[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

High-school kids in the late '90s would have been born early 80's, which is the cut-off between Gen X and Y, and since there no real clean cut between generations, they could easily be considered late Gen Xers.
We're called Elder Millennials thank you.

GasBandit

Staff member
Re: You Are A Pirate -

It always bugged me how the first half had the girl having frizzy, jagged hair and the second half had her with curly, groomed hair. I know the two halves came years apart (the first half was actually a pre-youtube flash animation from the days of animutations), but come on, consistency!

I have never played LoL, but damn that looks amazing. I love the art style.
Honestly, probably better to keep it that way if you value your sanity. Show wise, I believe the intention is that even if you have no lore knowledge(which honestly, you don't get any having played the game anyway) you should still be able to watch this and enjoy it.

The animation is beautiful. They partnered with a small french studio almost 10 years ago for this music video and they have stuck with them for most of their bigger cinematics so the obvious choice was for them to do the series and I'm really glad they did.

Last edited:
And any lore that was in the game has been long retconned.

Does it even say "Welcome Summoner!" anymore?
Funnily I don't play the base game mode at all, only arams, so I have no idea but I believe it says "Welcome to Summoner's Rift!" now instead when the map loads if I recall. They've long axed the idea of players being summoners as a concept, as well as the Summoner's Institute.

I watched the 3 released episodes last night and was very happy. I had pretty low expectations, beyond the animation, but I was amazed at how well they pulled this off.

As someone unfamiliar with the property, you'd have some questions for sure but I can't say they won't be answered in the remaining 6 episodes, and I feel like any you had could easily be inferred though that's really hard for me to say personally.

but I believe it says "Welcome to Summoner's Rift!" now instead when the map loads if I recall.
I don't even remember if they said that in the map and not after the log-in.

But i'm still sad they did away with that, it was one of the more interesting things it had going for it.

I watched the 3 released episodes last night and was very happy. I had pretty low expectations, beyond the animation, but I was amazed at how well they pulled this off.
Yeah, the show itself was way better then i would have expected. Blow the Dota2 anime out of teh water, and i enjoyed that one too.

Finishing up "As told by Ginger" and it's REALLY obvious season 3 was supposed to be two separate seasons but Nick only gave them the budget for 1.

Like that Junior High graduation ep had season finale written ALL over it.

Last edited:
All acts of Arcane have been released as of today* and they closed it out better than I thought they ever could. Seriously, if you're hankering for something new and have been holding off, give it a shot. It's got great ratings from people that have never played the games and is just overall so well done.
All completed acts, season 2 is officially in production.

I read that little sticker too fast and thought it said the "all-new mini-movie" was over two hours long.

I was thinking, "Wait, no, there's nothing mini about that. That's a movie."

I watched the new South Park special Post Covid.

Legitimately one of the least funny things I've ever watched. There was like two mild chuckles throughout the 60 minute run time. Cartman's kids not being able to stand Kyle was pretty funny and that was it.

They're making jokes that were old 3 months into the pandemic 2 years later. It's one of the saddest attempts at comedy I've seen in a very long while.

And the septupling down of Tegridy farms? Jesus. H. Christ.

Last edited:
I watched the new South Park special Post Covid.

Legitimately one of the least funny things I've ever watched. There was like two mild chuckles throughout the 60 minute run time. Cartman's kids not being able to stand Kyle was pretty funny and that was it.

They're making jokes that were old 3 months into the pandemic 2 years later. It's one of the saddest attempts at comedy I've seen in a very long while.

And the septupling down of Tegridy farms? Jesus. H. Christ.
South park has been kinda sad for years now. I'm surprised to see that matt and trey were involved in writing that obsidian rpg, that's the best thing south park has ever done

Since receiving the Superman Animated Series Blu-ray collection, I've been doing a big rewatch of the series. And posting random brief thoughts on each episode on Twitter. No particularly long or deep thoughts, just little spur of the moment comments.

Tomorrow night, I'm doing World's Finest, the 3-part episode where Superman teams up with Batman for the first time. And inviting others to join along on Twitter. Rough plan to start at 8 PM Atlantic Standard Time (7 PM Eastern).

Last edited: