Export thread

Ukulele Lady

Cajungal

Cajungal

Urgh. I can sing that song way better, but whatever. I've been practicing for the national anthem in February. Anyway, I think I've gotten a little better. Sorry about the terrible, terrible sound.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

:drool:
:hump:
:heythere:

That wave was absolutely adorable by the way.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hope the music was as nice as the wave. :p

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

Awesome.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yay, thanks! :)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Awww, that was sweet. Good show! :)

Play Freebird!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

very nice. not the song I was hoping for, but probably better.

also, reminds me OF A UKULELE ANECDOTE. I WAS AT A PLACE AND THERE WAS A GUY PLAYING "BROWN-EYED GIRL" ON THE UKE. THIS VIDEO MAKES ME REMEMBER WHEN HE USED TO SAY "SHA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA" AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO UKE.

IN A GOOD WAY.

Hylian

Hylian

very nice :thumbsup:

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

*sigh* I remember when I could sing that well. Puberty was not kind to me, as it dropped my singing voice 2 octaves without letting me sing 2 octaves lower than before. This means my range is very limited these days.

Covar

Covar

Believe it or not I think the sound quality actually enhances things. Makes it sound like an old-timey record.

Hylian

Hylian

Believe it or not I think the sound quality actually enhances things. Makes it sound like an old-timey record.

I was thinking the same thing actually

Rob King

Rob King

I was thinking the same thing actually[/QUOTE]

This.

Gusto

Gusto

Woo!

Cajungal

Cajungal

:) Thanks everybody. I guess it does sound old timey. :p

Next up: "When I'm 64"

Espy

Espy

Wow Cajun... that is really good :D

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

:angry:

I have some time to wait to hear the song I want to hear

Philosopher B.

Very soothing. I feel like I should be listening to this whilst floating along in a canoe.

Also, fourthed or what-have-you on it having a pleasant 'old-timey' feel.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I have some time to wait to hear the song I want to hear[/QUOTE]

What song did you want? Anyone else feel free to chime in too... just remember that I'm new at this. :eek:
also thanks again everyone ^_^

Lally

CG you are too fricken cute! Your voice is lovely.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

That was adorable. It actually brightened up what has been a completely shitty night.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I have some time to wait to hear the song I want to hear[/QUOTE]

What song did you want? Anyone else feel free to chime in too... just remember that I'm new at this. :eek:
also thanks again everyone ^_^[/QUOTE]

I won't say which one. I just blame you for my dissatisfaction. And also everything else.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I request:

"The Portal Song"! It was MADE for a voice and instrument like yours!

Wahad

Wahad

also thanks again everyone ^_^
Try 'Friendly Neighborhood Spiderman'! (I know that's not the title of the song, but this guy I know who also has an uke played it alot on a camping trip. It works pretty good.)

Cajungal

Cajungal

I actually have been looking for "Still Alive." I can sing it ok, too. It's my favorite song on Rock Band. :p Well, after that Monkees song...

I might be able to do Spiderman... I found a whole bunch of TMBG tabs someplace.... lemme go check...

callistarya

I loved your song. :D

It made me think of Doris Day. Your voice is very similar. Made me go back to the days when I would sit with my mom and watch old movies all day.

Thanks for giving me a good memory day. I want to go hug my mom now. heh

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

This was totally groovy! Nice job CG! You've progressed nicely! Do you play guitar also? Cause I know you just recently got the uke.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I played guitar for about a year when I was a kid. Then I had to choose between guitar and choir, and I chose choir. I haven't played an instrument since then. I don't really have any interest in the guitar. I like my tiny, portable joy. ^_^ I'm glad this thread got bumped... I have some songs I wanna tape when I'm not in workout clothing.

Cajungal

Cajungal

also, thanks :)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

any gigs coming up?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Actually, my brother lined one up, but he double booked, so it was canceled. It's ok, though. Instead I'm gonna go hear him open for John Cleary. :D

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

would it have rocked hard?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Most likely. ^_^

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

would people have thrown their underwear up onto the stage?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Probably the girls. Women really like my brother. I don't really want men to throw their underwear at me.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

not even if they are hanes?

Cajungal

Cajungal

If they hadn't been used that day.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

hanes, fresh from the dryer

delicately sprayed with Calvin Klein Obsession

Cajungal

Cajungal

Lose the cologne and perhaps. Can I wear them on my head?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

that is what they are designed for

Cajungal

Cajungal

I forgot.

Cajungal

Cajungal

w00t, in the process of uploading something new. It's not my best, voice-wise, but what the hell? It's really low. I think Calleja will like it. ^_^

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

that tells me that this is not "Blame Cajungal" that is being uploaded.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nothing will be uploaded until youtube starts to cooperate. >: (

Gusto

Gusto

TOOBZ.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I HERD TEH NET IS A SEREEZ OF THEES!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh you boys, plugging up my thread with silliness.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I blame the upload failure on you, CG

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well, I'm not even a real ethnicity, anyway.

