Export thread

The "I am coincidentally giving something up for 40 days" thread

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I've quit drinking.

Long-term, I've resolved to quit drinking alone, but lately I've just been drink so goddamn much and frankly, it's having an impact. So I'm giving this a whirl.

Dave

Dave

The first step is knowing you have a problem.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Chad was later found dead from dehydration.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Chad was later found dead from dehydration.
This is a risk.

dill616

dill616

I've quit drinking.

Long-term, I've resolved to quit drinking alone, but lately I've just been drink so goddamn much and frankly, it's having an impact. So I'm giving this a whirl.

I believe in you, Chad!! It's been 4 years since I went sober. You can do it! :)

drifter

drifter

I had noticed you seemed to be drunk posting a lot lately. Good to know you've got a handle on it.

BananaHands

BananaHands

Hmm. I'm giving up illegal drugs. Not that I partake in them a lot, but might as well put the last nail in that coffin.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I drink alcohol in moderation, and while I do use too much weed, I'm not quite ready to give it up yet, so...Nothing for me for the moment :p

Gusto

Gusto

I'm giving up soda, except club soda which is basically carbonated water and doesn't really count.

I drink soda fairly rarely, since I tend to take my liquor straight and drink coffee or water while at work. This is my attempt to kick the habit almost entirely.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

I'm giving up soda, except club soda which is basically carbonated water and doesn't really count.

I drink soda fairly rarely, since I tend to take my liquor straight and drink coffee or water while at work. This is my attempt to kick the habit almost entirely.
This is one of the best changes I ever made in my life.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

And I failed today.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Fall off the horse, get back on. We're here for you buddy. :)

Shakey

Shakey

Don't let it be an excuse to give up. Try to figure out what the trigger was and try to learn from it.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Poured the rest down the draaaaaaain.

Good morning. I hope. I have coffee. Coffee is good.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Good man. Proud of you. :)

dill616

dill616

Poured the rest down the draaaaaaain.

Good morning. I hope. I have coffee. Coffee is good.
That's a step towards progress!

Emrys

Emrys

Hugs to you, Chad Sexington!

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Since I'll be in New York on St. Patrick's Day, and probably not around Halforums for the week, I would like to preemptively state here that I will be drinking all the Guinness. And I don't even feel bad.

Emrys

Emrys

Drink a couple for me too.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Since I'll be in New York on St. Patrick's Day, and probably not around Halforums for the week, I would like to preemptively state here that I will be drinking all the Guinness. And I don't even feel bad.
If you drink them all you will feel bad... until you rehydrate the next morning.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Sigh. I feel like I just don't care anymore? Shit. I'm gonna go eat breakfast.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Sigh. I feel like I just don't care anymore? Shit. I'm gonna go eat breakfast.
Don't worry if you strayed from your a bit, Chad. Be kind to yourself--you deserve that. I know you've been having a hard time. There's nothing I can do really, except say that you're in my thoughts. *hug* I hope you feel better.