[TV] The What Anime Are You Watching Thread!

GasBandit

Staff member
Mushoku Tensei season 2 has a trailer, but it has very little to tell that would mean anything to someone who hasn't been reading the manga, other than the last little bit that reveals
Sylphie survived the cataclysm

GasBandit

Staff member
First ep of Overlord season 4 just hit Crunchyroll... aaiiighh here we go again with week-to-week agony waiting for more episodes >_<

GasBandit

Staff member

figmentPez

Staff member
Not sure if this counts as anime, but it is inspired by anime:

Legend - A Dragon Ball Tale

This is a fan-made short film that somewhat reimagines the DBZ universe.

GasBandit

Staff member
The guitars, clapping, and castañets give it a very Spanish flavor.

But the vocals rather remind me of Muse. Heck, Hysteria would make a pretty good Overlord OP.

Appleseed (1998)

There's just something about weird/dumb dubs of 80s/90 cyberpunk movies and shows thats SO charming!

Said film in question just SCREAMS "This is more a TV pilot than an actual movie".

Last edited:
My friend showed me Made in Abyss today and I literally want to die.
I watched the three compilation movies and while the first movie was alright the second one destroyed me. I hoped the third movie would be a bit more uplifting. Nope, total annihilation.

It was so fucking gross (not just gore) that I feel like just watching what I did should put me on a watch list.
Whenever I unwittingly see something like this, I usually put on something completely wholesome like Little Witch Academia or Girls Und Panzer as a pallet cleanser. It works for me anyway.

GasBandit

Staff member
Crunchyroll: "Hey remember how you watched every single episode of this series? Well good news! I'm putting it at the top of your list again because new episodes just came out for it!"

Me: "Really?! I hadn't heard anything! Let me see.... wait, this is the same season I just watched, just dubbed into a language I don't speak."

Crunchyroll: "Yep, brand new and ready to watch!"

/headdesk

This has basically happened with every single series I have watched since the site redesign.

GasBandit

Staff member
Jeez Louise, that Overlord season finale.

A full on Disney villain musical number.

So many tying up of loose ends.

And yet still so much more to look forward to. I hear there's a movie coming out, and then maybe 2 more seasons. So probably looking at 5 years for the story to wrap up, if I'm being cynical. Got really spoiled by seasons 2 and 3 coming out so close together... but then Season 4 took sooooo long to come out (partially due to covid of course)

I enjoyed the Studio Trigger Cyberpunk series. I enjoyed it so much it made me install Cyberpunk 2077 again, which lasted about an hour before I remembered the game is boring and the shooting is bad and no matter how many bug fixes they do that won't change.

Show was very enjoyable, but it really looks like they ran out of budget for the big set pieces in the final two episodes. A lot of toy car CG that looks, well, bad.