ThatNickGuy

I liked it! And honestly, I LIKED the old timey style of the video, too. I honestly think it adds to the atmosphere, like it's something we're hearing on an old record or radio broadcast.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm glad most of you think so. :) Although I might try to record some on my brother's mac just to try it out. He's got some great production software.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ok, SUCCESS!!! Finally! This isn't the one for Calleja. That one's a little too low for my voice tonight. It just wasn't working out. So here's another dedicated to Chippy and Mabel...

I'm not in terrific voice tonight, but I wasn't gonna wait. I'm too excited to be back in business!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA_Ppan9xH0[/ame]

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

:tear:

Chippy

Chippy

Mabel! :tear:

(Mabel jokes aside, wow Cajun! What a voice!)

Cajungal

Cajungal

:D Thanks. And thanks for coming after I shamelessly pointed you here. ;)

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Nice job CG! I liked that a bunch! Keep posting!

Lally

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

You are so awesome! [swoon]

Dave

Dave

Zooey Deschanel. I've said it before.

Gusto

Gusto

You best one yet! You're really getting great at that!

And I've never heard that song before, it's beautiful. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's one of my favorites. I love Billie Holiday's rendition, and when "The Notebook" came out, I heard the Jimmy Durante version. That one's really sweet too.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's still cool. Thanks :) And thanks to everyone for listening.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Coming up tonight: A song for Zenmonkey.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

...and here it is.

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

(as soon as the video processes...)

Hylian

Hylian

:clap:

Gusto

Gusto

Lovely!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thanks, guys. :) More this week if I have time.

Dave

Dave

Beautiful, CG.

Just Me

Just Me

Beautiful, CG. That's really classy!

Cajungal

Cajungal

*^_^* Thanks.

TotalFusionOne

Woah, that was CG?

Damn, it's looking more and more real every year.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl: I love you already.

Rob King

Rob King

B-T-Dubs, I showed my brother your youtube account, and he fell in love. I'm sorry, I didn't think it would happen like that.

Seriously though, his first question was whether you had a CD to buy.

Cajungal

Cajungal

B-T-Dubs, I showed my brother your youtube account, and he fell in love. I'm sorry, I didn't think it would happen like that.

:eek: Wow, did he really ask that? Give him a great big hug for me.

I don't have one... but if I keep performing with the little bro, ya never know. ^_^ Jeez, if y'all could see how red my face is right now........

Hylian

Hylian

Woah, that was CG?

Damn, it's looking more and more real every year.

:rimshot:

Cajungal

Cajungal

It took that joke wayyyyyy too long to come up in THIS place. Thank God for the new guy. ^_^

Rob King

Rob King

:eek: Wow, did he really ask that? Give him a great big hug for me.

I don't have one... but if I keep performing with the little bro, ya never know. ^_^ Jeez, if y'all could see how red my face is right now........[/QUOTE]

My brother would now like to know if there is any way he could hear what your brother does. Does he have a youtube account, or myspace?

He's very into music, that one. Spends plenty of time listening to covers on youtube and all that. He's not too shabby himself either.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, absolutely! Trey's a talented and versatile bass player. Stay tuned, I'll post all I can find!

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Not great quality, but here is one... I know he has a networking site too..... one sec!

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

His myspace isn't complete yet, but here's a link to an OOOOOLD CD. He's actually improved since this came out.

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/dirtylaundrymusic

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Nice work, CG! Keep playin', and I'll keep watchin'!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Look for another tonight... provided I can regain what few chops I had. I forgot to bring my uke on my vacation (and even then it probably wouldn't have gotten played) and now my callouses are getting all soft and wussy!

TotalFusionOne

I would have tried to fall in love with you based off of that Youtube clip, but Ross has told me to back off.

So my love has to be implied for now. Especially since it was really good.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Don't fall in love with me, gentlemen. I'm nothing but trouble, and I'll make your back really sore. ;P

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

and thanks ^_^

TotalFusionOne

I though it had something to do with you being engaged. I don't know.

My back is already sore. That's no problem. Point of order though: Hard for your back to get sore when you're down on all fours with a mouth full of CG. Just saying.

Cajungal

Cajungal

..........:confused: *ahem* Anyways.

And no, not engaged. Just in a serious relationship.

TotalFusionOne

Oh, well that's a horse of a different colour then.

Speaking of horse, you ever seen my penis?

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

WTF TFO. Quit being a douche.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I tried, but I can't squint that hard without getting a headache.

