[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

The first 2min or so doesn't look like a cartoon, it looks like the intro sequence to some kind of whimsical point-and-click video game.

--Patrick

I don't get the Columbus joke
Maybe just that a cloned historical figure named Topher Bus actually being Christopher Columbus is not at all sneaky and he's acting like no one knows? Or the second half where he seems ashamed to be Christopher Columbus, likely because people now attribute him to thinking North America was India and calling Native Americans Indians is/was a thing because of him. Given that it's likely set now cause of the drones, that's not a very woke or PC thing to have caused so he's trying to lay low with the painfully obvious name? Definitely seems like something they'd tackle as an episode.

Dunno, that's all I got.

You know, I don't think I ever seriously considered the Superman story against the context of Shōnen anime. Until now.

--Patrick

Fired on Mars

Solid premise, solid cast, and WONDERFULLY bleak, I'm sold!

Just a shame this show got zero marketing,as they presumably spent it all on Velma.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've finally got pretty much all the episodes of Venture Bros in 1080p on my plex server now. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Unicorn Warriors Eternal, Episode 1
No, i'm not going through another Sym-Bionic Titan...

...let me know when it's actually finis... who am i kidding, i'm already on ep. 3... THIS BETTER NOT GET FUCKED BY SOME C SUIT WITH NO VISION BUT NEXT QUARTER'S NUMBERS...

No, i'm not going through another Sym-Bionic Titan...

...let me know when it's actually finis... who am i kidding, i'm already on ep. 3... THIS BETTER NOT GET FUCKED BY SOME C SUIT WITH NO VISION BUT NEXT QUARTER'S NUMBERS...
Considering they let Genndy do two full seasons of Primal (finishing the stories of Spear and Fang) with a 3rd in the works, I imagine they really want Genndy onboard again.

He also HAS been talking about Sym-Bionic Titan. Apparently it's no longer "written off" after Netflix got streaming rights for a year.

Considering they let Genndy do two full seasons of Primal (finishing the stories of Spear and Fang) with a 3rd in the works, I imagine they really want Genndy onboard again.

He also HAS been talking about Sym-Bionic Titan. Apparently it's no longer "written off" after Netflix got streaming rights for a year.

BEGONE FOUL TEMPTER... i desire none of the bitter taste of you horrible illusion: Hope...

figmentPez

Staff member
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur

Holy shit this show is fantastic. I started watching thinking I was just going to watch for the animation, since I thought it was going to be aimed at a younger crowd. This isn't a bad thing, I dug Kid Cosmic for it's visuals, even while the writing felt kinda shallow. Moon Girl's animation is definitely top notch, some of the fight scenes have a really do a fantastic job of mixing unusual visual styles with some great music. However, the writing is pretty good, too. It is aimed at a tween-ish crowd, but it's got some nice nuance to it. Lawrence Fishburne is especially good as the Beyonder.