The "New" Harley Quinn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
That's a pretty spot on Joker. He only misses in a few places, but even the closeups look good. Not sure SHE'S that good of an actress, but it was an interesting little film.

Don't much like the joker actor. Looks and sounds like a little kid in a costume. A lot of the shots are also kinda meh.

Why did he make his voice all gravelly? I thought it was a pretty poor job.
Overall, though, the film was OK. The sudden change in Harley isn't believable at all, though. One second she's crying and being asked to be let go, the next she's a cold blooded murderer.

This just reminds me that I feel they should never recast the Joker for the Nolan Batman films. In respect for a man who pulled off an amazing performance and could not be around to give us an encore.

No one is ever going to replace Ledger as the Joker in a live action film in the same way that no one had ever done a better Joker in the cartoons as Mark Hamil. That being said... the costume was fine, the dialog was fine, but the voice really threw it off for me.

P

Philosopher B.

I thought the film was decent. I didn't mind the Joker as much as the eagerness with with she dispatched the dude.

ohhhh shitty fan made films...
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I get loving something but why put so much effort into something that isn't YOURS. You want to be a filmmaker (and let's face it, most of the people who do this sort of thing do)? Go do your own thing, get noticed, etc. No one will take this seriously, even if it's really well done (which I have yet to see a fan-film that is REALLY well done and not cringe inducing at some point).

ohhhh shitty fan made films...
Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I get loving something but why put so much effort into something that isn't YOURS. You want to be a filmmaker (and let's face it, most of the people who do this sort of thing do)? Go do your own thing, get noticed, etc. No one will take this seriously, even if it's really well done (which I have yet to see a fan-film that is REALLY well done and not cringe inducing at some point).[/QUOTE]

Well I wouldn't call it a fan film but:

That pretty much beats the movie in any way imaginable :p

Now I know where that picture of Olivia Wilde as the Baroness came from.

I love that they actually have Sgt Slaughter at the end there.

I definately wouldn't call it a fan film, seeing as it has some pretty big name actors.

I definately wouldn't call it a fan film, seeing as it has some pretty big name actors.
So what your saying is the people in the movie decides if it's a fan film or not? That's bullshit.[/QUOTE]

No. If a group of people make a SPOOF using oscar nominated actors then it's just a SPOOF using oscar nominated actors. If a 2nd year film school nerd makes a Wolverine short film with his friends it's a FAN FILM.
That's the difference.

So what your saying is the people in the movie decides if it's a fan film or not? That's bullshit.[/QUOTE]

No. If a group of people make a SPOOF using oscar nominated actors then it's just a SPOOF using oscar nominated actors. If a 2nd year film school nerd makes a Wolverine short film with his friends it's a FAN FILM.
That's the difference.[/QUOTE]

Your comparing apples to oranges then. One is clearly a parody while the other is an attempt at drama.

Oh and here.

That's the difference.[/QUOTE]

Your comparing apples to oranges then.[/QUOTE]
I have no idea what we are now arguing about and I'm not comparing anything to anything
Someone posted a fan film. I said most of them suck.
Icarus posted a spoof or parody of GIJOE. I said it was cool.

I'm not comparing them. I'm saying they are different.

ElJuski

Staff member
Yeah a spoof is not a fanfilm. Also, fairy tales are part of a literary mythology, and therefore, also not fanfilms. Making a shitty Joker movie for your production class and trying to be super nerdy cool is a fanfilm.

It's kind of a shame, really, that it takes so much for an independent filmaker to be taken seriously. But then again, that 'so much' is talent.

THIS ISN'T REGIONAL THEATRE, YOU GUYS! >:|

The GI Joe thing is a spoof due to format and content, not the famous faces in it. It's the same as Weird Al making songs like Dare To Be Stupid in the format of Devo. That's still a spoof.

You know, the greatest filmmaker in the world who is making his 2,000 dollar budget Captain Marvel fanflic that stars his buddy's cousin who was a background actor in The Hulk and his girlfriend who "just wants to do sum actin'" is still going to suck for many reasons. Even if the director has a great eye and tons of talent. In the end, unless he does something REALLY amazing no one will care. Because it's a Captain Marvel fanfilm.
Just like the REALLY promising writer who can't figure out why nobody takes his Harry Potter/Twlight stories seriously and gives him a book deal. When that's what you are doing no one will take you seriously.

ElJuski

Staff member
You know, the greatest filmmaker in the world who is making his 2,000 dollar budget Captain Marvel fanflic that stars his buddy's cousin who was a background actor in The Hulk and his girlfriend who "just wants to do sum actin'" is still going to suck for many reasons. Even if the director has a great eye and tons of talent. In the end, unless he does something REALLY amazing no one will care. Because it's a Captain Marvel fanfilm.
Just like the REALLY promising writer who can't figure out why nobody takes his Harry Potter/Twlight stories seriously and gives him a book deal. When that's what you are doing no one will take you seriously.
F'sho. I should also mention that there are basically genres of art that basically get wadded up in the piss-bin (as Vonnegut would put it), which are but not limited to: fantasy, science-fiction, and comic books. All too many people think they have the chops to muster up well-defined pieces of art in these fields; all too many people fail end up reinforcing the stereotype that fantasy, science-fiction and comic books are for cat-owning basement dwellers in their mama's midwestern home.

YES.

---------- Post added at 12:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I should add though, do what you love, if you wanna make fanfilms or write harry potter/twilight then GO FOR IT. Have fun, that's more than most people do.
I just tire of hearing people say they don't get why no one takes them seriously as they doodle a sparkly vampire making love to Snape.

ElJuski

Staff member
Well shit, man. My doodle of a sparkly vampire making out with Snape is the BOMB

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

making LOVE sorry

A

Andromache

I thought he did a very passable job as Ledger's Joker.
*smashes your skull mouth and teeth against a curb a few dozen times*

DO I DO A PASSABLE JOB AS A DENTIST DO YOU THINK?

no

No

NO

If you're gonna make a fan film, try and actually be "fan enough" to know your damn material. Those actions were not even remotely "Joker" like, not even "Ledger Joker" like and if that's a "reimagined" Harlequin, you can keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.