Export thread

The Random Crap Thread

Limit: 500

fade

fade

Got something that's unworthy of a whole thread in and of itself, yet you wouldn't mind posting it?

Why not post it here?

I'll start.

Why is so much energy devoted to desktop appearance (i.e. wallpaper, GeekTool, Samaurize, RainMeter, etc.) when you rarely see the thing? Sure, it's impressive during startup, but then you never see it again. I've got two 23-inch LCDs, and I see maybe a centimeter or two all around. I admit, it's tempting. Every time I see a beautiful desktop on Lifehacker, I run out and customize mine, but then I think, why did I do that?

Fun Size

Fun Size

In before someone posts an actual photo of a random crap.

fade

fade

Also, I offended my entire guild in WoW the other (yes, I still play despite my rants--I'm not giving up something I paid for) night by guild-chatting "Is it wrong to yell 'Look at me! I'm Jesus!' every time I cast water walking?" Sweet.

MindDetective

MindDetective

fade said:
Also, I offended my entire guild in WoW the other (yes, I still play despite my rants--I'm not giving up something I paid for) night by guild-chatting "Is it wrong to yell 'Look at me! I'm Jesus!' every time I cast water walking?" Sweet.
Why does it bother me so much that you put your parenthetical after "other" and not after "night" (or even "WoW")? :grrr:

fade

fade

I don't (does it really bother you that much?) know.

ElJuski

ElJuski

And with this thread, Stien's and Neon Grue's thread counts dropped significantly.

:Leyla:

MindDetective

MindDetective

fade said:
I don't (does it really bother you that much?) know.
I hate you. :humph:

quandofloo

Fun Size said:
This is the perfect place. I read your blog fairly regularly but don't comment on it because it appears that I am the only one that reads it. I just had to add something to two of the recent postings.

First, the greatest thing about being a software developer is the ability to wear jeans and random shirts whenever you feel like it. Your Taco Bell shirt is appreciated by those in your field.

Second, when I hurt my shoulder moving refrigerators and had to have surgery a few times I just started telling everyone I got shot or that I got hit by a train.

And GIS for random crap:

Hylian

Hylian

I have always wondered something. You know when you pay at a restaurant with a debit/credit card they have that piece of paper where you put the tip and than the new total. well what would they do if you wrote the tip as minus X amount of money and subtracted that from the total? I would like to do it as a joke just to see their reaction but I think I am to chicken to try it in real life.

Fun Size

Fun Size

hylian said:
I have always wondered something. You know when you pay at a restaurant with a debit/credit card they have that piece of paper where you put the tip and than the new total. well what would they do if you wrote the tip as minus X amount of money and subtracted that from the total? I would like to do it as a joke just to see their reaction but I think I am to chicken to try it in real life.
How about this - you pick up Chinese food, and that Tip line is there. Do you ignore it, or put in a zero to prevent an unscrupulous employee from filling it in?

quandofloo

If I have to get out of the car and pick up food I put a dash in it and make sure to write down the total amount on the total line. I can never decide if I should tip when I order curb-side pickup at places like Applebees though.

MindDetective said:
Why does it bother me so much that you put your parenthetical after "other" and not after "night" (or even "WoW")? :grrr:
:rofl:

I posted somewhere or tweeted or something a couple of days ago where I split a phrase with a parenthetical and it drove me craaaaazy because I couldn't edit it.

Fun Size

Fun Size

quandofloo said:
Fun Size said:
This is the perfect place. I read your blog fairly regularly but don't comment on it because it appears that I am the only one that reads it. I just had to add something to two of the recent postings.

First, the greatest thing about being a software developer is the ability to wear jeans and random shirts whenever you feel like it. Your Taco Bell shirt is appreciated by those in your field.

Second, when I hurt my shoulder moving refrigerators and had to have surgery a few times I just started telling everyone I got shot or that I got hit by a train.
Before I forget, thanks. And feel free to comment - ever since I moved from blogging for therapeutic reasons and converting to almost entirely writing it for entertainment purposes, I encourage mass readership. :slywink:

figmentPez

figmentPez

How many states of matter are there? There the basic three: solid, liquid and gas, but there are also plasmas and super-solids (Bose-Einstein Condensate?). What about gels and liquid crystals, are those states of matter? What about glass?

Jake

Jake

figmentPez said:
How many states of matter are there? There the basic three: solid, liquid and gas, but there are also plasmas and super-solids (Bose-Einstein Condensate?). What about gels and liquid crystals, are those states of matter? What about glass?
Yes.

quandofloo

figmentPez said:
Isn't super cooled helium a super-liquid? I always though glass was a solid. Is there something inherent to glass that would make it a special case that I am not aware of?

ElJuski

ElJuski

I thought glass does shift with time, like old buildings have windows with thicker glass on the bottom versus the top. But it's still a solid, right?

figmentPez

figmentPez

quandofloo said:
I always though glass was a solid. Is there something inherent to glass that would make it a special case that I am not aware of?
Glass is somewhere between a fluid and a solid. It's structure is like a fluid, but it moves so slow as to be a solid. There are many materials that are glasses. Also, scientists are studying how to make drugs that are glass in structure instead of the normal crystals of solids, so that they'll dissolve more easily.

ElJuski said:
I thought glass does shift with time, like old buildings have windows with thicker glass on the bottom versus the top. But it's still a solid, right?
What I've read is that this is a myth. Old glass just tends to be thicker in places, and some are thicker on the bottom, some on top. Glass "flows" so slowly at normal temperatures that it would take billions of years to flow enough to be the cause of the old window panes thickness variance.

My cat's breath smells like cat food. Made from ASS.

ElJuski

ElJuski

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm trying to get myself to enjoy tea again. Mreh... I just finished a cup, and it was only good until I got about halfway down. What the hell, man? I used to love it.

klew

klew

There's something up with my eye, something is on the inside surface of my left eye socket that causes the contact lens to shift around every time I blink, meaning the lens is often off-center, causing worse vision than if the lens was absent. I don't know if it is a bit of mucus stuck there, or a pimple-like growth. I can see it if I pull my eyelid up and shine a flashlight in there, but too far back for me to want to try to poke/scrape at it. It only started happening when I moved here, so maybe it's an allergic reaction to the multitude of tropical plants/flowers/trees, which will only get worse as we head into spring. Maybe I should go home and visit an eye doctor.

König

Le Quack

http://madonnablog.files.wordpress.com/ ... 9-2003.jpg

Are you shitting us? Yeah you are. Image NSFW or weak stomachs. -ZM

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

...That's fucking disgusting.

Gurpel

Gurpel

its a shop i can tell because of the pixels.

also its basically just a mirroring.

ElJuski

ElJuski

yeah I definately am not popping back into this fuckin thread again

Bubble181

Bubble181

I read "dangerously low on grog" too!

...well, whenever someone links it. I tend ot forget and then go "oh, right! That's fun!" and read some.
Get a better interface for browsing backwards. Also, make threads about interesting new posts. :thumbsup:

I thought there were 4 distinct states of matter (plasma being the fourth), with everything else being variations on those (like superfluids and crap). Glass depends on your definition; but tends to be regarded as a solid.

Krisken

Krisken

Definitely not worth it's own thread, but something I happened to notice on the board.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Krisken said:

Definitely not worth it's own thread, but something I happened to notice on the board.
Oh not again :aaahhh:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Oh, the Vogonity! :geek:

chakz

Le Quack said:
http://madonnablog.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/poop_05-29-2003.jpg

Are you shitting us? Yeah you are. Image NSFW or weak stomachs. -ZM

Why do you do these things?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Not a rant really... I just feel guilty right now. My loyalty to my buddy is going a little too far. I heard it through the grapevine that his horrible ex girlfriend got dumped by this dude she started dating really shortly after him. Their being together was almost as devastating as the breakup, because she had told him he was "the one" and she saw a future with him, etc etc. The whole reason she dumped my friend was that she pretty much gave him a marriage ultimatum that he couldn't fully agree to... what do you say when your significant othe gives you a one-year or less quota on that kind of shit when you're 22 years old?!

So, she decides "she's holding him back, he needs space to really grow" when we all know that she didn't have the courage to just say what she really meant: "I want the shiny ring and 10 babies, and you can't give them to me when I want them." Or even, "I'm breaking up with you because it's what I want for me" instead of making herself seem like a goddamn martyr. So she started dating a dude who was way older and who clearly had the assets to get her dream family started immediately. Then he dumped her. Well, well, well...

I'm feeling really sadistic right now, I guess, because I was glad to hear it. Maybe now she knows a little of what he went through, damnit. It's hard to communicate just how much she tormented him. He truly thought there was something wrong with himself for a while, when what really happened was that he was honest with her and she didn't like what he had to say. And HE'S been on some really fun dates lately. All is right, as far as I'm concerned.

So I guess the moral here is... don't fuck with the people I love. Because it makes me a terrible person. :\ God I've never felt so awful and so good all at once. Seriously. And there's no one awake who I can tell right now. For the record, I don't wish eternal misery on this person... but this feels like some sort of delicious payback. I hope he said "it's not you, it's me."

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Not a rant really... I just feel guilty right now. My loyalty to my buddy is going a little too far. I heard it through the grapevine that his horrible ex girlfriend got dumped by this dude she started dating really shortly after him. Their being together was almost as devastating as the breakup, because she had told him he was "the one" and she saw a future with him, etc etc. The whole reason she dumped my friend was that she pretty much gave him a marriage ultimatum that he couldn't fully agree to... what do you say when your significant othe gives you a one-year or less quota on that kind of shit when you're 22 years old?!

So, she decides "she's holding him back, he needs space to really grow" when we all know that she didn't have the courage to just say what she really meant: "I want the shiny ring and 10 babies, and you can't give them to me when I want them." Or even, "I'm breaking up with you because it's what I want for me" instead of making herself seem like a goddamn martyr. So she started dating a dude who was way older and who clearly had the assets to get her dream family started immediately. Then he dumped her. Well, well, well...

I'm feeling really sadistic right now, I guess, because I was glad to hear it. Maybe now she knows a little of what he went through, damnit. It's hard to communicate just how much she tormented him. He truly thought there was something wrong with himself for a while, when what really happened was that he was honest with her and she didn't like what he had to say. And HE'S been on some really fun dates lately. All is right, as far as I'm concerned.

So I guess the moral here is... don't fuck with the people I love. Because it makes me a terrible person. :\ God I've never felt so awful and so good all at once. Seriously. And there's no one awake who I can tell right now. For the record, I don't wish eternal misery on this person... but this feels like some sort of delicious payback. I hope he said "it's not you, it's me."
I know exactly where you're coming from. :)

I... dunno how much else I should say on a public forum. ;)

Sounds like you're feeling satisfied that the universe conspired to give her some justice.