TotalFusionOne

A douche? I'm sorry?

Uhhh, how is anything I've done "Douchey?" Was there an insult? Was there an ignoring of peoples feelings? Or are you just "White Knighting" someone in hopes that it will stick? Interesting.

I mean I know I'm new here, but I had JUST read something on the front page of rampant negativity. Is this what they're talking about?

Well played, CG. Well played.

Cajungal

Cajungal

For the record, thank you for looking out for me, DI. I can see where you'd have that kind of reaction, because this dude's new and we don't know much about him yet. I was pretty sure that you were just calling my bluff on the whole stupid innuendo thing that I started anyway, Fusion. So let's just forget about it, shall we? :) Start again, yes?

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

A douche? I'm sorry?

Uhhh, how is anything I've done "Douchey?" Was there an insult? Was there an ignoring of peoples feelings? Or are you just "White Knighting" someone in hopes that it will stick? Interesting.

I mean I know I'm new here, but I had JUST read something on the front page of rampant negativity. Is this what they're talking about?

Well played, CG. Well played.
CG is one of the few people on this board that is genuinely nice. I just didn't appreciate the comments made.

Yes, that's the negativity they're talking about. I think I am a bit knee-jerk sometimes. I guess I should practice what I preach.

Apologies.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thank you. :)

TotalFusionOne

CG is one of the few people on this board that is genuinely nice. I just didn't appreciate the comments made.

Yes, that's the negativity they're talking about. I think I am a bit knee-jerk sometimes. I guess I should practice what I preach.

Apologies.
No problem, you're already tops in my book for being self-aware of what you're doing.

However you should probably consider taking everything I say with a grain of salt because... Well... There's going to be a lot of things like what I said. Also: So she's a nice person. So's my penis.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

:tea:
:falldown:

Gusto

Gusto

:rofl:

It never ends for Seej. Not completely.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nope.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

You're next Gusto!

Gusto

Gusto

Eh?

Cajungal

Cajungal

GET HIM!

Gusto

Gusto

:eek:

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

:hug: No worries Gusto.

:brick:
Tricked you, sucker!

:sorry:

No, I'm not! :fencing:

/passive aggressive

Okay, I'm finished goofing around. :p

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Don't fall in love with me, gentlemen. I'm nothing but trouble
what if danger is my middle name?

Ross

Ross

lol listening comprehension fail, TFO. I said ABOUT TO BE not IS :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

SUCCESS! Ok, this one doesn't sound the way I usually do because I'm still getting over some crud... but I hope ya still enjoy. :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM9w-NyG2xQ[/ame]

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

what if danger is my middle name?[/QUOTE]

Then you MIGHT stand a chance. But you'd have a 6 foot tall, 250 lb guy chasing you.

Calleja

Calleja

That was awesome! :D

Dave

Dave

That was AWESOME!

CG! You are very, very good!

Gusto

Gusto

Very nice! Even if I don't know dem Beatles it was a lovely tune. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

You guys make me so happy. I love sharing these songs with you! ^_^

Bubble181

Bubble181

However, oh lovely lady of the uke variety, is there any chance of an avatar change in your future? I find myself practically incapable of making sexual innuendo-filled comments to you with that avatar. I just feel not up to the task.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hmm, this avatar's even better than I thought! ;P

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'll get over it eventually, don't worry.

...does...does that mean you don't like my attentions given to you? :'( *cancels those 5 dozen bouquets of 12 red roses each for the next sixty days*

Cajungal

Cajungal

I made some pretty good potpourri with the first batch.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I assumed as much. I expected the second batch to be made into tea, the third into soup, and the fourth bathroom refreshant. That's why only from the fifth batch on I had my pheromones sprayed on them :-p

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl: Clever.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hey, a man's gotta have some qualities. Sure isn't my looks, personality, money or smell. :-P

Gurpel

Gurpel

c-c-c-combo breaker.

irc is that way btw

Cajungal

Cajungal

Do what now?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

what if danger is my middle name?[/QUOTE]

Then you MIGHT stand a chance. But you'd have a 6 foot tall, 250 lb guy chasing you.[/QUOTE]

What if another one of my middle names is Badass?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Allen Danger Badass... I don't know, man. Those middle names are pretty intense.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Man, those are all the exterior middle names. Don't forget the interior middle name of Sensitive.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sounds like a warning sign.

Danger: Sensitive Badass

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

The danger is that you might fall in love before you realize what just happened

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, guys with dancing lady gifs as their avatars are pretty irresistible. :p

strawman

strawman

what if danger is my middle name?[/quote]

Then you MIGHT stand a chance. But you'd have a 6 foot tall, 250 lb guy chasing you.[/quote]

What if another one of my middle names is Badass?[/quote]

Preeeeetty sure this nullifies it...

