The EPIC WIN Thread 3: SON OF EPIC

Oh no, I'm not falling for THAT again!
A man stands alone on a quiet street, seemingly lost in thought as he checks the house numbers.

In one hand, he clenches an address that he knows, deep in his heart, does not exist. In the other, a small box of condoms that will go wanting this night.

He is, the loneliest Bandit.

fade

Staff member
A man stands alone on a quiet street, seemingly lost in thought as he checks the house numbers.

In one hand, he clenches an address that he knows, deep in his heart, does not exist. In the other, a small box of condoms that will go wanting this night.

He is, the loneliest Bandit.
*incredible hulk end theme plays*

There's an orgy in Texas?! I didn't get the memo, but I drove here anyways. [emoji22]
Not counting the "$20 Halforums Sex" thread, the memo started here and has traveled it's usual Halforum course.

Hey, @Emrys! I guess we should get our tickets ready. Dei's already beat us there. ;)

Between this and the Deadpool quote, I'm starting to think I'm your secretary.

...No, not that one.
Can't be any worse than his last secretary.

[DOUBLEPOST=1469590222,1469589761][/DOUBLEPOST]Had a rather rough start to the day that gradually got better. And I guess my bi-polar mood is swinging back the other way because I ended the day on one hell of a high note.

4,300 words later and I've completed the first draft of my first Young Adult novel. Now, to send it to some alpha readers for a first go-over. Then it's time to get some serious editing done. This one feels like it'll need a lot more editing than my first 2 novels.

Still, at 61,800 words, my third novel is complete! Deliver unto me your likes, brofists, hell yeahs!

I've completed the first draft of my first Young Adult novel. Now, to send it to some alpha readers for a first go-over.
This may seem obvious and stupid to say, but, while it's not necessarily a good idea for a first alpha, before finishing it up, be sure to have it read/tested/critiqued by people of the appropriate age group (and potentially at least a few who are perhaps a bit younger, because you know people will read an age group above what they should, sometimes).

Other than that, congrats!

This may seem obvious and stupid to say, but, while it's not necessarily a good idea for a first alpha, before finishing it up, be sure to have it read/tested/critiqued by people of the appropriate age group (and potentially at least a few who are perhaps a bit younger, because you know people will read an age group above what they should, sometimes).

Other than that, congrats!
Although she isn't in the same age group (she's in her late 20s), I have a friend that's been reading it as I've been writing it. She's a major YA reader and has been demanding I write more as she's gone along. So, you know, that's one positive so far.

You're right, though. I'll need to test this out on a few people within the right age bracket. I have some friends who either have kids around that age or know kids around that age.