The Disney Thread: For Everything Concerning the House of Mouse

Disney+ launches in November, $6.99 a month, $69.99 a year, no ads, all Star Wars movies, original content will only relate to Marvel, Star Wars, and ... Pixar, whatever that means.

This is a breakdown of the Disney + service, mentions much more original content that just Marvel, Star Wars and Pixar.

BTW, one of the Pixar projects is a Monsters at Work series starring Mike and Sully, with Goodman and Crystal doing the voices.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/04/pricing-launch-date-new-original-series-movies-announced-for-disney/
If only that tweet I read had been correct, but instead we get

Disney+ will feature an exclusive live-action Lady and the Tramp film

WandaVision is a garbage name. It's like a placeholder name that got left in the slides and Iger just had to roll with it when it popped up.

Also Disney+ got The Simpsons. All The Simpsons.

Watch Gargoyles, Greg Weisman has mentioned that if people show interest, Disney could make more.

YOU ALL NEED TO DO THIS FOR ME.
Disney has known their was interest since they started the development of that "Gargoyles" movie that was supposed to be unrelated to the franchise. When they got blitzed with questions from fans wanting to know if it would be a continuation of the series, they basically dumped the project because they didn't want the baggage.

Disney has known their was interest since they started the development of that "Gargoyles" movie that was supposed to be unrelated to the franchise. When they got blitzed with questions from fans wanting to know if it would be a continuation of the series, they basically dumped the project because they didn't want the baggage.
In other words they dumped it because they realized they have to put effort into a "Gargoyles" movie.

In other words they dumped it because they realized they have to put effort into a "Gargoyles" movie.
More likely they wanted to take it in a more easily merchendised direction and knew about the problems the original series had in that regard, with all of it's blood and violence. I still remember the writer/animator revolt about some of it, such as writing in the marketing mandated motorcycle and destroying it 5 seconds later and destroying the Pack's helicopter in the same episode it was introduced. Disney wants to sell TOYS, not fight with Greg Weisman wanting to melt someone's face and then animating it in gory detail like he literally just did in Young Justice Season 3.

That's not a knock against Weisman, but I understand Disney's reluctance to put such a mature show on their channel. It's the same problem they had with Gravity Falls.

... I need to pick Young Justice back up again. I'd heard season 3 wasn't as good.
I've been digging it so far, but it's clearly hampered by the problems the writing staff had regarding the time jumps they've had to deal with between Season 1-2 and 2-3. The show lacks focus because it can't decide if it's about the Outsiders team or the Young Justice team.

figmentPez

Staff member
... I need to pick Young Justice back up again. I'd heard season 3 wasn't as good.
It's not as good, and it's not just because they got written into a corner. There's some truly bad dialogue. It's not always bad, but there's a lot more clunky lines. It's not nearly as consistent with the wit and charm of the first season.

I'm still enjoying it, though.

figmentPez

Staff member
Let the over-marketing of Star Wars continue! With this teaser trailer for the containers that Coke products will be sold in at Galaxy's Edge.

Let the over-marketing of Star Wars continue! With this teaser trailer for the containers that Coke products will be sold in at Galaxy's Edge.

This was actually done at Disney's request to preserve the sensibilities of the Galaxy's Edge attraction. You can't sell any name brand products at the attraction without a similar transformation.

figmentPez

Staff member
This was actually done at Disney's request to preserve the sensibilities of the Galaxy's Edge attraction. You can't sell any name brand products at the attraction without a similar transformation.
Okay, that's cool. How does that change that making a trailer to advertise the special bottles is a little over the top?

I imagine the intent is more to advertise the park and the immersion they're going for than the bottles specifically.

I imagine the intent is more to advertise the park and the immersion they're going for than the bottles specifically.
This. They want people to know what the Coke products look like at Galaxy's Edge and wanted to communicate it in a Star Warsy fashion.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw limited release of these outside the park around the time of the next movie too.

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railroad has had its opening delayed until spring 2020. Will be cloned and opened in Disneyland’s Toontown in 2022.

I can only imagine how insane Hollywood Studios is going to be with Star Wars opening this fall, without the added crowd of people for the first Mickey Mouse themed ride ever.

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railroad has had its opening delayed until spring 2020. Will be cloned and opened in Disneyland’s Toontown in 2022.

I can only imagine how insane Hollywood Studios is going to be with Star Wars opening this fall, without the added crowd of people for the first Mickey Mouse themed ride ever.
Do people care about Mickey Mouse?

Calling it now, this isn't the last Avatar 2 schedule change. We'll get at least one more adjustment.
I assume you mean some kind of move greater than a month? Or what are you calling here?

Not meaning to be accusatory, just wondering, as moving from a Friday to a Wednesday is probably not what you mean.

I assume you mean some kind of move greater than a month? Or what are you calling here?

Not meaning to be accusatory, just wondering, as moving from a Friday to a Wednesday is probably not what you mean.
December is such a specific time for a release that anything outside of that range is very noteworthy. The day that a movie comes out is a standard for a country. Other than deliberately timing a release on Halloween or Christmas, all US movies come out on Fridays with a Thursday evening prerelease for major blockbusters. However, I know the standard is different in other countries.

Holy shit they pushed New Mutants again? Wasn't original release date February this year?
At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if it either never comes out or they just dump it on Netflix or Disney+. Probably the latter.

Also, always take long-term dates and plans with a grain of sale. Remember when that an Inhumans film was once slated for Phase 3.