[Webcomic] The Order of the Stick thread

I know he's had to deal with major printing/publishing issues with his new book over the past month (since the end of May, really), and he was at the Origins conference recently.

796 Smash
Added at: 14:11
I can't believe all of Roy's feats couldn't help him against Thog's actual class features
If Roy is built like the average 3-3.5 Fighter, he's built entirely around being able to swing a single weapon type. Without his sword, he can't use most of his better moves. Besides, Thog likely has damage reduction and Roy's trying to punch him. That means he's doing 1-2 points of damage a hit, tops. With Thog's enhanced HP from his rage, Roy's barely denting him.

When Roy reaches level 20, he will have 11 feats.
11 feats.
That's as many as 11 1's.
And that's terrible.
He likely has Weapon Focus: Greatsword, Weapon Specialization: Greatsword, and Power Attack. We KNOW he has at least Sunder, as he just used it to break Thog's axe. I'd wager he also has Dodge, Mobility, and Spring Attack as he's done running attacks before. That's 7 right there.

I think it's entirely likely Roy might end up taking Weapon Master. He only needs Expertise and improved Critical to do it and would make him deadlier against just about everything else he'd fight... except it wouldn't help him against the damn Lich.

I thought that may have been it but I couldn't recall seeing an arrow laying within arms distance but maybe it was hidden

My favorite thing about the strip is that the solution was logical, sensible, and predictable, but still cool and surprising.

Dave

Staff member
Ah, Elan! Will you remember to remember that Nale knew you were in the desert? Will he tell Roy?