Nothing wrong with that as far as I'm concerned, CG :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thanks, fellas. Glad to know I don't sound like a megabitch... probably just a normal one, huh? ;p

Anyways, nighty night! Easter bbq tomorrow!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yup, not all that strange to have some schadenfreude over people who hurt you or those close to you get hit by karma. It's one of those things even Buddha probably had :-P

That said, if it makes you feel better, I can call you a megabitch for a while? :-P

ElJuski

ElJuski

Shadenfreude is humanity. If it wasn't, we wouldn't be celebrating the one dude who (purportedly) overcame that shit. Relish in your nasty side every once in a while = 3

Cajungal

Cajungal

Bubble181 said:
Yup, not all that strange to have some schadenfreude over people who hurt you or those close to you get hit by karma. It's one of those things even Buddha probably had :-P

That said, if it makes you feel better, I can call you a megabitch for a while? :-P
Fine with me. It's my nickname for myself. People I know swear I'm nice, but I get to live inside my own head. So ya know... I know the truth. I don't feel guilty about it anymore, but I'm not still laughing maniacally over her misfortune either. I just can't respect a girl who passive-aggressively torments a dude and then pretty much tells a fresh-off-the-graduation-stage fellow "marry me now or it means you're childish."

Krisken

Krisken

I'm out of shows to watch, so I'm watching Ghost Hunters. I know it's pretty much crap, but it's still fun to watch.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Judge Joe Brown is my guilty pleasure, Krisky. It's fun to watch people fight about cell phone bills after living with their "soul mate" for all of two months.

Krisken

Krisken

Cajungal said:
Judge Joe Brown is my guilty pleasure, Krisky. It's fun to watch people fight about cell phone bills after living with their "soul mate" for all of two months.
hehe, maybe I should have made a "guilty pleasures t.v. show thread.

Wahad

Wahad

König said:
...I feel ashamed being Dutch now. :eek:i:

I mean, it might be true, but it is not their place to do this. Much less on a fucking television show.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Bubble181 said:

Eh... no sorry, that's not schadenfreude... if she choked on her wedding ring or something... now that would be both ironic and schadenfreude material...

ElJuski

ElJuski

Krisken said:
Cajungal said:
hehe, maybe I should have made a "guilty pleasures t.v. show thread.
Next / Parental Control

Gusto

Gusto

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUEO9Mfmn4M:1b7t8vh5][/youtube:1b7t8vh5]

The best thing I've seen today.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I get a lot of spam in my email that makes sense. That is, I can see some people (not me) being tempted to open it. But I got the strangest one today...

"Celebrities' hairy armpits!"

I instantly imagine sad human beings who wish to make themselves feel better by looking at pictures of successful people and thinking, "HAH! You can afford 3 houses but you can't afford a fuckin' Schick Quattro for Women, you loser?!"

Gusto

Gusto

I CAN'T STOP RUBBING MY HEAD.

:bush:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:

Is it because you're old?

-- Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:50 pm --

Or are you making wishes?

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I CAN'T STOP RUBBING GUSTO'S HEAD

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Hanging a picture required channel lock pliers today.

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Gusto said:

Is it because you're old?

-- Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:50 pm --

Or are you making wishes?

Cuz I got my hair cut EXTRA SHORT today.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hey it looks good! :uhhuh: Se sure to sunscreen your head in Cuba.

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Hey it looks good! :uhhuh: Se sure to sunscreen your head in Cuba.
That's the whole reason I did it, Seej!

The little lady hasn't seen it yet, but she will tomorrow. Bet I get laughed at. :)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Bumble the Boy Wonder said:
I CAN'T STOP RUBBING GUSTO'S HEAD

Bumble: Apply directly to the forehead

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Gusto said:
Best part about Canada, all Canadian women are incredibly good looking, so to balance this all Canadian men are fuck ugly.

Gusto

Gusto

:(

Gusto said:
Awww.

*rubs Gusto's fuzzy head*

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Gusto said:
Hey guy. Don't be blue. It don't suit you.

I said there's no food. Do you want to order some?

Gusto

Gusto

Allen said:
Gusto said:
Hey guy. Don't be blue. It don't suit you.

I said there's no food. Do you want to order some?
I... I really don't know.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

*walks away*

Gusto

Gusto

Allen said:
*walks away*
I disappointed him.

I wonder if he likes soccer. Maybe we could do a thing.

Silvanesti

Gusto said:
don't be sad man. I'de sex you up :unibrow:

ElJuski

ElJuski

HGCLNS...

http://achievements.schrankmonster.de/Achievement.aspx

-- Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:25 pm --

THE PIC IS SPODA BE AN UNLOCKED ACHIEVMENT FOR BEIN A PRICK >: [

figmentPez

figmentPez

Yum. Just finished eating some gorilla bread. It's like monkey bread, except there's cream cheese at the center of each of the dough balls.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I miss my fellow. I hate Baton Rouge.

I bought the Kane 3-disc DVD over the weekend. I'm probably in the minority, but he's always been one of my favourite wrestlers.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

ThatNickGuy said:
I bought the Kane 3-disc DVD over the weekend. I'm probably in the minority, but he's always been one of my favourite wrestlers.
I was hoping he'd win the money in the bank at WM...

...well... actually I wanted Christian to win.. But when Kane was grabbing for that case I was on the edge of my seat!

EDIT: Goddamnit, this never works for me.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Just in, I almost backstabbed (not figuratively) someone, thankfully I've gained self-control over the years. Yay me!

And I really need a drink.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I just watched the first of the three-disc The Best of the Rock compilation. Now I want to watch some more wrestling. Gah! It's a silly thing to waste my precious time on!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

ThatNickGuy said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIk2MpIbqX4

EDIT: Goddamnit, this never works for me.
Code:
[YouTube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIk2MpIbqX4][/YouTube]
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIk2MpIbqX4:2k9qjp0a][/youtube:2k9qjp0a]

fade

fade

Well, terrible though it may be, the guy they cast to play Son Goku in Dragonball Evolution sure looks exactly like the drawn character. At least in the face.

Philosopher B.

http://www.cinemassacre.com/new/

I am terribly disturbed at what constituted 'gaming' at one point. :bush:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Graghl. Not good or bad--in the middle.

The good: I'm having one of those emotional moments where I want to hug someone while jumping up and down at the same time.

The bad: No one's here.

So I'm feeling good but frustrated. Jumping up and down myself isn't cutting it. O well. ^_^ At least I'm happy at all. *hop hop hop*

Alucard

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2kGdZ-6Yjo:2g6ag1m1][/youtube:2g6ag1m1]

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Today's Dinosaur Comic reminded me of Gusto. I don't feel like making a thread for it.

alt text: it's not swearing if you don't enunciate the last phoneme. PRO TIP

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU67r0-QgZs:119mm0tm][/youtube:119mm0tm]

:Leyla: :Leyla: :Leyla: :Leyla: :Leyla: :Leyla: :Leyla:

Wow, I got nothing.

Cajungal

Cajungal

M'gonna buy me a ukulele.

Gusto

Gusto

Allen said:
Today's Dinosaur Comic reminded me of Gusto. I don't feel like making a thread for it.

alt text: it's not swearing if you don't enunciate the last phoneme. PRO TIP
My name is Gusto and I approve of this message.

ElJuski

ElJuski

OH NO SPIDERS

Cajungal

Cajungal

BananaHands

BananaHands

:hump:

Considering this is random, I just really wanted to use this smiley, but never saw the chance.

I also had a dream last night where I was having sex with a girl in the middle of a control room of a news station, while the girls I've been 'seeing' lately looked on. I'm still not sure how to interpret that whole thing.

Cajungal

Cajungal

This just in: That's never happened to me before in my life, I swear...

No, but really, I've had weird dreams like that... I've stopped trying to interpret and just had fun filling my journals. :D

ElJuski

ElJuski

BananaHands said:
:hump:

Considering this is random, I just really wanted to use this smiley, but never saw the chance.

I also had a dream last night where I was having sex with a girl in the middle of a control room of a news station, while the girls I've been 'seeing' lately looked on. I'm still not sure how to interpret that whole thing.
YOU ARE A WHORE SIR :angry:

Cajungal

Cajungal

I had some drama with paypal but I STILL own a ukulele. I think it'll be here by Friday I'd like to start posting videos of me strumming away when I'm good enough. Goody goody :D

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Are you gonna play it while you tiptoe through the tulips?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nah, but there's a patch of clover flowers just outside... those are good for tiptoeing. :p

ElJuski

ElJuski

<3 Tiny Tim

Cajungal

Cajungal

God, this is the "all about CG" thread lately, but lots of good things are happening that I have to blab on and on about, I s'pose. Jake and I are comin' up on 6 years this month. :) I'm excited. I'm not sure what to give him. It's hard to get gifts for him NOW... since for our first Christmas together I gave him what is STILL his favorite gift: A handpainted box with the principles of Bushido painted in calligraphy (bad calligraphy but still) on the sides.

O well. We always have fun on that day, no matter what. We usually go back to the old bar where we first told each other we liked each other. For our 4th anniversary, we got a very special show. We witnessed this really nasty fight between these 2 guys, and just as the police were cuffing the second guy, a tiny little sobbing girl in a green halter top JUMPS on top of the cop and screams, "DON'T TAKE HIM, I LOVE HIM!!! :shock: It was like being ON Cops while they were filming! When we were driving home, we saw her in cuffs too.

Anyway.... yeah.... what's going on with you?

strawman

strawman

Just replaced my wife's computer with a nice quad core machine, blue-ray drive, and 25.5" screen.

We're finally enjoying blue ray movies.

It only hurts a little that her computer is better than mine, and we don't compare screen sizes anymore either (I'm 1.5" smaller! :waah: )

But Wall-E and Ratatouille are gorgeous, along with a few other HD moveis we've seen since.

She hasn't tried WoW on it yet - took nearly two days to get all the patches, but I'm pretty sure it'll knock her socks off, compared to what she had before.

-Adam

Alucard

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01SBFKo91oM:6ezkkloj][/youtube:6ezkkloj]

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Nothing much. I'm still pissed off with GB.

And I accidentally scraped open a mole in my armpit. Stings like heck...

Cajungal

Cajungal

North_Ranger said:
Nothing much. I'm still pissed off with GB.

And I accidentally scraped open a mole in my armpit. Stings like heck...
What did Great Britain do to you??

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I mean our resident Ewok.

Me and the Brits, we're cool.

Alucard

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_WI0VI7aIw:39z7b2a5][/youtube:39z7b2a5]

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Motivation. Where are you? Mot-i-va-cion. Donde es tu?

Flim-flam. Eggs and ham.
Blip-boop. Dripping droop.
Flip-flop. Soggy mop.
Bing-bang. I saw the whole gang, dancing on my living room floor.

Gusto

Gusto

I had a dream last night that seems like it could be written pretty easily into an Ocean's 11/The Italian Job crime caper. With an interesting "romantic" subplot.

Cajungal

Cajungal

drawn_inward said:
Motivation. Where are you? Mot-i-va-cion. Donde es tu?

Flim-flam. Eggs and ham.
Blip-boop. Dripping droop.
Flip-flop. Soggy mop.
Bing-bang. I saw the whole gang, dancing on my living room floor.
Donde eres tu. OR--Donde es usted?

:D *looks to Spanish speaking friends for approval*

I have found quite the treasure trove of weird stuff in an hour or so of web surfing today. Not eyebleach weird at all, just various little bizarre pockets of the Internet I hadn't been to before. I should surf more randomly more frequently.

BananaHands

BananaHands

PhantomShadow said:
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01SBFKo91oM:16002qpi][/youtube:16002qpi]
As much as I'd like to think that I'd evolved since puberty, I seriously could watch that all day.

