[TV] The What Animation Are You Watching Thread 2!: The Sequel!

Garnet's can survive in lava. It's why she got the Earth Beetle instead of the Heaven Beetle: no one else could survive getting it.

Gravity Falls- A tale of two Stans

AND- half of my theory about Stan was confirmed, -
was a little disapointed that Stanley wasn't their secret grandpa but whatevs.
Either way a GREAT back story episode, full of feels!
It wouldn't have made much sense for the kids to not know about their grandfather. Having another Pine sibling makes things line up a bit better. On the other hand, if Sharmie (sp?) is Dipper and Mabel's grandfather and an infant in the late 60's/early 70's, were both he and Dipper and Mabel's parents teen parents?

Meanwhile, it turns out Stan is from Jersey. That explains SO much.

It wouldn't have made much sense for the kids to not know about their grandfather. Having another Pine sibling makes things line up a bit better. On the other hand, if Sharmie (sp?) is Dipper and Mabel's grandfather and an infant in the late 60's/early 70's, were both he and Dipper and Mabel's parents teen parents?

I think Sharmie is supposed to be their Grandmother, not Grandfather.

And I only have one thing to say about this episode: even after the horribly shit Stan did to Ford, what right does Ford have to tell Stan to stay away from Dipper and Mabel? I mean... he's been protecting them ALL SUMMER. He's fist fought dinosaurs AND zombies to save them. Also, FUCK FORD. He's been nothing but a jerk since he left the rift.

Steven Universe - Keystone Motel

Any time Steven loses his shit, you know people are being whiny assholes. I mean... he puts up with Pearl acting like he's his MOM, but THIS was too much. I wonder how much longer he's going to be okay with Pearl though.
I appreciate that he reacts like this so infrequently that not only do other characters react with surprise, but concern. They love him, and it takes them pushing him like this to realize when they're fucking up.

Garnet's can survive in lava. It's why she got the Earth Beetle instead of the Heaven Beetle: no one else could survive getting it.
AH, question all ready answered to my silly self.

*Does math in head* Holy crap you're right, those Pines boys are wily!
I think Sharmie is supposed to be their Grandmother, not Grandfather.

And I only have one thing to say about this episode: even after the horribly shit Stan did to Ford, what right does Ford have to tell Stan to stay away from Dipper and Mabel? I mean... he's been protecting them ALL SUMMER. He's fist fought dinosaurs AND zombies to save them. Also, FUCK FORD. He's been nothing but a jerk since he left the rift.
Yeah, Ford has NO right to shit-talk Stan. Hell, he didn't have the right to shit-talk him when Stan accidentally portaled him! "After you cost me my dream school" bitch you got your PHD and enough grant money to open a portal in space/time to Rick and Morty, it didn't set you back THAT much! Plus is it really kosher to play the blame game on someone who's family all ready disowned him causing him to take the life of a con-artist AS a cheap substitute for a childhood dream he wished to fulfill with his twin brother/ best friend. So yes while I admit its a complicated situation, FUCK FORD! Though I can't wait for him to redeem himself.
You thought this topic would stop the constant quotes- THINK AGAIN!

I couldn't remember what episodes of Steven Universe I missed, so I just spent the past few days watching all 64 episodes. Ouch, my brain, and my feels!

I thought the same thing until I started writing out my response but then I realized
how would Mabel and Dipper's last name still be Pines?
Maybe she never got married? She IS from New Jersey. Or she could have been some flower child in the 60's.

Steven Universe Onion Friend

ALMOST EVERY THEORY CONFIRMED
Kinda expected Vidalia to be revealed to be Yellow Diamond, but the season's not over!

Either way a good episode.

When I was watching "We Need to Talk" and they introduced Marty's girlfriend, I knew
she had to be related to Onion, I just wasn't sure how. And I never noticed the connection Sour Cream and Onion together until now

the whole family is adorable, normal, and completely relateable. I also loved the keystone episode for how everyone reacts to stevens feelings.

When I was watching "We Need to Talk" and they introduced Marty's girlfriend, I knew
she had to be related to Onion, I just wasn't sure how. And I never noticed the connection Sour Cream and Onion together until now
Really? People been figurin' that since season one!
the whole family is adorable, normal, and completely relateable. I also loved the keystone episode for how everyone reacts to stevens feelings.
Agreed, one's a mumbling fisherman, one's a hippy artist, and with their two sons they try to make it work in Beach City. Together their "Allium family", coming Sundays this fall.

