[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Seeing that Venom trailer makes me really... REALLY wish we could get a movie based on The Darkness. Not the shitty comic book, but the rad video games.

I realized I'm not going to the movies again until after this comes out,so if I don't watch the trailers online, I never have to.

What a cool way to exist. :)

Meh, it doesn't look that bad...

Sure, it looks like it has almost nothing to do with the character of Venom as usually portrayed, but as a generic action movie, it looks ok.

Is it too late to add googly eyes in post?
Huge improvement.
Post automatically merged:

Ladies and gentlemen, Prototype: The Movie.

Wait, no.

I dunno, there's something about the FX that make it look like this movie should have come out 15-18 years ago. Also, there's something really bland about Venom's full-body design when they take away the symbol from friendly, neighborhood he-shall-not-be-named.

That threat at the end was better when Cary Elwes said it.

Last edited:
I think you mean 21 years ago.
Well, I did complain that it looked just like Spawn when we looked at the first trailer, but the second trailer just reaffirms exactly what the first did. I was trying to be a bit generous this time around and put it in the X-Men/Raimi Spider-man generation, but yeah, serously Spawn.

Ok, I've watched the trailer.
And I still have no idea as to the movie's plot.
Thanks for not spoiling the movie, trailer people!

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Holy shit. Brendan Gleeson? Stephen Root? Tom Waits? Liam Neeson? Tyne Daily? Tim Blake Nelson?

Yeah, I think I'm more than a little in. I think I know what I'm doing November 16.

I'd give John C Reilly the Oscar based on the trailer alone. Damn. Coogan seems amazing as well.
I don’t know if I really want to have the reality of their off-camera lives thrown in my face, but...I agree that their acting job is stunning.
Mary Poppins Returns
Full Trailer
I’m not sure about this. I know it wants to be a sequel to Mary Poppins and capture all of the charm, whimsy, and lessons of the original, but the trailer feels more like Harry Potter and the Story of How Professor Poppins Spent Her Summer Break.

—Patrick

A new trailer is due soon for Bumblebee.

Here is a clip from the sneak preview of that trailer that shows yet another reason to be cautiously optimistic about the new film.