Export thread

The "I Just Exercised" Thread

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Now here is a thread that's worthy of gloating. Plus, maybe if people who exercise post on here, we'll motivate others (like Dave) who want to get leaner and meaner.

NOTE: This does not include sex, despite it being a great cardio workout. We have a thread for that, already. :p

So here's my contribution for today:

-40 minutes of YRG's Fatburner yoga workout, baby. BANG!
(Also did the 20 minute work out last night to show Dad how yoga works. He's taken an interest in it since one of his tennis buddies has been talking it up. Though, Dad's 78, so I'm wondering just how much he can do.)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Wrong question, Nick. The question is: How much of it CAN'T he do?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Good point, Cop Man. I'll tell him exactly that.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

NOTE: This does not include sex, despite it being a great cardio workout...
3 pushups are hardly a work out...

wait...

Dave

Dave

If muscles get bigger from using them and your tongue is a muscle, how can lesbians (or Rush Limbaugh) ever close their mouths?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

The same way that I can. :unibrow:

Gusto

Gusto

On Rung 3 of that Fitness Ladder. Pacing myself a bit more now since everything is easy except for the running, which triggers my asthma.

Gusto

Gusto

Oh and I had sex last night.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Oh and I had sex last night.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

The fact I never post in that other thread is likely directly related to the fact I probably won't be posting again in this one.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Just finished 30 minutes of Soresu.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

The fact I never post in that other thread is likely directly related to the fact I probably won't be posting again in this one.
Furious masturbation works up a sweat, too. It does for me, anyway.

*obligatory prom night quote*

Gusto

Gusto

Just finished 30 minutes of Soresu.
The lightsaber form?

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

The lightsaber form?
It's very cardio intensive

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

And I raaaAAAAaaan. I ran so far awaaaAAAayyy...!!

But no, really.

I'm actually terrible with keeping track of exactly how much I'm exercising. I normally just exercise until I can't anymore, then go for 10 more minutes. For you guys though, I kept track. I ran...21 and 1/2 blocks today. And I'm totoally whupped...ugh!

Also, I just want to say how WONDERFUL it feels to stretch after a work out. It feels sooo good. MMmmm. I don't know why anyone would skip it.

drifter

drifter

I lifted weights for about ten minutes, and spent about an hour flexing in front of the mirror. #swole #umirin?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Furious masturbation works up a sweat, too. It does for me, anyway.

*obligatory prom night quote*
Nick, is this you?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Cajungal

Cajungal

Finally worked out again... first time since the honeymoon. We walked around a hell of a lot in California, though. And I've been working up a sweat lifting and moving things around in my classroom for 2-3 hours at a time. But yeah, this is the first time in about 3 weeks that I donned the moisture-wicking stretchy clothes and Nikes.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Did 1.5 miles in 12:23 today. Not my best, but a DEFINITE improvement over what I've been at.

Now, to work myself back up to 3 miles again

Cajungal

Cajungal

Jogged/walked about a mile and later that day did 50 minutes on the elliptical. Also picked up the free weights again this week. Feels good!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

40 minutes of YRG yoga done last night with both of my nieces. Although, the older (10 years old) one thought it was boring. The younger one (not even 3 years old) kept running in and out of the room, not really doing much of it. :p

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Back on the Ease into 5k wagon for me today. I did 10 minutes of yoga, then out for a 25 minute workout. Run pace was 15:07. I'm still shooting for doing the Color Run in November.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Well, hopefully I'll be able to post in this thread soon. I figure it's time to take advantage of that full gym I pay for in my student fees.

Gusto

Gusto

Still hitting the fitness ladder. Running is still a bitch but I'm already feeling a bit fitter, and sleeping all the way through the night more often. Plus my girl thinks I'm sexy.

Starting on rung 4 tomorrow.

Bowielee

Bowielee

Still hitting the fitness ladder. Running is still a bitch but I'm already feeling a bit fitter, and sleeping all the way through the night more often. Plus my girl thinks I'm sexy.

Starting on rung 4 tomorrow.
That's one of my main reasons for wanting to get into shape again. My sleep apnea was so much less when I lost some wight (which is usually how it works).

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

40 minutes of YRG yoga, baby. BANG!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

When I don't want to exercise, I look up different dances online and learn them.

So, yesterday, I learned Thriller, Gangnam Style (which doesn't really have a dance to it, but it is fun to dance to) and Saikyou Pare Parade.

I'll hopefully sneak a run in today between all of my other obligations...

Gusto

Gusto

GANGNAM STYLE

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

All the yes-es Gusto!! All of them!!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I'm down to a 11:57 1.5 mile, and if I'd have had the time, I'd have kept going, as I still had gas in the tank. Looks like I'll be doing well enough to get back to my 3 miles before too long... maybe even in a week or two!

Now, to start back in on the daily pushups and situps...[DOUBLEPOST=1343694680][/DOUBLEPOST]As an aside: I am now alternately doing the "Night at the Roxbury" or the "Gangnam Style" horse dance in my car. Thank you so much, Kags and Gusto!

Gusto

Gusto

I wish my feet weren't flat and my asthma weren't my asthma so that I could run without destroying my body for days.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Can you swim, or does that exacerbate your asthma too?

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I wish my feet weren't flat and my asthma weren't my asthma so that I could run without destroying my body for days.
Yoga!

HowDroll

HowDroll

I pulled a muscle in my groin (most awkward injury EVER!) so no skating tonight for Droll :(

Cajungal

Cajungal

I exercised, but after all the pizza I are, it doesn't even count. MUSHROOM PIZZA, WHY ARE YOU SO DELICIOUS?

Cajungal

Cajungal

*ate

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

I exercised, but after all the pizza I are, it doesn't even count. MUSHROOM PIZZA, WHY ARE YOU SO DELICIOUS?
Mushroom pizza is without a doubt the worlds greatest pizza.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

Now I want some mushroom pizza

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

David

David

I slacked for the last couple months but just went jogging again and was depressed by how little it took for me to get completely winded compared to where I was at my peak :(

Cajungal

Cajungal

I think I'm through with jogging. I don't like the way it made my knees feel this summer. Something feels different. Walking/Zumba/Yoga/Elliptical machine/etc. will work for me. I proved I myself It's something I can do... I'm satisfied. Won't miss it.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I think I'm through with jogging. I don't like the way it made my knees feel this summer. Something feels different. Walking/Zumba/Yoga/Elliptical machine/etc. will work for me. I proved I myself It's something I can do... I'm satisfied. Won't miss it.
YOGA! :D

Cajungal

Cajungal

Soooo good. And practical. If I were less shy I'd tell y'all all about it in the se thread. :awesome:

Cajungal

Cajungal

*sex

Darn tiny keypad!!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Soooo good. And practical. If I were less shy I'd tell y'all all about it in the se thread. :awesome:
No no. Do please share. I need some way to lead a sex life, even if it's vicariously. :p

Cajungal

Cajungal

No no. Do please share. I need some way to lead a sex life, even if it's vicariously. :p
Let's just say the cobra and upward facing dog poses are serving us well. Also, supported shouderstand.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'll be in my bunk. Time to do some "cardio."

Docseverin

Docseverin

2 work outs on Tuesday: APFT 2 minutes of pushups, 2 minutes of situps and a 2 mile run in 14:15, followed by 5-4-3-2-1 pull up pyramid twice. In the afternoon Density pushups 17 pushups every minute for 5 minutes, 50 crunches left, right, center, and 15 floor wipers with 135lbs

Gusto

Gusto

Easy, killer. Watch that thin line.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Easy, killer. Watch that thin line.
I keed. I keed!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sweet Nick wouldn't seek to offend. I don't know who I was kidding. In not shy. :p

I think I feel like jumping rope today.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

30 minutes of yoga while dodging a 3 year old who thinks it's fun to crawl under me during downward facing dog.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Wednesday: Density Pull ups = 3 pull ups every minute on the minute for 20 minutes, 20 minutes of High Intensity Cardio, 100 Repetition abs 10 double crunches, 10 situps, 10 hanging leg raises straight, right and left, 10 4 count flutter kicks, 10 leg throws straight, left and forward, Big finish! 8 sets of 30 second mountain climbers with 10 seconds rest between sets.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I like that pull-up routine... consider that ganked.

Docseverin

Docseverin

remember pull ups should be dead hang, no kipping.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

There is no such creature as a kipping pull-up - you're either dead-hanging, or you're bullshitting the exercise. *chuckles*

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

20 minutes of yoga, then another Ease into 5k run-walk for 1.15 miles at a 16:00 min/mile pace.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I just got back from Trampoline Dodgeball at an indoor trampoline park. That is the most intense workout I've had in MONTHS. Oh god my legs are going to kill in the morning.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

.... Indoor... trampoline... park?

Trampoline Dodgeball?

...... sir, I am fascinated by your story, and would interested in subscribing to your newsletter!

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

this place:
http://www.toronto.skyzonesports.com/
Apparently they have other locations around Canada and the US.
Here is a video of one (Not the location we went to. Also we weren't doing flips n' shit cause we aren't cool like that. But this is what the dodgeball courts look like)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

40 minutes of YRG, baby. BANG!

(And man, do I ever feel better. Because of having to spend time with my nieces and rarely having time to myself the last few days, I haven't been able to do a full workout like that.)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Okay, this is it.... my turning around day. I don't care if I'm starting at 6:22 pm and not next morning. Now is the time. NOW IS THE TIME. I'm going to push the HELL out of myself tonight however I can manage. It will all have to be indoor activity, but that is no excuse. I have my elliptical machine, I have my yoga videos, I have my Zumba CD, and I have my free weights. I will work my ass off tonight and then eat a far more reasonable amount of food than I have been taking in. Then in the morning I will enjoy a bowl of steel-cut oats and a hard boiled egg. This is the month that I conquer the plateau! *FLEX* Also, I am baking some very nutritious kale chips.