Awesome singing and playing, cg!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Preeeeetty sure this nullifies it...
I could react and go :raspberry:, but instead I'm just going to lean against this wall and be too cool for school. It is how I roll.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Yeah, guys with dancing lady gifs as their avatars are pretty irresistible. :p
That is my understanding

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh good. Just what I wanted in this thread.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

That wall of dancing reminds me of this one time I wore sunglasses, smoked a cigarette, and broke the heart of a naive girl from the American heartland who didn't have much exposure to the world outside of her town.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

She was a good girl, crazy about Elvis. Loved Jesus, and America too.

I'm a bad boy for breaking her heart.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Stay tuned, people who come here for the videos and also allen. :p To celebrate my finished projects, I'm probably gonna post tonight... you know, provided youtube works!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

When I'm not talking about being a sensitive badass, I watch the videos.

strawman

strawman

Stay tuned, people who come here for the videos and also allen. :p To celebrate my finished projects, I'm probably gonna post tonight... you know, provided youtube works!
I'm keeping my eyes peeled!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ew. Ew. EEEEEEW!

strawman

strawman

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, now it's on.

Gusto

Gusto

What happened to you, This Thread?

You used to be about the music.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

This thread sold out to the man. I miss the spirit of pages one and two.

Cajungal

Cajungal

...meanwhile, Cajungal continued to sleep with roadies and drink excessively...

Jay

Jay

Have you always been this cute, or did you have to work at it?

Cajungal

Cajungal

I believe you're looking for my "Ask me Anything" thread. ;P

I was way cuter as a little girl. Now I'm just a short, squat young woman who wishes she could be everyone's bread-baking great aunt.

Jay

Jay

Nah, I just saw your vids... incredibly adorable.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Shucks. :eek:

Cajungal

Cajungal

OKAY. Didn't have much luck uploading over the break, but I hope that will change.

I wrote some fun lyrics of my own and put together a very simple melody (I'm a beginner so don't judge me...) for SOMEONE on this forum. You'll find out who tomorrow if I can post it.... I hope I can. :(

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Can't wait to see! :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

:( It'll be this weekend when I can get a better internet connection. It's not uploading. I promise it's coming!

Calleja

Calleja

It's for Goohsto isn't it?

I can TELL

Cajungal

Cajungal

I dunnooooo.........

Ooh, I also learned "Honey Pie," Calleja... not the crazy-sounding one, though. It's my niece's favorite!

Creature

I LOVE your voice! Love love love! Did you sing alto or soprano in chorus? I like to sing too. I was in chorus for only my senior year in HS, but I sang with church choirs/bands before that. I did soprano most of the time, but I'd rather do alto. I wish I had the time to sing and play guitar like I used to *sigh*.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

:( It'll be this weekend when I can get a better internet connection. It's not uploading. I promise it's coming!
When?

Cajungal

Cajungal

If you or anyone else can help me figure out an easy way to record stuff without the use of my video software (now crashing all over the place) or youtube (never uploads successfully) then very soon. Otherwise, I have no idea. :(

Cajungal

Cajungal

I LOVE your voice! Love love love! Did you sing alto or soprano in chorus? I like to sing too. I was in chorus for only my senior year in HS, but I sang with church choirs/bands before that. I did soprano most of the time, but I'd rather do alto. I wish I had the time to sing and play guitar like I used to *sigh*.
Aw, thank you! I was a mezzo in choir. I can't do the crazy-high soprano stuff, and I feel more natural doing lower tunes. Always tryin' to push myself, though. One of my instructors tried to make me into a soprano. That didn't work.

And finally.... FINALLY... an update! I guess my comp's gone through enough updates that this built-in media thingie has decided to work again. This first update's for my godchild, but I'll show it here, too.

Cajungal

Cajungal

...I promise there'll be less silly stuff later.

Rob King

Rob King

That was great.

Makes me want to finally take out my Ukulele I got for Christmas and play with it. But it's 12:30 right now, and I have roommates.

Cajungal

Cajungal

They'll thank you, Rob. They'll thank you for the joy. :p

Gusto

Gusto

You'll find out who tomorrow if I can post it.... I hope I can. :(
:(

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oops. :oops: Heheh. I forgot about that one. NEXT up *sheepish grin* I'd do it tonight if I were home..... Y'all are gonna like it. ^_^ It's fun.

Gusto

Gusto

Haha I don't mean to be such a dick about it, and Lord knows I'm never punctual with creative things I say I'm gonna do.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, that's true.... DRAW, DAMN YOU!

Gusto

Gusto

:Leyla:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Do it bundle of sticks.

