[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

This looks like it might be fun.

Extra props to whatever editor went through all the trouble to match up the action beats with Dean Martin’s crooning.

—Patrick

Last edited:
I thought "gritty dramatic take on Fresh Prince" sounded like the dumbest thing. But goddamn if that latest trailer doesn't sell it for me.

I'm calling it now: Geoffrey is the kind of guy who will murder and hide bodies for you. Tell me he doesn't look like the type of person who would murder and hide bodies for you.

Am i the only one that's bothered by the fact that Uncle Phil isn't bigger? Not necessarily overweight, but he should at least be larger then Will.

Just kind of ruins the dynamic.

Moonfall

This looks absolutely fucking bonkers and I kinda want to see it?

To me, the trailer felt a lot like Don't Look Up, except without the dark humor and juuuuuuuust enough of a twist to keep it from being a copy.

You should have kept watching the wall, Tarly!

X

Welp, I don't know what to make of this, but I know I'm intrigued.
(Which, let's be honest, you could probably use that to describe any A24 trailer.)

Could just imagine Dave pitching this to the rest of the band.

Band "So wait, your story slash movie involves you murdering all of us in cold blood?"

Dave "Well, when you put it like that it sounds weird."

I read that so wrongly at first, because I thought you were talking about our @Dave , and also misinterpreted "story slash movie" like, of course it's a slash movie, didn't you watch the trailer?

--Patrick

I read that so wrongly at first, because I thought you were talking about our @Dave , and also misinterpreted "story slash movie" like, of course it's a slash movie, didn't you watch the trailer?
Haha guess I should have been more specific with the name. As for the "slash" I just wanted to imply a conversation and felt typing out slash rather then using the symbol would be more clear that this was people talking to each other, guess I was wrong.

Dave

Staff member
I actually thought that as well for a hot second, especially since it immediately followed my post. But then I read a few more words and went, "Ah! I get it! Many people are named Dave! There's even a song about it!"