Gusto

Gusto

Now that there's someone in my life who will occasionally see me naked, I'm much more motivated to continue working out a bit every day. Amazing how that works.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I don't have anyone that sees me naked except my mirror doppleganger. :(

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

But, Nick, I've been in your life for years.. :(

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

But, Nick, I've been in your life for years.. :(
http://hahgay.com/

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, but he told me he thinks you're hot.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

40 minutes of YRG, baby. BANG!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Exercised again today and have been successful so far in watching my portions. I ate my breakfast out of one of my little mise en place bowls. That might be my new cereal bowl.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Had a 4 day weekend so it is going to jump around a bit. Thursdays workout: 10/9/8/7/6/5/4/3/2/1 Push ups, Kettle bell presses 5x10, 185lbs Deadlift 5x10, 2000m Row.

Tuesday: 30sec/30sec Sprint/Walk for 10 minutes, 5 minutes of walking, 30sec/60sec Sprint/Walk for 10 minutes, 2 minute rest 8 sets of 30sec/30sec burpees/rest, 5/4/3/2/1 Pullups from deadhang, 5/4/3/2/1 Dips.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I forgot to post what I did yesterday.

So, yesterday:
Interval training: 5 sec. rest 25 sec. max effort - 6 rounds
Low Jacks: 37, 35, 37, 38, 40, 37, 40
Bicycle: 32, 28, 29, 30, 28, 25
Dancing Crab: 14, 16, 18, 17, 15, 15
Ninja Jump Tuck: 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7

Today:
Slow interval: 6 minutes max effort, 1 min. break - repeat
8 jump squat punch outs: 5 rounds in 6 minutes/ 4 rounds the second 6 minutes
8 sandbag lunges with twist: 5 rounds in 6 minutes/ 4 rounds the second 6 minutes
4 switch push ups/4 tricep pushups: 5 rounds the first 6 min./ 4 rounds the second 6
8 sandbag sit ups: 5 rounds the first 6/ 3 rounds the second 6

Docseverin

Docseverin

Wednesday Muscle building day. 150lbs over head press 3x max reps, French press 75lbs 3x max reps, Preacher curls 90lbs 3x max reps, Bench press 150lbs 3x max reps, Seated row 160 3x max reps, Squats 200lbs 3x max reps, Calf raises 1/2/3/4/5...etc up a tall flight of stairs, Weighted sit ups with press: Take 2 20lbs kettle bells and prepare to do a sit up with nothing holding your feet, perform a press, return to rest then perform a sit up, at the top of your sit up perform an overhead press 3x10 reps.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Since I'm really working on my flexibility (I want to be able to do Bayonetta justice!), I did yoga! Which was very fun.

Then I did 4 minutes of painful ab exercises that kicked my butt. I don't even know what they're called, but I am in pain - especially since I'm sore from yesterday's work out.

But I will not quit! I want to make a change in myself, for me, for the better! Never quit!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

This week has been a p.i.t.a. since we're getting back into the school schedule. I haven't run yet. But tonight, since I was feeling like a schlub, I did some exercises while my son was getting his shower.

push ups - 3 x 10
pilates swimming - 3 x 10
reverse crunches - 3 x 10 with bicycle added to the last set x 5
plank - 2 x count of twenty
half bridges - 3 x 10

Docseverin

Docseverin

Thursday morning workout! Density Pushups= 17 pushups every minute on the minute for 5 minutes, 3 rounds 12/10/8 of the following exercises: wall ball w/ 20lbs medicine ball, Burpees, KB clean and press each arm, KB swings with switch, Floor wipers with 2 20lbs KB, Farmers carries with 70lbs*, Ab Wheel, Split squats with 20lbs.

All Kettle Bell exercises should be done with a strenuous weight

*25 Meters out and back.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Been doing a pretty good schedule. I go to the gym for about an hour/hour and a half five days a week and alternate workouts:
  • Arms (biceps/triceps)
  • Back
  • Chest
  • Shoulders
  • Legs
  • Core
I kind of took a stop on the cardio for now, I plateau'd when I was mainly doing cardio so I figured I'd focus on this for a few months. Now I just need to work on stretching in the mornings and working in a cardio day or just forcing myself on the treadmill for ten minutes after a work out.
Oh, I've been doing protein powder too. I did some research and found one with low fat, no bizarre chemicals/creatine and not too bad tasting if I just use water, so it's a nice reward afterwards when I mix it up with banana and a spoonful of this organic peanut butter.
But yeah, weight-wise I haven't lost too much but I'm definitely losing fat and toning up nicely. I'm just trying to avoid becoming those awkwardly shaped weight-lifters.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ohh, what kind of protein powder do you use BananaHands? I've been looking for one to add to my morning fruit smoothies...

Also, atta boy Doc!

(I'll post my work-out later today.)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I did 1.72 miles with run pace of 14:28 and a walking pace of 17:10. I had the worst side stitch when I did the walking intervals! Also, it is 84°f (nearly 29°C) and I think I am melting.

5 minute warm up

45 second run
60 second walk
60 second run
90 second walk
90 second run
2 minute walk
repeat x3

5 minute cool down

drifter

drifter

Deep breaths = no side stitches.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Usually when get a side stitch it's during a running interval and when I start a walking interval it goes away. Today it was the opposite. It was bizarre. I tried breathing deeper, breathing more normally, holding the area where I had the side stitch, and eventually I had to stretch my side with my arm overhead in order to get rid of it like a cramp. Not the first time, won't be the last I'm sure. :)
Also, I had this song come up while I was running and it made me think of some of our friends who are competitive runners.

drifter

drifter

Realized I've been bouncing out of my squats. Femoral muscles aren't happy about this revelation.

Docseverin

Docseverin

It's Friday... time to finish the week strong with a 6 mile run/walk with 35lbs pack in 1 hour!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Today = yoga. My muscles are so tight from the exercises I did in the last two days that I must stretch or keep walking like an 80 year old.

So that was 30 minutes of yoga plus another 30 minutes of cleaning 3 bathrooms. Cleaning made me sweat more than the yoga.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I was a lazy pants and didn't post my work out from yesterday. After I finish todays I'll post both.

Kovac

Kovac

Just got back from a 16.4km/10 Mile run

Feeling tired but glad to have done it

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Finished my yoga for today! I tried 'yin' style yoga, which I REALLY enjoyed.

And yesterday's work out: Hills
I jogged to a rather large hill somewhat near my house did: 1 sprint, 2 walking, 2 more sprints, jogged home. That incline is a killer.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I have a hatha yoga routine for runners that I bookmarked. http://www.doyogawithme.com/content/yoga-runners-injury-prevention
I've done it a couple of times and felt a difference in my legs and back as soon as I was done.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

40 minutes of YRG yoga today, baby. BANG![DOUBLEPOST=1344697383][/DOUBLEPOST]And ooh, I hadn't seen that website before WasabiPoptart. I'll be bookmarking that. Thanks!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

ThatNickGuy - Seej introduced me to Yogatic/Esther Ekhart on YouTube. She has a lot of different sequences from beginner to advanced. She also does some sequences for specific problems like TMJ and neck pain. I like how she explains everything and, as a beginner, find her easy to follow.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I'm so glad you are enjoying her channel! :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Interval training - 50 seconds max effort, 10 seconds break. 4 exercises, 3 rounds
lateral side lunges w/chair: 27, 24, 24
2 low side lunges (crab walk) a press: 11, 11, 9
touchdowns: 43, 39, 41
3 low squats, 3 medium squats, 3 full squats all with sandbag: 3, 3, 4

PatrThom

PatrThom

this place:
http://www.toronto.skyzonesports.com/
Apparently they have other locations around Canada and the US.
They just opened one near me. I haven't gone yet. We're trying to get work to book us a party there sometime. Y'know, for team building 'n' stuff.
[DOUBLEPOST=1344747701][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ohh, what kind of protein powder do you use
This has been my favorite so far. Shame it's so expensive.

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I was going to rest today. However, I got aggravated with life in general and had to go run tonight before I punched some random stranger in the head for kicks (not really). I went 1.70 miles with a run pace of 14:59 and walking pace of 16:55. Same intervals as I posted a few days ago. I think I'm going to stick with this one for another week instead of moving to the next set because I am dying after the 90 second run. The next one jumps to 3 minute running intervals and I know I would be gulping air instead of breathing.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Monday! Lets jump into this head first with: http://www.topendsports.com/testing/tests/20mshuttle.htm
then 45 second intervals for 3 rounds of the following
Tire flips
Dips
Burpee Pull ups
Supine bicycle
Air Squats

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Yesterday was my day of rest. Except that I went to the beach and hung out in the shallow water for about 45 minutes in a seated position with my legs extended in front of me, but held myself off of the bottom with my arms. I tried to keep the waves from pushing and pulling me. Today I feel like I did about 100 crunches, my back is sore, and so are my legs. Yay for exercise without really meaning to!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Yay, I'm so glad people are continually posting updates!

So today: Interval training, 6 exercises, 3 rounds, 20 sec. max effort, 10 sec. jog in place w/ high knees
prisoner jacks: 38, 37, 42
squat and kick: 12, 12, 13
jump overs: 25, 26, 34
squat, touch the floor: 16, 16, 17
squat and side lift: 11, 11, 11
floor hops: 22, 17, 24

And then I did some 'yin' style yoga as well.

Woo!

