vBulletin v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, the vBulletin.com forum is now beta testing the new v4 software. This is how we're going to HAVE to look until we get a style made for us. Please note that NOBODY will have a choice as to their style at first.

Also, we're going to be losing a lot of addons that may or may not be rewritten for v4.

Here's what it's going to look like.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

Please let me know what you think of this look.

I will miss the Serenity and WarC styles but the new default does look much better than the current default

Dave

Staff member
Also, from the v4 developers:

Developer said:
User said:
You'd figure in this era, that vBulletin would have a mobile version all ready to go out of the box.

With so many people using mobile browsers as their main internet, it should be a no-brainer​

This is one of several new things that are in the works.

Dave

Staff member
Update:

vBulletin is now in Beta5 and is looking to go Release Candidate (RC) 1 in a few days. Then, BEFORE New Years they are looking to release the Gold version. When that happens Ame will have carte blanche to dink around. Once she's satisfied, we're going to be shutting down the boards, backing everything up and upgrading to the new software. I HOPE we can do this on January 1, 2010 but we're at the mercy of vBulletin release schedule and until Ame says it's ready it's not ready.

Just keeping you up to date.

Again, if you want to check out the test board and see if you can break it, you can go to http://test.halforums.com.

Fixed URL. - Ame

Status
Not open for further replies.