Calleja

Calleja

Do it, british word for cigarrette

darkangel6988

Ur video was great Cajungal :) Can't wait to see more. Your very talented xo

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's here, it's here! The halforums song is HERE! I wanted to record a better one, but my computer's still acting up, so this will do. I'm no songwriter, so legitimate musicians be gentle!

Gusto

Gusto

These are my faces right now.

:D

Cajungal

Cajungal

My song was so good that you had to grow a SECOND FACE to completely express your joy?

I rock.

Gusto

Gusto

Why has no one commented on this?

Dave

Dave

That was great!!!

I didn't even see she'd put up a new song!

You can be her etcetera!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wasn't sure if people would get that part. :p

Gusto

Gusto

:)

Dave

Dave

That's FRONT PAGE NEWS, baby!

Gusto

Gusto

Famous.

Cajungal

Cajungal

OH DANG!

Ya know, I was going to offer to have a Vent or Skype session or something a couple of nights during my AotM time to play some live stuff--screwups and all. :p

Gusto

Gusto

Oh nice.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well, I never get to voice chat with people here, and I really love it. I thought it could be fun. And I figure if anyone else plays something maybe they could jump in, too. :) Halforums jam session!

Gusto

Gusto

I will beat box.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Ukulele + beat box = the perfect band. :p Actually I'd like to throw a theramin or a didgeridoo in there.

Philosopher B.

Awesome, as usual. :)

Also, the more I hear the ukelele, the more I get the urge to get one myself. They just sound so danged melodious.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Do it! They're so much fun, and it's pretty easy to learn. It's a great way to pass the time when you're bored... just strum and hum away.

Gusto

Gusto

That's how I do my beatboxing too. Lately I've been on a Chemical Brothers bender.

Cajungal

Cajungal

...and yet there's no Gusto's Beatboxing thread in our artist's corner. I demand either a beatboxing video or a charming/hilarious drawing by the end of the week, mister. THE END OF THE WEEK!

Calleja

Calleja

Wait, so learning the ukulele is easier than learning, say, guitar?

How MUCH easier?

Cajungal

Cajungal

I only played guitar for a year, but I vaguely remember it. I guess it's not that much easier, but I don't have to travel far on that tiny neck, and the strings don't hurt me like metal ones do.

Gusto

Gusto

...and yet there's no Gusto's Beatboxing thread in our artist's corner.
I just do it RECREATIONALLY and not for the FAME or BAGS OF MONEY.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

I demand either a beatboxing video or a charming/hilarious drawing by the end of the week, mister. THE END OF THE WEEK!
This makes you the second Cajun Halforums woman to demand a charming/hilarious drawing from me today, and it's only 1:30.

Cajungal

Cajungal

...and yet there's no Gusto's Beatboxing thread in our artist's corner.
I just do it RECREATIONALLY and not for the FAME or BAGS OF MONEY.[/QUOTE]

*shame* :cry:

Gusto

Gusto

Aw. :(

I didn't mean to make you cry I just beatbox on a professional level or anything.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:laugh: Just messin around, goober.

Cajungal

Cajungal

might as well

Gusto

Gusto

My favourite part was that you were quizzically looking at the lyrics like "Really? Really!?"

Espy

Espy

Greatest thing ever! I loved that look Gusto is talking about as well... so funny.

Calleja

Calleja

Get Back/I'm Looking Through You!!

FREEBIIIIRD!!

Dave

Dave

My request.

Cajungal

Cajungal

My favourite part was that you were quizzically looking at the lyrics like "Really? Really!?"
Heheeheee, thanks :D Glad you enjoyed!

Dave, I know that song!! I don't know if it's just like that rendition... I can't watch videos ATM... but i can definitely play it.

Calleja

Calleja

I ASKED FIRST! :angry:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah but I already did a Beatles song. Plus I like making you flip out... like you did on that island west of.... well you know. :p

Calleja

Calleja

Well, I'm going to be perfectly calm about being indignant about it just to spite you, then. :humph:

Cajungal

Cajungal

You're adorable no matter what you do. I've trapped you!

Calleja

Calleja

PENIS!! MENSTRUATION SANDWICH!! GROSS UN-ADORABLE THINGS!!

Cajungal

Cajungal

:hug:

Gusto

Gusto

Don't worry Cally, you annoy the fuck outta me. ;)

Calleja

Calleja

wait, really? :cry:

Null

Null

I'd like to request Guster's "Amsterdam" - found the tabs for ya. http://letsplayukulele.com/ukulele/tabs/tab/guster-amsterdam:17474/

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wow, thanks for actually finding the chords too! That was very considerate. I'll check it out after the weekend. ;)

Gusto

Gusto

Ukulady.

(drunk.)

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's still being processed but should be ready soon. I'm no soprano, as you can tell, but I hope you like it, Dave.

