The "I Just Exercised" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now here is a thread that's worthy of gloating. Plus, maybe if people who exercise post on here, we'll motivate others (like Dave) who want to get leaner and meaner.

NOTE: This does not include sex, despite it being a great cardio workout. We have a thread for that, already. :p

So here's my contribution for today:

-40 minutes of YRG's Fatburner yoga workout, baby. BANG!
(Also did the 20 minute work out last night to show Dad how yoga works. He's taken an interest in it since one of his tennis buddies has been talking it up. Though, Dad's 78, so I'm wondering just how much he can do.)

Dave

Staff member
If muscles get bigger from using them and your tongue is a muscle, how can lesbians (or Rush Limbaugh) ever close their mouths?

On Rung 3 of that Fitness Ladder. Pacing myself a bit more now since everything is easy except for the running, which triggers my asthma.

And I raaaAAAAaaan. I ran so far awaaaAAAayyy...!!

But no, really.

I'm actually terrible with keeping track of exactly how much I'm exercising. I normally just exercise until I can't anymore, then go for 10 more minutes. For you guys though, I kept track. I ran...21 and 1/2 blocks today. And I'm totoally whupped...ugh!

Also, I just want to say how WONDERFUL it feels to stretch after a work out. It feels sooo good. MMmmm. I don't know why anyone would skip it.

I lifted weights for about ten minutes, and spent about an hour flexing in front of the mirror. #swole #umirin?

Cajungal

Staff member
Finally worked out again... first time since the honeymoon. We walked around a hell of a lot in California, though. And I've been working up a sweat lifting and moving things around in my classroom for 2-3 hours at a time. But yeah, this is the first time in about 3 weeks that I donned the moisture-wicking stretchy clothes and Nikes.

Did 1.5 miles in 12:23 today. Not my best, but a DEFINITE improvement over what I've been at.

Now, to work myself back up to 3 miles again

Cajungal

Staff member
Jogged/walked about a mile and later that day did 50 minutes on the elliptical. Also picked up the free weights again this week. Feels good!

40 minutes of YRG yoga done last night with both of my nieces. Although, the older (10 years old) one thought it was boring. The younger one (not even 3 years old) kept running in and out of the room, not really doing much of it. :p

Back on the Ease into 5k wagon for me today. I did 10 minutes of yoga, then out for a 25 minute workout. Run pace was 15:07. I'm still shooting for doing the Color Run in November.

Well, hopefully I'll be able to post in this thread soon. I figure it's time to take advantage of that full gym I pay for in my student fees.

Still hitting the fitness ladder. Running is still a bitch but I'm already feeling a bit fitter, and sleeping all the way through the night more often. Plus my girl thinks I'm sexy.

Starting on rung 4 tomorrow.

Still hitting the fitness ladder. Running is still a bitch but I'm already feeling a bit fitter, and sleeping all the way through the night more often. Plus my girl thinks I'm sexy.

Starting on rung 4 tomorrow.
That's one of my main reasons for wanting to get into shape again. My sleep apnea was so much less when I lost some wight (which is usually how it works).

When I don't want to exercise, I look up different dances online and learn them.

So, yesterday, I learned Thriller, Gangnam Style (which doesn't really have a dance to it, but it is fun to dance to) and Saikyou Pare Parade.

I'll hopefully sneak a run in today between all of my other obligations...

I'm down to a 11:57 1.5 mile, and if I'd have had the time, I'd have kept going, as I still had gas in the tank. Looks like I'll be doing well enough to get back to my 3 miles before too long... maybe even in a week or two!

Now, to start back in on the daily pushups and situps...[DOUBLEPOST=1343694680][/DOUBLEPOST]As an aside: I am now alternately doing the "Night at the Roxbury" or the "Gangnam Style" horse dance in my car. Thank you so much, Kags and Gusto!

I wish my feet weren't flat and my asthma weren't my asthma so that I could run without destroying my body for days.

Status
Not open for further replies.