Scarlet Varlet

While cleaning spinach for dinner I found a chrysalis. I've torn the leaf and placed it in a jar in the window. The chrysalis spent about a week in the refridgerator, but bugs are rather resiliant, so I'm hopeful it will open some day.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What if the bug turns out to be the butterfly Antichrist? Think of the pain and suffering you have caused billions upon billions of butterflies, now condemned to fly against uncaring windshields because their NIO (=New Insect Order) masters have put fluoride in their drinking water!

fade

fade

I don't think I've seen a movie trailer reviewed as highly as "Where the Wild Things Are". I hope the movie lives up to the trailer. (Also nice use of Arcade Fire)

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm watching He's just not that into you right now, and I'm yelling at the screen the way I imagine someone might yell at a game. This is all advice I've been giving since I was 16... well besides the marriage stuff. I haven't had to deal with "why-won't-he-marry-me" issues before. It's still funny, though.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I want this car:

fade

fade

That could fit snugly into the back of the regular A-Team van. Like a reconnaissance vehicle.

Gusto

Gusto

I'm cooking some goddamn NACHOS and I thought you guys might want to know.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:aaahhh: OMGNACHOS

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Gusto said:
IF I AM A PILGRIM TO GOMORRAH, THEN I AM A PILGRIM TO GOMORRAH, BUT JUDGE ME NOT 'TIL YE HAVE ALSO HAVE SURRENDERED TO THE BLADE OF ECSTASY THAT IS THE NACHO CHIP!

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
:aaahhh: OMGNACHOS
liek srsly

-- Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:35 pm --

CynicismKills said:
Gusto said:
IF I AM A PILGRIM TO GOMORRAH, THEN I AM A PILGRIM TO GOMORRAH, BUT JUDGE ME NOT 'TIL YE HAVE ALSO HAVE SURRENDERED TO THE BLADE OF ECSTASY THAT IS THE NACHO CHIP!
It is sure to rai?e as many que?tions as it sati?fies.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I BOO THE NACHO!

Gusto

Gusto

DID GOD BOO JESUS AS HE WAITED TO BE BORN?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

BOOOOOOOOOO

Gusto

Gusto

[spoiler:2kcl14cs]Since you're practically begging for it:[/spoiler:2kcl14cs]

WHO AMONG YOU WILL BE THE FIRST PUBLIC MAN TO TASTE OF THE NACHO?

WHO SHALL PROVE THAT A WELSHMAN FEARS NOT THE UNKNOWN?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Not me. :p

I just made a salad with corn, black beans, tomato, onion, avocado, and cilantro. My aunt calls it Texas caviar... but I don't know if that's common.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

[spoiler:3lwyfdgk]How did you know?[/spoiler:3lwyfdgk] :smirk:

SUCH IS MY LOVE FOR WALES THAT I MUST ACCEPT YOUR HIDEOUS CHALLENGE!

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:

I just made a salad with corn, black beans, tomato, onion, avocado, and cilantro. My aunt calls it Texas caviar... but I don't know if that's common.
You had me until cilantro. :confused:

Bubble181

Bubble181

I just spent a day shopping with a friend, and I came back suddenly owning:
- Antz
- Alien
- Predator
- Total Recall
- Terminator II
- Serenity
- The Chronicles of Riddick
- Dead or Alive
- Der Untergang
- The Pianist
- Brotherhood of War

...I think I may have forgotten I'm supposed to be o na budget and was gonna buy less movies :paranoid:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Gusto said:
Cajungal said:

CG has been seduced by the dark side of cooking: cilantro, MANGO SALSA!

Gusto

Gusto

Bubble181 said:
- Antz
- Alien
- Predator
- Total Recall
- Terminator II
- Serenity
- Dead or Alive
- Der Untergang
- The Pianist
- Brotherhood of War

...I think I may have forgotten I'm supposed to be o na budget and was gonna buy less movies :paranoid:
You BOUGHT Dead or Alive?

Batdan

Cajungal said:

It sure is. When my gf makes that, I make sure we're stocked with tortilla chips for dipping!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Gusto said:
Bubble181 said:
- Antz
- Alien
- Predator
- Total Recall
- Terminator II
- Serenity
- Dead or Alive
- Der Untergang
- The Pianist
- Brotherhood of War

You BOUGHT Dead or Alive?

It was a five-pack with the four above it, for €30. Heck, it could be a blank disc for all I care, I'd pay that just for those other four :-P

Cajungal

Cajungal

Allen said:
Gusto said:
Cajungal said:

CG has been seduced by the dark side of cooking: cilantro, MANGO SALSA!
IROOOOOON COOOOOOOOKUuuuuuuu!!!!

Hey now... I do NOT make mango salsa! And the cilantro just goes well with the vegetables. It's only a pinch! Surely that's not evil. :confused: Is it?.......

Gusto

Gusto

It may just be me, but cilantro tastes like soap.

Discuss.

Vagabond

V.Bond

Gusto said:

Discuss.
:humph:

NO.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Soap? Huh, I've never gotten that. I DO think that it's way overused and that too much of it makes a meal taste bitter and unpleasant. I really only put it in that dip because it goes well with the ingredients... in small amounts.

There's a great noodle house in my hometown that serves delicious Pho... except for the mound of cilantro on top of it. I always take it out, otherwise it's just gnarsty.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

"Ah ha caught you Vyvyan! Putting my ketchup on your cornflakes!"
"I couldn't get any milk out of the fridge."
"Why, what are you a spazzy?"
"No,.. as it happens there's an atom bomb in front of the door."
"Thats the most pathetic excuse I have ever ... WOOD and WALTERS!"
"That's an atom bomb!"

figmentPez

figmentPez

Gusto said:

Discuss.
Which type of cilantro? The leaf, the dried fruit (also called coriander) or the seeds?

Leafy cilantro is essential to salsa and pico de gallo. If you hate cilantro, you pretty much hate most mexican food.

Coriander is an awesome spice, and is very versatile. It's nothing like soap.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cajungal said:
Soap? Huh, I've never gotten that. I DO think that it's way overused and that too much of it makes a meal taste bitter and unpleasant. I really only put it in that dip because it goes well with the ingredients... in small amounts.

There's a great noodle house in my hometown that serves delicious Pho... except for the mound of cilantro on top of it. I always take it out, otherwise it's just gnarsty.
I agree about Pho. They use SO GODDAMN MUCH in anything, and it overpowers all the good stuff.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yuuuuuuup. I like extra cabbage and no cilantro, but they won't do anything special. :\ I've started making my own.

Gusto

Gusto

Pho sho'.

:D

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:
Pho sho'.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Gusto said:
Pho sho'.

:toocool:

Gusto

Gusto

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Gusto said:

Cajungal

Cajungal

........If that's from House.... then I need to watch House.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cajungal said:
........If that's from House.... then I need to watch House.
It is. From this past season, he's treating a deaf patient.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, Jeepers. I think I'm in love.

tegid

tegid

Bubble181 said:
I read "dangerously low on grog" too!

...well, whenever someone links it. I tend ot forget and then go "oh, right! That's fun!" and read some.
Get a better interface for browsing backwards. Also, make threads about interesting new posts. :thumbsup:

I thought there were 4 distinct states of matter (plasma being the fourth), with everything else being variations on those (like superfluids and crap). Glass depends on your definition; but tends to be regarded as a solid.
Nonono it tends to be regarded as a liquid! It floooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooows!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sure is quiet in here.

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Sure is quiet in here.
:Leyla: WHAAAAT

Wasabi Poptart

NACHOS!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Cajungal said:
Sure is quiet in here.
Not without me it isn't.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Allen said:
Cajungal said:
Sure is quiet in here.
Not without me it isn't.
^_^ Penguins, although quiet, are avid photographers.

GAH I'm sorry. I know I comment a lot on your avatar but... Damnit, so cute!!! I want flightless birds to come up to me and take pictures for real!!!!

And for my random thought of the night... I'm having some very delicious plain yogurt, cheerios, and blueberries.... so good. ^_^ I'm also enjoying this MST very much.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I hear you loud and clear.

On account of how quiet it is.

Which MST is it?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hobgoblins. :D

The crowd threw beef gravy on him!!!

Batdan

Cajungal said:
Hobgoblins. :D

The crowd threw beef gravy on him!!!
QUIT THROWING PUPPETS AT ME!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Where's Krisken been?

Bubble181

Bubble181

Good quesiton.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cajungal said:
Where's Krisken been?
Couple folks got him pretty riled up in a thread awhile back about suicide, I haven't seen him since.

fade

fade

I went through the memberlist and looked at the websites of the people I actually recognized.

Bubble181

Bubble181

How'd you like the all-dutch forum :-P

fade

fade

That was Dutch? I just thought someone was trying to transcribe a sneeze.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hatshoehowareyoudoing *sniffle*

What? It's Dutch I tell you! :-P

Cajungal

Cajungal

Bubble181 said:
I had to pay for half of everything in that forum.

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Bubble181 said:
I had to pay for half of everything in that forum.
IRONIC.

Because I pay for everything at the half forum.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

gusto, no matter how much you keep paying, you won't bring her back

Pojodan

Scarlet Varlet

Road-rage man hit my car. I didn't listen to him try to explain it to the officer, but I'm certain it would have been good for a laugh.

Gusto

Gusto

Allen said:
gusto, no matter how much you keep paying, you won't bring her back
Ain't that a shame.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I guess it depends. I'd imagine the severity of the shame is directly proportionate to how much you blame yourself. If you do blame yourself, just remember that you can't keep living in the past.

Cajungal

Cajungal

What are you people talking about?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cajungal said:
Whadda you mean, YOU people?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

CynicismKills said:
Cajungal said:
Whadda you mean, YOU people?

"What do YOU mean, 'You people'?"

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I just wanna know what she means, no reason to get all sassy.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I assume you're all Inuit. So that's what I mean.

:p

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cajungal said:
I assume you're all Inuit. So that's what I mean.

:p
You're lucky I left my whale harpoon in the igloo, missy, or you'd be in trouble. :angry:

Now if you'll excuse me, the sled dogs are hungry.

Philosopher B.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUikER6TUoc:3hwv0p8m][/youtube:3hwv0p8m]

fade

fade

I just assume you're all imaginary elements of my personality, like Herman's Head. I have no idea what Mav is supposed to represent.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm wondering about someone else now... haven't seen Silvanesti in a while.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Cajungal said:
I'm wondering about someone else now... haven't seen Silvanesti in a while.
Curse his sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I had a dream last night about Bumble. I was babysitting my niece, and she was acting really insane. The doorbell rings, and when I answer it, he's standing at the door with armfuls of those jumbo bags of popcorn you can buy at bulk stores.

He shouts, "This will help!" And starts throwing it everywhere.

:confused:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Hm...if it were really Bumble, he probably would have shown up at your door with a doodle depicting him showing up at your door with jumbo bags of popcorn, saying "this will help", and then throwing it everywhere.

Cajungal

Cajungal

RIGHT?!

Gusto

Gusto

RIGHT!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

you're bloody well right and you've got the bloody right to say it

Cajungal

Cajungal

Dang it allen, why do you choose the most hypnotic sigs? First that crazy lady and now this.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I pick sigs based on how much I like looking at them

Cajungal

Cajungal

That is, hands down, the best part of Mary Poppins.... well, AFTER the tea party on the ceiling.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I also love to laugh.

Gusto

Gusto

Gusto

Gusto

I made chicken fajitas for dinner and it made me think of CG the whole time.

