[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Finally. I always thought it was stupid how in T3 the T-X was a mix of classical terminator robotics and the nano-based T-1000 because it lost most of the advantages of the T-1000. It felt pointless. This version of the T-X though actually feels like it works, since it's basically two robotic bodies, with the nano-goo able to exist as it's own entity off the robotic undercarriage.

Seems interesting enough, though I haven't watched any Terminator movies after T2 so I don't know if I'll be lost watching this one.

Isn't it like the second reboot they have done now?

They did an in-universe reboot with Genesys by implying Skynet sent Terminators farther back in time to kill Sarah Conner, which lead to a new "present" time that Kyle Reese visits in which Sarah is already a seasoned fighter.

This new one though, from what I know, just entirely ignores all the other movies after T2 and implies this is the T2 sequel, since James Cameron is on board with it.

Dave

Staff member
Everyone is walking through fields now. Picard, Thanos, Thrall. It's the new "I'm peaceful now and away from war". Like farming is so fucking easy all you do is walk through crops and look melancholy.

Picard did spend a portion of the start of the 4th season and the TNG finale fondling grapes, so it's at least on brand for him.

Is it weird that I am more hung up on why he seems to be producing, labeling, and packaging wine in a world where A) anything can be replicated, and B) money no longer exists? Like, why? Does he just deliver it to bars on his own? Why even have a branding then? Why would the bars take his wine when they likely replicate their own booze at the bar? Why am I thinking so much about this...

Is it weird that I am more hung up on why he seems to be producing, labeling, and packaging wine in a world where A) anything can be replicated, and B) money no longer exists? Like, why? Does he just deliver it to bars on his own? Why even have a branding then? Why would the bars take his wine when they likely replicate their own booze at the bar? Why am I thinking so much about this...
Why do people produce handcrafted goods now when they could easily be mass produced for less cost and effort? There's always nostalgia for the way things "used to be" and it doesn't surprise me that Picard of all people would be drawn to traditional wine-making without worrying about profit.

Even today, there are plenty of people who enjoy doing something so much that they would even do it for free, so long as their needs were still met.
And if they're that good at it, others might just give them land, equipment, etc. to support their "hobby."

--Patrick

Also I *think* that replicators are programmed to not make alcohol, just synthehol or w/e it's called.

Plus, there's a long history of people in Star Trek saying that non-replicated food/drink just tastes better.

All valid questions. They only answer the show gave us, as far as I can remember, is that it's the family vineyard/Picard family tradition. So, hobby? Keeping family tradition alive? Writers running out of French stereotypes?

It was strongly implied that the Picard family vineyard was sort of a way of preserving a traditional part of French culture - vinification the old fashioned way.

And yeah, it's not done for profit, Star Trek is a post-scarcity society. But a hand-crafted traditional wine would make for a special touch compared to replicated synth, so local restaurants probably stock it.

So you mean, like, explanations for all the stuff?

--Patrick
They didn't do that in the manga any more than the movie. But Akira was a character in the manga more than just a presence. The Great Tokyo Empire was a thing, sacrificing people to Akira. I didn't read the whole thing, but there's a lot more going on, and

Well, good luck with that. There is no way to fit all of 6 phone book sized volumes of a manga into just one movie.
This. There might be more details from that, but the manga is massive.

All that said, I'm more interested than them just remaking the movie, plus with this director my hopes are they won't make the same mistakes as live action Ghost in the Shell.

Sisko's father loved running a restaurant back on earth because he loved cooking and interacting with people in the kind of atmosphere he created. And as far as I can recall, while replicated food and drinks could be quite good, they never had that chef's/grandma's touch that prepared foods had.