[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

Oh, we care.

...buuut it's not like we can do anything about it. "Sales of physical media are down" YES THAT'S BECAUSE YOU STOPPED MAKING THEM AND EVEN THE PLAYERS "so I guess that means we'll just have to cut back on production," then just spiral down to "Closing the manufacturing facilities, can't be helped."

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
I saw this, but still don't get it.
I assume it's one of those unrequited things.

--Patrick
When your perception of time is altered by your lifespan being several millennia, sometimes you're a little slow on catching dropped hints.

For some reason this show has really resonated with the neurodivergent.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm watching Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War, and it sure is a spectacle, but it strikes me that almost every single character is a complete and total asshole, fully believes that they need to be an asshole for the good of everyone around them, and quite frequently whines about how people aren't praising them for being an asshole.

--

I've also been watching My Hero Academia , and I really like it. At first I was comparing it a lot to Naruto, but I think the characters have a lot more depth, and the show does a better job of exploring the world and the characters' place in it. Naruto feels like it's world exists just as a setup for the fights, while MHA feels like the fights are more of an extension of the characters and plot.

Take two of the rival characters as a comparison. There are a lot of superficial similarities between Sasuke and Bakugou. They're both angry, egotistical prodigies with an irrational hatred towards the main character (who get kidnapped by the villains during a story arc). Sasuke is just a cardboard cutout compared to Bakugou, though. He's an obstacle for Naruto to overcome in order to progress. Bakugou, however, is a different type of rival. He's a benchmark that Midoriya measures himself against, and vice versa. They both grow as characters because of the other. Naruto and Sasuke just get more powerful, their characters don't progress because of their rivalry, only their move-sets do.