dragged player through the floor
    • Packmaster: Fixed bug that made the Packmaster's claw visible when player got hooked whilst recovering from previous hook attempt
    • Packmaster: Fixed an issue where Packmasters would slide on the ground after hanging players
    • Ratling Gunner: Fix for crash when one starts trying to shoot you. In the face
    • Rat Ogre will now use the correct animation scaling when climbing fences
    • Rat Ogre should no longer fall through the ground when attempting to abort a midair in jump
    • Rat Ogre should no longer phase through a wall when hit by a bomb
    • Fixed a bug where water buckets could end up floating in the air if Skaven Slaves were killed whilst carrying them... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Stormvermin Patrols should no longer get stuck whilst patrolling
    • Stormvermin Patrols are.. erm... scarier on Hard and above difficulty settings. Enjoy!
    • Stormvermin Patrols now have reduced aggro range towards bots

VO
    • Added missing lines for healing draughts
    • Added missing Polish lines for *ragged breathing* when Bardin is low on health
    • Fixed a number of missing translations
    • Witcher hunter no longer says "There is the hag, get the horses ready!" when there is no cart nor horses around on Black Powder
    • Fixed a inconsistency of the Russian translation of "Stormvermin" throughout the game
    • Fixed various VO that couldn't be heard

Levels
    • Red Moon Inn: Moved the Bounty Board away from the stairs
    • Black Powder: Fixied exploit with bridges and AI
    • Castle Drachenfels: Fixed an issue with the sky
    • Castle Drachenfels: Fixed a respawn issue at the Chalice Event
    • Castle Drachenfels: Fixed a missing roof at the escape event
    • The Enemy Below: Fix for geometry holes
    • The Enemy Below: Fix to prevent players being knocked out of level boundaries
    • The Enemy Below: Umbra issue fixes
    • The Enemy Below: fix for AI pathing issues where bots could not reach tomes
    • The Enemy Below: Fixed a location where you could get stuck
    • Engines of War: Fixed a location where an invisible blocker would stop you from grabbing certain pickups
    • Engines of War: Fixed an audio related crash
    • Engines of War: Fixed a location where Rat Ogres could get stuck
    • Engines of War: Updated cellar door with functionality denying anyone from closing them while there is a character in the stairs to avoid the glitch with characters being both inside and outside
    • Engines of War: Fixed a location where players got stuck
    • Engines of War: Fixed some collision issues with forest rocks
    • The Fall: Fix to prevent Skaven spawning in the loot rooms
    • Garden of Morr: Fix for players getting stuck on the end event spiral staircase
    • Garden of Morr: Geometry fixes to avoid players getting stuck in staircase
    • Garden of Morr: Umbra issue fixes
    • Garden of Morr: Collision fixes to avoid floating Skavens
    • Garden of Morr: Fixed bug causing players to get stuck in the beginning
    • The Horn of Magnus: Fix for bots getting stuck in the tavern before the climb to the roof tops
    • The Horn of Magnus: Umbra issue fixes
    • The Horn of Magnus: AI-path fixes for bots
    • The Horn of Magnus: Fix for player spawns into unloaded part of level when hot-joining
    • The Horn of Magnus: Fixed some minor art issues
    • The Horn of Magnus: Fixed a location where Rat Ogres could get stuck in idle state
    • The Horn of Magnus: Added collision to the bar counter
    • Man the Ramparts: Overhaul of spawners and nav mesh
    • Smuggler's Run: Fixed a location where bots could fall through the world
    • Smuggler's Run: Fixed minor art issues
    • Smuggler's Run: Added ledges where there should be ledges
    • Smuggler's Run: Fixed an issue where you could see through the level
    • Summoner's Peak: Fix for Skavens getting stuck by portal or in mid-air
    • Summoner's Peak: Fixed bug preventing bots to rescue player from dying at a specific location
    • Summoner's Peak: Fix for cases where players found it difficult to climb a plank after the first generator
    • Supply and Demand: fix for AI pathing issues where bots could not reach tomes
    • Supply and Demand: Spawner and navmesh overhaul to avoid boss spawns under mesh
    • Waterfront: Fixed a location where you could get stuck in a warehouse
    • Waterfront: Fix for Rat ogre not able to hit player when standing on a torch
    • Well Watch: Fix for unreachable ammo box
    • Well Watch: Fixed health bar on well that wasn't visible for player hot-joining the map.
    • The White Rat: Fix to remove seeing quick glimpse of the players after the end cut-scene
    • The White Rat: Fixed an issue where a light beam looked pixelated
    • The White Rat: Removed an invisible blocker
    • The White Rat: Fixes for how the end event is triggered
    • The Wizard's Tower: Fixed some issues with the Loot Rat
    • The Wizard's Tower: Minor geometry fixes
    • The Wizard's Tower: Fixed minor hole in the roof

