The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

image.jpg
We made it!

We packed our canoe and launched in torrential rain. It sucked.

Our canoe had several inches of water in the bottom. This also sucked.

But we kept going! The rain lessened and eventually stopped!

We made it to our island campsite and there is no one around for miles!!

Happy 16th anniversary @HCGLNS :)

fade

Staff member
It looks like the tree is hovering above the blue tarp. I can't shake the illusion. It's the shadow on the sand that does it.

It looks like the tree is hovering above the blue tarp. I can't shake the illusion. It's the shadow on the sand that does it.
At first, I thought this was in the epic win thread because someone had managed to take a picture of the tree just as it was being blown off its trunk.

--Patrick

I read that as "Open Warfare" certification and was going to ask you to join Team Evil.

See my post in the Whine thread about being blind without my glasses.

I haven't got my open water because of one damn dive. Diving center was "going to get back to me" about it, then switched from PADI to SDI and conveniently doesn't remember or know anything from before. Blegh. That was...5 years ago? A bit more? Oh well. I seem to have convinced my girlfriend diving's fun so who knows, I might get the advanced open water with her in the future.

I had a customer scoff at me today. It was great! I told her that the fitting rooms have a limit of 6 items at a time. Which is not only reasonable, but common practice for most retail stores.

Her response? "Well, when the hell did you start doing that?"
"As long as I've worked here. Probably longer than that."
*SCOFF!* "Well, I'm not doing that!" And she leaves in a huff.

I've never been full-on scoffed at before! Hilarious!

(No really, I think it's actually kinda awesome to say I've been scoffed at!)[DOUBLEPOST=1438211848,1438211738][/DOUBLEPOST]
went with my mother-in-law to bingo.
It's not the bingo she deserves; it's the bingo she needs right now.

went with my mother-in-law to bingo.

I suppose that was my first mistake. You see, I knew the Dasyn-chas were out there, just waiting to get me, but I decided to leave the house and go to bingo anyway. What's a Dasyn-cha I hear you ask? Well, a Dasyn-cha is basically a giant electric snake. Think of it like an electric eel, except it lives on land, and is 10 feet long when it hatches from its egg, and grows to at least 60 feet by the time it's an adult. They're also really intelligent, and they all have it out for me, after that incident in Cleveland involving the goat and the laxative. I feel I should point out that no charges were filed. Heh... charges.

Anyway, as soon as I left the house I could feel my hair start to stand on end. That's a tell-tale sign that there are Dasyn-chas in the area, because their electric bodies generate a lot of static in the air. I hurried into my car with my mother-in-law, as fast as we could, which isn't really fast at all, because she's getting on in years, bless her. I only agreed to take her to bingo because my wife was busy with her book club. This week they're reading Mein Kampf.

Well, wouldn't you know it, before we could reach the safety of the car, a huge Dasyn-cha attacked. It was jet black, with red streaks along the flanks, so I knew it was a male. That was bad, males are smaller than the females, but far more ferocious, and venomous too. Well, I dove into the safety of the car, but my mother-in-law was too slow. The Dasyn-cha swallowed her right up, whole, didn't even bother to chew. I knew there was nothing I could do for her now, so I slammed the door shut, and burned rubber getting out of there.

On the other hand, I won $250 at bingo, so I got that going for me, which is nice.