Dave

Dave

You, my dear, are getting better and better.

Brava!

Gusto

Gusto

That was lovely. :wub:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thanks, guys. :) I tried transcribing it into a lower key, but this one had the easiest chord progressions, so I just stuck with it.

Hey, Kev, did you ever beatbox for your dare?!

Calleja

Calleja

Wow seej, you could have charged for that in itunes or something, that was awesome.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Nice work, CG! Great song.

:cry: Brother Iz's version makes me sad, but in a good way.

Dave

Dave

Nice work, CG! Great song.

:cry: Brother Iz's version makes me sad, but in a good way.
The celebration of the scattering of his ashes is very touching. Great video.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thanks everybody. :)

Hey does anyone remember who requested that Pearl Jam song and which song it was? I don't want them to think I've forgotten. As for Still Alive (back from page 1) I'm still having trouble with that one. Workin on it though. Wish Batdan was still here... I learned "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head."

Calleja

Calleja

...what about MY requests? YOu made me think they were next in line!! *sobs*

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's coming, it's coming! You already got When I'm 64!

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

CG, I don't know if you've seen this guy, but he has a style I think you'd appreciate.

^This would be my request.

Calleja

Calleja

Yeah, see, as much as I LOVED your rendition of 64, I didn't really ASK for it, so, uh, it's not a request is it?... uh so you still haven't heeded any of MY requests and... uh

alright, I got nothing. :angry:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Heeheehee. I'm hoping to make more videos now that the semester is winding down. Wanna have a lotta stuff up by August. So it shouldn't be too long. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Wow, I love that dude's voice. I guess I could try that one. I'll get a lot of jokes from my dad. I can hear him now: "Is this a personal mission statement of yours, Leslie?" "Har har, dad."

Calleja

Calleja

It Won't Be Long?

Gusto

Gusto

Hey, Kev, did you ever beatbox for your dare?!
Either my mic has been co-opted, or there have been family around to judge me. :(

I will most likely be able to do it tomorrow, but I have no idea how it's gonna translate to audio file, seeing as how much I hate the sound of my own voice, especially recorded.

Steven Soderburgin

Look, I know Gusto already made this joke in the thread, but legit can we change the thread title to "Ukulady"

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well I specifically named it that because of the song of the same name... so nope! I only take song requests, not thread-naming ones! :humph:

Piotyr

Piotyr

I'd love to see a rendition of "It's not easy being green". I think the music and voice would work out well for that. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man I love that song. Shirley Horn's performance of it is magic. I could try it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Here you go, Null. :)

Null

Null

I like it!

Rob King

Rob King

My request.

I tried to figure it out on my accordion today. I worked out the chorus, but the verses are in some sort of minor key, which is a place that my accordion can't go.

Philosopher B.

It's still being processed but should be ready soon. I'm no soprano, as you can tell, but I hope you like it, Dave.

ZOMG. That was absolutely beautiful. You should do The Rainbow Connection.

Null

Null

CG, can you do a version of "The Diary of Jane" by Breaking Benjamin?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thanks everybody! I'll look into your songs. :)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

You're doing requests?

Well, lay me down, paint me red, call me sally, fuck me gently, and sue me for slander.

http://www.jonathancoulton.com/songdetails/Skullcrusher Mountain#

Cajungal

Cajungal

Still processing, but here you are: "More than you know." I'm still a bit froggy from a sinus infection, so excuse any huskiness.

Morphine

Morphine

Do you know The Tallest Man on Earth?
He's a swedish folk singer/songwriter that I LOOOVE.

"Where do my bluebirds fly" or "I won't be found" are my favorite ones, if you ever feel like pleasing me (ha ha) you should do one of those =)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Noted. :) I try to do as many requests as I can. Never heard of the guy, but they sound like charming songs. And I love folk!

KCWM

KCWM

The Pearl Jam request was for "Soon Forget". http://www.alligatorboogaloo.com/uke/tabs/050526.html appears to be the chords/lyrics.

This thread is good. I started my music thread in hopes of doing a song a weekend, but I've just not had the motivation to do it...well the lack of responses too. I'm glad to see you're still playing, recording, and putting yourself out there. It's really hard to do, as most musicians have too thin of a skin (myself included).

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thank you! I hadn't forgotten! I'm glad you have a music thread up again. I enjoyed your other stuff.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sorry if this one's not quite up to scratch. I really wanted to get it done even though I wasn't feeling great this morning. Man I am forever doomed to cut myself off in my videos. Oh well. I know just what I wanna play next.

Oddbot

Hey I really like pretty much everything I've seen here. Great job!