Docseverin

Docseverin

Tuesday is a tough one, but I encourage anybody and everybody to try.
Single leg squats (2 sets x 15 reps
Pull ups (2 sets x 8 reps)
Supine bicycle (1 set for 1 minute)
Single Leg stiff leg deadlift with 15lbs kettle bell (1 set 15 reps)
Nordic Hamstring (1 set x 15 reps)
Push ups (3 sets 60 seconds, 40 seconds, 30 seconds. 30 seconds of rest in between)
Hanging crunches (2 sets x 12 reps)
Star Lunge (2 sets x 5 reps)
Pull ups/Push ups (1 set max reps w/ no rest)
30 seconds of front plank, right side, left side, and reverse plank without rest inbetween.

Enjoy!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I was able to squeeze in 20 minutes on the elliptical machine this morning before work! Tonight I'm doing some yoga. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

No real workout today. I'm feeling really weak and ill, but I did go on a bike ride. Been drinking lots of water and will hopefully feel better tomorrow, so I can get back in to it :)

Docseverin

Docseverin

Today is a stretch day, the calm before the storm that is tomorrow. Start out with:
3 sets of 45 seconds hanging from a pull up bar
3 sets of max effort holding your chin above the bar as long as possible and slowly letting down
3 x 10 negative pull ups
Then stretch as needed for 45 minutes.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

30 minutes of yoga. Probably going to go run tonight, too.

Hylian

Hylian

Man I have been having a hard time working out lately. I had been working out 4 times a week for about 2 hours at a time (weight lifting and cardio) but I was usually only making it for about 2 times a week (usually because work left me so exhausted). So I recently changed my workout schedule to everyday for about 45 minutes (30 minutes of cardio and 15-20 minutes of stretches) but even with that I have been finding myself slacking off. I only managed to go 2 times last week and so far this week I have only made it once so far. On the plus side I am still doing fairly well off weight and health wise. I am currently 175 pounds and for a 6'2" male that puts me well in the acceptable range but I would still like to try to knock it down to a flat 170 pounds so I can fall into the "lean" side of the scale. Another plus side is that with the increased exercise and everything has made it so my metabolism is working nicely again. Even with my eating more junk food lately I still have managed to not gain any weight and in fact I am still losing weight (just very slowly). I know I just need to force myself to get back into the habit of going to the gym on a regular schedule but little things just seems to crop up (such as having to work late and not get home until 7:30 some nights). But that being said I still plan on dragging myself to the gym tonight if for no other reason than I ate some desserts at lunch and I really should try and burn those off. But if anyone has any recommendations (other than share willpower) on how to get myself back into the habit of a regular schedule I am all ears.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Didn't make the run since our regular schedule got thrown off. But I did some other exercises.

push ups - 3 x12
ball pass - 2 x 10
planks - 2 x count of 30
Wall squats - 2 x 10

Docseverin

Docseverin

Thursdays work out is here,
1mile run to warm up
4 rounds max effort for 75sec, 60sec, 60sec, 45sec; 30 seconds of rest between exercises and 45 seconds of rest between rounds:
Box Jumps
Hammer Swings
Floor Sweepers
Jack Knife Push ups
Farmers Carry *50 meters* Wall Ball until time to switch
Deadlift 135lbs
Burpees
1 mile run to cool down

Let me know if these are helping anybody, I would like some feed back from people other than the psycho's I work out with who say to make it harder.

Enjoy!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I actually haven't tried any of your workouts Doc, but they look very challenging in an awesome kind of way.

If I didn't already have a group that came up with exercises for me - I would definately do yours!

Sorry, that's as much feedback as you'll get from me when I'm still sleepy. Regardless, I like that you post them! I feel like we're workout buddies, cause you post your workout, I like it, then I post my workout and you like it. So now, I must workout so that I can get that 'like'! :)

Ugh....I just realized I didn't post my workout for yesterday...phooey. Will do yesterdays and today's later.

Hylian

Hylian

I know it's not a ton but yesterday I did 30 minutes of fairly intensive cardio (15 degree incline at 6mph) followed by 20 minutes of stretching.

I was doing weight lifting instead of the stretching in the past but I have noticed that I have almost no flexibility and when I do stretch it usually hurts a bit while I am doing them. I am not sure if it is caused by my sciatica or if my sciatica is because of my poor flexibility. Although my sciatica hasn't really been acting up to much it still hurts to move in certain positions so I figured I would benefit more from stretching than I would from weight lifting. Part of the reason I want to get more flexible is partly because I hope it will help my overall health and well being and the other reason is because I would like to take some form of self defense course (MMA, karate, or something like that) in the near future and I am fairly certain I am nowhere near flexible enough to perform most of what I would need to (at least not without hurting myself)

BananaHands

BananaHands

Hey, jerks. Don't forget:

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Honestly, Docseverin , I'm hoping to show your posts to Mr. Wasabi when he's able to start working out again. Tripler is starting to annoy us both, btw.

Also - Ran 29 minutes, 1.80mi, with run pace of 14:04 min/mi and a walking pace of 16:47 min/mi. I just hit a total of 23.7 miles with my fastest mile being 15:26. I feel like someone poured a bucket over my head because I am so sweaty and I love it!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sorry friends, the weakness I was feeling the other day has taken a turn for the worst. I'm not able to get around so well without feeling faint, so no exercising today. I feel so bad!

I just wanted to give you all a little encouragement and to tell you I'm cheering for each of you! Keep up all of the good work.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Take care of yourself; that's rule #1! Get well. :)

I did an hour of cardio and am eating steamed veggies, rice, and tofu for dinner.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Thanks Cajungal! Also, way to go with the exercise and meal! Sounds like you're on the right track. :)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Tryin' to undo the Pringle damage from earlier. :p

Docseverin

Docseverin

Be a super hero!
thor.jpg

Docseverin

Docseverin

Played dodgeball because I am a Man-Child.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Played dodgeball because I am a Man-Child.
Nice. Exercise should be fun. :)

BananaHands

BananaHands

I hate stretching in the morning.

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

But I did it.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I can't believe how much of a difference sleep can make! I slept yesterday from about 12:30 to 4:30, then putted around the house until 6:45 when I went in and out of sleep until 8:30. And then I went to bed at 9:30. But guess what! I feel SO much better today! My eyes can now look at sunlight (I've been having eye problems for a couple of weeks now.) I can actually use my nose (I haven't been able to smell very well in..months.)

So, I promise you my friends, I will exercise later today! Hoo-ha!

I hate stretching in the morning.

I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.

But I did it.

Ohh, sad! I LOVE stretching, it feels sooo good. Mmm, so good.

I'm so proud that you did do it though. :)

BananaHands

BananaHands

Ohh, sad! I LOVE stretching, it feels sooo good. Mmm, so good.

I'm so proud that you did do it though. :)
I like stretching before going to the gym, but figured I should do it in the morning as well to help wake up... but yeeeesh, any flexibility I thought I had is gone when I wake up.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Mmmmmmmmmm stretching. I hurt the crap out of my legs yesterday. Stretching and an Advil helped. ^_^

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Need to stretch. That 2-miler I did earlier is making it's presence felt in my legs in a MOST unwelcome manner...

drifter

drifter

Need to stretch. That 2-miler I did earlier is making it's presence felt in my legs in a MOST unwelcome manner...
Foam roller? DAT MYOFASCIAL RELEASE

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Stretching is super awesome! I love to work out those knots and kinks in my muscles. It hurts so good. lol

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Thought it would be fun to go for a short run with the kids (Noah on his scooter, Lily in the jogging stroller) tonight after dinner. Big mistake. They both kept talking to me about anything and everything so I couldn't listen to music. Noah kept stopping to look at things. He also has a slight cold so he needed to stop to blow his nose a couple of times. Now my knees hurt because I didn't get a good warm up plus all the stop and go. I didn't plan on going far or fast, so I don't care that I didn't even go 1 mile in nearly 18 minutes. However, it was not as enjoyable as usual. I feel annoyed and my knees are aching so bad that I think I'm going to have to take Motrin before bed. ARGH

Cajungal

Cajungal

Walked to the post office and the grocery store. :) The best exercise involves killing many birds with one stone.

drifter

drifter

Tried doing some single leg squats; looks like I've got some work to do on my left leg. Not entirely surprised, since I wrenched my left ankle something fierce a while back and never did any physical therapy for it, but it was still a bit of a shock when I almost collapsed to the floor. Also, pulled a muscle trying to keep my opposite leg relatively parallel to the floor through the entire range of motion. That part was a lot harder than I expected.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Alrighty!

So yesterday's workout: Went trail riding with my bike. And had the best time, I'm so lucky to live where I do. :)

And today: Interval training plus an ab bonus
4 exercises, 2 rounds of 6 minutes max effort, 1 minute break.
6 back lunge leg lifts: 1st round - 4, 2nd round - 5
6 star jumps: 1st round - 4, 2nd round 4(+15)
6 push ups w/ leg raise: 1st round - 4, 2nd round - 4
6 knee ups (reverse crunches): 1st round - 3, 2nd round - 4

And ab bonus - these were all done with slippery paper underneath my feet so they could slide on the floor in correlation with the exercises:
1 round, 50 seconds max effort, 10 second 'rest' - hold in plank
Straight up abs: 20
Knees to elbows: 16
Straight up abs - knees bent: 20
Around the world abs: 12

PatrThom

PatrThom

I mowed the lawn today in one go without stopping except to empty the bag whenever it filled up. It took about an hour. I'm calling that my workout for today.

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I started using a different app for running. I like it because the routine is different, but it doesn't keep track of distance or pace. So tonight I did 28 minutes of walking/running. I figured out, based on my previous times, that I ran close to half a mile. :) Altogether I probably did close to two miles.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

We had the first actually nice, sunny day for the first time in a week today. So I went biking:

http://goo.gl/maps/fvQvL

18.8 KM (about 11 miles) one way, making it a total of just shy of 40 KM (24 miles).

Now, if you all will excuse me...