I tweeted about it and WildSoul confirmed that she had the same experience a few days back.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:

I tweeted about it and WildSoul confirmed that she had the same experience a few days back.

Gusto

Gusto

Mine weren't post-coital though.

Forgiveness, plz.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hahaha, np, I just had one of those clarifying moments where I realize that a fairly big group of people knows that about me.

Pojodan

Cajungal said:
Hahaha, np, I just had one of those clarifying moments where I realize that a fairly big group of people knows that about me.
Once again, I'm out of the loop.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I didnb't know that yet, if that helps any. When I was just about to be born, I was picking traits, and was all : "Short term memory...Nyeh, I can do without one of those. Give me an extra inch where it matters". When I remember to, I regret my decision :tongue:

Gurpel

Gurpel

Pojodan said:
Cajungal said:

whoah who are you?

-- Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:04 pm --

Bubble181 said:
I didnb't know that yet, if that helps any. When I was just about to be born, I was picking traits, and was all : "Short term memory...Nyeh, I can do without one of those. Give me an extra inch where it matters". When I remember to, I regret my decision :tongue:
what they only gave you one inch? heh i got

whoah who are you?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Pojodan said:
Cajungal said:
In this case, Pojo, that's perfectly ok. ^_^; This is from back where we had nothing to talk about but sex.... the Great Libido Storm of November Aught Eight.

Wasabi Poptart

Cajungal said:
Gusto said:

Gusto said:
Mine weren't post-coital though.

Forgiveness, plz.
Mine either. It was a last minute decision and I happened to have everything I needed to make them.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man, don't you just LOVE that?

A month ago I REALLY wanted to make chocolate chip cookies, but I didn't have any grocery money for non-essentials. Turned out I had everything I needed--even the chips. I never have those. It was awesome. :D

Bubble181 said:
Give me an extra inch where it matters
Too bad no one heard the "extra."

Wasabi Poptart

Cajungal said:
Man, don't you just LOVE that?

A month ago I REALLY wanted to make chocolate chip cookies, but I didn't have any grocery money for non-essentials. Turned out I had everything I needed--even the chips. I never have those. It was awesome. :D
I did have one problem. The tortillas I had were starting to mold. I didn't see it until I started taking them out of the package because it was in between them. No biggie really. The grocery store is almost exactly 2 minutes from my house. I got everything cooked up, then ran out to the store. Dinner was a bit late, but fajitas are worth it. :D

Bubble181

Bubble181

ZenMonkey said:
Bubble181 said:
Give me an extra inch where it matters
Too bad no one heard the "extra."

Well, having you know what you're talking is all that matters, really :unibrow:
But it's true...

Gusto

Gusto

Are you seriously bragging about your penis size on the Internet?

Seriously?

Bubble181

Bubble181

I was, you know, possibly, joking about my bad memory :-P It was just the first thing I thought of that one would trade in essentials for in a bad joke.

I'm just slightly over average, nothing to brag about. Also, we've been here, what, a few months ago?

Also, my e-peen's huuuge. Just sayin'.

Cajungal

Cajungal

For lack of anything better to say, imunna just do this:

:Leyla: :zombie: :tongue: :moon:

Lally

Why do I keep losing that walking in and walking right back out again smiley...

Bubble181

Bubble181

Cajungal said:
For lack of anything better to say, imunna just do this:

:Leyla: :zombie: :tongue: :moon:

Soooo....open wide, eat me, lick me, show me your ass? I can live with that.

(yes, it's that time of month for me again, really, we have a hormonal cycle too :confused: )

Cajungal

Cajungal

D'OH. I picked those completely at random. Hang on, now I'm challenged. I'm going to actively try and think of a combination that cannot be misconstrued as something sexual:

:facepalm: :toocool: :slap: :popcorn:

Bubble181 said:
(yes, it's that time of month for me again, really, we have a hormonal cycle too :confused: )
I think your personal cycle is 24/7.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Cajungal said:
D'OH. I picked those completely at random. Hang on, now I'm challenged. I'm going to actively try and think of a combination that cannot be misconstrued as something sexual:

:facepalm: :toocool: :slap: :popcorn:
touch your shiny self, spank me, and once again, eat me? Fun. Come on, there're much harder ones :-P

@Zen: well, not really. I mean, it really does go up and down ....I just realised what I wrote here, but I'll leave it in... over days/weeks. There ARE days when I'm not just thinking about one thing only, plenty of them! Just not right now :-P

Gurpel

Gurpel

Gusto said:
Are you seriously bragging about your fireman size on the Internet?

Seriously?
what are you, intimidated by hi

whoah, who are you?

Bubble181 said:
Soooo....open wide, eat me, lick me, show me your a**? I can live with that.

uh woah. this is what people get slapped with harassment suits for in offices :bush:

Cajungal

Cajungal

[schild=16,1,000000,C0C0C0:vtxrqohm]I give up[/schild:vtxrqohm]

Gusto

Gusto

Gurpel said:
Gusto said:
Are you seriously bragging about your fireman size on the Internet?

Seriously?
what are you, intimidated by hi

whoah, who are you?
Hey Gurpel, make yer fuckin' macros. :heythere:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Cajungal said:
[schild=16,1,000000,C0C0C0:268uryud]I give up[/schild:268uryud]
You're giving yourself up to....Yeah, never mind :-P

Anyway, I'm off to bed for yet another 3 hour night.

Gusto

Gusto

Bubble181 said:
Cajungal said:
[schild=16,1,000000,C0C0C0:1pf83v1o]I give up[/schild:1pf83v1o]
You're giving yourself up to....Yeah, never mind :-P

Anyway, I'm off to bed for yet another 3 hour night.
Sleep in a cold shower for the rest of your "cycle", bro. :uhhuh:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Dude, 3 hours in a cold shower? That'd probably give me hypothermia :-P

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

that's a risk I'm willing to take

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, you're a penguin. Your view on hypothermia doesn't count.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

fine, then I don't want to hear your input on crapping in barns

Bubble181

Bubble181

But dud,e seriously, you've got to try it. You'll never feel better.

Except if it's your cheating wife's lover boy's barn, and his cabriolet is right underneath you. That makes it even better.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I know. I'm just not interested in what you have to say about it since you're not interested in what I have to say about hypothermia.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hey! I didn't say I wasn't interested! I said it didn't count. It's not the same.
Like, in a contest, if you have five judges, but only the top four grades count for the final grade, it can still be interesting to know the reasoning of the lower scoring judge,right?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

So you are interested?

:waah:

I'VE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Of course I am! I'm always interested in seeing your bird!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

i can flip you one if you want.
:finger:

Bubble181

Bubble181

OOOhhh, please do. Can I catch and eat it in mid-air?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

all right, I can flip you more birds if you want.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Still only one bird. A big one, at that, but still.

Kitty Sinatra

Allen said:
*pounces upon Allen's finger*

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hey, Gruey, chocolate milk! Hadn't seen that addition yet! Good choice, man.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

that's two birds that you've gotten so far.

and grue, ce-ci n'est pas mon doigt

Kitty Sinatra

Oui?

*pounces upon the penguin*

(The chocolate milk was added when someone suggested I needed milk to go with the cookies, but I figured that white milk would vanish in all the white. I'm rather curious to discover what the next addition to avatar will turn out to be.)

Bubble181

Bubble181

A feather up your ass :Leyla:

Kitty Sinatra

*purrrrrr*

Bubble181

Bubble181

What? Do'nt want to join our merry band of feathered forumites?

Kitty Sinatra

I quite happy being a pussy.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, I'm a pussy too, so?

Kitty Sinatra

I . . . I'm at a loss for words.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, that's not surprising. Everybody knows pussies can't talk!

Will you three get a room?

And NO PICS PLS KKTHX, I'll believe it happened.

Gusto

Gusto

Non-Animal Avatar COMBO BREAKER

Kitty Sinatra

An owl, a kitten and a penguin walk into a hotel . . .

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

ZenMonkey said:
NO PICS PLS KKTHX
Then what's the point of me being there?

Allen said:
ZenMonkey said:
NO PICS PLS KKTHX
Then what's the point of me being there?
Fine, then put them in NSFW or something.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:confused:

Bubble181

Bubble181

Does Bone count as an animal? I vote we count Cajun at the very least as an honorary member.

figmentPez

figmentPez

How is this for random? More people own HD-DVD players than own Blu-Ray. 11% of Americans own an HD-DVD player, while 7% own Blu-Ray players. Tell me again how consumers chose Blu-Ray as the winning format?

Does that include PS3s? Because I know a LOT of people that bought those instead of players because they are cheaper.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Edrondol said:
Does that include PS3s? Because I know a LOT of people that bought those instead of players because they are cheaper.
Ah, good catch. Apparently it doesn't. (9% own a PS3) It doesn't even clarify if the 7% is dedicated Blu-Ray players, or some PS3 owners didn't consider it a Blu-Ray player in their response to the survey.

I'm rather puzzled by these numbers as I look through them. 22% own a PS2, while 21% own a Wii? Either the Wii has had even better sales than I thought, or something is off on those PS2 numbers. It also says 47% own an HDTV, which isn't in line with other statistics I've seen.

Today, I ran 10.1 KM in about an hour and ten minutes. God, I love jogging, but I think I'm going to need some new music to listen to while running, soon.

Going to try writing my story for the contest today. *crosses fingers*

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Grue, you need a big pirate moustache.

-- Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:26 am --

Also, I can't find a place to use this gif so enjoy:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man... little things. I just called the nicest student. She's a native of California who's moving here for her 4 years of college. She was just so polite and so pleasant and friendly. Made my afternoon after hour after hour of sleepy, cranky, and terse people. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay ^_^ Thank you, Ms. Shiante from _______, CA.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

:smirk:

how quiet is she, on a scale from 1 to 10?

Hylian

Hylian

I will be moving back in with my parents for a about 2 -3 months in order to save some money before I move into a new apartment. that means I have to cram all my stuff back into my old room (which my parents are currently using to store stuff) So for the next 2 - 3 months I wont be able to watch my 42" LCD and I wont be able to play most of my games since they will be boxed away. I will be keeping my Laptop and my DS lite unpacked so I can play those but all my other systems are going to be packed away. I may brake down and pull at least my Xbox 360 out and hook it up to my parents TV . But yeah my main concern is my sanity while I live there. Wish me luck :rcain:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Allen said:

I'd give her a 3. Not shrill, but a clear speaker and bubbly-sounding... in a really cute, non-annoying way.

Man... I have her # right here. I could totally give it to you but that's not ethical. :p

Bubble181

Bubble181

Cajungal said:
Allen said:

I'd give her a 3. Not shrill, but a clear speaker and bubbly-sounding... in a really cute, non-annoying way.

Man... I have her # right here. I could totally give it to you but that's not ethical. :p

She sounds like me?

...lady sounds like a dude :-P

Cajungal

Cajungal

Bubble181 said:
Cajungal said:
Allen said:

She sounds like me?

...lady sounds like a dude :-P
:rofl: Well for all I know you sound like that robotic man on that movie-making website.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well...I...do, sound...like that...don't you know...Miss...Cajun Girl. :-P

Should be in Vent some time when I'm there, too (at my parents' now, no mike, sorry :-p)

fade

fade

Aww, man, the greatest TNG episode ever is on right now. The Best of Both Worlds.

