[Movies] The Upcoming Movies Trailer Thread

Kurt Russell will probably always be on my "cool" list. Big Trouble in Little China was in heavy rotation in my VHS player as a kid. He will be an outstanding Santa Claus.

That looks terrible... and yet they had me at Kurt Russel as Santa Claus.
Agreed. It looks like a very generic Santa and kids save Christmas movie. We have seemingly hundreds of those.
But they don't have Kurt Russel as Santa Claus and this one does.
Sooooooooooo... definitely gonna watch.

I knew I'd be in as soon as I saw RR was the voice (I may be a bit of a fanboy), but that actually looks worth watching. Nice.

I'm also more excited for Detective Pikachu and largely with @Dave. Toy Story 4 shouldn't be happening. 3 was a perfect conclusion to that story. I'm sure it will be great and they'll change my mind because Pixar but so far I've not heard or seen anything making me question my stance.

One thing that I am curious about, that I'm hoping is addressed is when does a spork gain toy sentience? When the googly eyes are put on? The mouth or the pipe cleaner arms? At what point does an inanimate thing become a toy and gain it's sentience.

The mind boggles.

Last edited:
I'm having a hard time getting excited about Toy Story 4 as well. It feels like milking the cash cow at this point.