Trailer for the CW's Vixen, an animated spin-off from Arrow/Flash

Looks pretty good, I can't wait for the spin-off of THIS with the guy with really similar powers to her goes through a metaphysical crisis over the true nature of his being...and is voiced by Weird Al Yankovic for some reason. Whose performance I wouldn't complain about, but would still find strange thematically.

Steven Universe - Community Theater (or whatever it was called)

Fun episode, but it brings up an interesting issue: The Gems were present for... uhh... some kind of messed up shit in the past. I know that Steven Universe is set in a different historical universe (as the Gems HAVE had effects on history) but it does bring up some kind of disturbing issues. For one, the colonization of the Americas and what followed... that's not even getting into things like the Civil and Revolutionary Wars. I kind of want to see more one shot episodes about stuff they did during famous historical events.

Fun episode, but it brings up an interesting issue: The Gems were present for... uhh... some kind of messed up shit in the past. I know that Steven Universe is set in a different historical universe (as the Gems HAVE had effects on history) but it does bring up some kind of disturbing issues. For one, the colonization of the Americas and what followed... that's not even getting into things like the Civil and Revolutionary Wars. I kind of want to see more one shot episodes about stuff they did during famous historical events.
Agreed, also does that make the Crystal Gems this world's version of Native Americans? Or did Native Americans exist and did Rose Quartz interfere with their slaughtering? SO many questions.

I think they just stayed in the temple, tried to warm humans off with polite signs, and stayed out of human affairs by and large. Probably most of their outings involved cleaning up after the Gem War, and considering in season 1 they were still working on that with Steven 5,000 years later, I'm guessing there's been a lot of crap to clean up.

Though I'm wondering just how much real world history even mirrors in the Steven Universe universe. Dewey's ancestor made it sound like no one had discovered the land where he founded Beach City, but it was only 200 years prior, but this isn't some random island, as the residents have driven inland and Greg went to the next state just this week. So was America only discovered in the 1800s?

Yeah, I want more information on all this.

Also, I appreciate that the episode essentially had a character saying "this fanfiction sucks" and then write a canonical treatment.[DOUBLEPOST=1437170747,1437170432][/DOUBLEPOST]Also from last night's episode, this was adorable:

Yes, yes it was (reminds me of my mom).

AS FOR FRIEND SHIP-
FLYING SAUCERS CONFIRMED! Also a lot of good stuff too, Peridot's powers explored her hands being a weapon, Steven FINALLY going Captain America with his shield(They grow up so fast), and Garnet and Pearl reconciling while also us theoretically learning more about Pearl. "I'm just a Pearl, I'm useless unless someone tells me what to do", and Sardonyx showing her AWESOME drill mod for her hammer! Damn good end to the week of Sardonyx story-arch.

Now for the 3-4 weeks of hell before Steven Bomb 4.

Steven Universe

This was a great action episode. A lot happened and it was all cool. However, we're on hiatus again... which is good because apparently they're almost out of finished episodes. Expect at least a wait until September or October for more.

Peridot has a GOD DAMN mega buster AND a gravity gun. She's way more dangerous than she lets on.

Though I'm wondering just how much real world history even mirrors in the Steven Universe universe. Dewey's ancestor made it sound like no one had discovered the land where he founded Beach City, but it was only 200 years prior, but this isn't some random island, as the residents have driven inland and Greg went to the next state just this week. So was America only discovered in the 1800s?
They are in the Delmarva Peninsula with a 443 area code, so Maryland. Keystone is Pennsylvania. Charm City is Baltimore, Maryland and Empire City is PROBABLY New York.

GasBandit

Staff member
Steven Universe
However, we're on hiatus again... which is good because apparently they're almost out of finished episodes. Expect at least a wait until September or October for more.
Ha ha ha, not to insult anyone, but THANK GOD. Now I know how my few non-PC gamer friends felt back in 1999 when all the rest of us could ever talk about was Everquest day and night.

Ha ha ha, not to insult anyone, but THANK GOD. Now I know how my few non-PC gamer friends felt back in 1999 when all the rest of us could ever talk about was Everquest day and night.
It's still Summer time and most shows are in reruns. We won't see a lot of new stuff until September at the earliest... so yeah, nothing but SU and Gravity Falls to talk about right now. *shrug*