USANA - Scam, Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a friend on Facebook (actually, the artist who did the cover for my book) who is trying to get me sign up with a company he works for called USANA. And honestly, the more he tries (quite adamantly, I might add) to sell me on it, the less I'm interested.

The more he describes it, the more it sounds like a pyramid scheme or scam.

My google-fu isn't that great, so maybe others could find some solid proof of this? At some point, I'm just going to tell the guy to stop asking me about it because I really don't want to sell something to friends and family.

I did find one quite interesting blog:
http://www.usanawatchdog.blogspot.ca/

Yeah, that's pretty much what I was thinking. As soon as I read that you pay a monthly fee to be a member and pay for the products, I said, "Yeah, no. Screw that."

Well, he kept pushing and pushing it on me, so I finally told him flat out that I'm not interested and please don't bring it up with me again. I was polite about it, but if he kept pushing, I would've told him to fuck off.

When has "hey, this sounds like a pyramid scheme" ever NOT been a pyramid scheme?
I would go so far as to say "when has anything that sounds like a scam ever NOT been a scam?"

Sure there are the rare exceptions, but generally speaking if something sounds too good or too dodgy to be legit, it almost certainly is.

I didn't want to start a new thread for basically the same thing. I recently found a few of my friends sell and use Advocare "health" supplements. I want to tell them that they are buying into quackery in more than one sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.