*thud*
*passes out*

Docseverin

Docseverin

Monday! Let's do some endurance, speed and agility cardio!
2 rounds of the Illinois Speed and Agility test
3 rounds max effort:
300m Shuttle run
25m Resistance run (partner assisted, but if you don't have a partner tie theraband around your ankles/thighs)*
Tire flip/jumps (Flip tire, jump in, jump out, jump in, jump out, flip tire etc....)*

* Time the 300m shuttle and the time it takes you to complete that is the time you do the other exercises for.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Oh, hey Monday.
Went to the gym and did some benching and other chest exercises (my bench is slowly creeping up there, but still laughable. :confused: )
After the gym decided, hey, why the hell not, and ran approximately a mile outside.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

PX90 yoga! Well, I got through 30 minutes of it before I felt like I was going to go face first into my mat if I had to do one more plank. My arms are shaking so bad I can barely type.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

6 exercises, 30 seconds max. effort, 10 seconds jog in place - 3 rounds.
Jumping Jacks: 27, 34, 35
High Knees w/ oblique twist: 64, 75, 73
Shuffle Run w/squat: 21, 22, 22
High Heels (Butt Kick): 71, 69, 70
Squat Floor Touch: 23, 24, 24
Mountain Climbers: 58, 54, 57

You guys are such champions.

Necronic

Necronic

I just exorcised an incubus.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Unscheduled workout with the fella.

Heh... *passes out*

Docseverin

Docseverin

6 exercises, 30 seconds max. effort, 10 seconds jog in place - 3 rounds.
Jumping Jacks: 27, 34, 35
High Knees w/ oblique twist: 64, 75, 73
Shuffle Run w/squat: 21, 22, 22
High Heels (Butt Kick): 71, 69, 70
Squat Floor Touch: 23, 24, 24
Mountain Climbers: 58, 54, 57

You guys are such champions.

Is that you in the .gif Kags?

Docseverin

Docseverin

Tuesday = Gym day
1 rep max day. Take the following exercises and add weight until you hit your 1 rep max
Bench press: 215lbs
Squat: 295lbs
Deadlift: 235lbs
Seated row: 265lbs
Clean and press: 115lbs

looking forward to improving these.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Is that you in the .gif Kags?
HA. If only.

:)

Cajungal

Cajungal

Tuesday = Gym day
1 rep max day. Take the following exercises and add weight until you hit your 1 rep max
Bench press: 215lbs
Squat: 295lbs
Deadlift: 235lbs
Seated row: 265lbs
Clean and press: 115lbs

looking forward to improving these.
Jeebus. I need a nap.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Tony Horton, who does the P90X videos, annoys me so much I want to hit him. I need to turn that into motivation some how.

Necronic

Necronic

Why you got to play me like that.

HUH?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

1.68 miles at 15:42 per mile - ran after dinner which made me slower. I know I shouldn't have done it, but I needed to get out and lose my mind for a bit.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Wednesday work out is nice and simple:
2 1/2 Mile run at comfortable pace
Calf raises up stairs in order 1..1,2...1,2,3.....1,2,3,4 etc.. till you reach 28
High Plank 30 seconds
Low Plank 30 seconds
30 hi/lo plank step up/downs
Bilateral side planks 30 seconds
Reverse Plank 30seconds
2 sets of tracking for 30 seconds (legs 6inches off the ground and spread about 4 inches toes pointed, shoulders off the ground with head down so your body creates a slight v shape and keep your arms off the ground.)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I haven't exercised yet..but...I'm quite excited that I feel I need to up my workouts. Monday's was actually easy for me. So, I think I'll up the amount to two interval sessions. Since they're super short anyway, time won't be an issue at all. Yay, I can feel the progress!

I'll post with my work-out later today. :)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Today is a rest day for me. I am so sore that I've been waking up several times a night for the past two nights because I can't get comfortable or once I find a good position I don't stay comfortable. Advil and stretching is on the agenda!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I realized something with todays workout - my arms are the weakest part of me. Waa! It's probably why todays workout was so hard for me.

4 exercises with 2 parts each, 50 seconds max. effort, 10 sec. rest. 3 times.
10 Switch Lunges and 10 hop push ups: 1.5, 1.5 , 1.5
10 Jump Overs and 10 Mtn. Climbers: 2, 2.5, 2.5
10 Kick Outs and 5 Arm Dips: 2.5, 2, 2,
10 High Knees and 10 Lateral Jumps: 3, 3, 3.5

BananaHands

BananaHands

Had a core day yesterday. Blech. Bunch of sit-ups and woodchoppin' and I don't know anything about exercising, so I can't really describe the things I'm doing. The person I work out with knows what they're doing, so that helps?

What's that exercise called where you and a friend throw medicine ball into each other's stomach? We did that too.

Oh, also, my beard is coming in nicely.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

It's weird how my strength atrophied from my peak two years ago. I still have excellent strength doing things like bench press, chest flys and pushups but all my upper back muscles have gone from strong to total mush (which means pullups, rows and pulldowns have suffered greatly). I had to dig deep into my old workout logs just to find out what bloody excercises I did waaaaaay long ago to get those muscles in the first place.

But I have been working out regularly which is good. This fun challenge we have going has been good inspiration and has kept me accountable.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Stretched today, taking an APFT tomorrow. I will post the results. My last one was:
PU: 53 in 2 minutes
SU: 60 in 2 minutes
Run: 14:15 2 Mile

----------24 August check in---------------
PU: 68 in 2 minutes
SU: 62 in 2 minutes
Run: 14:13 2 Mile

Cajungal

Cajungal

>: ( Agggra...

I have been trying to figure out how to get over this plateau. I exercise 5 days a week, I've upped my fruits and vegetables, I've be working on getting a bit more muscle, and when I eat carbohydrates, 90% of the time it's some kind of whole grain. I eat a little bit frequently; i really focus on not stuffing myself. I'm not keeping sweets in the house, either.

Maybe it's stress. Maybe I need to make a change that I'm not ready for right now. Maybe I'm naturally a little "soft." I don't feel unhealthy, but I sure would love to trim down a little more. Keep trying I guess.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

This is what I've done this morning. Probably going for a run tonight since I got sidetracked by a school assembly with my son and celebrating potty training goals met by my daughter. Too humid and sunny to go now.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

So I did 2.47 miles in 30 minutes for an average pace of 12:15 mi/min. The pace calculator on this new app I'm using is terrible so I figured out my pace on my own.

Kovac

Kovac

11.5 miles completed today

And then an hour long nap afterwards since I was pretty drained.

Cajungal

Cajungal

11.5 miles completed today

And then an hour long nap afterwards since I was pretty drained.
Way to earn that nap!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Current capabilities as of yesterday (August 24th)

52 pushups max
70 situps in 2 minutes
9 pullups
0 widegrip pullups (getting closer to that ever elusive first one)

Haven't had the gains I was hoping for but solid progress at least.

----------Capabilities as of August 16th, 2012):----------
40 pushups max
50 situps before failure
8 pullups
0 widegrip pullups (this one is going to SUCK)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

1.87 miles with an average 17:09 min/mi pace. Tonight's intervals were more walking than running - 1: minute run, 1:30 walk.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sorry I've been so quiet in this thread for a few days.

Saturday: went swimming for 6 hours.
Friday: I rode my bike to and from the laundromat a total of 6 times...so I counted that as exercising, I was so whupped after it was all over with. I hate laundry. So. Much.
Thursday: I'll double check when I get home, but I don't think I exercised on Thursday...I might've just done tricep push ups..but yeah.

Keep it up everyone! Woo!

Docseverin

Docseverin

So Saturday and Sunday workouts: Grab beer, open, drink, repeat. Eat everything, feel no guilt.

Monday was a baseline for some of my soldiers and I will be going to the gym on my own later to make up for the workout.
Illinois Agility test: 16.28sec
9kg overhead medicine ball throw: 31.12 ft
Heel Clappers: 9
Standing long jump: 8.2ft
Metronome pushups: 38

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Did 1.5 miles in 11:27 today. Fastest in a LONG time... I'm back up to where I was before I stopped running. Now to get back to the 3-milers. If I can work up my pull-ups and pushups, I'll be ready for the next SWAT PFT.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

4 exercises, 50 seconds max, 10 second rest. 3 times through.

Jump surfs/ squat and press: 11, 10, 11
Plank knees to elbows/ 5 squats: 3, 3, 4
8 Power Jumps/ 8 v push ups: 1.5, 1.5, 1.5
10 Pogos/ 5 per leg: 2, 2, 2

I may do this again in about a half an hour, or do an ab work out.

Yay!

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Today while hanging from the pullup bar like a chump I actually managed half of the range of motion needed for a widegrip pullup no less than three times. This is much better than my usual hanging around struggling in vain to move upwards.

PROGRESS!!!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

36 minutes.
2.09 miles.
16:59 min/mi average pace
max speed 4.94 mph

:D

PatrThom

PatrThom

Shampooed about 500sqft of carpet today (living room and hall). 6 times, each time very smoothly and deliberate, no rushing, and each one followed by a rinse. It took about 8hrs not including the 1hr I gave myself for lunch nor the time it took me to move all the furniture (which would make it just over 11hr total). After it all, the water is still coming up opaque. Man, I got me some dirty carpet. But my 24hr rental is just about up, so back to the store it goes.

Maybe I'll do this again in about 6 months. With more careful planning, of course.