I'd also like to throw in my request. I'd love it if you could do really any song by The Decemberists, but if you haven't heard of them then I might make a few suggestions

The Engine Driver:

O' Valencia:

The Crane Wife pt. 3:

Seems like the chords for any of their songs can be found here:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/decemberists_tabs.htm

Thanks!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I know of them. They're a favorite of my sister. I'll look into it. :) And thanks for the kind words.

Calleja

Calleja

Don't listen to her... she'll say things like "ooh, that sounds good, I'll definitely do it!" and then never say anything about it again for MONTHS AND MONTHS!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Yeah, what the fuck Seej? It's almost like you have a life outside of recording yourself playing the uke and posting the recordings on the internet! That's the one thing I just can't accept.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:( My computer is old and bad and it's hard to record. Don't be mad, Fernando. :waah:

....to think I was rehearsing "I'm looking through you" this morning... :eek:rly:

Calleja

Calleja

HOW CONVENIENT! :angry:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well, now I'm working on an original called "The Beatles and Fernando are Dumb."

Calleja

Calleja

THE BEATLES AREN'T FLOATING WEST OF ACAPULCO!!!!

Cajungal

Cajungal

THE BEATLES AREN'T FLOATING WEST OF ACAPULCO!!!!
Oh man *scribbles notes*. I'm actually working on a huge epic halforums song full of in-jokes and I'd almost forgotten that one. It's not going so well, but it's a fun diversion trying to rhyme so many things...

Calleja

Calleja

You know what song would be GREAT in the ukulele?

I'm Looking Through You.

You know what OTHER song would be great in the ukulele?

KCWM

KCWM

OMG CG, I <3 you!

Morphine

Morphine

THIS!
I hadn't heard this song for over a year and now that I heard it again I instantly thought of you. It's all good-vibey like you n_n

Cajungal

Cajungal

Maybe now Mr. Calleja will shut the hell up! ;) ....not entirely pleased with this one, but this was like the 5th take. So I just posted it anyway.

So, now I know... if I want to upload I can't be at the apartment. The fucking university wireless is better than my apartment. Uploaded in 3 minutes. Lesson learned. So, more to come in much quicker fashion!

Calleja

Calleja

W-will you marry me? :shocked:

Cajungal

Cajungal

I would, dear Fernando, but think of all the ladies I'd be depriving of your sexual prowess. :p I simply couldn't live with myself.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

awesome :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wait'll you hear my carmen sandiego song I wrote for Charon. ;D

Calleja

Calleja

How long do I have to wait for my next request? :biggrin:

Cajungal

Cajungal

How long do I have to wait for my next request? :biggrin:
Y'all can make requests whenever. Honestly, when I get around to them has more to do with their difficulty and how much I like them than order. There are some, like "Still Alive" that are still a little beyond my level, even though I'd love to play it now.

Calleja

Calleja

How abouuuuuut:

Play the video!! He tells the story of the ukulele he's playing

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

PLus: You'd be playing, quite literally, one of the best songs ever written.

Frank Sinatra said it was THE best love song ever written. And if someone knows love songs it's Frankie.

:biggrin:

Cajungal

Cajungal

I love that song! Maybe so. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

OKAY. Video recorder decided to work tonight, and so did youtube! Another one I'm not thrilled with, but goddamnit, I wanted to post SOMETHING. Anyone remember Batdan? HE'S ENGAGED! And he requested this long ago when I first started. So this is for him. :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Very nice! And I like the haircut! *grins*

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aww, thank you for noticing. ^_^ It's a tad frizzy because I'd just washed it. But I like it too.

Cajungal

Cajungal

OMGTHREEATONCE!

Aaand put the kids to bed for this one :p

Math242

Math242

awesome

Gusto

Gusto

So when's the album droppin'?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Kiss to Build a Dream On has been one of my favorites for a long while. Flying down the interstate, affecting a Louis Armstrong imitation, while singing along... gets a lot of funny looks.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's a charming song, and very nice to sing along to. Feel free to post a video of yourself singing as Satchmo if you like. ;)

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

And thanks everybody!

Cajungal

Cajungal

A request from a family member. Hope y'all like it! New backdrop this time, too. :p

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Also I've noticed since I started doing these with less practice how weirdly my head bobs around when I'm concentrating. Heheh.

Morphine

Morphine

I looooove that song, CG =')
lovely version!!!

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Oh man, I've completely missed this thread!

Note to self: Listen to some good ukulele music tomorrow. Now: hit the hay.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Guess whaaaaat~

Yes, the quality is awful, but I did it! My webcam and mic don't work anymore, so I borrowed the fella's. :D Felt good to do this again.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

that's one hell of a necro

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Indeed! That was fantastic!

Also, the fella's mic kinda gives this a 40's vibe to it, which is entirely a good thing. Classy!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Next year work up a couple of songs and Busk at your nearest mall.

