The other white meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently we got the best-ever cease and decease letter. We're no stranger to the genre, so what could possibly make this one stand out from the rest?
First, it's 12 pages long and very well-researched (except on one point); it even includes screengrabs of the offending item from our site. And we know they're not messing around because they invested in the best and brightest legal minds.
But what makes this cease and desist so very, very special is that it's for a fake product we launched for April Fool's day.
It wasn't the iCade, or the Dharma Initiative Clock, or even the Tribbles 'n' Bits Breakfast Cereal.
No, it was the Canned Unicorn Meat.

ThinkGeek :: Blurgh! The ThinkGeek Blog - Officially our best-ever cease and desist

Ahahahhahaaahhaha *snort* hahahahhahaaaaa

This had me rolling, thought I'd spread the happy.

The fact that they then turned it into a promotion is why I love ThinkGeek. Of course it doesn't hurt that I got Zombie Blood and LOLMagnetz for Father's Day.

Bwahahahaha! Thats fantastic! I heard them talking about his on NPR yesterday I think and I wondered wtf they were talking about....

W

Wasabi Poptart

The fact that they then turned it into a promotion is why I love ThinkGeek. Of course it doesn't hurt that I got Zombie Blood and LOLMagnetz for Father's Day.
My mom gave my husband and our son the Version 1.0 and Version 2.0 t-shirts. LOL

I cannot believe they got a letter from a law firm over the unicorn meat. *facepalm*

I wonder if some aspiring sleazba- I mean "new lawyer" has attempted anything like this for all the other times "The Other White Meat" has been used without trademark. Austin Powers comes to mind...

Status
Not open for further replies.