--Patrick

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

4 exercises, 50 max., 10 rest, 3 times through

Elevated plank press with a cross body kick: 19, 16, 14 (again my weak arms failing me..)
Squat jump and punch: 44, 41, 42
V ab roll: 18, 19, 17
Squat, press, jump tuck: 8, 7, 7

Even if I don't see definate results yet, I can for sure say that I feel stronger. This workout kicked my butt today, but I can tell my strength is up. Yay!

Keep at it everyone! Persistance wins!

Kovac

Kovac

8.65km in 44 minutes

If I can keep this rate up for my upcoming half marathon, I should be able to get it done in 1hr 47 minutes.
Which might be tricky...

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I had an 'active' rest day today. Rode my bike to and from work, rode my bike to the store and home. Then went disc golfing with friends. I should've taken a picture of the course, it's a tough one and was a small workout on it's own.

I hope everyone else is doing well! Keep it up guys. :)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Today's workout was brought to you today by the letters F and U.

After the third time of resetting my 5k app to the right interval and having it screw up, I gave up. I walked about a mile before it gave me the first interval ...which should have been a 1:30 run, but it said to walk. When I reset it to the first running interval I ran for what felt like forever. I had to stop, so I checked to see how much longer I was supposed to run and there was another :30 on the timer. Which meant I would have been completely out of breath after only running a minute...but then the timer said to run again!! It had been on the 2:00 walking interval instead! So I fixed it again and yet again it fucked up, so I took this as a sign that I wasn't supposed to do the workout today and went home. I ended up walking about 1.5 miles.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Remember that lawn I mowed before in an hour? Well, today I did it all in 45 minutes (because that's all the daylight I had left when I got home from work). With only 20min to go I was really falling behind, but when the mosquitoes started to thicken up, my pace started pickin' up, and I made it with about 5min to spare. My shoulder is killing me, though...should probably rest it before I have to have a Dr. tell me I've torn something. I want to stay away from Mr. Cortisone as looooong as possible.

--Patrick

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

2.47 miles - average pace 17:00 - max speed 5.13 mph (which is the fastest I've run so far!!)

And I figured out what was wrong with the app. Actually it was my phone itself. The silent mode button was slightly moved, so when the phone went into standby the app couldn't send the coaching audio. I didn't figure that out until I got back today.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

4 exercises, 50 seconds max, 10 seconds rest, 3 times through - I had extra time today so I did it 6 times..

Alternating back lunge with kick: 17, 15, 14, 14, 14, 15, 15
Burpee and jump tuck: 12, 10, 9, 9, 9, 9
Forward lunge w/keg press: 13, 15, 15, 16, 15, 16
Spiderman: 54, 50, 54, 51, 50, 50

And now...sleep...zzzzzzz

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Today was a shorter distance day, but with 2 longer intervals in the middle.
5 min warm up
1.5 run & 1.5 walk
2.5 run & 2.5 walk (x2)
1.5 run & 1.5 walk
5 minute cool down

1.79 miles - 4.78 mph max speed - 18:12 avg pace

I made it through the first of the 2.5 minute runs, but the on second one I started losing control of my breathing with about :45 to go. I slowed down my pace, but ended up walking so I could get it back.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

All last week (Mon-Fri), I biked 6 KM to one of the schools I'll be doing my teaching interning. So, 12 KM per day. Plus, I've been doing a smattering of yoga (average about 20 minutes a day). With all the biking I was doing, it was more gentle yoga in the morning (using some of the programs on doyogawithme.com that was recommended on here). So I haven't been doing DDP's YRG yoga for awhile...until tonight.

I just did the FULL 60-minute Fat Burner Plus workout. The last time I tried it, I was nearly dead. Now, I'm sweating like mad but feeling great.

On top of that, I found I was sweating and winded just walking back and forth to the grocery store only about a month or so ago. That was only 1.4 KM. Now, I'm walking back and forth no problem.

So...progress. Not sure how much is showing physically or if I've lost any weight, but in terms of feeling healthier? Getting there.[DOUBLEPOST=1346627520][/DOUBLEPOST]BANG!

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I just did 10 minutes of that DDP yoga! I feel sweaty and awesome!

Edit: I also swam in the AC ocean today! Dude, it is a wipe-out! Not big waves but powerful.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yay! Yoga's the best. :)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Uuuuuuuugh. Mental note to self: do not do a long (20km) bike ride soon after doing 30 minutes of intensive YRG yoga. Had to take a cab back up the hill. :(

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

P90X: Ab Ripper X

I do not like the random shooting pain I'm getting in my hip now though.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

P90X: Ab Ripper X

I do not like the random shooting pain I'm getting in my hip now though.
I found this to be a fantastic stretch for the hip area.

http://www.yogajournal.com/poses/863

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Just looking at it makes me feel the release of my muscle tension. That is something I love about yoga. I finish and I feel about 3 inches taller.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I'm so sorry I've been slacking lately! Ugh, my diet and exercise routine got slightly de-railed over the holidays! But I'm getting back on track today, I promise!

I have been biking to work again, even though we have a car. It's not to long of a ride, 20 minutes, but on the way home if I pedal to the medal, I get a pretty good leg work out. So, at least there has been that.

Yesterday I played Kinect games for about 3 hours, which was awesome and now my arms are sore. Also, can we just laugh for a minute at how bad Kinect Star Wars is?? K, thank you! My friend and I seriously just played the dancing section of the game and laughed until we cried.

Today, though, I promise I'll post my new workout! It will happen!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Yesterday I played Kinect games for about 3 hours, which was awesome and now my arms are sore. Also, can we just laugh for a minute at how bad Kinect Star Wars is?? K, thank you! My friend and I seriously just played the dancing section of the game and laughed until we cried.
One day I am going to have to post a video of my son playing Lego Star Wars for Wii. You'd think it was supposed to be a game that you use your whole body to play!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I raaaaan! I ran so far to-daaaay! I just raaaaan and I need to tell you all abou-out it.
5 minute warm up
1.5 run & 1.5 walk
2.5 run & 2.5 walk (x2)
1.5 run & 1.5 walk (x2) - this was only supposed to be one interval set, but I decided to do two.
5 minute cool down

1.89 miles in 31 minutes with an avg. pace of 16:31 min/mi. For some reason it said my fastest speed was 11 mph which I know is bs considering I just broke 5mph last week.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I seriously did not want to work out today. At. All.

But, like a good girl, I did it anyway.

10 exercises, 50 seconds max, 10 seconds rest, repeat twice.
Squat pulse: 76, 58
Squat with weights: 24, 23
Forward lunge + bicep curl: 22, 21
10 in and outs + push up: 4, 4
10 hip pulses + 5 leg raises each leg: 2, 1.5
Jump squats: 48, 47
Step overs: 21, 22
Sandbag toe touch + push up: 5, 5.5
Bicep curl: 22, 21
Back row: 17, 18

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Today my head just was not into running. My body was willing! My brain was thinking of how much nicer it would be to relax with a cup of coffee and waste time online. I went and it wasn't my best, but that isn't the point.

1.7 miles
28:31 minutes
16:46 min/mi

5 minute warm up
1.5 run/1.5 walk
2.5 run/2.5 walk (x2)
1.5 run/1.5 walk/2.5 run
5 minute cool down

This app I started using a few weeks ago also tracks my total mileage. Since I started using it on August 26, I've logged 11.82 miles.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Continuing my alternative exercise trend:
Yesterday: Broke down most of Cary's bedroom, loaded it into the car, then drove across the State.
Today: Moved furniture around, brought up and reassembled Cary's bedroom.

I call it the Dad workout.

--Patrick

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Tonight I did 3 widegrip pullups... awesome! My end of September goal of 10 is seeming very VERY lofty at the moment though.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Yesterday's workout was walking all around downtown. There was a gallery walk all around the city, so some friends and I made the trek.

Today's workout:
4 exercises, 50 sec. max, 10 sec. rest, 3 times through.
Lateral jump + 3 squats: 13, 13, 11
5 bucking bronco + 5 plank knee to chest jumps: 2.5, 2, 2.5
2 wide jump squats + 1 burpee: 4, 5, 5
Plank toe touches: 38, 27, 27

I hope everyone is having a fabulous weekend, even if it involves exercising. ;)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I will be increasing my runs to 5x a week, and have been debating parking my patrol car at the precinct and walking to and from work.

Also looking into other exercises to do after the run, but... I'll be honest... I'm too bloody lazy to get up early enough to do all that, plus a run, before I have to be into work at 0900. Yup, I'm a weenie...

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Yup, I'm a weenie...
Typical Marine. ;)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

So today the interval times were all increased by 30 seconds.

2 min run/2 min walk
3 min run/3 min walk (x2)
2 min run/2 min walk
Plus I ran for a bit extra after the last walking interval but I didn't time it. It was about 2 blocks though.

35 minutes total. 2.18 miles.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Walked to the vegetable market for some potatoes. I've got a delicious chicken stew in the oven that's brimming with gorgeous, colorful vegetables. I also got a bag of Louisiana brown rice that will go very well with it.

So I did indeed walk, but I'd rather talk about this stew.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Ooof... let my ego get in my way whilst running this morning... never get offended when the guy with the moto-tats passes you, and try to keep up with him, unless you're actually in shape to do so.

I am not. My thighs and calves are letting me know. Vociferously. *whimper*

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

4 exercises, 50 seconds max, 10 rest, 3 times through.

V up abs: 22, 26, 21
1 leg squats, 5 each leg: 2, 2.5, 2
Star planks: 47, 40, 44
Inch worm: 13, 14, 14

3 minute abs:
Reverse crunches - 50 seconds: 28
Bicycle - 50 seconds: 34
Sit up w/ sandbag - 50 seconds: 19

Then a half hour of yoga.