Misc
    • Stagger rewrite. Staggers are now done the same way on host and client (used to always use mover on client)
      • Skaven whom have been shoved are now shoved the same way and distance for host and client
      • Skaven shoved in to a wall should no longer be able to walk through the wall after getting back up
      • Skaven shoved off a ledge or from height should now fall properly for clients as well as host
    • Changed the amount of players required to kick players down to 2 from 3
    • Now allowing player vote-kicks in private games
    • Fixed issue with players level not being assigned in the tab-menu
    • Fixed so grenades uses the same "give" functionality as potions/healing draughts use
    • Fixed it so now player doesn't keep crouch movement when hanging on ledge while crouching
    • Fixed skavens frozen in death animation
    • Bug fix for Critter Rat sliding when digging
    • Player will no longer become pizza if hitting the ground from fall while having lagspike
    • Fixed a bright flash that appeared when opening or closing menu while bleed indicator is visible on screen
    • Fixed bug causing VoIP to crash
    • Fixed so that overcharge buffs are removed when the weapon is destroyed
    • Fixed settings menu so that players no longer need to click "Apply Changes" if no new values were set
    • Fixed a graphical issue that caused the representation of contracts to be reset upon revive
    • Fixed graphical issue with Bright Wizard's hats occurring after equipping a specific hat
    • Fix to avoid OP glaive/true-flight overkill values
    • Fixed a shadow issue
    • Fixed so grenade ammo is removed when it is thrown instead of it being delayed until the end of the action
    • Fixed an issue affecting shadows
    • Fixed reload exploits
    • Witch Hunter: Removed the misleading fencing sword and brace of pistols clip counters, we now only show remaining ammo
    • Fix to prevent walk animation to play while interacting with objects
    • Fixed issue with clients not being able to connect to host via matchmaking on PC. - Cleaned up how we are handling post game notifications to connecting clients
    • Fixed an issue with mouse scroll going in the wrong direction when switching weapon
    • Fixed an error with contract progress
    • Fix for Volley Crossbow bolt swaying around when spectating
    • Fix for Red seal on Quests in blocking the "completed" text
    • Fixed a bug where player being stabbed by Gutter Runner could be pushed away from the Gutter Runner by a Stormvermin.
    • Fix for enemies spawning in players face (we fixed the cases where it was possible, but there is still some instances where it can happen due to our inability to restrict player movement after spawn trigger)
    • Fixed an art issue with chests
    • Made a number of staircases easier to walk up. "Stairs going up, beautiful!"
    • Fixed an issue where loot dice would spawn incorrectly when opening chests
    • Fixed an issue where certain weapons could fall through the ground
    • Tweaked distance fading on blood decals to reduce flickering
    • Fixed an issue with network syncing of AoE weapons
    • Fixed a number of issues with ragdolls
    • Fixed strange spine twist angle in ragdolls
    • Fixed an issue where Heroes would babble at the same time during Hero Selection
    • Fixed an issue where some users would experience huge delays interacting with the Bounty Board
    • Fixed a rare issue where some players experienced issues if they started a game after interacting with the Bounty Board
    • Fixed Double Tap Dodge
    • Fixed missplaced Label on Healing Draught