I am Locutus of Borg.
Resistance is futile.
Your life as it has been, is over.
From this time forward, you will service us

Hylian

Hylian

fade said:
Aww, man, the greatest TNG episode ever is on right now. The Best of Both Worlds.

I am Locutus of Borg.
Resistance is futile.
Your life as it has been, is over.
From this time forward, you will service us

I love that episode

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Cajungal said:

far be it from me to make you act unethically. imagine subjecting her to:

"hello, i'm from the internet. the person I talked to said you were a 3 out of 10."

[pause to check if she hung up or was insulted]

"on the quiet scale. that turns out to be the lower threshold of volume levels I can tolerate in the wimmenz. we should make out over the phone."

figmentPez

figmentPez

Over the river and through the woods...

XSammiKaneX

figmentPez said:
Over the river and through the woods...
...to grandmother's house we go...

Cajungal

Cajungal

Allen said:
Cajungal said:

far be it from me to make you act unethically. imagine subjecting her to:

"hello, i'm from the internet. the person I talked to said you were a 3 out of 10."

[pause to check if she hung up or was insulted]

"on the quiet scale. that turns out to be the lower threshold of volume levels I can tolerate in the wimmenz. we should make out over the phone."
Man... I have the rare chance to play Cupid here. Damn yoooouuuu, confidentiality agreement!

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

especially when you consider that I couldn't about what she'd wear or what she looks like. It all depends on what she cooks like: beef, pork, chicken. mmmmmmmm

Cajungal

Cajungal

Allen said:
especially when you consider that I couldn't about what she'd wear or what she looks like. It all depends on what she cooks like: beef, pork, chicken. mmmmmmmm
I know you didn't just quote Mulan.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I believe I just did.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Damn. I'd go gay for a guy who quotes Mulan. Hey, Allen, baby :unibrow:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

only if you're a man. you must be swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon, with all the strength of a raging fire; mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

Cajungal

Cajungal

^_^ YAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. I always hoped you two birds would get together.

Pojodan

My knee hurts

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

hm, on one hand, I could make a man out of Bubble. On the other hand, the 3 is a girl worth fighting for. Tough decision.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

It is good to see those birds happy and I hope that they love each other very mu

SQUIRREL!

much.

I love this joke and I will run it into the ground.

Bubble181

Bubble181

ROFL @Cynicism.

Thank you @ CajunGal

And...I'm not jealous or proprietary and don't mind sharing @the other bird :unibrow:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

hold the phone.

you have not done anything to prove that you're a manly man.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Umm...Ummm.....
I brought you the sword of Shan-Yu, and the crest of the Emperor?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I say: you should have gotten yourself a man

Bubble181

Bubble181

Excuse me, does AwiQ live here?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

hubba hubba. I'm going to go join the army

Bubble181

Bubble181

Nono, "sign me up for the next war", it is :-P

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

daaaaaaaaaaaaaang.

it has been a while since I've watched that scene.

sign me up for the next war

Cajungal

Cajungal

Look out, Allen, I think Bub's gonna be shopping for a ruby ring for sooomeooooooone.... :D

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

that's okay.

I'll be shopping for a hello kitty ring for sooomeoooooone else

Bubble181

Bubble181

Cajungal said:
Look out, Allen, I think Bub's gonna be shopping for a ruby ring for sooomeooooooone.... :D

Well, sure, I know this cute southern girl, plays the uke. You might've heard of her.

...What? :whistling:

I'm a disgrace! I may look like a bride, but I will never bring my forum honour! :waah:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Oh, no, I can't stand in the way of you two...

I'll throw you a bachelor party tho. ^_^

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I don't know why I'm buying a Hello Kitty ring. I don't even know anyone who likes Hello Kitty.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Allen said:
I don't know why I'm buying a Hello Kitty ring. I don't even know anyone who likes Hello Kitty.

There must be someone you'd like to torment :-P

And yay ,bachelor party! Allen, you'll come, won't you?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I want somebody to throw me a bachelorette party. we can have a night on the town, drinking cosmos and talking about buff men. And Jane Austen. That's what women talk about, right?

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

Have any of you seen my blue tie?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Allen said:
Oh my God this is awesome.

Bubble181

Bubble181

CynicismKills said:
Allen said:
Oh my God this is awesome.

I agree with what the flightless bird said.

Hylian

Hylian

Allen said:

Allen said:
Awesome. I was just saying earlier that I felt carnivorous. (And just finished eating some chicken.)

Cajungal

Cajungal

2 Things: I saw a 70 year old dude on a chopped balancing crutches on the front of it. It was neat.

I'm calling a dude at work right now whose middle name is "Supple." :confused:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Also, the building where my office is now houses a 4-H summer camp for a couple of weeks. And these boys wear entirely too much axe/tag/other nasty body spray. I can smell it from my desk.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

This can't go on, I must inform the law. Can this still be real or just some crazy dream?

Cajungal

Cajungal

I've had to call about 10 Alejandras at my job, and every time I do I giggle a little and think of calleja. :smirk:

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

This was after taxes. But everything is after taxes. Taxes were here even before stew.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Still can't lick my own eyeballs. Darn.

Pojodan

Denbrought said:
Use the ice cream scoop first.

Philosopher B.

:puke:

Denbrought

Denbrought

Pojodan said:
Denbrought said:
Use the ice cream scoop first.
Ty, great advice.

Incidentally, can someone dial 911 for a sec?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

What's the service life of a memory stick? Do they make read only models? Can you buy software on a stick instead of CD?

figmentPez

figmentPez

HCGLNS said:
What's the service life of a memory stick?
It varies greatly depending on the type of memory used. Even then drives can drop dead fairly quickly, even name brands. I've never heard any numbers I would trust on lifespan.

Can you buy software on a stick instead of CD?
Occasionally you can. Even weird offerings like Ghostbusters (the movie) on a 2GB USB drive. I've heard Microsoft might offer Windows 7 on flash drives to make it easier to install on netbooks.

There are also flash drives sold that have portable applications meant to be run off of the drive.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mom was just looking at the credit card bill, and there are 4 charges from Skype. She has no idea how it happened. Weird.

Denbrought

Denbrought

The health plan covers one teeth cleaning a year, so my parents booked me for one. Now my whole mouth is bleeding.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Denbrought said:
The health plan covers one teeth cleaning a year, so my parents booked me for one. Now my whole mouth is bleeding.
Pics or it didn't happen....

figmentPez

figmentPez

Dragon Tails from yesterday:

I laughed because that is the way I played RPGs when I was younger. The only point they missed was running from all the random encounters between the restore point and the boss. Thankfully I now have it through my thick skull that it's okay to use ethers and other "expensive" potions because there is no point to finishing the game with dozens of high level potions and millions of GP in my inventory.

fade

fade

I had this neat dream last night set in the Star Trek Universe. (I know, dreams are supposedly bad conversation, but this one seemed worth sharing.)

The Borg had finally succeeded in penetrating Earth's defenses and had sent down assimilation probes. These probes impacted the surface and released a lot of wildly flailing tapered metallic tentacles that would sprout hypodermic syringes that injected Borg nanoprobes into victims. This way, they had assimilated much of the planet very quickly. As it so happened, my son and I were in the dream (he's 6) and he got hit by one of the probes. Rather than be immediately assimilated, he went into convulsions and I took him to a medic. He stabilized and eventually slept. When he awoke, he was remarkably himself. Somehow his body had fought off the nanoprobes. He tested positive as a Borg, though, according our scanners, though he was biologically unchanged. Somehow, we figured, the probes "tag" their victims as Borg.

Everything was of course still chaos, and I instructed my son that if he was captured, he should mimic the other assimilated humans until I could rescue him. Sure enough, that's exactly what happened. We got separated. The Borg marched the Assimilated in formation to a large tent like (I mean acres in size) structure where they awaited upgrades. My colleague and I watched from the bushes. Suddenly the boy in front of my son (they were grouped by age) broke free of the formation and ran. A green beam shone down from the ceiling on him, and security Borg arrived and subdued him. They reinjected the boy and placed him back in formation. In a moment, I realized what was going on, somehow, the antibody in my son's blood had "infected" the boy in front of him and cleared him of the nanoprobes. The boy behind my son was coming back around too. I snuck forward and told them what was going on. Apparently skin contact was needed for transferring the antibody. The children linked hands, and I watched the awakening spread like a wave through the children.

The security drones arrived! Remarkably, the antibodies worked on the fully converted drones (it also had the unfortunate effect of rendering their implants useless and painful). Now was our chance! I encouraged the children to rush as many Borg and Assimilated as possible. My son and I and a group rushed a Defense Drone (apparently original to my dream). It was a female Borg with a large round turret over her head and shoulders that shot a purple burst. We got to her (unfortunately, I saw at least one child go down in the process) and we took her down. We ripped away the implants with our bare hands and found her face. When we touched her, you could see the awakening--her face filled with surprise, then regret and sadness.

I remember we battled on, becoming a reverse sort of Borg, swelling our ranks with their own. Our bare hands were stronger than weapons. Cubes spun out of control as Awakened Borg no longer were able to control them. Unfortunately, I woke up shortly after that. I need to write this down a little better.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Holy crap. That is one detailed, and awesome, dream. Beats the heck out of the dreams I've had where I was a commander of squads consisting of comic book heroes and muppets. First dream featured Kermit the Frog leading a team. Second dream had me aboard a plane that was breaking apart under fire, and Big Bird had to learn to fly on the way down in order to save his teammates.

fade

fade

Michael Weston guest stars with Michael Westen

The universe is imploding.

Cajungal

Cajungal

:D There's a boy on my "to call" list named Ganon. I can't wait to tell the fellow.

Krisken

Krisken

Cajungal said:
:D There's a boy on my "to call" list named Ganon. I can't wait to tell the fellow.
Tell him you are Link and you want the tri-force. Please? When are you going to get this opportunity again?

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Krisken said:
Cajungal said:
Tell him you are Link and you want the tri-force. Please? When are you going to get this opportunity again?
When he picks up, say "Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME, Princess" and hang up while giggling.

Cajungal

Cajungal

CynicismKills said:
Krisken said:
Cajungal said:
When he picks up, say "Well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME, Princess" and hang up while giggling.
Argh I got his voicemail... and I should have. I probably would have gotten a reprimand, but I care not. Should I call him back? Nahh....

Gusto

Gusto

Remember his number and call him during your off-hours. :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

This is so very bizarre

Strangest video I've seen in a while. Starts out really slow. Pong, then Pac-Man eats the net... then Space Invaders shoot Pac-man... and then Mario jumps out and it just gets all freaky from there. Guybrush Threepwood gets chased by the Doom marine wielding a chainsaw, Mario humps Lara Crofts leg... I'm not sure what's supposed to be happening, but it sure is weird.

fade

fade

Looks like they are trying to say that WoW is the result of breeding together all of the past video games. Hence the massive orgy.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Denbrought said:
You know this probably means your dental hygenes are not specially good? Teeth cleaning never feels good (excpet for weirdos like my mother, who, as a dentist, seems to love to have her teeth crispy clean, but bleeding is only cool if you are a movie monster!

