[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

You an go look on the GitP forums, I've been thinking Durkon/the OotS are going to have to work together with Redcloak for a while now. "new gods emerge and don't join a pantheon" isn't a very regular happening.

So the important question becomes
What color would Banjo be?
Orange, obviously.
I mean, we already have the three primary colors (yellow/blue/red), green (deprecated), and purple (The Dark One), so the only missing secondary color is orange.
I suppose there’s still the possibility of adding up to 4 more (cyan*, magenta, black, and white), but we’re still missing the even more important question, which is ... can yellow and blue make green? That is, can the missing secondary colors be recreated/resurrected by their primaries?

*Rich should totally add some “gods” with a cyan aura, and they should be (recognizable as) Atrus, Gehn, Sirrus, Achenar, etc.

—Patrick

Banjo will be the true deus ex machina.
Honestly I hope not, but the likelihood of this is slim, considering even when Banjo was a regular thing, the joke was that he was joining the Northern pantheon, not starting his own.

The big deal of the Dark One is that all the other pantheons rejected him, so he's his own pantheon now.

One thing that I can't believe nobody else has mentioned: The Elven God(s). It's been SPECIFICALLY said in at least one piece of official material (probably Start of Darkness) that a number of the Evil Gods were willing to stand up for The Dark One's right to exist since the Elves had already raised up (at least) one of their own as a God, and thus wanted some more "cosmic balance" of Good vs Evil as well.

But shouldn't the Elven God(s) have a different Color(s) too?

The reason is that the Elves worshipped others in the Western pantheon before they ascended. The difference is that before TDO the Goblins had no god.

One thing that I can't believe nobody else has mentioned: The Elven God(s). It's been SPECIFICALLY said in at least one piece of official material (probably Start of Darkness) that a number of the Evil Gods were willing to stand up for The Dark One's right to exist since the Elves had already raised up (at least) one of their own as a God, and thus wanted some more "cosmic balance" of Good vs Evil as well.

But shouldn't the Elven God(s) have a different Color(s) too?
That Dwarven King guy was yellow, aka Northern, so i'm guessing the races that already have gods only ascend to the pantheon of the gods they worship, while the monster races seem to be "orphaned", so when all the slaughter caused the Dark One to ascend he had no default pantheon to "attune to", or whatever.

he had no default pantheon to "attune to", or whatever.
I now fully expect there will be a future comic where we witness his ascension, and where one of the requirements of ascension is that he has to pick the color of his pantheon from a standard wheel color picker. Because Rich.

—Patrick

...Thor had been part of the "Kill him before he gets too powerful!" side of the ledger from SOD. I wonder what happened that changed his mind?

...Thor had been part of the "Kill him before he gets too powerful!" side of the ledger from SOD. I wonder what happened that changed his mind?
I'm guessing somethign low key happened that made him see things in a new light...

I know it's been a problem for Thor since the 60's, but dude, everyone think you look like Chris Hemsworth now. You think he'd be thrilled.

Hurray! New update!
On the other hand, this one doesn't feel or look like it should've taken 3 weeks, and it doesn't actually answer much of anything from the previous one (except, of course, Yay Minrah!).
I know Rich has his ways and his schedule, I don't want him to rush things and I most certainly don't want to be ungrateful - he's still 10 notches over Tarol both in update quality and speed and storytelling and everything - but I'm pretty sure the Marrakesh Pact means we're not allowed to introduce immigrants to this webcomic anymore because the wait is torture!