The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Playing small-stakes home-game poker with friends for the first time since New Year's Eve, and then this happened

View attachment 18870

Hands wouldn't stop shaking while I was taking the picture (The 10-2 was my friend's losing hand)
I've never seen a Royal Flush before in an honestly dealt card game.
I got a royal flush the third time I ever played Texas Hold 'Em. I was still learning the hands, so I was like "Oh yeah, a straight motherfuckers!" meanwhile, my more experienced friends... Well they reacted strongly.

I don't think I've mentioned it on here yet, but I stumbled into a...unique writing opportunity recently.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamingwildlife
This YouTube channel does a series called "If ____ Were 100% Honest." They're quite hilarious. They also take suggestions in the comments. I suggested "If WWE Were 100% Honest."

Then I took it a step further and e-mailed them directly, volunteering to write the script (even for free!) if they're not wrestling fans.

Their response? They're not wrestling fans, but send them a script! I'd be given writing credit at the end of the episode and video info. Within a week, I wrote and edited a short script. And it was accepted! The episode should be out around September.

If all goes well, this should time very well with the release of THE DAME WAS A TAD POLISH. So it'll be amazing promotion for me.

I don't think I've mentioned it on here yet, but I stumbled into a...unique writing opportunity recently.

https://www.youtube.com/user/gamingwildlife
This YouTube channel does a series called "If ____ Were 100% Honest." They're quite hilarious. They also take suggestions in the comments. I suggested "If WWE Were 100% Honest."

Then I took it a step further and e-mailed them directly, volunteering to write the script (even for free!) if they're not wrestling fans.

Their response? They're not wrestling fans, but send them a script! I'd be given writing credit at the end of the episode and video info. Within a week, I wrote and edited a short script. And it was accepted! The episode should be out around September.

If all goes well, this should time very well with the release of THE DAME WAS A TAD POLISH. So it'll be amazing promotion for me.

A customer absolutely made my day today.

He and wheelchair-bound wife were using a fitting room. I gave them the handicapped room to give her more room to work with. No biggie to me.

Anyway, as they were leaving, he turns to me and says, "I just want to say: I've been to this store twice so far, and both times, you have been nothing but kind and courteous. Thank you."

I rarely hear something like that from a customer. Most times, it's complaints about the rules or whatever. I was a little bit surprised, but managed a meek, "Thank you. I try."

I think part of his compliment was that I didn't make a big deal about his wife being in a wheelchair. And really, why should I? I have no right to judge whatever circumstances led her to it. I treat her or anyone in a situation like that the same as any other customer, as they deserve.

Still, it was near the end of a very long, very busy shift, and it was a nice way to cap it.

A customer absolutely made my day today.

He and wheelchair-bound wife were using a fitting room. I gave them the handicapped room to give her more room to work with. No biggie to me.

Anyway, as they were leaving, he turns to me and says, "I just want to say: I've been to this store twice so far, and both times, you have been nothing but kind and courteous. Thank you."

I rarely hear something like that from a customer. Most times, it's complaints about the rules or whatever. I was a little bit surprised, but managed a meek, "Thank you. I try."

I think part of his compliment was that I didn't make a big deal about his wife being in a wheelchair. And really, why should I? I have no right to judge whatever circumstances led her to it. I treat her or anyone in a situation like that the same as any other customer, as they deserve.

Still, it was near the end of a very long, very busy shift, and it was a nice way to cap it.
I recently got an e-mail from a client with some questions and whatnot, adding a few extra buildings to his contract, and he ended the mail with "and I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you we're really impressed with the level of service you've provided to us so far, everything handled very professionally, correctly and timely. Thank you". This means I've now officially gotten more positive feedback and reinforcement from a client than from my own boss over the past several years. It costs nothing, but telling someone you appreciate their service/work/etc can really make a difference. It's not as if every job can get tips, but a sincere thank you really helps make a day.

Thanks can make an incredible difference. One of the big problems in my line of work (government translator) is that my colleagues don't feel appreciated because the clients never deal with us. They send the texts over via our web site, then, after a certain time has passed, they get an email saying to go download their translation off the same website. It's all very impersonal. If there's any kind of contact (need for clarification for example), a "client advisor" will handle the contact. It all gives the idea that we're this huge machine.

Fortunately, my team and I are imbedded directly with the client. We actually get to interact with them and they get to know and appreciate us. It's an incredible shock when we get someone new who's used to the "normal" way. It makes our job much easier to bear and hey, we might be willing to go a bit of an extra mile for a client who takes the time to thank us.

A beautiful inboard outboard just hit a rock out in the bay and foulled their prop, so I went out and saved them in a kayak.

How's that $60k penis extension treating you now big guy!

The video is set as unlisted and a friend of mine said that it's not available. So hopefully, it works for you guys.

My girlfriend made this to celebrate our 1-year anniversary today. Can't believe this roller-coaster has only been a year. But I wouldn't change it. As Doctor Who said, "I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear." It's no wonder why I love her so much.

The video is set as unlisted and a friend of mine said that it's not available. So hopefully, it works for you guys.

My girlfriend made this to celebrate our 1-year anniversary today. Can't believe this roller-coaster has only been a year. But I wouldn't change it. As Doctor Who said, "I will not forget one line of this. Not one day. I swear." It's no wonder why I love her so much.

I wish I were talanted enough to make something like this for my wife. That is fucking amazing!

Heh, thanks everyone :) It only took a week to make it all lol
Hey there, Alix.
You seem very patient.
And dedicated.
...and sneaky. :)
We like Nick a lot, too.
But probably not as much as you.
That's probably a good thing.
He can be quite a handful at times.
But so far he's always come around (eventually).
Can you keep an eye on him for us?
And also maybe a hand?
And sometimes lend a shoulder?
And, when necessary, a foot?
What I'm saying is,
Um,
That is,
I guess what I'm saying is,
That we're looking forward to another year of you two, too.

--Patrick

Hey there, Alix.
You seem very patient.
And dedicated.
...and sneaky. :)
We like Nick a lot, too.
But probably not as much as you.
That's probably a good thing.
He can be quite a handful at times.
But so far he's always come around (eventually).
Can you keep an eye on him for us?
And also maybe a hand?
And sometimes lend a shoulder?
And, when necessary, a foot?
What I'm saying is,
Um,
That is,
I guess what I'm saying is,
That we're looking forward to another year of you two, too.

--Patrick
I can definitely do all that :)

I watched this while music was playing in my living room (where I'm sitting) and my kids were playing loudly. I couldn't hear anything Alix said at the end of the video. However, seeing the emotion on her face and in her expression while she spoke brought tears to my eyes. Best wishes you two crazy kids! Happy anniversary!

I watched this while music was playing in my living room (where I'm sitting) and my kids were playing loudly. I couldn't hear anything Alix said at the end of the video. However, seeing the emotion on her face and in her expression while she spoke brought tears to my eyes. Best wishes you two crazy kids! Happy anniversary!
You should give it a second viewing when you can. The soundtrack enhances the experience.

--Patrick

Whoa whoa whoa whoa. Stop the presses, hold the phone, you're missing one key detail.

The night we grabbed dinner together, and you told us how this girl asked you about her writing, it was @Squidleybits who smacked you upside the head and informed you that @infamousalix was asking you out on a date.

You were all like "Durr, duh, huh and wha?"

and I was all like "OMG this putz is only on his first beer, better slow down before I get to ten and he feels even less hip than me"

True story.