The New NHL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love love love the rondel with the Jet/Maple Leaf combination in the middle. Love it. The Jets word mark is bland and uninspiring and I'm not particularly fond of the winged hockey stick one. But I'll buy a jersey tomorrow if the main logo is the rondel with the little logos on the arms.

I will not buy if it just says Jets in the goofy type.

I like it. I was worried they were going to go and do something crazy and ugly like always. This "boring" logo, I am thankful for. The best logos in the NHL are the so-called "boring" (Some might say simple, or even classic) logos of teams like Boston, Toronto, Montreal, St Louis, and Philly. This isn't nearly as iconic, but I'm glad its not as bad as the current Buffalo logo, or Anaheim, Columbus, Minnesota, Florida, etc.

But yeah, that font. I don't know.... seems too baseball-y.

I like it. I was worried they were going to go and do something crazy and ugly like always. This "boring" logo, I am thankful for. The best logos in the NHL are the so-called "boring" (Some might say simple, or even classic) logos of teams like Boston, Toronto, Montreal, St Louis, and Philly. This isn't nearly as iconic, but I'm glad its not as bad as the current Buffalo logo, or Anaheim, Columbus, Minnesota, Florida, etc.

But yeah, that font. I don't know.... seems too baseball-y.
I assume you're talking about the slug, which we've gotten rid of. We're back to the classic one.

Meanwhile, they've butchered my favorite logo. And who was the guy who thought, "Hey, they'd look GREAT in canary yellow!" ???

EDIT: For clarification:

Uniwatch gave the Nashville logo set rather good marks... until they appeared on the uniforms. Then the ratings went straight to stupid.

I don't know, their logo,(And also Florida's) seem very NFL to me. I feel like the NBA, NHL, the MLB, and the NFL each have very distinct styles, for the most part. The NHL style, to me, is as I said, based around those simple iconic designs and colours. Maybe it comes from being Canadian, and the difference in the media coverage here as compared to in the States, but it always seems to me that the NHL is pretty stubborn in the way it clings to traditions and the romanticism of its past.
The newer teams, with the newer logos, have a very distinct style in their uniforms (and in some cases, the "Ice Girls"), which it seems to me comes from a very blatant attempt to try and appeal to the NFL crowd. Its not ACTUALLY ugly, it just seems out of place to me. But to be fair, the majority of the NHL logos now seem to fall into that category, so maybe its the older style that is really out of place.

If we're talking ACTUALLY ugly logos, then we're talking about Phoenix. Yeesh.

My condolences to all those involved and affected by the tragic plane crash in Russia. Yet another bad day for hockey this summer.

And Sunday will be the first game for the new Winnipeg Jets. Kinda looking forward to that. Big three hour pre-game hoo-hah on Canadian Thanksgiving. :D (We're probably not going to watch the 3 hour ceremony, but I'll definitely watch the game).

Man, both games this weekend were pretty disappointing. The Leafs nearly blew a massive lead. 6-5. The defense just went to sleep. And the Jets lost 5-1 on home ice.

Man, both games this weekend were pretty disappointing. The Leafs nearly blew a massive lead. 6-5. The defense just went to sleep. And the Jets lost 5-1 on home ice.
Dude it's still early. A W is a W and maybe that's the win that gets them into the playoffs this year. As for the Jets...well last year they were the thrashers it's going to take awhile before they are actually good.

The Leafs actually played a good game, for the first two periods. They just did what they always do and got too comfortable with the lead. The D fell apart, and although I think Reimer's good, he's not good enough to carry the team on his own if his Defensemen aren't pulling their weight.
On the flipside, what the Jets seriously need more than anything, is a more solid goaltender.
Added at: 03:30
And Kessel with a hat-trick was nice, too.

Ugh. I understand we have to get acclimated to the time zone, but I hate having to wait 6 days for another Sabres game.

Status
Not open for further replies.