Not open for further replies.
Morphine, troof or durr.
Troof, Gustoh man.
Please list all the purchases you've made over the last 24 hours.[/QUOTE]

That's a really bad troof, gustito.

Not in order because I'm drunk and who cares:
-Bottled water
-Sushi
-a piece of purple fabric for a cushion that I'm making.
-dark red nail polish.

---------- Post added at 01:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

Gusto!
Truthie or darie?

INTERESTING TO NOTE THAT YOU DID NOT BUY YOUR OWN DRINKS

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

Truthie!

Well of course I didn't! I said it already, it was al for free at a "XV" party.

Tell us something you didn't like about your ex-girlfriend that you would NEVER tell her in a million years.

I bet! =s

One of my exes was funny at first... then I realized he just recycled his jokes over and over. Hearing the same jokes for almost a year is quite annoying too =/

I bet! =s

One of my exes was funny at first... then I realized he just recycled his jokes over and over. Hearing the same jokes for almost a year is quite annoying too =/
That is even worse.

There are few tings more important to me than a sense of humor, and my ex was the type to completely play it safe in order to avoid offending anyone or embarrassing herself.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Go Team Venture.

Ack! Sorry, I was holding up the queue!

Morphine: You've talked about growing up where you did, and how it got kind of rough. Did you ever see anything you wish you'd intervened in? If so, what would you do, knowing what you know today?

Piotyr: I'll take a truf, good sir!

Morphine: You've talked about growing up where you did, and how it got kind of rough. Did you ever see anything you wish you'd intervened in? If so, what would you do, knowing what you know today?

Well... actually now I wish in some cases I hadn't intervened. I was always the one telling everybody to think it twice, to not fight, to bla bla bla but talking about real interventions there's one specific event in my life around that time that I can't help to wonder how it might've turned out if I hadn't done anything.
When I was 13 my dad was in deep trouble, one time, one of his workshops got mugged and I got there when it was happening, I ran to a neighbor's house, told them to call the cops and went back to the workshop. They hadn't seen me yet but I saw how they had my dad and one of my older brothers who worked with him with a knife on their necks, I got really scared, really mad and I ran and jumped on the back of the guy who had my dad and started kicking, screaming and pulling his hair, he let go of my dad but the other guy who had my brother put him on the ground and started beating the hell out of him, the man I was on top of only gave me minor bruises and a superficial cut with his knife before the cops got there, but my brother who was around 18 at the time got it pretty bad, I've always felt very guilty about it, it was my fault and I often wish I hadn't reacted so impulsively.

Piotyr: I'll take a truf, good sir!
A day late and a dollar short, but here goes...

Would you be more likely to sacrifice yourself on duty for an innocent bystander, or off duty for family? At what point on the job is it not worth sacrificing yourself for others?

Well... actually now I wish in some cases I hadn't intervened. I was always the one telling everybody to think it twice, to not fight, to bla bla bla but talking about real interventions there's one specific event in my life around that time that I can't help to wonder how it might've turned out if I hadn't done anything.
When I was 13 my dad was in deep trouble, one time, one of his workshops got mugged and I got there when it was happening, I ran to a neighbor's house, told them to call the cops and went back to the workshop. They hadn't seen me yet but I saw how they had my dad and one of my older brothers who worked with him with a knife on their necks, I got really scared, really mad and I ran and jumped on the back of the guy who had my dad and started kicking, screaming and pulling his hair, he let go of my dad but the other guy who had my brother put him on the ground and started beating the hell out of him, the man I was on top of only gave me minor bruises and a superficial cut with his knife before the cops got there, but my brother who was around 18 at the time got it pretty bad, I've always felt very guilty about it, it was my fault and I often wish I hadn't reacted so impulsively.

That was really rather spectacularly brave. I'm not just saying that to make you feel better: the fact that the one dirty fought your brother, rather than come to his buddy's aid or even just run away tells me that they would have either held your family hostage, or straight-up killed them when police arrived.

You were the wild-card that made sure that it didn't go according to plan for them, despite the cost to your poor brother, and you have the sheer guts needed to carry it through, no matter what you may (or may not) have been thinking at the time.

Would you be more likely to sacrifice yourself on duty for an innocent bystander, or off duty for family? At what point on the job is it not worth sacrificing yourself for others?
Oof! That's what I get for asking truths that make people dig, I guess. *chuckles*

In all honesty... probably my family, but that's merely on the strength of not even having to consider sacrificing myself for them. With regards to my life not being worth someone else's on the job... you hear all the time from veterans that "It's not worth your life," and so on, but I really don't believe that.