Crashes
    • Fixed a crash related to traits which grant Stamina
    • Fixed crash with overcharge weapons when switching game states
    • Fixed a crash which could occur when opening the Bounty Board
    • Fixed a crash in the camera system
    • Fixed a crash related to enemy navigation
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when player trying to respond to an invite while someone else is joining the first player
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when one client kicked another client
    • Fixed a crash that occurred when interacting with a player whom disconnected.
    • Fixed a crash for host caused by client picking up speed potion
    • Fixed occasional crash when equipping Bright Wizard’s Candlelight Guard mask
    • Fixed possible crash when client changed hero and pressed F2 in the same time as the host started the level
    • Fixed crash bug caused by Charged Fireball
    • Fixed crash bug that occurred when joining friend through the Steam overlay
    • Fixed crash issue that caused players that are trying to join a game and the gets a popup during loading that resulted in returning to inn
    • Fixed crash when a player is trying to join a level and gets denied
    • Fixed crash that occurred for clients if host left the game when in "next level voting screen" or left the Inn
    • Fixed crash occurring when hot-joining a game
    • Fixed crash occurring when grabbed by Packmaster
    • Fixed crash occurring in loading screen when joining lobby
    • Fixed crash when skipping intro video
    • Fix for possible crash when handing in boon rewards
    • Fixed crash in dice game
    • Fixed level completion crash
    • Fix for crash when a Gutter Runner flew past the player

BETA CHANGELOG
    These changes were specifically done based on community feedback during the beta for this patch. We'd like to thank all those who participated and gave us feedback!
    • Fixed bug that caused Stormvermin to shrink when it ragdolled
    • Fixed bug that made it possible for enemies to get pinned on breakable objects
    • Fixed an issue where trinkets would be incorrectly rotated on Sienna Fuegonasus
    • Fixed bug that caused handgun to sometimes fire after using consumable
    • Added an all new Dwarf corpse to Chain of Fire. Find it.. if you dare
    • Fixed bug that caused enemies to slide
    • Fixed rare crash occurring where no place could be found to spawn a horde
    • Fixed rare crash when gutter runner failed to pounce target from a high ledge
    • Fixed crash that could occur when encountering Ratling Gunner while having low FPS
    • Fixed crash that could occur when Loot Rat played a specific animation
    • Tweaked Devastating Blow's severity based on weapon size
    • Tweaked True Flight to 'feel better'. Give it a go. Let us know what you think!
    • Chain of Fire: Fixed spawning bugs
    • Chain of Fire: Added extra space in the trading post area
    • Chain of Fire: Fixed bug that caused subtitle error on the end event
    • Chain of Fire: Improved pressure plate functionality on end event
    • Chain of Fire: Improved the volume system for triggering plate
    • Man the Ramparts: Fixed a bug that caused noticeable portions of the environment to disappear
    • Smuggler's Run: Fixed bug that prevented sound from playing
    • Fixed crouch bug for Victor
    • Lohner has restocked the Red Moon Inn with delicious ammo
    • Fix for incorrect difficulty display on loading screen when joining
    • Various crash fixes
    • Fixed issue with players being able to control their character during cut-scenes after closing the chat.
    • Fixed the Packmaster from being silent at times.
    • Gutter Runner no longer able to pounce players/bots who have respawned in bound state
    • Fixed issue with controller settings only getting applied directly if you change the setting with the gamepad controller on PC.
    • Fix block interrupt when opening chest
    • Fixed heavy attacks dealing the wrong damage
    • Fixed the beards of dwarf corpses :-{|}
    • Fixed overlapping texts in chat when using font sizes bigger than 24
    • Fix for VOIP not working in some circumstances

PatrThom

PatrThom

...so basically, it's almost a completely different game, oh and they improved headshotting and made light attacks work more like Street Fighter.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

...so basically, it's almost a completely different game, oh and they improved headshotting and made light attacks work more like Street Fighter.

--Patrick
They also reduced the heat buildup on the bright wizards. But yeah, the dwarf 1 handed hammer having its hit limit removed is immense. When we were playing regularly, I barely ever used the hammer, it was something just to hold in my off hand while I beat everything with my shield.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I totally missed that there's a new Vermintide DLC with a dwarf-themed level.

Anybody wanna kill some rats this weekend? I've already bought the DLC, and the way the game works, only the host has to have it for the group to play it.