Denbrought

Denbrought

Silver Jelly said:
Denbrought said:
You know this probably means your dental hygenes are not specially good? Teeth cleaning never feels good (excpet for weirdos like my mother, who, as a dentist, seems to love to have her teeth crispy clean, but bleeding is only cool if you are a movie monster!
Nah, my teeth also bleed whenever I brush 'em, and flossing (which I do a lot, I carry some in a pocket) can easily turn me into quite the sight. My gums seem prone to do that :p

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7aTlrDYkso:pwx0jh9l][/youtube:pwx0jh9l]

her face

Krisken

Krisken

Allen said:
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7aTlrDYkso:31knqlvf][/youtube:31knqlvf]

her face
She looks like she could be one of the Gorrillaz.

Batdan

I didn't understand the punchline to today's Evil Inc.

fade

fade

I was just looking through Kingdom Come again, which made me pick up my copy of Marvels. Conclusion? I still don't like Alex Ross's art. Sure, it's technically well-executed. It's just wrong for comic art, though (MY OPINION *ALERT*). Why not stage a bunch of photoshoots and add bubbles if you're going to go with such realism?

Gusto

Gusto

Batdan said:
Me neither.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Denbrought said:
Silver Jelly said:
Denbrought said:
Nah, my teeth also bleed whenever I brush 'em, and flossing (which I do a lot, I carry some in a pocket) can easily turn me into quite the sight. My gums seem prone to do that :p
yeah, you know... My mother's profession IS caring for gums... *cough* http://www.clinicavallcorba.com/catala/start.html *cough*

What was that, cough product placement? I'll be rich!

Philosopher B.

Gusto said:
Batdan said:
Me neither.
That makes 1+1+1 of us.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Har har. I doubt it's something that bad, but it's good to know I have a reference.

"Hi, I'm here to see Dr. Jelly. Say that Silver sent me."

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Denbrought said:
Har har. I doubt it's something that bad, but it's good to know I have a reference.

"Hi, I'm here to see Dr. Jelly. Say that Silver sent me."
I have to admit that sounds AWESOME.

Cajungal

Cajungal

So, clearly I'm not a model employee. I'm farting around here during work hours. But it's hard to have a coworker who does so little and gets the same pay that I get.

We both work the same hours, only she leaves an hour-2 hours early every day. And she makes about 1/4 the calls I make. She spends most of her time reading blogs and iming people. In the window of time we have every day, it's a piece of cake to complete ~200 calls if you're fast enough (and have none incoming). She makes about 25, packs it up, and leaves.

The only time she stays after 7:30 is when she wants a ride home, and even then, she doesn't work until I'm off. She just sits there sleeping at her desk.

This didn't go in rant because I'm not furious or anything. It doesn't affect my workload. It's just annoying to hear her whine about how tired of working she is. Really? :bush:

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
So, clearly I'm not a model employee. I'm farting around here during work hours. But it's hard to have a coworker who does so little and gets the same pay that I get.

We both work the same hours, only she leaves an hour-2 hours early every day. And she makes about 1/4 the calls I make. She spends most of her time reading blogs and iming people. In the window of time we have every day, it's a piece of cake to complete ~200 calls if you're fast enough (and have none incoming). She makes about 25, packs it up, and leaves.

The only time she stays after 7:30 is when she wants a ride home, and even then, she doesn't work until I'm off. She just sits there sleeping at her desk.

This didn't go in rant because I'm not furious or anything. It doesn't affect my workload. It's just annoying to hear her whine about how tired of working she is. Really? :bush:
Can you allow yourself to play Lazy Chicken? I've been tempted to in the past but can never seem to bring myself to do it.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

does anyone other than you know she leaves early?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V-VgRqsEcg:k7cbovb1][/youtube:k7cbovb1]

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm assuming that means slack off more than her until one of us cracks? Nah, I can't.

Sounds ridiculous when I'm here on halforum, but I can talk on the phone and do this at the same time... I don't normally stop and fart around for long periods... maybe 5 minutes to get away from the voices for a while. But I want to do my job well. I keep reading the budget announcements for my university, and I don't want to get something for nothing. This girl's probably made upwards of 70 free dollars by padding her hours on her timesheet.

and no, allen, I'm the only one who knows. Our boss has a 9-4:30 day and isn't around when our shifts end.

Gusto

Gusto

I actually run into trouble at work periodically when I find new ways to increase my efficiency. I end up getting all my daily tasks done so fast and well that I have nothing left to do, and then get scolded for standing around.

I honestly spent my first couple months on the job figuring out how to do everything well and quickly, and then most of the past seven years trying to figure out how to properly pace myself.

So when the store is super busy, and I ACTUALLY have to work at full capacity, I surprise even myself. It's a weird situation.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Heh, that's pretty much what I do.

And for the record, I wouldn't begrudge anyone the rare "sneaking out of work" day. I've done it once myself in order to see my brother on his birthday... but I marked my timesheet to let them know I had locked up before closing.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Replace her phone with a rotary dial model. :tongue:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

hm...I'll get behind her and you push

Gusto

Gusto

Replace her time card with... a piece of toast.... ?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

she will drop it in surprise and it will land butter side down

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl: :rofl:
Believe me if this gave me more work to do than my share, I'd be mad. If my boss complains to me specifically about the slowing down of productivity, however, all I need to do is show her the enormous amount of call log sheets I've filled out compared with hers and everyone else's. But it's definitely not going to come to that. This is a really laid-back place.

Gusto, you are full of silliness today. ^_^

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Believe me if this gave me more work to do than my share, I'd be mad. If my boss complains to me specifically about the slowing down of productivity, however, all I need to do is show her the enormous amount of call log sheets I've filled out compared with hers and everyone else's. But it's definitely not going to come to that. This is a really laid-back place.

I'm in a weird mood and people are making threads about balls.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Cajungal said:
:angry:

good day to you, madam! :humph:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:
Cajungal said:

I'm in a weird mood and people are making threads about balls.
I guess we were asking for it. :p

Aww, allen, don't be mad. You're also full of silliness.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Slowly take over her cubicle when she leaves, eventually merge the two into a supercubical with like and aquarium.

Or just fill her desk with stolen items from your boss, coworkers, local abbatoir. You know simple misdemeanor stuff like, like shoes or feet.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Cajungal said:

I hope to see you soon for tea

Cajungal

Cajungal

Allen said:
Cajungal said:

I hope to see you soon for tea
:rofl: Oh, you evil metal dork.

HG, thanks for the suggestions. I'll be sure to try em out if it gets bad over here. :twisted:

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
???????

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Gusto said:
Cajungal said:
???????
they keep touching me in places

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Suckcess!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Every other week or so I have to watch Jill Scott's music video for "Getting in the Way," because a small part of me envies girls who can get away with that kind of "step off, bitch" attitude. I wish I could pull off singing:

"You keep lyin to my man,
Girlfriend, Imonna take you out in the middle of the street
And whoop your tail for all it's worth....
$5.99 or summin like that."

Also

"You'd better relax yoself."

I think I have a girlcrush on Jill. *^^*

___
I just remembered a dream I had this morning. I was babysitting my niece, and I put her to bed and then left her to go to a concert. When I got back she was crying because no one else was in the house and she was scared. :( GOD, I felt guilty when I woke up.

Batdan

Here's an idea for you Cajungal:

Wahad

Wahad

Batdan said:

Ringringringring

Jellyphone?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Wahad said:
Batdan said:

Ringringringring

Jellyphone?
Hello?

figmentPez

figmentPez

Batdan said:

Needs to be in multi-colors. That way it could go: "green, green!" Then you pink it up, and say "yello'?"

Le Quack

figmentPez said:
Batdan said:

Needs to be in multi-colors. That way it could go: "green, green!" Then you pink it up, and say "yello'?"
That made me laugh

Cajungal

Cajungal

Hot diggity. I am loving Lord of the Rings. :) I'm glad I've finally picked it up.

fade

fade

Changing title to "Cajungal's Blog".

I keed, I keed.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Bah, no one reads my blog. I'm forcing this useless information on your bastards!

My hair is frizzy today.

Work is slow (obviously).

I am baking a mousse cake on Friday.

Gusto

Gusto

Dear Halforum,

Should I buy the Buffy entire series box set for $170? I really want it and would enjoy it for years but Lordy that is some big ass mahfuckin' fuck you money. It could be my most impulsive purchase ever DESPITE my tough decision making.

Signed,

Worried in Waterloo

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yes. Because you're worth it.

...WHAT?! That's what women are programmed to think when we're deciding whether or not to purchase something.

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Yes. Because you're worth it.

...WHAT?! That's what women are programmed to think when we're deciding whether or not to purchase something.
I don't know if I can justify spending $170 on DVDs at once though. I'm honestly NOT worth it.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Well if you're gonna buy em all eventually anyway, you might as well get the bulk set. It's usualle cheaper that way. What does that come out to per season?

Gusto

Gusto

Little less than $25 per season, little more than $1 per episode. Plus some bonus features.

Hmmm....

Cajungal

Cajungal

Seriously. It's a lot at once, but that's money you won't be spending later.

Plus... Willlowwwww... all the Willow you can possibly STAND.

Gusto

Gusto

Cajungal said:
Seriously. It's a lot at once, but that's money you won't be spending later.
True.

Plus... Willlowwwww... all the Willow you can possibly STAND.
See, that's where you're wrong.

fade

fade

fade said:
I was just looking through Kingdom Come again, which made me pick up my copy of Marvels. Conclusion? I still don't like Alex Ross's art. Sure, it's technically well-executed. It's just wrong for comic art, though (MY OPINION *ALERT*). Why not stage a bunch of photoshoots and add bubbles if you're going to go with such realism?
Plus, it's kind of weak how they plot-deviced anything that could threaten Superman. Kryptonite magically doesn't work anymore. Captain Marvel is brainwashed (yet again--don't his villains have any other schtick?). And the one guy on Earth who is more powerful than Superman is nuts because he "tried to touch all the minds on Earth at the same time". Convenient.

Gusto said:
It could be my most impulsive purchase ever
Not by now it won't.

fade

fade

Just as good a place to put it as any:

I have a forum rule. If we iterate 3 times on an argument, and it's clear you're just being antagonistic, and that you have made up your mind regardless of any greater experience, body of knowledge, experience, or authority, I'm out. I won't come back to the thread. I won't even read your next response. You've made it clear it's pointless. Sometimes I apply this rule even if I am enjoying the argument, and even when I respect your POV or like you. I love to argue, but I'm not going to get caught up in a debate on a web forum when I have other things I need to do. It's not worth getting worked up over, no offense.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I can't stop listening to Chic Gamine. It's a problem. I heard them in my sleep last night. They actually kept me awake. I mean, it's fantastic music, but I need sleep! O well... if I have to hear music instead of sleep deeply, it might as well be an amazing a capella group.

Gusto

Gusto

I have GHOSTS in my house.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Gusto said:
Elaborate on that!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Gusto said:
YES do! :eek:

Gusto

Gusto

I have this wind-up miniature grandfather clock in my bedroom that I haven't wound in over a year (since I've got like 3 other clocks in here) and yesterday afternoon it started TICKING. and the correct time was set on it! My parents say they didn't do it, so I assume GHOSTS.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Gusto said:
I have this wind-up miniature grandfather clock in my bedroom that I haven't wound in over a year (since I've got like 3 other clocks in here) and yesterday afternoon it started TICKING. and the correct time was set on it! My parents say they didn't do it, so I assume GHOSTS.
I don't think so, Mulder. It must have been science.