I honestly and truly believe that if I'm going to do this job, I'm going to be dedicated to it. It's not enough to just put in my time on the clock and head home at the end of the day. If I can't give this job every ounce of what I have to give, then what reason do I have to wear a badge. This shield is more than just a symbol: I really do see myself as standing in the defense of ordinary citizens.

Now, maybe I'm still just young and naive enough to carry that, but I hope that I will always have this drive. I live to help others, to serve the community (or nation) that I'm a part of, and ultimately the planet that I was born on. I prefer to think that people can all get along, and I tend to work like that, giving people the benefit of the doubt. It means that occasionally, I get my good will taken advantage of. That's okay. Karma gets those who help themselves to the detriment of others.

..... Whew! That's been on my mind for a while.... I might need to start blogging, so as to get the drama out every now and then. *wry chuckle*

That was really rather spectacularly brave. I'm not just saying that to make you feel better: the fact that the one dirty fought your brother, rather than come to his buddy's aid or even just run away tells me that they would have either held your family hostage, or straight-up killed them when police arrived.

You were the wild-card that made sure that it didn't go according to plan for them, despite the cost to your poor brother, and you have the sheer guts needed to carry it through, no matter what you may (or may not) have been thinking at the time.

Oof! That's what I get for asking truths that make people dig, I guess. *chuckles*

In all honesty... probably my family, but that's merely on the strength of not even having to consider sacrificing myself for them. With regards to my life not being worth someone else's on the job... you hear all the time from veterans that "It's not worth your life," and so on, but I really don't believe that.

I honestly and truly believe that if I'm going to do this job, I'm going to be dedicated to it. It's not enough to just put in my time on the clock and head home at the end of the day. If I can't give this job every ounce of what I have to give, then what reason do I have to wear a badge. This shield is more than just a symbol: I really do see myself as standing in the defense of ordinary citizens.

Now, maybe I'm still just young and naive enough to carry that, but I hope that I will always have this drive. I live to help others, to serve the community (or nation) that I'm a part of, and ultimately the planet that I was born on. I prefer to think that people can all get along, and I tend to work like that, giving people the benefit of the doubt. It means that occasionally, I get my good will taken advantage of. That's okay. Karma gets those who help themselves to the detriment of others.

..... Whew! That's been on my mind for a while.... I might need to start blogging, so as to get the drama out every now and then. *wry chuckle*[/QUOTE]

You are the goddamn Lieutenant Gordon of Halforums..

Piotyr! Most of us have had moments where we do or say something, and immediately afterwards utter the words, "...I'm going to hell when I die."

Have you ever done anything that made you say these words? If so, WHAT??

And I'll take a truth Bubble!

Piotyr! Most of us have had moments where we do or say something, and immediately afterwards utter the words, "...I'm going to hell when I die."

Have you ever done anything that made you say these words? If so, WHAT??
When I was in college, in my circle of friends we had one that just had some bad luck with the ladies. He was being a mope about a girl that got away around the time of his 21st birthday, so a few other friends and myself took it upon ourselves to "help him out" and razz him a bit for his 21st birthday. So, early, early in the morning (starting at like 2am) we printed out about 5000 copies of a mock-up dating advertisement featuring his face, basic traits, and contact information, with the tagline "Need Wood?" (because of his last name of "Post" we nicknamed the guy "Wood"), and proceeded to post them all over campus, on every tree, sign, wall, door, everything from 2-5 AM. We also had t-shirts and buttons printed up with the same information and were wearing the t-shirts the next day and passing out the "Need Wood?" buttons to everyone on campus. He also happened to have a very important presentation for his senior year project that day, and I passed out the buttons to everyone else in his group so they'd wear them, and I also attended wearing the t-shirt and a button.

I'm not sure he ever forgave us for that. In a twist of irony, he did meet his future wife as a result of what we did. Plus, everyone on campus knew him then.

Chaz

/rimshot

No, I'd have to say it's my last roommate's girlfriend.

I don't want to get into details but I will say that she just physically repulsess me. I can't look at her for too long and every noise she makes just sounds gross to me. She eats really loud, taking those fat person gasps for air every now and again and let's out little burps and farts a lot. She also forgets to flush every now and again which I just HATE.

Christ I'm glad they moved in together so I don't have to see her again.

What is some secret, that you don't normally tell people? Perhaps something you haven't told your wife, if even just by happenstance that it never came up.

And I'll take a truth Bubble!
Only coming here once or twice a week really plays s havoc with this sort of thread :-P

Okido, let's see... If you were forcibly evicted from the USA and had to settle down somewhere else and start life completely anew, where would you go and what would you set out to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.