[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

I am sure there have been many forebearer threads to this. HOWEVER, I FINALLY HAVE TIME TO WATCH ANIME AGAIN FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS!:D

so I am starting a new thread to post my thoughts on what I am watching.(yeah I am a lame-o I KNOW!)since I now have the time to watch enough backlog of anime to make ones eyes bleed.

so with that out in the open, I started watching Ranma 1/2 today. I acquired the entire tv series, movies, and OVA's in a ill advised blitzkrieg of the Rightstuf cyber monday super sale.

I have reached the mid-point of season 2, so how do I say this gently....THIS SHOW IS FARKIN WEIRD.....so Ranma is this guy who is cursed to turn into a girl any time he is hit with cold water, and back when he is hit with warm water. so far we have met crazy killer amazons, near-sighted goose kung-fu fighters. long distance marathon ramen fighting, and tons of other wacky hijinks. I am left to wonder what I will see as the series continues, I am awestruck to say the least.

EDIT: everyone is welcome to post their thoughts, I just figured if no one is interested its always a good writing outlet :D

I love Ranma 1/2! It was one of the first series I watched, but never in order. :p I need to get on that, I've just seen a couple movie, I think most or all of season 1 and lots of random fun episodes in between.

I have been watching Soul Eater and LOVING IT.

My only gripe is that they study every little thing before moving the plot forward.

Soul eater looked really interesting but I keep putting off its purchase like the cheap mofo I am. In other news I found out my local AND LAST Suncoast is supposedly going out of business, so the plan is to shower and put some pants on and see if I can score any deals. although I expect they will be picked over and still super expensive! :D

I have been watching Soul Eater and LOVING IT.

My only gripe is that they study every little thing before moving the plot forward.
I got bored of Soul Eater halfway through the first season. I'm not even sure why, but it just didn't click with me.

The only anime I'm currently watching is Toriko. Basically, it's Dragonball Z, except the dragonballs are extremely amazing food.

As a person who likes food, this is the best anime.

I was listening to this one podcast, and one guy explained Toriko as "It's about punching meat."

I really should start watching that show.

The New Anime Thread!

so with that out in the open, I started watching Ranma 1/2 today.
Not what i was expecting when i opened this thread...

What i want to see is Candy Candy, but i can't seem to find it in full anywhere... oh nevermind, someone uploaded it since i last checked...

Man that anime scarred me for life... i'm still wary of gypsy fortune tellers and horses to this day... also, world wars...

haha, new in the sense that I have made them before and no one had posyted in them! candy candy looks silly!

candy candy looks silly!
Which is what makes it so shocking when they start killing off people...

Hell, for years i actually remembered it as 2 shows... the one where they killed
Anthony, and he was just the 1st
and the one where this girl in an orphanage likes to climb tree (climbing trees is awesome btw). I kept wondering if it's the same show or not...

At least Lady Oscar was already about screwed up Versailles court life...

I really, really wish Adult Swim would play more anime that didn't suck. Durarara! just ended so it's going into reruns (assuming they don't get ride of it), Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood ended earlier this year so it's in reruns now, and we've just had two straight weeks of Bleach marathons...

Bleach is AWFUL.

I think it's time for a new series.

i just flat gave up on AS, I mostly stream and buy at this point.

EDIT: IT...IS....DONE! I now have the rest of the first season of YUA on order from rightstuf. review will follow in a week, final impressions of ranma in the next few days.

my thoughts exactly, I liked the original tv series, and I would love to buy it for about 1/2 that price, but anything over 200 is too rich for my blood.

great....more reading, just what I wanted to do with my limited free time after reading text books and reports for 12 hours! :p

Finished Fate/Zero. Was only half the story. Rest of it airs in April. Finished it on one hell of a cliffhanger ._.
Started Persona 4. They did a pretty good job adapting it for screen.

Started watching Fairy Tail. It's not bad, and I even like the dub. My roommate has the DVD/Blu-ray disks. I wanted to sign up for crunchy roll so I could watch further than what Funimation has out, but to my chagrin they only allow the 4 most recent episodes. I've watched 2, they're on 114. Bullshit I say.

its looks interesting, i generally stay away from shonen jump stuff, but I might have to give it a look.

its looks interesting, i generally stay away from shonen jump stuff, but I might have to give it a look.
I'm worried it will turn into another dragged out "only the main character is worth a damn" anime in the vein of DBZ, but I have friends that tell me it's not the case. Hopefully the episodes are paced as well as the first couple too, because nothing like watching 10 mins of content dragged out over 22 with reaction shots and dramatic pauses to make you want to go and find something productive to do with your life.

So, what's the deal with anime being so expensive State Side nowadays?

Is is just that fans will pay $100 an hour for anything Japanese? or is there some entertainment embargo?

So, what's the deal with anime being so expensive State Side nowadays?

Is is just that fans will pay $100 an hour for anything Japanese? or is there some entertainment embargo?
I think partial due to the Japanese companies importing directly to the US, since the majority of watchers do not watch dubbed. There is also the issue of the markets rapid shrinkage. I expect soon the dvd/blu-ray stuff will be dead, or we will be paying 300-400 dollars a series like the Japanese consumers do. just my take.

EDIT: also what Covar said, the majority of the viewership is just not going to pay.