[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

On the one hand, this looks like a pretty basic plot concept (flood = gators; survive gators).
On the other hand, it looks REALLY well done and could be an exciting survival flick like The Grey, but with alligators.

figmentPez

Staff member
That's nice and all, but if your hospital doesn't have a back-up generator, you're still liable as hell, no matter how much you want to blame it on a creepy hedgehog-ish monstrosity...
Back-up generator doesn't matter if the electronics running the generator were fried, as were the electronics in the machines keeping the babies alive. Anyone know how many of those things are shielded against EMP blasts?

Did not expect this.

Is this whole trailer just a sneaky way of crowdsourcing character design? Like, all they had to do was half-ass the Sonic model, and then rely on the internet to come up with fixes....

Back-up generator doesn't matter if the electronics running the generator were fried, as were the electronics in the machines keeping the babies alive. Anyone know how many of those things are shielded against EMP blasts?
Depends on the amount of damage it would do to the electronics, especially ones that where offline at the time...

Fun fact: your car's ignition system creates an EMP every time you use it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_compatibility#Pulse_or_transient_interference

You do not try to make a high school kid shoulder that kind of burden. Maybe the trailer is misdirecting somewhat, but Nick Fury is coming off as an asshole.

So, Peter's little line about the multiverse; is this the MCU-approved way of subtlety acknowledging Into the Spiderverse?
Post automatically merged:

You do not try to make a high school kid shoulder that kind of burden. Maybe the trailer is misdirecting somewhat, but Nick Fury is coming off as an asshole.
True, but throughout the MCU, when had Fury or SHIELD not over-ridden someone else's feelings or priorities? I think that was Coulson's reason d'etre until Loki shishkabobbed him.

Many people are sure Mysterio is going to betray Peter since, you know, he is a villain in the comics. However, I honestly don't know. After Captain Marvel it seems the writers of the MCU are fine messing with expectations so I am going to wait and see how it actually plays out.

Long time comic enemies, the Skrulls, were actually subjugated refugees just looking for a new home in the MCU.

Admittedly, a TV show, but thought folks might like to discuss it.

As long as they stay the hell away from the Doomsday Clock material, this could be fun. Saying this completely blind/out of my ass, but it'd be fun if the Rorschach-wearing people were pathetic loons a la American Horror Story: Cult, inspired by Rorschach's journal.

figmentPez

Staff member

This could be an interesting movie, retelling Hamlet from a female perspective. I wonder if the movie will end with Ophelia's death, or continue on.

Also, Daisy Ridley as a redhead. :unibrow:

I still haven't seen the first one (duh), but what little I have caught of it at least made it look like it had promise.
Ah, well.

--Patrick

Honestly I hated Maleficent. It made her the good guy, the king into an evil prick, and the faeries so incompetent that it's implied Aurora would have died in their care without Maleficent secretly protecting her. I get that they were trying to be different then the Sleeping Beauty original, but come on, it was just stupid and totally undermines all her menace.

That was kind of the vibe I got from what I saw, but I expected that was actually what they were going for, the whole "history is written by the victors" angle, with Maleficent portrayed as a much more sympathetic character, and the only one who actually cares about the princess as a person.

--Patrick

That was kind of the vibe I got from what I saw, but I expected that was actually what they were going for, the whole "history is written by the victors" angle, with Maleficent portrayed as a much more sympathetic character, and the only one who actually cares about the princess as a person.
That would work if it played out like it did in the original, but that isn't what happened either. Maleficent wins in the end. She awakes Aurora with her love, kills the king, burns down his castle, and adopts Aurora to live with her in the land of the faeries. You can't say the original was "written by the victors" when in this one Maleficent won.

That would work if it played out like it did in the original, but that isn't what happened either. Maleficent wins in the end. She awakes Aurora with her love, kills the king, burns down his castle, and adopts Aurora to live with her in the land of the faeries. You can't say the original was "written by the victors" when in this one Maleficent won.
It sounds like they went the Wicked route, but more like the stage play than the book(s).

Aladdin ...

Doesn't look bad ...

Ouch.

(What I mean is, it looks fun instead of self-important like the other Disney live action remake trailers.)

Shouldn't the love interest be Renee Montoya?

Not enough red in the suit....Oh nevermind. Oh, they should not have done the wig. She looks rad without it and silly with it.