[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

Thanks, I'll check to see if I can DVR it.

I'd love to find another Space Opera. The Japanese were so good at it back when I was a kid.

I guess I am just sad that anime has been priced out of the market. It is very hard to find on TV now too...
I think it is equally the companies faults for being unwilling to try new things in other countries and the pirates fault for being somewhat entitled assholes and saying why should I pay when i can get it for free!? personally I actually like dubs, I have found very few painful ones to yell about. so the lack of an American market makes me sad. there is also my collection that I want to grow, but likely wont be able to.

Thanks, I'll check to see if I can DVR it.

I'd love to find another Space Opera. The Japanese were so good at it back when I was a kid.

Have you watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes? You'd have to torrent it, and it's hella long, but I've heard it's pretty much the apex of the genre.

Oh snap, Redline is out. I'm gonna have to remember to pick that up.

-edit-

As some one that removes viruses for a living, I just don't torrent much.

It may be worth making an exception; I have heard nothing but overwhelming praise for L0GH. The fansub from Central Anime is, as far as my antivirus knows, clean.

Redline is the first anime in probably a decade that actually has me wanting to see it. It's beyond gorgeous.

Watching fourth season of Maria-sama ga Miteru.

If it's anything like the first two seasons and the OVAs, I predict absolutely nothing will happen. And so far, I'm right.

Just watched Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro on Netflix. The dub was meh, but I was impressed by the animation. Overall a fun adventure movie. My first experience with Lupin the Third and it did pique my interest in maybe checking out some more.

Trying to watch cardcaptor sakura, making shitty progress because I cant be arsed to watch hours of subtitled shit after 12-18 hours of straight work...that is all :Leyla:

I also want to add the following about the movie. This is most likely because I'm american, but right before the climax of the movie, there's a wedding, which has all the guards dressed up in black pointy hooded robes. It was...awkward.

Welp, I'm still right. The big news of this episode is two of the characters are going to be holding a tea party, and the central conflict is whether or not this one girl is going to show up to the tea party.

I just finished watching Elfen Lied and I must say it was fucking awesome. It was a bit short at only 13 episodes but man what a ride. Still the ending left me with numerous questions so I may go out and pick up the manga so I can get more of the story but man what a show.

I just got done watching Sound of the Sky (also called Sora No Woto) and I really enjoyed it. It isn't very long and it may be to moe for some not to mention there isn't as much emphasis on story as some may want. But it does have fairly well developed characters and excellent visuals/audio. It definitely is not for everyone but for those who are in the right mindset it is a very enjoyable ride.

N

Namesake

I just started watching Desert Punk on Netflix. I didn't expect it to be so crass. Still, seems like it might amount to something unlike Mobile Fighter G Gundam which I'm only watching for my Gundam completionism.

I finally, finally, finished Wallflower. I've had it for...a couple of years now and just got around to finishing. Gosh, I love that show. Heh.

i want to watch the wallflower, havent had time, desert punk is just plain national lampoons retarded lol

I never read the manga, but I thought the premise was interesting. Watched something over half the series, then bailed when I realized I was forcing myself to watch. Overall pretty meh in my opinion. I did enjoy Goth-goth-loli-loli.

I haven't read all of the manga, but from what I've read I think it transitioned quite well. I think it's still hilarious and I think the art style is perfect. Fun stuff.

fade

Staff member
Don't understand the Bleach hatred. It's a vast universe with a well thought out mythology, and characters that weren't just cut from the same old screamy-big-head-teardrop shonen cloth (except for orihime). I respect most of you enough to hope it's not a hate-because-it's-popular thing.

I just finished watching Elfen Lied and I must say it was fucking awesome. It was a bit short at only 13 episodes but man what a ride. Still the ending left me with numerous questions so I may go out and pick up the manga so I can get more of the story but man what a show.
Elfen Lied was amazing. As it started I thought it was just going to be some grimdark blood and guts violent anime, and I was confused as to why my usually squeamish then-fiancee was a big fan. Did not at all expect the philosophical and emotional monster that it turned out to be, especially the flashback episodes and the ending.

It's been a few years; I need to watch that again.

For me, I'm not a huge fan of super long anime. Bleach just keeps going and going.. The characters are great, I even adore Orihime, but I just can't keep up with it, so I gave up. (Which means I'm also not a huge fan of Nartuo or even DBZ...though I enjoy them, just to hard/tedious for me to keep up with them.)

I'm just tired of Bleach. I kinda want Williams Street to get One Piece instead. Seriously, just keep it mostly unedited and people will fucking watch it. What don't those idiots understand?