Yay!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

1.6 miles in 27:30 minutes.

5 minute warm up
3 minute run
2 minute walk
1:30 minute run
2 minute walk
Repeat all intervals
5 minute cool down

I need to do some yoga, too.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Rode a bike for 165 miles today.
...well, not really. Actually, I drove 165 miles back home from a visit, during which I set the cruise control and (alternating about once per second) pushed my right and left feet against the floor of the footwell as if simulating a steady bike ride...for 3 solid hours (not counting traffic jams, pit stops and other need-my-feet-for-other-things moments). When my thighs got tired I'd switch to hamstrings, and when they got tired I'd move to glutes. When I wanted a change I would lift my feet off the floor to see how long I could hold them suspended (a great ab workout), press my knees together, or press the edges of my feet against the sides of the footwell. Basically I tried to keep my legs active for the entire trip. Upon arriving home I was rewarded with toasty warm legs and a healthy appetite.

If this sounds too "lite" for you, I encourage you give it a shot and see for yourself. Exercise is where and when you find it.

--Patrick

BananaHands

BananaHands

Been doing pretty good! Increased my bench to 135 pounds, which is still laughable, but it's an improvement from when I started and could barely do 115.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yesterday: Walked fast for 18 minutes, jogged for 10, walked again for 5 minutes. Then I went home and did 15 minutes of Zumba. Feeling good today!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Did a few minutes of vinyasa flow since it is also part of Mr. Wasabi's physical therapy this week. I didn't do the whole routine since he had already started before I got back from dropping our son off at school. Felt good nonetheless.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I don't know what was wrong with me, but I was just having a bad day yesterday, I was so cranky.

So, I went on a 'rage run'. I run until I can work out my thoughts, however long it takes me, then run home. I'm not sure how long I ran, I just know I've figured things out and feel much better today.

Also, I can see some improvement with my flexibility! Sitting on the floor, legs straight out, I can now almost touch my toes! I could barely grab my ankles when I started. :)

Hopefully I can squeeze a workout in today - Nate has today off and I normally slack when he's home, so we'll see.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Hey! I went on a rage run yesterday too.

Actually went further than I thought too, but today I'm going back to the gym. Still, I need to put more cardio in my workout.

Also, dropped down to 206. My goal was 200 by October so I'd be really excited if I exceed that. :cool:

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I don't know if I am going to work out today. It's supposed to be my run day, but my son's had a cold and was up at 3:30 this morning coughing his brains out. I ended up sitting up with him for about an hour so he could have some warm tea and honey to help soothe his throat. I am so tired. I really want to run, but I am drained. Hopefully a nap will help me recoup my energy.

Update: So my running bug caught up to me and I went out tonight. I did not do the interval set I should have done, but one from a few weeks back instead. I figured a lighter run was better than sitting on the couch anyway. So...

1.42 miles in 21:32 minutes
15:09 average pace

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

20 minutes of yoga and the possibility of Ab Ripper X later on.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

12 exercises, 50 seconds max, 10 seconds rest. I only did this once through...I wanted to do it twice, but..that just didn't happen.

Jump squats: 36
Lateral jump: 49
5 high knees, to the ground + tuck jump: 7
Push up core rotation + burpee: 4
2 side jumps, 2 squat jumps: 10
Commando up and down, 2 kick outs: 6
V abs roll left and right: 18
Super man abs: 16
5 high knees, 5 jump lunges: 5
2 dive bombers + chicken jump: 4
Surfer kick outs, 2 jump tucks: 3
2 push ups, 5 mtn. climbers: 4

Ab bonus, 50 seconds max, 10 rest
V ab roll left to right: 23
Superman abs: 20
V ab roll left to right: 20

Jay

Jay

LittleKagsin evolves into.... TinyKagsin!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

1.83 miles
31:23 minutes
4.6 mph top speed

Cajungal

Cajungal

20 minutes, half jogged, half walked. 20 minutes Zumba.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I did Ab-ripper X yesterday. Got through 90% of it, but I cannot do the V-up/Roll-up exercise. I can get the V part, but I can barely do the roll up (which is like an old fashioned sit up with straight legs) after doing several sets of other ab exercises.
Today I'm going to try some other form of cardio instead of running. Two weeks ago, when I was helping Noah learn to ride his bike without training wheels, I hurt my ankle or pulled something in my calf while running and pushing him on the bike. I've been pushing myself to keep up my running program, but my leg isn't getting better (or worse thankfully). Of course that is why I'm running slower and slowing down has put a damper on my motivation. So I'm going to see if switching to a different exercise for a few days helps me get my mojo back.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Haven't been updating lately as I've been busy with school and been so tired by the end of the day to exercise. Tonight?

40 minutes of YRG strength builder, baby. BANG!

Additionally - and I apologize if I've mentioned this before - in downward facing dog, I can almost get my feet flat on the mat. My right foot is there if I push it or if I'm in a one-legged downward dog. My left foot's still got some work to do. But yeah, overall? I'm starting to feel my heels touch the mat.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

SEVENTY minutes of very intense YRG. Everyone with me on this one, now: BANG!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Way to keep posting guys! Sorry I was gone for a few days.

I've just been jogging, lots and lots of jogging the past few days. I even ran up the canyon near my house, did a woods run just for funsies.

I'll work on posting more accurate workouts in the next few days. Keep it up!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

40 minutes or so of Yoga X. Mr. Wasabi and I both decided we had to stop because his back was hurting and all 4 of my limbs were shaking.

Kovac

Kovac

12 miles in 1hr 52 minutes

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ran my heart out today, and it was fabulous. :)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Ran 1.5 miles yesterday. My pace was horrific. I didn't drink enough water over the weekend, I was upset over this whole friendship thing, my calf started hurting halfway through, I had the first math test of the semester on my mind (it's coming up at the end of the week) and I was having a very negative conversation with myself. I was drained by the time I was done instead of feeling the happy endorphins.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

And today was a much better day! 1.72 miles in about 37 minutes. I started running distance intervals instead of timed intervals. Me likey. :D

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Ab RipperX - I am dying. Ugh.

Kovac

Kovac

12.2 mile run and now i'm out of energy

I should get some food but I don't know if I can drag myself to the fridge

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Went hiking this morning with Nate and Fly - it was gorgeous!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Running day! I did 1.14 miles in 18:54 (does not include warm up and cool down time or distance). My fastest interval was 13:53 min/mi with an overall pace of 16:36 min/mi!! I made the mistake of wearing a hat today. I have thick curly/wavy hair which already holds in heat, so I started to get overheated by my second running interval. I had to walk part of my second 400 yard interval because of it. So no more wearing a hat for me!

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

For those who are running on here, I posit this question: I've heard it said that one should run with food in one's system, eating about a half hour before the run. Anyone have any input on this, one way or another?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I've heard the same thing. A light snack 30 -90 minutes pre-run is better than not eating.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

Unless you're like me and it makes you barf. I usually have to run well after eating. Sucks because you hit the wall way faster but my stomach is a little bitch sometimes.

HowDroll

HowDroll

For those who are running on here, I posit this question: I've heard it said that one should run with food in one's system, eating about a half hour before the run. Anyone have any input on this, one way or another?
I always try to eat something light and carb-y about 30-45 minutes before I run/skate, and I also try to drink about half a liter of water at least an hour before so I go in adequately hydrated.

drifter

drifter

I usually went without, mostly because I'm too lazy to get up early enough to eat before running. Never noticed a difference between eating/not eating beforehand, though. I would think this generally holds true unless one is running heavy mileage.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

For me, I wait an hour after eating and drinking (water) before I go running. And if you are going to eat, it should be, like HowDroll said, something light and carb-y. :)

Kovac

Kovac

I can't handle much food before a run.

At the weekend before my morning long run I will have a small carb-y breakfast (Currently porridge with fruit) and then I will wait for about an hour before going out. Too much food or going out too soon just doesn't sit right with me.

During the week I will run directly after work and if I eat anything at all it will be very small, a few bites at most.

Half a liter of water is a fair bit :confused:
I tend to carry some water with me for the longer runs.

Cajungal

Cajungal

15 minutes of Zumba and 20 minutes of elliptical machine this morning before work. The gods of discipline rewarded my be letting me spill coffee all over my clothes and sneakers*after* getting to school. :mad: That's the last time I wake up before 5:30.

Anyway, I'm gonna repeat this evening when I get home. I'm glad I have enough energy to do it again.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Rest day today. I have had a headache since yesterday afternoon, I have homework to do (I don't understand why I'm in this math class since it feels like I am in a remedial class -btw), and there are things I need to do around the house so we can go to the beach tomorrow.

drifter

drifter

Fuck tabatas

Kovac

Kovac

Completed the local half marathon with a time of 01:49:17

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I knew the air quality was sucky today because of the weather pattern we've had lately. I decided to go running anyway. 45 seconds into my run and I started feeling my throat tighten up a bit. Figured I was just getting dry since I wasn't chewing gum. I almost always have a small piece of gum in my mouth because I get such a dry mouth when I run. Then a guy drove past in a beautiful classic Chevy truck that was blowing out bad exhaust. I should be ok once I get into cleaner air, right? No. My eyes started stinging. My nose was burning. I totally lost control of my breathing. And by this time I was only on the 1 minute mark of my second running interval. So I went home, used my inhaler, and called it a day. Now my throat's sore, I'm hacking like a cat with a giant hairball, I have post-nasal drip, and my eyes are running. At least I've got pancakes and a plan to try an indoor cardio workout later.

jwhouk

jwhouk

There's something wrong when a place billed as "paradise" has such crappy air quality.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

It's the vog -aka: volcanic emissions. Usually it's not bad here on Oahu, but this past week there have been no tradewinds and then Friday night we started a Kona wind pattern that pushes the emissions right to us. Some people aren't sensitive to it. It gives me breathing trouble and headaches even when it's not that high. It's the major reason why I don't want to visit the Big Island.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

It may say beginner work0ut, but I am sweating like I just finished running. It didn't say anything about a break in between, but I took about 30 seconds to catch my breath between every 3rd or 4th exercise.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

You go Wasabi!!