Terrik

Terrik

:unibrow:

GasBandit

GasBandit

YOU HAVE TO STAY AWAKE TO PLAY

Terrik

Terrik

YOU HAVE TO STAY AWAKE TO PLAY
Haha, that's exactly what Jun says.

:(

Snuffleupagus

Snuffleupagus

I'm in.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

GasBandit

GasBandit

Alright, so now we need one more. @Dei @Denbrought @Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Alright, so now we need one more. @Dei @Denbrought @Ravenpoe
You know I'm always game, assuming you aren't playing late at night. Working early mornings sucks.

GasBandit

GasBandit

What would everyone say to, say, 8pm eastern saturday?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

What would everyone say to, say, 8pm eastern saturday?
I can handle that

Dei

Dei

You can always text me if you end up needing more. I have no idea if I'm doing anything this weekend, but 8pm eastern is probably too early for me.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You can always text me if you end up needing more. I have no idea if I'm doing anything this weekend, but 8pm eastern is probably too early for me.
I understand, but much later than that and you know how Terrik tends to turn into a pumpkin halfway through the level.

Dei

Dei

I have the advantage of not needing to worry about school shit because my kids have spring break next week though.

Terrik

Terrik

I understand, but much later than that and you know how Terrik tends to turn into a pumpkin halfway through the level.
That's it. I'm going to take a nap Saturday afternoon.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Just a reminder folks, Vermintide tonight starting 8pm eastern. Terrik managed to stay up with us until 2 am playing Killing Floor 2 last night, and he's taking a nap this afternoon, so this one might just work out for once :p

Dei

Dei

You let him stay up that late on Friday? You're fucked.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Just a reminder folks, Vermintide tonight starting 8pm eastern. Terrik managed to stay up with us until 2 am playing Killing Floor 2 last night, and he's taking a nap this afternoon, so this one might just work out for once :p
I might have to bow out of this one, because Verizon is being a bitch and throttling my internet, and steam is estimating 12 hours to update.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@Snuffleupagus Wheeeere the hell are ya

GasBandit

GasBandit

I am motherfuckin John Woo when I have drakefire pistols.

Dei

Dei

GasBandit

GasBandit

In my defense, I was 3 sheets to the wind and it made an arrow-hit sound effect when the stormvermin got hit.

Also, reviewing my own footage, it turns out that the time I got downed on the pressure plate was because I lost track of my heat buildup and my drakefire pistols exploded >_<

Maybe I should see if that evening is worth condensing to a video after all.

Dei

Dei

In my defense, I was 3 sheets to the wind and it made an arrow-hit sound effect when the stormvermin got hit.

Also, reviewing my own footage, it turns out that the time I got downed on the pressure plate was because I lost track of my heat buildup and my drakefire pistols exploded >_<

Maybe I should see if that evening is worth condensing to a video after all.
Well I have video too if you want it

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Sounds incriminating.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'll bear that in mind. But first I'm gonna have to go through my own footage and see if there's enough witticism to make a video, and whittle down 3 hours of footage to that. Then, I dunno, you'd have the same banter recorded I do, right? Did something else entertaining happen from your POV that I'd have missed? Or did you maybe keep going after I retired? :p

PatrThom

PatrThom

Sounds incinerating.
FTFY

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, I opened up Premiere last night and still sitting there was my old half-done Viscera Cleanup Detail footage from January. I guess time aged it well, because it seems a lot more video-worthy than it did when last I watched it. So I've decided to finish it first. I'm also captioning it kinda like SovietWomble, just for "giggles." That makes it take a lot longer. I've got six minutes captioned, and I've started trimming more fat to reduce the run time. It was 20 minutes, now it is down to 15, and I hope it will continue to shrink similarly as I go, so that I can get it to 10 minutes or so. I anticipate this to take another 2, maybe 3 days.

After that, I'll have a look at the Vermintide footage.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Ugh. SO much of my footage is us standing around in the inn while I try to guide Snuffles through testing his computer's power switch via google hangout. Which means it was on my stream, too >_<

GasBandit

GasBandit

And another three hours becomes 10 meme-sprinkled minutes.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I came for the Tito's, but I stayed for the JoJo references.