Gusto

Gusto

Silver Jelly said:
Gusto said:
Damnit Jelly, I WANT TO BELIEVE

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Gusto said:
Silver Jelly said:
Gusto said:
Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a believer!

Fun Size

Fun Size

This morning, when my wife went to leave the house, she discovered a beat up Woody doll on our front porch. Neither of my children owns such a doll, and we have no idea where it came from.

For some reason, this struck me as really creepy.

figmentPez

figmentPez

When did Inspector Gadget arrive on Hulu?
http://www.hulu.com/inspector-gadget-original-series

And Stargate SG-1 as well? Good grief, I have a lot of watching to do. I'm not sure I've ever seen the first couple/few seasons of SG-1, from when it was on Showtime.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Silver Jelly said:
Gusto said:
[quote="Silver Jelly":21iec0pj]
Gusto said:
Damn it man, I'm a doctor, not a believer![/quote:21iec0pj]

Then you should see her face.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

CynicismKills said:
yer a cruel bastid

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Allen said:
CynicismKills said:
yer a cruel bastid

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

they've been open

but only for Bumble
and Bubble
and CG
and some other people

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Allen said:
they've been open

but only for Bumble
and Bubble
and CG
and some other people

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

if you really loved me, you'd know I love white roses

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Allen said:
if you really loved me, you'd know I love white roses
I did know that, I mean, who doesn't know that?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

the pope

Cajungal

Cajungal

:rofl: Turns out my coworker wasn't doing any work because she thought we were done making calls. She's been thinking that I was finishing my last binder of numbers for the past couple of weeks. She's only been showing up to take calls.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

oh CK, can you promise me the moon?

Lally

Fun Size said:
For some reason, this struck me as really creepy.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFbgat4v-ag:1w289e16][/youtube:1w289e16]

Skip to 4:17 ish and there's the some reason. :rofl:

eta: ugh gosh darn it I never get the youtube right!!!!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Allen said:
That's no moon...
\

Philosopher B.

What is it you want, Allen? What do you want? You want the moon?

Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Allen.

Then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see ... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair ... am I talking too much?

Fun Size

Fun Size

I'm pretty sure mooning would put this in the NSFW section, so let's keep those hairy behind to ourselves people.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Allen said:
they've been open

but only for Bumble
and Bubble
and CG
and some other people

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Diet-Coke makes pie Sham-Wow!

Gusto

Gusto

I take a lot of pride in my frankly inconsequential work.

I don't know if this is a good or bad thing...

Cajungal

Cajungal

I think that shows you have good character.

Gusto

Gusto

Really? I think it shows that I can have an ego about some pretty dumb things.

Cajungal

Cajungal

To me, taking pride in a job that seems small is better than not trying at all because you think it doesn't matter.

Gusto

Gusto

I guess. :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

From the LucasArts twitter feed:
"Oh, and you PC and Mac people who won't stop writing? TFU is coming out for you guys now!"

The Force Unleashed on PC? I sure hope it's a good port, I want to play.

EpicEpileptic

Does any one else know about this?

It's... Well I don't know what to say about it.

Delicious maybe?

Bubble181

Bubble181

figmentPez said:
From the LucasArts twitter feed:
\"Oh, and you PC and Mac people who won't stop writing? TFU is coming out for you guys now!\"

The Force Unleashed on PC? I sure hope it's a good port, I want to play.
*crosses fingers in hopes of a good control scheme*

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man, oh, man. I love catching up with my oldest friend, but it always makes me remember what a safe environment I've grown up in. She's not really an edgy person; she's just more used to dysfunction than I am. She talks casually about her crackhead coworkers and the ones who got off for manslaughter because they couldn't find the gun.... there are less extreme examples but those two leap to mind.

I am always surprised when she mentions someone like that--not shocked, but "Wow, I didn't know you could do that much crack and still function for work..."

She's a really cool person. I envy her for going out on her own early in life. Granted, that's partly because her mom told her to get out at 18 because she was getting tired of her children :)(). She's the kind of person who shrugs off that kind of hurt. On one hand, I'm glad I'm not as nonchalant as her about some things. On the other hand, I hate telling her my stupid problems when she's been through so much more than I have. It's not as if she minds. She's as sweet as she can be, and will listen to anyone happily. I guess this is just another, "God could I be more white bread" entry of Leslie's Halforum Journal

Ah well, whatever. She's the coolest person ever, and we're having dinner for her bday thursday night! And then we're going to listen to my brother play. Good times, catching up with friends. ^_^ We were born 3 weeks apart, and our parents were friends, so I've known her as long as I can remember. It's nice knowing I know someone non-family, non-boyfriend who will always always accept and love me and know that I'll do the same.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOKUdMr95Ig&NR=1:1rv575y2][/youtube:1rv575y2]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

for seej:
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5c_MEs9mo:14s5f7nv][/youtube:14s5f7nv]
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3quTc2-GyM:14s5f7nv][/youtube:14s5f7nv]
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgWd1Mt6QT0:14s5f7nv][/youtube:14s5f7nv]
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LNRcX6y9VE:14s5f7nv][/youtube:14s5f7nv]

figmentPez

figmentPez

IO9.com had an article about how the SciFi Channel set up a Cafe Diem (from Eureka) a few blocks from the convention center for the San Diego Comic Con. The article seemed rather pointless, but I bust out laughing for several minutes at one of the comments:

Do they have WyFy?

Damn, wish I'd known about that Café Diem. Wish even more it was like the one in the show.

figmentPez

figmentPez

This is the Only Level

Awesome little meta-game from the guys who did Achievement Unlocked. One simple little level with very basic graphics, but the rules change every time you beat it. There are 30 stages to the level.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Greazt game; though the level titles do give away most solutions. One had me puzzled for a bit, I admit, but even so, only seconds :)

Cat

Cat

In this last week I've lost both my MST3K night and my DnD group due to shifting work schedules. I went from a weekend of hanging out with friends and having fun, to sitting at home playing video games and watching tv. :(

GasBandit

GasBandit

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

[blink:2mp8am6l]1,2,3
All right now, here we go ...
Now we're gonna tell you a little story
About the way we like to party - take ya on a trip!
HIT IT!
woo
That's right
woo
I'm goin' way down south where the big blue agave grow,
Takin' a weekend trip down to Baja, Mexico!
Where you can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice,
Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice ...
I say,
One shot...Hey! Mas Tequila-
Two shots...Hey! Hey! que veneno-
Three shots...Hey! Arriba! Hey! Hey! Hey! Mas Tequila!
woo
She did a mean macarena to the funky cold medina
Behind a body shot and three margaritas.
She'll drink it straight from the bottle, terra cotta jug,
From a boda bag coppin' a major buzz.
I say,
Two shots...Hey! Hey! que veneno-
Three shots...
Uno mas, bartender...one more...mas tequila!
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey!
Yo can drink the water, but don't ya eat the ice;
Take your vitamin "T" with salt 'n lemon slice!
I say,
Two shots...Hey!hey! Que veneno
Three shots...Hey!Arriba! Hey! Hey! Hey! Mas Tequila!
One shot...Hey! more tequila!
Two shots...Hey! Hey! que veneno!
Three shots... Hey! Ay yi yi yi yi ...
Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey! Hey!
Mas Tequila!
No mas, no mas ....[/blink:2mp8am6l]

:falldown:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

for seej:
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REG3-Wb5gM:3vdt9t05][/youtube:3vdt9t05]

Cajungal

Cajungal

Thank you, awiQ, for always keeping me in the loop. ^_^

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Cajungal said:
typo quoted for posterity

Philosopher B.

Love Derrick Comedy. :D

Also, I'm about to eat a chocolate cream-filled donut. Yay me!

Gusto

Gusto

I also loved that particular Dinosaur Comic.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I'm not going to lie, Gusto. Your propensity for going "OH SHIIIIII-" is why I posted it.

Gusto

Gusto

Allen said:
I'm not going to lie, Gusto. Your propensity for going "OH SHIIIIII-" is why I posted it.
It's like it was made just for ME.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Allen said:
Cajungal said:
typo quoted for posterity
Damn yooooooooooou!

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Gusto said:
Allen said:
It's like it was made just for ME.
THAT ROLLOVERRRRRRRRRRRRR-

fade

fade

I just found out that "I be an Retarded" isn't a TMBG song, it's just often incorrectly attributed to them. I thought it was TMBG because my first exposure to TMBG was a TMBG mix tape a friend gave me in the early 90s. It had that song on it. Weird to see other people thought it was TMBG, too. I always thought making fun of mentally ill people was a little out of character for them.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Made pizza for dinner tonight. One was a typical "supreme" with sausage, pepperoni, onions, green peppers and mushrooms. The other was a breakfast pizza. Leftover sausage gravy for sauce, topped with scrambled eggs that were cooked with onions, green peppers and mushrooms, then co-jack cheese and bacon. Both were on my mom's whole wheat pizza crust, which is soooo good.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Pizza :Leyla:

I'ma get me some tomorrow, you have inspired me.

Gusto

Gusto

I LIKE IT GENTLEMEN

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

God her comics are awesome.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

kate beaton is magic

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

GasBandit said:
I used to have a copy of Railroad Tycoon, and I admit to doing this a few times myself.

:redface:

Bubble181

Bubble181

WARNING: NSFW AUDIO.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otaB66tWoD4:24373a5z][/youtube:24373a5z]

-- do aug 13, 2009 8:21 pm --

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg-heCy0CbQ:24373a5z][/youtube:24373a5z]

long but funny :)

figmentPez

figmentPez

Okay, a while back I saw a photography technique where you tilt the lens and it makes a shot of the real world look like it's a photo of a minature. (Quick google reveals these examples) The narrow range of focus makes the photograph look like it's a picture of something tiny. But my question is, would it work in reverse? If you used adaptive optics to adjust the focus on a miniature, would it look more like a full size object?

strawman

strawman

The reason you get that "miniature effect" in the first place is due to the small depth of field in macro photographs.

So you can probably get that effect by widening the depth of field (perhaps simply by using a smaller aperture).

You can do this with regular lenses - they don't use terribly special lenses for movie miniatures.

-Adam

Krisken

Krisken

I'm so ronery.

Shawn

Shawn

Cajungal

Cajungal

Today's my last day as a Res Life Operator. Next week starts my new job as a desk assistant at the Freshman Residential College. I'm a little scared.

Le Quack

at work dicking around.

Bubble181

Bubble181

For the flashmob fans....Well, americans may have already seen this one, as apparently it's a commercial from the US of A, but I hadn't seen it yet :-P
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GT2uI91FcA:9wf63tzd][/youtube:9wf63tzd]

Also; this one's a commercial for Belgian digital TV. The text is pretty much "Elephants are impressive, but not quite as impressive as Evi Hanssen [a Belgian hottie]. If you have digital TV,n you'll be able to freeze the frame and see her naked....now. Those who don't have digital TV will probably want to rewind, but unfortunately, you'd need digital TV for that, as well. Why not join our growing number of subscribers? yadayaya".

Now, obviously, one should be able to get the still out of the YouTube as well, but I fail horribly at it....And I am sort of interested in seeing the picture (though I know you won't actually see anything; I've seen the stance she's in). Anyone want to help me? :-P
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paJ60osoYSM:9wf63tzd][/youtube:9wf63tzd]

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

best I could get. SFW, due to strategic overlapping of elephant tusks.