I went jogging today - the weather is way to perfect to pass up. Besides, in a few weeks it will be too cold to go running, so I'm getting it in while I can.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Leg day was yesterday.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I know that feel, bro...

As for me? Back running after needing to kick myself in the ass... 3 weeks has been too long of an off-time. Still managed 2 miles in 17:02, so... not bad. Not great, but not bad.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I think I'm going to have to break down and use the treadmill or elliptical machine at the community center. The vog has been awful here. Every day the weather prediction says it's going to clear out on the following day and it doesn't. After Sunday's attempted run I haven't wanted to go out in it. But I *need* to run. :/

Kovac

Kovac

Have any of you guys ever run a marathon?

Is it something that can be done by mere mortals?

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I have never done one (I can barely run 1 mile let alone 26.2), but I know people who have run them and then some. We have one friend in San Diego who does ultra-marathons. He did 100 miles in 24+hours. I have another friend here in Hawaii who does triathlons. She's like my unofficial coach.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

15 minutes on the elliptical (it said I went 1 mile) and followed by a 1 hour yoga class.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

First run since the vog finally cleared out. Did the timed workout.

4 minutes running, 2 minutes walking - x2
6 minute run, 3 minute walk

10 minute warm up
5 minute cool down

I don't know if the app lost the gps signal or what happened, but it had my running pace 5 min/mi slower than my walking pace and showed I only did 2 miles when I'm sure I went farther than that based on previous runs.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Went on a, nearly, 2-hour walk with Fly yesterday.

He must've been the happiest dog ever because when we got home, he wouldn't leave me alone. He just stood next to me wagging.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Look what I got to do again today! YAY!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Did my starting 2.1 miles today. Huff puff, I'm so beat, but the weather was absolutely perfect. Weeee, running!!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

Had a really bad day at school, but I just did 80 minutes of very gentle, relaxation yoga. Ahhhhhhh. I feel so much better.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Checking in!

Avg pace - 16:35 min/mi
Distance - 2 miles

2 1/2 weeks until my 5k!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

You got this Wasabi, keep it up!!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

30 stability ball crunches
several flutterkicks (I didn't keep count because my husband was explaining how to do them properly)
30 wall squats
30 push ups
30 calf raises on the stairs

I might do a costumed 5k fun run/walk/ride/skip-to-my-lou next weekend. A friend told me about it today, but I haven't been able to find any information about it.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Jogging!! Yay!

I did try, this time, to really notice what my body was doing while running and to keep a good form. If that makes any sense. No randomly flailing about anymore. :)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Jogging!! Yay!

I did try, this time, to really notice what my body was doing while running and to keep a good form. If that makes any sense. No randomly flailing about anymore. :)
Makes perfect sense to me. In the past I have hurt my knees because I didn't think about form at all. Now I while I'm running I have this kind of checklist in my head to keep from making past mistakes.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Been doing nothing but elliptical this week, because I was sick. I couldn't stand to just do nothing, but the elliptical doesn't make me cough or feel dizzy like jogging or zumba. It's something, at least. About 180 minutes total this week on very high resistance.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

20-30 minutes at the gym - .75 mile on the treadmill and .77 mile on the elliptical.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

The company I work for now offers a personal trainer, for free, for employees!

I'm kind of excited/nervous to check it out! So...I may be doing that now, wooo! Updates to come. :)

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

I have had the next best thing to pneumonia for a week and a half now, so no exercise thus far... I'm hoping by the end of this week I should be over it... I hope... dammit, all the conditioning I'd built up is slipping away...

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Oh ye of little faith. Your conditioning will stay with you for a while. I didn't run (or much of anything else) for two months because I had hurt my foot. When I went back to it my time was about the same as when I stopped. And I know you're in better physical condition than I am to begin with, Devil Dog. So get over this thing and then get back on the exercise pain train -and I mean that in a good way- with the rest of us.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Morning zumba.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Gym or road run? Decisions decisions.

Treadmill at the gym was the winner since I didn't feel like dealing with the pleasant weather. I did 30 minutes and somewhere around 2 miles. Eventually I'm going to learn how to work this newfangled touch screen thing on the treadmill so I don't delete my stats or stop my workout before I'm done.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I did hear back from the personal trainer! And, as I thought, a bunch of people were also interested, so they said if we don't a session before they go on vaction, we'll get together after they return. So, either this next week, or after Nov. 11th. Eee, I can't wait!!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Today I couldn't make it to the gym and the vog was bad again, so I did the beginner's workout that I posted a page or so back.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Decided on the treadmill this afternoon. I did just over 3K, running half a kilometer and walking the other half, for 32 minutes. I would have stayed longer, but it was getting late and I had to get home to start dinner.

And I just figured out that it means I have gone from running about 1/4 of a mile nonstop to running close to 1/3 of a mile non-stop. WOOT!

Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster

I was dancing for like 5 hours off and on at a punk show tonight. I'm counting that as excercise damn straight.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

So since I'm trying to gain some strength and not do anything that will make me re-injure my leg (like the walk I ended up taking yesterday because I was lost looking for the new salon I was trying out), this is what I did today. I used a 50 oz water bottle with a handle in the place of weights.

waterbottle.jpg

(When I did the full-sized image it was way too big!)

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

44 minutes of YRG, baby. 16 minutes of which was pure ab work. Everyone with me, now, nice and loud: BANG!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

40 minutes of YRG Strength Builder. BANG!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

*clears throat to get your attention*

One hour and ten minutes, non-stop, YRG. I am sore and exhausted now, but goddamn did it feel good to kick this program's ass. Take that Black Diamond Dozen.

BANG!

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I feel like I'm destined to never meet the personal trainer. She emailed yesterday morning saying she was out sick and would have to cancel her appointments for that day, which included mine. So, yet again, no personal trainer.

Yesterday was so frustrating though, a rage run suited me just fine. It's definitely to cold to go running, but I felt SO much better afterwards that I was glad I went.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

GUYS!! It has happened. For real. I finally met the personal trainer! And she's so nice and friendly, which made it less scary for me.

We just did a fitness test today, to gauge where I'm at; We did squat jacks, lunges, burpees, moutain climbers, push-ups, sit-ups and..a few others I forget. But I was very pleased, she didn't need to correct my form at all and told me that I was doing well! So, yay! It is so on now.

evilmike

evilmike

Finally had schedule, weather, and motivation all come together -- did 77 miles today.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

2nd meeting with the personal trainer tomorrow!! I imagine we'll do an actual work out this time instead of just a fitness test. I'm so excited! I'm actually looking forward to being sore.

I'll probably try to squeeze in an interval work-out today and will update with that later. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Met with the personal trainer today and...it didn't really go well.

I don't know what was wrong with me, but a half hour into the workout I got light-headed and couldn't continue. I felt so silly and embarrassed. That has never happened to me before so I'm not sure what was wrong with me. Boo-hiss.

She told me it was fine and not to worry, but I felt like I let her down and myself.

I'm 'required' to do the work out twice more before we meet next tuesday, so hopefully I can turn things around by then. :(

Gusto

Gusto

Same ting happened to me last week LittleKagsin , I've started going with my girl to the gym but the second time I did I got all light-headed after half an hour and had to stop. Felt pretty silly.

All you can do is keep on tryin'. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Ah, I'm sorry Gusto!

Yep, just keep at it!!

I'm feeling better-ish about it now. I'm meeting with Randee tomorrow, so I'll let you guys know how I'm doing. :)

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sweet little Randee asked that I reschedule our appointment for today....SO! If it happens, I will update you guys and let you know how I'm doing...:)

BananaHands

BananaHands

Getting back in the swing of things. Went yesterday and did shoulders, going today and pumpin' the ol' chest. Gotta get back on the four-five days a week.

Last month has been a bit lazy of me. I've still been going about two times a week, but I've definitely been prone to more snacking/drinking than usual.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Woo, second meeting with Randee and I actually did all of it! I'm quite excited about that. No light-headedness or sickness. I feel so happy having finally completed a workout. And I can't wait to do more.

I'll hop back on the wagon with you BananaHands! *brofist*

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

What's a great way to kick off the new year?

How about the 54-minute YRG Diamond Cutter workout?

BANG!

I'm going to start writing my workouts out on a calendar to keep track of how often I'm exercising. Thinking I should include my walks to and from work, since it's about 1.4 KM one way.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Started going to a kickboxing gym - mostly bagwork and cardio exercises as it's focused more around personal fitness than fighting (though they also offer those classes, just less often). Going once a week for now, but they're opening another branch that's literally a couple blocks from me in late January, so I may actually get a membership then instead of paying per session now.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

25 minute Fat Burner + 15 minute Red Hot Core = 40 minutes of damn good YRG. BANG!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I dragged the whole family out for a walk/run. I've gotten sick of my husband whining about how he's gaining weight and his back hurts, yet all he does is sit around the house playing on his laptop all day and stuffing his face full of fast food when he is at work. So I went into drill sergeant mode and told him he needed to move because sitting on his ass wasn't going to get him in shape or help him get better any faster. While we were out, I was walking ahead of him and our kids so I called out "C'mon slow pokes!" and then I remembered something. When he was the PT coordinator for his command, there was a guy who couldn't/wouldn't run, was overweight, and always whined about having to exercise. Mr. Wasabi nicknamed him "The Shuffler". So the kids started running to keep up with me and I started running just for kicks. I looked over my shoulder at Mr. Wasabi who was barely exerting himself and yelled, "Hey! Are you trying to be The Shuffler?" He sped up. I told the kids he was a zombie that was going to eat us. That got everyone moving! LOL

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

20 minutes of Yoga X this morning. Would have done more, but I didn't eat enough breakfast and had too much coffee so my energy sputtered out quickly while doing sun salutations. Going to do my own walk/run later on.

