The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

The last time I bought a car; the manual version the stick would hit me in the knee when I put it into first. So I took the auto instead. Basically the shifter was too low and too close to the driver seat.

I'll just leave this here...

Morgantown High just swept the WV AAA state basketball titles. Third straight for the girls and first ever for the boys. Way to go.

Tsk tsk, allowing high school sports teams to be named after native American racial slurs...
Actually it's named after the... yearbook. MOrgantown HIGh ANnual = Mohigan.

And it *is* interesting that there's not much noise to change the name or at least the mascot.

Got up at 6 am, scrubbed the house clean an got everything set up for the giant Easter Egg hunt.

No biggie right?

Jump in the shower, and since I am awesome I decide to practice my wolf howls. Cause, it's Easter and all that shit.

Practice for a few minutes then switch to whistling Rule Britannia. Cause, it's Easter and all that shit.

@Squidleybits bursts into the room demanding that I come and see if dogs are outside eating the Easter Eggs because she heard loud howling.

Cause, it's Easter and all that shit.

Got up at 6 am, scrubbed the house clean an got everything set up for the giant Easter Egg hunt.

No biggie right?

Jump in the shower, and since I am awesome I decide to practice my wolf howls. Cause, it's Easter and all that shit.

Practice for a few minutes then switch to whistling Rule Britannia. Cause, it's Easter and all that shit.

@Squidleybits bursts into the room demanding that I come and see if dogs are outside eating the Easter Eggs because she heard loud howling.

Cause, it's Easter and all that shit.
We live in the woods and there are wild things out there!

You're surrounded by doomweasels and owls. I'm fairly sure the most dangerous thing around is the only thing outside this forum's control - a cat-eating creature from far, far away.
Dude. This is Canada. We've got Grizzlies lurking behind every other tree, Polar Bears behind every snow bank. Both will devour humans whole.

And our moose won't just bite your sister, they'll ram her car off the road for the cougars to snack on.

Dude. This is Nature.

I'm not sure if this is an Epic Win or just a regular win, but I slept all day.

My procedure was pretty traumatic yesterday and I was in horrible pain until 5am. Then I woke up almost 12 hours later in less pain.

Tomorrow, I'm having breakfast with my Grade 5 teacher (and former neighbor). I haven't seen her in almost 20 hears. She was the first major influence for my writing, always pushing me to write.

I'm so giddy to see her. She reminds me a lot of my older sister, who has also been a huge influence and inspiration for me.

It is a beautiful day outside (it's supposed to get up to 80 this afternoon), my kitchen is almost completely clean now (I'm going to have to get some commercial grade degreaser to get the oven and burner pans completely clean), I get to start a big multi-day baking project tomorrow (I'm making a marjolaine), and I have a beef roast on the smoker out back. I've had some ups and downs over the past two months since being laid off, but things are really starting to get better now. And who knows, maybe some day soon I'll actually get a call or email about one of the hundreds of job apps I've submitted.