Top 9 Underrated Disney Songs

Status
Not open for further replies.

figmentPez

Staff member
From the That Guy With the Glasses website:
Paw's Top 9 Underrated Disney Songs

I haven't watched any of his videos before, but I really enjoyed this one. He's kind of hit and miss in his delivery, but he's got an earnestness that usually missing from the Critic and Linkara, who often mistake shouting for conviction. ("You know I really care about this issue because I'm ranting about it as LOUD AS I CAN!") When Paw get's his timing right, he's pretty good.

As far as the actual songs, there's only one song I definitely would have put on my own list, but he didn't choose anything I think was awful, either.

In addition to his #4 pick "Not in Nottingham" from Robin Hood, I think I would have added a song from . The songs from Disney's movies get more attention than the ones from their shorts.

EDIT: Is there any way to stop that automatic Youtube embedding?

figmentPez

Staff member
To stop automatic embedding, simply type in the name and make it a hyperlink.
I'm not sure I follow, that sounds like what I did. I made it like I would any other link [ url = " address " ] Link Name [ / url ] and it turned it into embedded Youtube anyway.

it worked, but then I edited and it didn't...now everything is underlined and I can't change it.

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 AM ----------

I'm going to try this again. 2nd attempt to link without embedding. I think there's a process.

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

ok. To link to youtube without embedding, write some text, highlight it, and click the link icon. When you post it, it'll be embeded, but it won't say "youtube" in the embed, it'll say what you wrote. Edit and change the text and then save and it'll just show the text.

Sample

I like that Paw actually seems to know things about music as opposed to the other critics who just like the media they review. Paw's video game music bits aren't too bad, though I skip the skits and go straight to the music review parts.

L

Lally

Oh man, all three of those videos from the OP, but especially Lambert and In The Bag, bring back so many memories. :)

As far as the list, in case anyone doesn't want to watch the video (he's kind of obnoxious), here it is, plus my reactions:

#9 -- Subsitutiary Locomotion from Bedknobs & Broomsticks
#8 -- Higitus Figitus from The Sword In The Stone (love this one!)
#7 -- It's Not Easy from Pete's Dragon
#6 -- A Perfect World from The Emperor's New Groove (hahaha YAY)
#5 -- Main Street Electrical Parade from Disneyland
#4 -- Not In Nottingham from Robin Hood (excellent choice)
#3 -- Come Little Children from Hocus Pocus (interesting song, I guess... but totally ruined by Sarah Jessica Parker's total lack of singing ability)
#2 -- He's A Tramp from Lady & The Tramp (another excellent choice)
#1 -- Baby Mine from Dumbo (one of my favorite Disney songs, always makes me cry... but I'd hardly call it underrated)

figmentPez

Staff member
Watching another top # countdown reminded me of another reason why I liked this video. Paw played different clips in the bumps between numbers. I'm really getting sick of the Nostalgia Critic, Linkara and others playing same same damn snippet of song and animation over and over and over again in their lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.