Cajungal

Cajungal

15 minutes on the elliptical, then I started coughing again, but it's something. Then I did some core exercises and a some stretching. I think by tomorrow I'll be able to exercise normally.

Gusto

Gusto

I dragged the whole family out for a walk/run. I've gotten sick of my husband whining about how he's gaining weight and his back hurts, yet all he does is sit around the house playing on his laptop all day and stuffing his face full of fast food when he is at work. So I went into drill sergeant mode and told him he needed to move because sitting on his ass wasn't going to get him in shape or help him get better any faster. While we were out, I was walking ahead of him and our kids so I called out "C'mon slow pokes!" and then I remembered something. When he was the PT coordinator for his command, there was a guy who couldn't/wouldn't run, was overweight, and always whined about having to exercise. Mr. Wasabi nicknamed him "The Shuffler". So the kids started running to keep up with me and I started running just for kicks. I looked over my shoulder at Mr. Wasabi who was barely exerting himself and yelled, "Hey! Are you trying to be The Shuffler?" He sped up. I told the kids he was a zombie that was going to eat us. That got everyone moving! LOL

Tell your husband that erraday he's shufflin'.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Sorry, I've totally been exercising, just not posting it. Just know that the past week I have been working out. Today was a personal trainer day, it was all legs, I'm so sore. So yeah, I'm back in the game peeps.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Today was back to my own run/walk intervals. I did 1.7 miles doing 4 minutes walking and 1 minute running in about 30 minutes including walking up a pretty steep hill. I decided to start slow since it's been a while and because of my shin. Sure enough the muscle started to complain. It didn't hurt, but I could feel it. I was happy with how I felt cardio-wise though.

GO ME!

BananaHands

BananaHands

YEAH. Been exercising again. Getting back on the horse is rough.

I just need to force myself to start doing the MyFitnessPal thing again, but it's such a pain when it comes to drinking. Guilt city.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Resistance band upper body workout ftw!

Cajungal

Cajungal

Okey doke. First day without painful coughing fits in a week, so I'mback in the game! I started out with 15 minutes of Zumba. That left me huffing and puffing... and coughing. So I slowed it down with 25 minutes on the elliptical machine. I'm about to do 30 more on high resistance, 3.5 or faster. :)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I was reminded today how much I hate using a stationary bike. It's so dull. But it's been pouring rain and I didn't feel like walking/running on the road because people drive like idiots when the roads are wet. So I got my butt (and the rest of me) off to the gym. 25 minutes on the bike for a total of 5 miles.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

You go Wasabi!!

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm seriously just to lazy to post what I've been doing, but I did exercise today! Woot!

Cajungal

Cajungal

You go Wasabi!!

I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm seriously just to lazy to post what I've been doing, but I did exercise today! Woot!
I don't each time either. I keep up with it on myfitnesspal.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Hey, whatever works best for you. Keep it up!!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

I'm using this as my fitness log. And you guys motivate me when I see I've gotten a thumbs up or brofist.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I haven't gone swimming since before the Christmas break. The guilt! The shame!

Cajungal

Cajungal

3 our fathers, 3 hail marys, and 50 laps.

Myself, I did Zumba... Only about 10 minutes because of coughing... But then I finished up with 25 minutes on the elliptical on 3.7. Followed by a healthy breakfast. ^_^

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Go get yo hiney in da pool!

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

3 our fathers, 3 hail marys, and 50 laps.
Hahaha this made me smile. I will go for 50 consecutively by... Monday. Gonna take some time to get my endurance back.
Go get yo hiney in da pool!
I'm goin' to! Tomorrow. I have been sooo sick. I think even tomorrow will be hard, but I'm going to freaking doooo eeet.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Just a throwback from my childhood. ;) That was always my penance, minus the laps.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

What?! 3?! Man I always had to do, like, 12. Am I a worse person? oh man.

Cajungal

Cajungal

What?! 3?! Man I always had to do, like, 12. Am I a worse person? oh man.
I think we just had a burnt out priest. Plus, I was a little *girl* so they didn't pay me much attention. /moldy joke

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Oooh hoho that's terrible.

But I grinned.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Lily and I did the Coffee Break Workout and after lunch we're getting out the fitness balls. She wants to do more fun exercises with Mommy. :)

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Ended up going for a run instead of playing with the fitness balls. 1.45 miles with the worst pace I have ever recorded, but my shin isn't bothering me. I needed to get out of my house before I strangled someone.

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

This past week has not been good for me. I've been struggling with a really bad bout of depression.

Just now, though, I did the 40 min. YRG Strength Builder. And man, do I ever feel better. Everyone with me, now. Nice and loud:

BANG!!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

You go Nick! My therapist insists that the dopamine, serotonin and endorphins produced by exercise are better than any pill out there for depression and anxiety. So double good for you! :D

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

You go Nick! My therapist insists that the dopamine, serotonin and endorphins produced by exercise are better than any pill out there for depression and anxiety. So double good for you! :D
Lies peddled by Big Fitness!

Cajungal

Cajungal

30 minute walk and 25 minute vinyasa session. Woke up feeling great. I am feeling good about my weigh-in... About 2.5 weeks to go!

dill616

dill616

[user] General Specific[/user] and I joined a gym recently. It wasn't because of the new year or resolutions to be kept. Rather, it's due to the fact that I have arthritis in my back and neck, which has been giving me hell, as well as the superpower to hurt my back by lifting as little as 5 pounds of books the wrong way. Losing weight and working out my muscles will help the circulation and build up strength in my back. The General agreed to workout as long as he has a partner there. Although, I must say that I could hardly get through a yoga routine while laughing at his sound effects. He does a wicked airplane and tugboat.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

I couldn't take it anymore, I went running.

It's 24 degrees, but I went running. And it was a beautiful mistake. I haven't been since Oct (I think), but it felt so good. I made it through my regular route and only stopped to walk once - and only for half a block.

Surprisingly, the cold wasn't to terrible. It didn't hurt my lungs as much as I thought it would, but legs went numb so fast and stayed that way.

I meet with the personal trainer tomorrow, so I probably won't go running again...for a little while. Hopefully, the groundhogs predictions ring true and it begins to get warmer.

Cajungal

Cajungal

AMAZON.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

Hey, it's only cold if you're standing still...

Cajungal

Cajungal

I went for a jog and I jogged for FIFTEEN MINUTES STRAIGHT WITHOUT STOPPING! New personal best! I was out for a total of 40 minutes, half jogging, half walking rilly rilly fast. Then I did 20 minutes of yoga. ^_^ Feelin' good.

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Went for a walk yesterday with Lily in the jogging stroller. 2 miles at cardio pace. Little did I know the tires on the stroller were flat. My shoulders and chest are so sore.

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

It was 30 + degrees today, so I went running!! Hnnn, I just...love it so much. I pushed myself harder than I probably should've, I feel a little ill right now. But, it was worth. I just hadn't gone in so long, I just got too excited - ran like a gazelle.

I started 'myfitnesspal' and it's kind of fun! I didn't realize how many calories I burned while running and it's awesome to see. Wweeeee, progress!!!

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

Walked 1.95 miles in 35 minutes. I also signed up for another 5k in April.

Bones

Bones

another morning with the weights, boy are my muscles sore, although it seems that I am gaining actual muscle mass, so I guess thats good. I dont really care if I have tone or anything, I just want to get some exercise and possibly get stronger. Bones is a crazy guy, I know! :3

Dave

Dave

Swimming is the best Cardio / calorie burning exercise out there and there is little to no impact on joints. I have been a swimmer my whole life and definitely recommend it to anyone looking to shape up.
If you are a bot I have to compliment the programmer.

jwhouk

jwhouk

Bot, I'd bet.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

If he's not a Bot, he is one busy poster. It looks like he's a member of 100's of forums.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I've been focusing on yoga. I've been stressed out lately, and it seems to be helping. I don't feel like I've lost weight, but maybe I'm carrying myself better, because these work pants aren't slightly snug for the first time in months.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I've been focusing on yoga. I've been stressed out lately, and it seems to be helping. I don't feel like I've lost weight, but maybe I'm carrying myself better, because these work pants aren't slightly snug for the first time in months.
Yoga seems to fix unexpected things. I don't have lower back pain anymore. I don't know if I believe all of out-there medical claims, but yoga does help some physical issues.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

So, that's what he's selling.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

After falling off the wagon for a few weeks (got sick, then had St. Pat's, then was still sick), I went back to the gym yesterday... my gains have gone (Squat 235, bench 165, deadlift 275), but I did decently...

Aaaaand my body is letting me know that I missed a couple weeks. Owieowieowie....

LittleKagsin

LittleKagsin

Nothing can stop me now. Nothing.

It's spring and above 40 degrees everyday, which means it's time to bust out the trainers! I've gone running most of the week, and last week, and it's been fantastic. I love running, so so much.

Did hurt my shin and hip earlier this week though, so I've taken two days off to stretch and recover. But, today, I'll be back out there. Weeeeeeeee!!!

drifter

drifter

Oh god, my leeeegs ;_;

Kovac

Kovac

For the first time ever I was able to perform an over handed pullup.

It surprised me since just a few days ago I wasn't able to manage it.