[Brazelton] Tom Clancy RIP

GasBandit

Staff member
Chalk me up as another in the "Aww, man" category. I enjoyed his books. The little woman did as well.

Damnit, now I have to go buy a new copy of Without Remorse and read through the whole series, just as soon as I'm done with my re-read of the Harry Potter series. I loved Clancy's work growing up, and yeah, I read them all because my dad had read them first and left them lying around on end tables; and then I followed the habit through Creighton and Uris and who knows how many other authors.

He kinda got me into the young adult thriller stuff with his Net Force sci-fi series, and I periodically go back to read Rainbow Six. Sad news.

Damnit, now I have to go buy a new copy of Without Remorse and read through the whole series
I loved that book. I'm going on a business trip and wish I had brought that book along with me. Might have to find a used book store along the way and pick up a paper copy.

I can't say I've ever read his work, but he's certainly a well-known and incredibly prolific writer. He'll certainly be missed.

GasBandit

Staff member
I can't say I've ever read his work, but he's certainly a well-known and incredibly prolific writer. He'll certainly be missed.
You've probably seen at least one movie based off of his work, though, right? Hunt for Red October? Patriot Games? Clear and Present Danger? Sum of All Fears?

GasBandit

Staff member
Fun fact. I used to watch The Hunt For Red October at least once a week for about a 4 year period. I wore out my VHS copy.

I really enjoyed much of his work, although it took me a long time to forgive "The Bear and the Dragon". He will be missed.