Quick google search turns up a better pic
http://twitpic.com/ej1o4

O! to be an elephant's trunk...

Bubble181

Bubble181

Yeah, it was SFW, I knew that. I was just ondering whether or not the tusks were there or not in the exact still; yours I'd been able to find too :-P

Thanks for the link, and yes, to be a trunk....

Cat

Cat

good news, found a lens cloth I lost a while ago in a pair of pants I just put on

bad news, I think I know where my flash drive is now

P

Poftoffel

Tinwhistler said:
GasBandit said:
I used to have a copy of Railroad Tycoon, and I admit to doing this a few times myself.

:redface:
I suddenly became very interested in Railroad Tycoon. Choo choo.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Cock-blocked:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqjtz3rEPG0:32bgnjh1][/youtube:32bgnjh1]

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

There's a Spanish train that runs between
Gualdalquivir and old Saville

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

did we lose the youtube tags?

Occasional Poster

It is hard to study for the remaining two out of four exams this week when you're dancing dancing dancing.... :)

Not very easy to post either lol

figmentPez

figmentPez

Yum, burgers and potato... cakes? Mashed potoatoes mixed with cheese, bacon, green onions formed into patties and then baked until crispy.

Gusto

Gusto

I've met Dave's perfect Canadian doppelganger.

CanaDave.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Gordon Stenhouse
He jumped out of a helicopter, landed on top of a swimming polar bear, dragged it shore and gave it CPR.

http://www.cbc.ca/thecurrent/2009/200908/20090828.html

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

PIIIIIIIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Bubble181

Bubble181

PIIIIIIIZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Library

Rob King

Rob King

That's no moon, yadda yadda.

I just came to the realization that I've spent a total of about $80 on iTunes this week. I am still missing key items of furniture for my new place, and I've spent the combined cost of my desk and bookshelves on television programming. Programming that I could quite easily pirate or (god help me) look up in the TV guide so I catch it when it's actually ON.

Philosopher B.

I want you all to suffer. I want you to SUFFER AS I HAVE SUFFERED:

figmentPez

figmentPez

New Penny Arcade / PvP / Wil Wheaton DnD Podcast! Uhhhh, what forum do I start a new thread in? Oh well, someone else can start it.

Page at Wizards.com w/ cartoon
Direct link to MP3

figmentPez

figmentPez

From Gizmodo: iPhone app Bustedhot "Weekly 5 mugshots of hot women being arrested. All suspects are innocent until proven guilty."

:bush: I don't even want to know why.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Their definition of "hot women" is clearly very different from mine.

Pojodan

Heeeey.. this isn't the bus station!

Cajungal

Cajungal

O come on, no one looks good in a mug shot... it's like a driver's license photo. You're always gonna look like hell. Do you have any idea how many "hot" women you would find absolutely plain without gobs of makeup? Actually, I don't have a number, but there are some...

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

I should say, makeup + hours of preparation--the right push-uppy underwear to go with the right clothes to go with the right ass-complimenting high heels.... products that make your hair not move for hours...

Rob King

Rob King

I should say, makeup + hours of preparation--the right push-uppy underwear to go with the right clothes to go with the right ass-complimenting high heels.... products that make your hair not move for hours...
Man, the effort some girls put into their appearance is impressive, in some cases. Not to be insulting, but it just is.

I couldn't do it. I don't do it. I'm a roll out of bed and into the shower and then onto bus stop in ten minutes kind of guy. I bought hair gel once. I used it twice.

General Specific

General Specific

Wanna check out mug shots of hot women? There's an app for that.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man, the effort some girls put into their appearance is impressive, in some cases. Not to be insulting, but it just is.

I couldn't do it. I don't do it. I'm a roll out of bed and into the shower and then onto bus stop in ten minutes kind of guy. I bought hair gel once. I used it twice.[/QUOTE]

Brother, I can't do it either. I do what I must to look professional for my work--Suitable (but affordable) clothing, a quick dust of powder on my face, and a tight ponytail. OH and I use night cream on my face.

But hair drying/straightening? Actual makeup--using all of it at once? Painted nails? Mreungh. I feel bad enough about the amount of time I waste NOW. All I can think about when I do any of those things is lying on my death bed thinking, "Damn all the time I spent waiting for my stupid nails to dry."

Seriously. That shit immobilizes me. I can't touch anything. I can't do anything but watch TV or listen to music, and even then I can't work any buttons. BLEH. Girlyness sucks.

Andromache

when I was in college ages ago, and lived with a male roommate.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I DO shave my legs...and not just because it's expected. I can't sleep when they're all hairy. I don't pluck. I don't mind the big old brows. Man. If I had a ton of money I could just burn I'd get electrolysis freakin' everywhere.

Crone, that lady in your sig keeps staring at me... :confused:

Andromache

yeah, that's a guy in the sig?

Cajungal

Cajungal

O. Couldn't tell... I always have bad luck with 50/50 questions.

Rob King

Rob King

O. Couldn't tell... I always have bad luck with 50/50 questions.
That one's more like 70/30 in the wrong direction. That is one effeminate dude.

Bubble181

Bubble181

@Cajun: depends on what you like in a woman. Most women I really like or really love their look don't use al ot of make up, or any. I discount shaving legs/whatever; that's not make-up, and men shave stuff too (unless they're on this board, apparently. Man, we're a beardy bunch).
Anything over some 5 minutes a day is too much time spent on making yourself look like a picture of someone else. For special occasions, ok, I can see it, but honestly, women who take half an hour each day or more, ugh.
You, for example, look absolutely lovely in your avatar. You...might be wearing lip gloss? Perhaps some rouge/powder, though I can't tell... Seems to be about it. Actually naturel is al ot more acttractive than faux naturel or shiny glossy whatever, to me, anyway.

Rob King

Rob King

(unless they're on this board, apparently. Man, we're a beardy bunch).
Someone should shop a few beardy avatars into a Brady Bunch picture.

Days like this I wish I had that skillset.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That's nice of you to say. :) I just had some Vaseline balm and powder on that day. That balm is my #1 everyday essential.

And I've found a lot of dudes feel the way you do. It's nice to hear when I kind of get surrounded over here by guys who think that anyone who doesn't look like an airbrushed model gets ridiculed. And women do that too, of course. It's not fair on either side.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've got total girlfriend goggles. In the ugly, ugly morning, the fella looks so cute with his hair in a mess and his eyes all puffy. ^_^

Gusto

Gusto

I ate some pizza earlier.

I wish I were eating it RIGHT NOW.

Bubble181

Bubble181

girlfriend/boyfriend goggles are what keep people together. They're awesome. Not so awesome when they come off, but still.

Heck, I have that with friends, too. People you like look better than those that you don't.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Since you haven't seen my face or my friends' faces

I look better than my friends
I do not look better than my friends

Bubble181

Bubble181

Allen, haven't I seen your face on Facebook? :-P

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

if you have, you have seen a group shot.

one of those might be mine. this mystery gives me quantum appearance

Bubble181

Bubble181

Nah. You're the little white and grey one holding the camera :-P

EpicEpileptic

I bet this is what Spielberg has nightmares about

Cajungal

Cajungal

Allen I know what you look like! You're a handsome young man.

Gusto

Gusto

Lies!

No mere mortal has ever beheld Allen's true form.

Cajungal

Cajungal

FORSOOTH!

Gusto

Gusto

VERILY

fade

fade

I'm not going to lie...I love a glammed up girl. I love the just rolled out of bed look, too. Pretty much, I like women when it comes to physical attraction. Mental attraction...well my rank says it all. Intelligent and weird does it for me.

The only thing outside of Crone's "His" routine that I do is face moisturizer. Not afraid to admit it. It works like a charm. I could tell immediately when I started using it. My hands are all gnarly from my weekend manual/skilled labor hobbies, but my face is smooth as a baby's butt.

Gusto

Gusto

If I don't use moisturizer my ands will molt every week.

I spend a LOT of time doing dishes.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I hope you boys use sunscreen too. Sunscreen is very important. *end of my mother channeling me*

Frank

Frankie Williamson

If I don't use sunscreen when I'm in the sun I turn into some sort of monstrous peeling lobster boy.

There's always some sunscreen in the car.

Otherwise, I don't understand guys who's daily morning routines involve anything more than shit, shower, shave.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I hope you boys use sunscreen too. Sunscreen is very important. *end of my mother channeling me*
I'm a pale Irish/Italian guy. I could use SPF One Million and I'd still burst into flames.

Cajungal

Cajungal

So here's a story I learned about my grandpa just recently.

He got in a car wreck--his fault--and his arm got all cut up in the process. Mom tries to take him to the hospital but he says, "No, let's go talk to my insurance guy first." So they drive over and he goes on with this bloody right arm and talks to his friend there. Basically he went all afternoon with a bloody arm and wouldn't let mom touch it until he finished all his business.

As mom was wrapping it, he says one thing, "I was in the war remember?"

Ahh, Poppa. <3 You crazy old guy.

Gusto

Gusto

I use sunscreen until I burn. Once I burn and tan once a year, I'm good for the rest of the summer. I can go out in direct sunlight at early afternoon in 35C heat and only tan more, baby.

I win.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Nice. I don't burn unless I'm in the sun for more than an hour without protection. I use spf 15 moisturizer every day anyway.

I hear tell you have a nice place to tan at your house as well. Jealous...

Gusto

Gusto

Nice. I don't burn unless I'm in the sun for more than an hour without protection. I use spf 15 moisturizer every day anyway.

I hear tell you have a nice place to tan at your house as well. Jealous...
Like a lot of Canadians, I got me a deck. One that gets pretty good sunlight in the summer afternoon. :)

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I use sunscreen until I burn. Once I burn and tan once a year, I'm good for the rest of the summer. I can go out in direct sunlight at early afternoon in 35C heat and only tan more, baby.

I win.
My Irish/English/Norwegian ancestry definitely kicks the shit out of me in that department. I eventually tan, but still burn with each new layer of tan. I try to avoid getting burned as much as possible.

Gusto

Gusto

My ancestry is Hungarian/Romanian/Yugoslavian. It's worked for me so far...

EXCEPT I STILL CAN'T GROW A BEARD.

Cajungal

Cajungal

At least you'll always have the curtains. :p

Jake

Jake

Just to chime in on the make-up topic: one of the things I initially liked about my wife (and still like) is that she doesn't usually wear make-up. She has enough ethnicality to lend her features a kind of dusky coloration that doesn't really call for enhancement. She might throw on some mascara if we're getting dolled up.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I burn like a lobster. The sunscreen, it does nothing.

Though, this summer, that was slightly better. Didn't tan, but didn't burn, either. Oh well.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I once went to a swimming pool for a quick swim. I stayed there for an hour or so, didn't stop to lie in the sun or anything. I just swam.

I did not sleep on my back for the next two weeks, and used about two hectars worth of aloe.

Gusto

Gusto

Just got my hair cut. I wish that my hairdresser wasn't so socially inept, because she gives me the best damn haircuts ever.

Also, it's hot out, and I'm out of refreshing beverages, so I'm having a beer. At 10am.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Does she say awkward, weird things or nothing at all?

Envious... what kind of beer?

Gusto

Gusto

She says nothing at all, and when she has to, she's kinda bitchy about it.

And I'm drinking a shitty although very refreshing kind of beer.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aww. Oh, well, that's the price you pay for TERRIFIC HAIR.