Gusto

Gusto

Lovely!

Also I completely forgot I sent you that UKES NOT NUKES shirt! Lookin' good!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Everybody loves that shirt, Kev. I wear it all the time. :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

NECROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'D!

Little brudder played along with me. It was fun. We'll be doing more over Thanksgiving hopefully. I'm annoyed by my airy voice in this one. I'd just eaten some cheese and wasn't at my best, but it was still fun. Been too long since I shared something!

Bowielee

Bowielee

You should learn "Hey Soul Sister" and send me an audio track so we can put up a collab. :p

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

NECROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO'D!

Little brudder played along with me. It was fun. We'll be doing more over Thanksgiving hopefully. I'm annoyed by my airy voice in this one. I'd just eaten some cheese and wasn't at my best, but it was still fun. Been too long since I shared something!

That was really nice! I very much enjoyed it.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Bravo :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

I hope this works.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thanks, @jwhouk , for agreeing with my video. :p

jwhouk

jwhouk

Hey, I can only "Like" it on Tapatalk. ;)

And you sound fantastic, CG.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I keed. Thanks :)

Morphine

Morphine

CG I can't get enough of your ukulele fabulousness ♥
I love the ukulele so much I decided last year I'm going to learn how to play it. My aunt from Tijuana is sending me one next month :D
I will ask you for lots of tips cause you're so so so awesome :****

Gusto

Gusto

Duet!

Morphine

Morphine

I'm afraid my singing skills are not necessarily fit for showing off, I just really want to learn :/

Gusto

Gusto

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Morphine, Ceej can play and sing while you play and dance. And all would be right with the world.

Cajungal

Cajungal

CG I can't get enough of your ukulele fabulousness ♥
I love the ukulele so much I decided last year I'm going to learn how to play it. My aunt from Tijuana is sending me one next month :D
I will ask you for lots of tips cause you're so so so awesome :****
Aww thank you!

I'd be glad to help in any way I can. Truth is, I learned using website and youtube tutorials. I'm probably not doing everything exactly right, but there are some questions I could definitely answer. :) Leon, Oliver, and I are at your service.

Morphine

Morphine

Hey CG!
I got my ukulele! :D
*does the ukulele dance*
I was wondering if you had any tips for finger and strumming exercises and really easy beginner songs...

I love it so much

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hey, @Morphine! That's a really cute ukulele. :) Sorry it took me so long to reply. I saw this at work and meant to write back when I had more time, and it just go away from me.

I spent a lot of time on alligatorboogaloo.com when I was starting out. That has a lot of good tips. Remember not to strum directly over the sound hole; you want to strum closer to the neck. And if you want to use a pick, make sure it's a soft felt one for a better sound.

Good beginner songs... I learned "Walking After Midnight" really quickly. It's only 4 chords. "We'll meet again" is pretty easy too. If you go to ukulele websites, a lot of them have songs rated for difficulty. I think boogaloo does. That's a great place to start.

I hope you're having fun!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Morphine

Morphine

I will check out alligatorboogaloo.com, thanks CG!
I already learned 2 songs :D both really easy, yesterday I searched for la vie en rose and I was (sort of) playing it by the end of the day, I'm surprised and in love with how easy playing the ukulele actually is :D

I'll post something when it sounds a bit better.

Thank you! :***

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

"We'll meet again" is pretty easy too.
Just popping up here to say that this is one of my favourite songs... wistful but hopeful

Cajungal

Cajungal

I will check out alligatorboogaloo.com, thanks CG!
I already learned 2 songs :D both really easy, yesterday I searched for la vie en rose and I was (sort of) playing it by the end of the day, I'm surprised and in love with how easy playing the ukulele actually is :D

I'll post something when it sounds a bit better.

Thank you! :***
Glad the link helped! I saw your video on facebook. You have a beautiful voice :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

New one!

Celt Z

Celt Z

I could listen to this all day. I can't hear it without smiling. :D

strawman

strawman

Whew, I'm glad you made a new one, I was tired of keeping my eyes peeled.

Very nice!

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Well done CG. You have a great voice!

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I loveeeee your singing. It always makes me smile

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thank you :) And thanks to everyone.

drifter

drifter

I don't know how keen you'd be to have strangers watch your videos, but I bet the r/ukulele subreddit would enjoy this.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:oops: Nahhh that's ok.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

This needs to be done...

I am pretty darn sure you know the words.

Cajungal

Cajungal

You know, I'm actually pretty terrible at renditions of traditional Cajun songs.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Just Me

Just Me

Simply beautiful!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thank you :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

I have a video dump. I'll start with this parody based on my experiences walking around the city:

Post automatically merged:

This is one I sing for my kids all the time.