[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

It doesn't look like anything special. It looks like you could throw it in with forgettable films like The Seventh Son, The Last Witchhunter, Hansel & Gretel.

Hmm... yeah I'm a bit meh about that trailer. Firstly, the Ron Perlman Hellboy movies were great, and they had their own feel and identity, and it feels like this movie is trying too hard to distinguish itself from them by being overly comedic and edgy. Secondly, I'm not feeling the new guy playing Hellboy.

Milla Jovovich looks great though.

Yeah...I'm not feeling it. Without Del Toro's stylistic vision, it just feels very by the numbers. Plus, this trailer makes the whole thing far too goofy. Almost more like a comedy.

I might very well skip this.

Ahhh yeah....

I actually think this looks fine. It has that thing that trailers are doing right now to try to make everything look like a comedy because that's what market analysis shows sells tickets, I'd be surprised if the actual movie is quite as zany.

Hellboy didn't come off as 'slow' to me, he came off as sarcastic. At worst seems like a fun time at the movies.

Yeah...I'm not feeling it. Without Del Toro's stylistic vision, it just feels very by the numbers. Plus, this trailer makes the whole thing far too goofy. Almost more like a comedy.

I might very well skip this.
"By the numbers" feels most accurate.

At worst seems like a fun time at the movies.
That might be where it's rubbing people wrong. I think MovieBob was the one who said it, but that del Toro elevated the source material, whereas this seems more just adapting it, so it's going to feel in some ways like a step backward.

It didn't hit any high points for me, but it doesn't look bad, either. I wish it added a little bit more to make it stand out from your regular sci-fi action movie. Or maybe I'm just used to hearing Will Smith's quips. But the cast alone makes me hopeful.

Hellboy trailer has a tone problem. I think the imagery has potential, but the music overlay just smacks of studio interference: "People like old songs like in Guardians of the Galaxy! This goofy concept needs something recognizable so audiences aren't confused." At the very least, they could have used the same song and dropped it an octave and halved the speed... Also, if you're doing humour in a dark movie, do dark humour, not slapstick humour. I wasn't a huge fan of the second Hellboy, first was okay. I'd send this will probably fall between those two.

MIB4 trailer has a genericness problem. We've been here, done that, three times already. While Hemsworth has charisma to spare and we can rely on strong character interactions from the Thompson/Hemsworth times in Thor Ragnarok, there's really no 'hook' there other than it being another MIB movie. That said, F Gary Gray has done some of my favourite guilty pleasure movies like The Negotiator and The Italian Job so cautiously optimistic. If anything, it'll be inoffensive. Gray is also doing the M.A.S.K movie so I need this movie to work out so he gets a decent budget for that.

MIB4 trailer has a genericness problem. We've been here, done that, three times already.
I've come to expect that an MiB movie will always have the following scenes:

-"<character> makes this suit look good."
-Hilarious neuralizer scene.
-The hunt for sources.
-Tony Shaloub gets shot.
-Some more celebrities are secretly aliens (who knew?).
-Tiny guns make big holes.
-The car does something amazing.

...and honestly I don't care if these things get done in every movie, even once they start getting to MiB XVII. I just want the movie to be entertaining and not suck nor insult my intelligence.

--Patrick

Am i the only one that thinks she looks too weird to be hot? (which made her so perfect for Leeloo)
I'm sure you're not the only one. I think she looks very beautiful and striking, which certainly helps given she works in a visual medium, but at least for me that has always been separate from what I find personally attractive. What I find 'hot' is nebulous and poorly defined.*

(*Insert joke where nebulous and poorly defined is my fetish)